What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Week 16 (1 Viewer)

Is it even possible to do a Saturday only contest on Fanduel without having several thousand dollars left? I've tried numerous combinations and every time I'm left with about $3,000 left in salary.

Is it even possible to do a Saturday only contest on Fanduel without having several thousand dollars left? I've tried numerous combinations and every time I'm left with about $3,000 left in salary.
Code:
QB	Philip Rivers	8000RB	LeSean McCoy	8100RB	Alfred Morris	6500WR	Jeremy Maclin	8000WR	Jordan Matthews	7000WR	DeSean Jackson	6900TE	Antonio Gates	6000K	Phil Dawson	4800D	San Francisco 	4700

Moved my cheap QB lineups off Manziel and Kaep onto Clausen. Got 3 lineups ready to go for Thursday; with a mix of Clausen, Gerhart, Floyd and Randle, it's easy to work in Brown, Nelson, Gronk, Bell, and Seahawks.

ahartig said:
My 2 cents. I think the Jax D this week is a steal at $4700 bottom of the barrel. The Titans are putrid and it might be Whitehurts under center.

I also think CJ Anderson is incredible value when compared to Bell and others

Is Case actually starting this week?
Last i heard HOU plans to be cagey about it. Won't know until as late as they can get away with it i guess.

Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of different lineups this week? Some weeks there's a sure fire pick that everyone has (ex. OBJ last week), but this week there are a wide variety of lineups that look good on paper. Maybe it's just me seeing these weeks in hindsight that have a large own% for some guys, or I'm just failing to see that 1 guy this week. Tre Mason comes to mind as a guy who might be highly owned but he doesn't exactly stand out as a no-brainer.

Am I the only one that likes Royal over Floyd for SD this weekend? I don't like either of them really for Thurs/Sun, I'm talking Thurs/Sat here.

I can't shake the feeling that Maclin and Djax are both $ this week. Terrible pass D's. Djax torched them last time. I know he's banged up but don't see anyone else around $6,900 with as much talent or opportunity this week. Can Djax be trusted in cash games?

I'm usually all-in on $5000 starting QBs, but I'm a little worried about Clausen. Some of you guys going heavy on him sell me if you don't mind.

I'm usually all-in on $5000 starting QBs, but I'm a little worried about Clausen. Some of you guys going heavy on him sell me if you don't mind.
Chicago is one of the better situations for quarterbacks in the league. Very good weapons, a qb friendly coach and scheme, proven successful backups (Mccown last season), at home against a defense that has been vulnerable to qbs over the past few weeks.

$5000 is so cheap too. A qb has to get injured or completely implode not to at least break even given the price.

Only has to get 10 pts to make value in 50/50s and double ups, allowing to spend elsewhere. 10 pts is only 60 yds and a touchdown. Shoot, I went all in on Anderson last week, at least I will get to split it up this week.

Only has to get 10 pts to make value in 50/50s and double ups, allowing to spend elsewhere. 10 pts is only 60 yds and a touchdown. Shoot, I went all in on Anderson last week, at least I will get to split it up this week.
10 points is 150 yards and a TD. Assuming he doesn't turn it over. If we give him 2 picks, he needs 200 and 1. I get the math. I jump on these $5k like a starving dog on a bone. But how many starts do you think Jimmy Clausen has had in which he would have scored 10 points on FD?

The correct answer is 1 out of 11 starts.

In 2010.

Since then he's seen action in only 3 games (all this year).

Edit: And that 1 game w/ 10+ points was less than 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 points is 150 yards and a TD. Assuming he doesn't turn it over. If we give him 2 picks, he needs 200 and 1.I get the math. I jump on these $5k like a starving dog on a bone. But how many starts do you think Jimmy Clausen has had in which he would have scored 10 points on FD?

In 2010.

I managed to cash last week on lineups with Manziel and Sanchez (did better with Anderson but so did everyone). Point being, if Clausen is (a) 5000, and (b) highly owned, there almost is no concept of 'floor'. If he only puts up 5 points and is 40%+ owned (Anderson was around 50% in cash games last week), he won't make or break any lineups - the studs that you can afford because of him will.

10 points is 150 yards and a TD. Assuming he doesn't turn it over. If we give him 2 picks, he needs 200 and 1.I get the math. I jump on these $5k like a starving dog on a bone. But how many starts do you think Jimmy Clausen has had in which he would have scored 10 points on FD?

In 2010.

I managed to cash last week on lineups with Manziel and Sanchez (did better with Anderson but so did everyone). Point being, if Clausen is (a) 5000, and (b) highly owned, there almost is no concept of 'floor'. If he only puts up 5 points and is 40%+ owned (Anderson was around 50% in cash games last week), he won't make or break any lineups - the studs that you can afford because of him will.
But you can't totally ignore the math, which is what happens a lot when talking about "savings" with cheap players. Compare him to Hill @ $6500. Say Hill scores 13 and Clausen scores 5. That $1500 in salary returns 8 points. Is that $1500 in "savings" really going to give you a marginal return that high on some other player? This is probably a better topic for the general strategy thread, but I think Clausen offers a real example of the issue.

In 2010.

But you can't totally ignore the math, which is what happens a lot when talking about "savings" with cheap players. Compare him to Hill @ $6500. Say Hill scores 13 and Clausen scores 5. That $1500 in salary returns 8 points. Is that $1500 in "savings" really going to give you a marginal return that high on some other player? This is probably a better topic for the general strategy thread, but I think Clausen offers a real example of the issue.
That 1500 in savings easily allows you to upgrade from say Mark Ingram to Laveon Bell, or Kelvin Benjamin to Jordy Nelson/Antonio Brown, which could be the difference between a 10-12 point RB/WR and a 20-30 point RB/WR.

Saving money on a cheap QB (or any position) is only value if either (a) it allows you to upgrade to studs AND you hit on those studs, or (b) the cheap QB turns out to be a solid value himself.

Last week, with Anderson, I managed both by having Bell+Dez+ODB. With Sanchez/Manziel, I hit only part a.

In 2010.

That 1500 in savings easily allows you to upgrade from say Mark Ingram to Laveon Bell, or Kelvin Benjamin to Jordy Nelson/Antonio Brown, which could be the difference between a 10-12 point RB/WR and a 20-30 point RB/WR.

Saving money on a cheap QB (or any position) is only value if either (a) it allows you to upgrade to studs AND you hit on those studs, or (b) the cheap QB turns out to be a solid value himself.

Last week, with Anderson, I managed both by having Bell+Dez+ODB. With Sanchez/Manziel, I hit only part a.
But the question is: Is it THAT $1500 that you spend to upgrade? I would argue that it isn't, unless you think that's the least valuable $1500 between the 2 possibilities. If you think that $1500 is really worth 10 points, you're spending that $1500 regardless of whether your QB costs $5000 or $6500. You have to identify the "least valuable" discretionary $1500 and ask if it's worth the "cost" of that $1500 at QB. Obviously this is all based on your projections, which may or may not prove accurate. I mean, if you accept MT's projection on Clausen, then you have to roster him. I'm just saying that the guy was one of the worst QBs to ever start multiple games in the history of the NFL. I'm not buying that he's suddenly going to be pretty decent against a pretty good defense.

And don't think I can't be convinced I'm wrong. Folks convinced me to go w/ Wilson last week in half my cash lineups and I'm glad I was. I was right on my prediction for catches and yards, the group was right on the TD prediction.

EDIT: And for the sake of accuracy, $1500 doesn't move you from Ingram to Leveon. It moves you from Ingram to Charles.

In 2010.

I cashed in a tourney last week with Manziel but that's because I had Bell, Beckham and Dez and their 8 combined TDs. If all of them had normal "good" games instead of each of them going off I doubt I would've done anywhere near as well with Manziel imploding the way he did.

I'm with Tennessee on this one. I can see the appeal of the super cheap QB but it seems real risky to do it with Claussen this week.

I hear you. I've modified my TNF lineups to include 1/3 on Clausen, Manziel, and Brady. $5k QB is too good to pass up for some action but too risky to go all in or even half. May come back to bite me since the matchup is no where near as good as Anderson vs Bucs.

I hear you. I've modified my TNF lineups to include 1/3 on Clausen, Manziel, and Brady. $5k QB is too good to pass up for some action but too risky to go all in or even half. May come back to bite me since the matchup is no where near as good as Anderson vs Bucs.
I am staying away for the Thurs night matchups. I paid up at QB this week and went with Brees, still able to put together a roster I feel pretty good about. I have a feeling there is going to be a bunch of action on the Thurs and Sat games (gut feeling nothing more) so I wanted to go with a safer option. I do have Clausen in a couple tourney lineups though. I will probably roll with him pretty heavy come Sunday.

Are you sayig you're fading the Titans and Jags or not involved in the TNF entries at all (as Dodds indicated on his blog)?

I put together a Sanchez lineup and a Bortles lineup for my Thurs-Mon contests. I like the Bortles lineup better. Not sure what that says about my prognostication.

I'm extremely heavy on RG3 and Sanchez this week (cash and tourney). Sprinkled in clausen,Bortles and a Keemun Thursday tourney lineups just for some variety.

Ended up doing a few 60 man 50/50's with 38-45 actual players in them for thu-sat contests. Was going with a complete fade but couldn't pass those.

Gerhart for 4.3 points in the first half. He's owned by 50% in a 10 team league I'm in and 80% in a 5 team. Paired him with Tre Mason and Sanchez at QB to pack the rest of my lineup with studs. I'm still feeling okay about it, as long as he gets another 40 in the 2nd half. But damm this is really 2 awful teams playing tonight.

JJ, you have no idea. The Titans are my local market team. I just have basic cable at my office and am there most Sunday afternoons. They're usually the only game I have to watch each week. The ineptitude is breathtaking.

Thoughts on Terrance Williams as a cheap option at WR? I know he has been quiet lately, but with Davis figured to be locked up with Bryant and the game potentially being high scoring, his $4500 salary on FD is appealing.

JJ, you have no idea. The Titans are my local market team. I just have basic cable at my office and am there most Sunday afternoons. They're usually the only game I have to watch each week. The ineptitude is breathtaking.
I feel for you my man. I hope there is a Direct Tv Satellite in your future. Should be a requirement for working on a Sunday. :hifive:

My first shot at a sunday GPP

QB- Keenum

RB- Asiata

RB- FJax

WR- Megatron

WR- Cobb

WR- Andre

TE- Gronk

K- Barth

Def- SEA

Not crazy about it right now. Will probably tweak on Sunday

How the heck do you guys pick kickers? I usually leave that for last and just take the most expensive guy I could.

How the heck do you guys pick kickers? I usually leave that for last and just take the most expensive guy I could.
I usually start w/ Matt Bryant then deviate up or down based on my salary demands elsewhere. I like PK on good passing teams that can't run for crap. Bryant is my favorite PK for that reason. He's also usually really affordable.

Just a little short (2.8) of "appropriate" return in my Bortles and Sankey pairing. I hope the savings nets me an appropriate increased return elsewhere.

I usually start w/ Matt Bryant then deviate up or down based on my salary demands elsewhere. I like PK on good passing teams that can't run for crap. Bryant is my favorite PK for that reason. He's also usually really affordable.
I do the same thing, but with kickers on good offenses, or playing in domes. I usually eyeball Bryant, Shayne Graham, Mason Crosby, Vinatieri, and Goskowski, Barth, Santos.... I also use a mix of 2-3-4 kickers. I think Def is worth paying for a premium 5000k+ defense in a good matchup, but kicker is just anyone in the 4700-5k range.

TNF action: 1 lineup with Gerhert (solid), one with DWalker (very soso), and one complete fade.

Entered 5 lineups for the Mon/Thursday slate, just to stay interested, then realized on Monday I had two identical lineups. Both wound up tying for 4th, $420 each. $$$

Entered 5 lineups for the Mon/Thursday slate, just to stay interested, then realized on Monday I had two identical lineups. Both wound up tying for 4th, $420 each. $$$
K and D were the difference for me between $10 and $5K :kicksrock: but that is why we love this game

K and D were the difference for me between $10 and $5K :kicksrock: but that is why we love this game
If you've never heard anyone yell out, "YEAH SUCCOP!", you shoulda been in my house.

Gerhardts last garbage carry cost me about $600, BTW.

I do the same thing, but with kickers on good offenses, or playing in domes. I usually eyeball Bryant, Shayne Graham, Mason Crosby, Vinatieri, and Goskowski, Barth, Santos.... I also use a mix of 2-3-4 kickers. I think Def is worth paying for a premium 5000k+ defense in a good matchup, but kicker is just anyone in the 4700-5k range.TNF action: 1 lineup with Gerhert (solid), one with DWalker (very soso), and one complete fade.
With my new found willingness to go cheap on TEs, I start all of my lineups w/ the cheapest Def I'm willing to roster, Bryant, and the cheapest TE I'm willing to roster. I then massage those 3 w/ the last 1-2 WR/RB slots to finalize things.

Users who are viewing this thread