What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fan Duel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

Myers @ $5000 is a nice buy.

Palmer has been 2/2 for me in finishing in the money in expert leagues, so as long as he remains cheaper than the big name guys, I have to stick with him.

I like Titus Young to bounce back vs MIN this week as a bargain WR- #2 WRs have had consistent performance against MIN's secondary, and I don't expect this game to be close. Probably like Leshoure for the same reason, although I can't see another performance like last week.

Emmanuel Sanders and PIT D are also good values assuming Brown doesn't play.

Ditto on Palmer and Meyers. They saved me last week.

Also keeping an eye on Amendola and Hernandez for this week. If either of them are back at full speed, they could represent good value.

If the PIT RB picture clears up by Sun, whoever gets the majority of the carries there is a solid choice. Even a split backfield could go nuts vs KC.

The only sure picks I like this week are Rice/Bush at RB and Pittsburgh Defense. WR/TE is wide open and I think a lot of people will use Matt Ryan this week as well. I could see them trying to use their Run game more and controlling the clock and keeping the ball out of Brees hands rather then willfully playing in a shootout type of game.

The only sure picks I like this week are Rice/Bush at RB and Pittsburgh Defense. WR/TE is wide open and I think a lot of people will use Matt Ryan this week as well. I could see them trying to use their Run game more and controlling the clock and keeping the ball out of Brees hands rather then willfully playing in a shootout type of game.
I've entered 6 Snaps/Dives so far, with 6 different lineups.First one I clicked had Ryan, Rice, Bush, and PIT. Funny stuff.Liking Ryan a lot, but reminded of the week vs. Oakland I think where he was the "sure thing" that tanked all of my lineups.Will likely diversify this week & play a bunch of small stakes, or play a lesser amount & go "all in". Leaning toward the latter, but said the same last week & couldn't stop clicking. :addict:

Thinking out loud- Todd Haley is facing his old team. Does he run up the score? Big Ben could go nuts at his current price.

Bears D $5900....what a joke...and waste...

Chiefs might surprise this week but hard to not pass up on Steelers D.

Bears D $5900....what a joke...and waste...Chiefs might surprise this week but hard to not pass up on Steelers D.
Are you saying because it is that much for a defense? or because they play Houston? You do realize for fantasy purposes that Chicago's defense would be the 2nd best tight end right now, the 16th best receiver (just ahead of Calvin Johnson) and the 9th best running back. 5900 would be a steal for that kind of production.

Bears D $5900....what a joke...and waste...Chiefs might surprise this week but hard to not pass up on Steelers D.
Are you saying because it is that much for a defense? or because they play Houston? You do realize for fantasy purposes that Chicago's defense would be the 2nd best tight end right now, the 16th best receiver (just ahead of Calvin Johnson) and the 9th best running back. 5900 would be a steal for that kind of production.
Totally agree. Not that I'm picking them this week but "if" I had 900 left over after I picked the rest of my team I'd have no issue spending it on them. I'm not likely to pick them at the expense of an offensive player but as far as sure things for a defense go on getting you points they are pretty close to one.

They are worth the money when they're getting turnovers- as someone who spent the $$$ on them vs CAR, they're not an every week slam dunk. HOU has the least giveaways in the NFL, so I'd pass on CHI this week and go for defenses like PIT, DAL, DET, or NE who all face teams susceptible to turning the ball over.Interesting stat- KC has 10 more giveaways than ANY other team in the NFL (29 vs 19 by PHI & DAL).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 lineups again I love, last week one of them was nice (nice enough to win most H2H and 50/50s, place in the 10 per) and the other stunk up the joint. Hoping for a little more consistency.

I have a feeling much of this week will come down to the WR/TE, lots of good choices in QB/RB IMO, the WR are pretty darn iffy (sucks not being able to pencil in Marshall for 7k and knowing he'll do awesome, lol)

For that price you are counting on smiliar perfromances as the past and a guaranteed top fantasy D in week 10. That's a bad bet.

Because they are playing Houston and won't keep up their lucky streak of scoring all these points. Playing one of the easiest schedules in the league is always nice. Let's how many points their defense gets the next two games.

Interesting condia lineup from a $5 Thurs 50/50:

Brady

Martin

Jennings

Julio

Broyles

V Jackson

Graham

Tucker

PIT

I don't think I would have come up with that if I had 1000 lineups to set.

Interesting condia lineup from a $5 Thurs 50/50:BradyMartin JenningsJulioBroylesV JacksonGrahamTuckerPITI don't think I would have come up with that if I had 1000 lineups to set.
And another condia from a $2 50/50, FWIW:RyanRiceJenningsJulioDonald JonesRoddy WhiteGonzoGostkowskiSFAll in on the Falcons in this one.

Interesting condia lineup from a $5 Thurs 50/50:BradyMartin JenningsJulioBroylesV JacksonGrahamTuckerPITI don't think I would have come up with that if I had 1000 lineups to set.
And another condia from a $2 50/50, FWIW:RyanRiceJenningsJulioDonald JonesRoddy WhiteGonzoGostkowskiSFAll in on the Falcons in this one.
He sets a ton of different lineups.I'm playing him head to head because I know the 50/50s would fill yesterday in the last hour.RyanRiceJenningsJulioWhiteDonald JonesGonzoGartkowskiSFFunny thing is that I took Jennings, Julio, White, and Ryan also. I went Fred Jackson, Decker, Graham, Graham, and Denver D. I could have put together a better lineup but only had 4 minutes to get it in.

VJax is a good option this week facing his former team. Broyles is a safe pick assuming Titus Young doesn't play/is limited against MIN. Graham looks beastly while Sproles is out.Other than going with Jennings (but based on the matchup, you would've thought receptions would have kept him decent) and possibly chasing points by sticking with Martin, I like most of those picks for the week and could see going with a very similar lineup.

I'm all over the place this week. 10 teams, 50/50

QB: MRyan 3, RTannehill 3, BRoethlisberger 2, TBrady 1, JFreeman 1

RB: RRice 8, DMartin 6, MLynch 2, WMcGahee 1, SRidley 1, IRedman 1, RJennings 1

WR: MWallace 7, ESanders 4, JuJones 3, RWhite 3, MColston 3, BMarshall 2, VJackson 2, VCruz 2, BHartline 2, WWelker 1, DJones 1

TE: DAllen 3, JGraham 2, RGronkowski 1, JWitten 1, HMiller 1, AFasano 1, DPitta 1

K: JTucker 10

D: PIT 8, BAL 2

Anyone have the link to the Freeroll (but not really a free roll, it was $1 to get in)
For a real freeroll...google the Peter King Challenge Week 10. It's about half full last time I checked.

'The Kuhn said:
'dancingbones said:
VJax is a good option this week facing his former team. Broyles is a safe pick assuming Titus Young doesn't play/is limited against MIN. Graham looks beastly while Sproles is out.Other than going with Jennings (but based on the matchup, you would've thought receptions would have kept him decent) and possibly chasing points by sticking with Martin, I like most of those picks for the week and could see going with a very similar lineup.
Didn't even have Broyles on my radar. Looks like Young practiced in some capacity, but still a $4800 guy at WR opens up some room for Graham at TE, or Rice at RB.

Check out Rotogrinders they break down the sample size of the Thursday games in who people started. Gives you somewhat of an idea of what people may do come Sunday.

http://rotogrinders.com/fantasyblogs/Week_10_TNF_GPP_Polling_Results_are_in-83437

Lots of people in on:

QB: Ryan, Brady, Roethlisberger

RB: Rice, Lynch, Bush, Ridley, Martin

WR: Julio, White, VJax, Floyd, Wallace, Decker

TE: Witten, Gronk, Tony G

So in bigger tournies if you want to be unique and maybe pull ahead might be a nice option to hope the Falcons and Patriots have a solid run game with Turner, and Ridley. For WR maybe go against the grain and put up money for AJ Green and Calvin with a guy like E. Sanders as a 3rd option. TE I really like Graham this week and was surprised he wasn't one of the top owned in this sample size.

I'd make sure you have Vincent Jackson in every lineup. He's going back to San Diego, and I have a feeling he'll rip it up.

Check out Rotogrinders they break down the sample size of the Thursday games in who people started. Gives you somewhat of an idea of what people may do come Sunday.http://rotogrinders.com/fantasyblogs/Week_10_TNF_GPP_Polling_Results_are_in-83437Lots of people in on:QB: Ryan, Brady, RoethlisbergerRB: Rice, Lynch, Bush, Ridley, MartinWR: Julio, White, VJax, Floyd, Wallace, DeckerTE: Witten, Gronk, Tony GSo in bigger tournies if you want to be unique and maybe pull ahead might be a nice option to hope the Falcons and Patriots have a solid run game with Turner, and Ridley. For WR maybe go against the grain and put up money for AJ Green and Calvin with a guy like E. Sanders as a 3rd option. TE I really like Graham this week and was surprised he wasn't one of the top owned in this sample size.
Whoa those blogs have some good info! Thanks! So much info on Rotogrinders that I know I'm still missing other good spots on there.I've been building these freeroll college teams the past few weeks with little outside help (actually got 19th place last Saturday on Fantasy Feud...I'm going to turn that $1 into $1M), which is actually kinda fun just really time consuming for a freeroll. The blog article here is geared toward Joust but it will help find values on Joust, Fantasy Feud, and DraftKings.There is a good college hoops one for the games tonight on one of those sites too if anyone is interested. Can't recall which site tho...

Nice link eaglezz! Some good stuff on there. Anyone else like Rivers at $7500? TB pass D is mighty giving. I'm also tempted to start A. Smith($6400) vs StL. I'm not a fan of the high priced QB, unless I see multiple value plays I like at other positions.

'Bobcat10 said:
Hopefully most people pick Doug Martin. :hophead:
Insightful stuff here. I've been noticing this the past few weeks. You rolling at a 95% clip right?
Same person who was saying what a bad RB Foster was, IIRC. :yawn:
What's so great about him?4.0 ypc...impressive....if he played on a ####ty team he would have no touchdowns. Houston could just throw in any back in there and get the same numbers if not better.

I see majority of people have Ryan starting...that should be fun.

Have him in my real league in a must win game....mushed.

Is it me or do you guys also get crushed once you get to the $25 level? Twice now I've rung up my original $25 to the $200-250 range winning $5-10 games. Then I'll move up to the $25 level and go 2-8 or something.

Something to watch. If Hernandez doesn't play I think gronk become a must add into your team he is huge when Hernandez is out

'KingK said:
'Bobcat10 said:
Hopefully most people pick Doug Martin. :hophead:
Insightful stuff here. I've been noticing this the past few weeks. You rolling at a 95% clip right?
Same person who was saying what a bad RB Foster was, IIRC. :yawn:
What's so great about him?4.0 ypc...impressive....if he played on a ####ty team he would have no touchdowns. Houston could just throw in any back in there and get the same numbers if not better.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=623343&st=200&p=14174417&hl=why%20you%20hate%20arian%20foster&fromsearch=1entry14174417

Check out Rotogrinders they break down the sample size of the Thursday games in who people started. Gives you somewhat of an idea of what people may do come Sunday.http://rotogrinders.com/fantasyblogs/Week_10_TNF_GPP_Polling_Results_are_in-83437Lots of people in on:QB: Ryan, Brady, RoethlisbergerRB: Rice, Lynch, Bush, Ridley, MartinWR: Julio, White, VJax, Floyd, Wallace, DeckerTE: Witten, Gronk, Tony GSo in bigger tournies if you want to be unique and maybe pull ahead might be a nice option to hope the Falcons and Patriots have a solid run game with Turner, and Ridley. For WR maybe go against the grain and put up money for AJ Green and Calvin with a guy like E. Sanders as a 3rd option. TE I really like Graham this week and was surprised he wasn't one of the top owned in this sample size.
Whoa those blogs have some good info! Thanks! So much info on Rotogrinders that I know I'm still missing other good spots on there.I've been building these freeroll college teams the past few weeks with little outside help (actually got 19th place last Saturday on Fantasy Feud...I'm going to turn that $1 into $1M), which is actually kinda fun just really time consuming for a freeroll. The blog article here is geared toward Joust but it will help find values on Joust, Fantasy Feud, and DraftKings.There is a good college hoops one for the games tonight on one of those sites too if anyone is interested. Can't recall which site tho...
Rotogrinders also has a 30 minute daily podcast M-F

Rolling with these games this week:

NFL 3 player league (Beginner) - $10

NFL 50/50 League ($10) (Beginner) - $10

NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $50

NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Expert) - $50

NFL 50/50 League ($109) (Expert) - $109

NFL 3 player league (Beginner) - $50

NFL 3 player league (Beginner) - $109

NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Beginner) - $50

NFL 50/50 League ($25) (Beginner) - $25

NFL 50/50 League ($109) (Beginner) - $109

NFL 50/50 League ($50) - $50

NFL 50/50 League ($109) - $109

NFL 50/50 League ($25) - $25

NFL 3 player league - $25

NFL 50/50 League ($10) - $10

NFL 50/50 League ($50) - $50

I like playing the primetime(Sunday night/Mon/Thurs) contests.I tend to always shy away from the Thursday game , loading up on Pittsburgh this week.First week I wasn't happy with any combo of lineups I tried on the primetimes

Ben Roethlisberger

Arian Foster

Matt Forte

Brandon Marshall

Andre Johnson

Emmanuel Sanders

Heath Miller

Shaun Suisham

Pittsburgh Steelers

Users who are viewing this thread