What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/DraftKings Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Fanduel is being garbage right now. I can't tell if I'm entered in contests I tried to enter or not. My account balance changes every time I refresh and I have entries disappearing from my upcoming list. This is stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't edit any of my teams.

edit - I can now. All I had to do was complain.

edit ahain - Very strange things happening. Want to give them my money but can't figure out what's going on wih my entries, balance, available games. Come on man!

Stafford

Demarco

Robinson

Calvin

Cobb

Quick

Olsen

Gould

Saints

Fading Jordy for Cobb heavily as I expect Detroit to shift coverage to take Jordy away. Loving Olsen to have lots of opportunities against a vulnerable Pitt defense. Betting heavily on Detroit's offense, Stafford has looked great in both games this year and GB's def has been the opposite. Hoping for a big game at home from both. Quick is underpriced imo, especially given a plus matchup against Dallas. Demarco should see a heavy workload again and I expect more production from catches as well. Gould is a cheap option and is highly ranked this week. Saints the same, especially with Peterson not suiting up for Minn. Robinson is a YOLO pick

Couple GPP where I am hoping ownership is lower:

Hoyer

McCoy

Murray

Megatron

Jordy Nelson

Doug Baldwin

Niles Paul

Nate Freese

Cleveland

Brady

Murray

Blue

Megatron

Edelman

Harvin

Cook

Freese

Patriots

Only lineup that did at least decent for me so far was Brees, Murray, Bernard, James Jones, Quick, Tate, Graham, don't remember which kicker, NO D. Buddy talked me out of Colston and Graham in same lineup so that screwed me up slightly going from Colston to James Jones.

My other two lineups had Arod/Jordy and Matt/Calvin stack so yeah same boat.

No diversity due to lack of time. Looks like 3/3 in the 50/50s with decent chance to cash in a tourny also.

Cousins

Bernard

Bradshaw

Ant Brown to play still

Edelman

Nelson

Olsen to play still

Det K

Hou

Blue added to my bad day not because he has terrible but because I used the saving to switch from Garcon to Jordy.

if the Detroit Green Bay game turns into a low scoring stinker, all my entries this week are pretty shot, lol.
And of course it happened. Only my Cousins led entry will cash. I think I have a new strategy. I'll try to start all my upcoming opponents fantasy studs in my fanduel entries, lol.

The Duff Man said:
No diversity due to lack of time. Looks like 3/3 in the 50/50s with decent chance to cash in a tourny also.

Cousins

Bernard

Bradshaw

Ant Brown to play still

Edelman

Nelson

Olsen to play still

Det K

Hou
Great night game! Sitting 6th out of about 500, $150 on $10 entry. Shouldnt get knocked down to less than 9th for $100. Looks like it is mostly Marshall I have to worry about.

jandyt said:
Blue added to my bad day not because he has terrible but because I used the saving to switch from Garcon to Jordy.
No matter how many times I tell myself not to do last minute editing due to having salary, I still do it. I had salary left so I switched out Murray, who I felt real good about, to McCoy in 1/2 of my cash games. Guess how that turned out. :(

Not a great week for me. Also went with a lot of GB vs Det.

I'm surprised how many people still have Cutler left in my 50/50s. Ugh.

The Duff Man said:

Cousins

Bernard

Bradshaw

Ant Brown to play still

Edelman

Nelson

Olsen to play still

Det K

Hou
Great night game! Sitting 6th out of about 500, $150 on $10 entry. Shouldnt get knocked down to less than 9th for $100. Looks like it is mostly Marshall I have to worry about.
Nice work, soldier.

Think I need Gould to manage about 10 points for me to break even for the week. Ugh. Popular picks faceplanting is the only thing saving me from disaster.

Ugh, that's all I can say. Shady killed me. A season of extremes continues.

A big night from Cutler might pull me back from complete disaster, but I'm still going to come out on the losing end.

The studs I paid for in every lineup: Calvin Johnson and Jordy Nelson. Figured it'd be a shootout.

A lot of my profit from last week burned up. Still up though. Will know finally tally by tomorrow obviously. Probably looking at a $350 loss.

All in on Cousins. Just added some Alfred Blue into the mix. Got Calvin Johnson and Jimmy Graham in 90%. My GPPs aren't much different than my cash games this week.
Well Cousins worked out, except that where I used the money was usually upgrading Maclin to Calvin, or Paul to Graham. I will have a good week thanks to a couple of cheap GPPs. Overall it looks like $100 in and ~ $335 out. Could get a little better if Forte has a big night tonight.

Currently sitting 4th in a $2 Thusday Mini-Snap with 2873 entries. Looks like it may hold 4th for $200.

Cousins 23.58
P Thomas 12.6
G Bernard 17.9
J Jones 32.6
J Maclin 25.4
G Tate 7.6
J Graham 8.4
Parkey 15
Cincinatti 12

Total 160.08

Then in a regular $2 NFL snap I have 119.3 + Forte which should draw something. This one looked better until the Carolina D put up a goose egg last night. HOMER!

Looks like a wash on all H2Hs and 50/50s. I do need Gould to get 5 points to get over the top in about 5 H2Hs.

Figured out how to issue my own head-to-head challenges in DraftKings.

You volume veterans may scoff at that but I feel a sense of accomplishment in working that out.

Had one veteran ringer accept along with two beatable guys.

Actually happy about that... the ringer never seems to lose so I'll learn something from the lineup he beats me with. The education alone will be worth the $2.

Juggling separate lineups between my Thursday contests that have Julio & Rainey already locked in and my Sunday contests (where I went Lions-heavy).

Really pleased with my Thursday roster - it's extremely value-focused (nobody with a salary higher than Wilson at $6,800) but still seems to boast all-around home run potential.

Wilson at home, Olsen with the depleted Panther receiving options (likely no Cotchery or Avant), hedging on both Saints RBs (Thomas & Robinson) with the likely blowout against Minnesota, Wallace against a depleted Chiefs secondary, D. Thomas as a contrarian play against the Seahawks (a little leery but can't argue value getting that weapon at $6,600) and the Colts D against the Jags offensive line who can't seem to protect Henne.

May tinker a bit in the morning based on injury news if either Pierce or Vereen are ruled out which would make Forsett and Ridley very attractive.
Managed to resist making last-minute changes to Blue or Forsett, stuck with my lineup and it's looking like my 3rd straight week of profit in dailies.

That Lions-heavy lineup in the Sunday only contests clearly floundered but I only invested $8 as a lark.

I'm seeing a ton of Redskins-heavy lineups in the GPPs I'm in, so that was clearly the lottery ticket that paid off for people.

Presently sitting in 8th out of 85 teams in the one 2K guaranteed $27 buy-in tourney I invested the most in. Will fall to 9th shortly after kickoff and may fall to 10th if Cutler has a 24-point night but it's an $80 payout either way. There's a Cutler-Marshall owner about 55 points behind and a guy with Cutler-Marshall-Bennett and the Bears D some 73 points behind that could theoretically make a run so hoping things don't get too crazy but it'll still be a positive week even if they cost me $40.

Thomas was the player I was the most apprehensive about heading into Sunday and he clearly underperformed but aside from that I feel pretty good about a week of both profit and education.

Would love to see more D and K analysis. This continues to haunt me this year.

Now sitting 9th of 574 in my tourny.

Taking D and K out...I am sitting 2nd :wall:

And it wasnt that others spent more...we are all within a few 100k in terms of what we spent.

I just picked Freese and Hou :(

Houston seemed like a safe pick the way Eli and the Giants had looked before. Didn't expect them to get straight ran over like they did. I used Indy and/or New England in most of mine, but did take Houston too. I think the best you can do is find the weak offenses and find the best value play. Kickers I have no idea...some just score and some just suck, but it seems to vary week by week,

Too much of the GB/Det game and Brees/Graham/Graham from NO like a lot of folks. Luckily I hit on pretty much everything else or it would have been a brutal week. As it is, it is just a bad week.

There's no Week 4 thread for dailies up yet but just a heads up that Donald Brown's price of $5,400 on Draft Kings for next week versus Jacksonville is an absolute steal.

Everyone and their uncle will be running him at that price.

He's priced at RB18 alongside Pierre Thomas. Practically absurd value.

Would love to see more D and K analysis. This continues to haunt me this year.

Now sitting 9th of 574 in my tourny.

Taking D and K out...I am sitting 2nd :wall:

And it wasnt that others spent more...we are all within a few 100k in terms of what we spent.

I just picked Freese and Hou :(
What would you want to see on Defenses/Kickers that isn't already on the site?

The truth is that kicker performance varies dramatically from week to week; that said, I recommended 3 kickers (at different price points) in my Wednesday article last week and they finished with 9, 15, and 10 points, respectively. As you found out, rostering Freese was not the shark move...if you had seen his previous performances, he was 2 for 5 in converting field goals, so this Sunday's performance was not out of nowhere.

With regards to defenses, I recommended the Pats (6 points), Bengals (10 points), Dolphins (11 points), and Panthers (0 points); if you avoided that last landmine, all were better than Houston.

Anyone ever have a lineup issue on Fanduel?

Yesterday I decided to play 1 $109 50/50 for the Mon/Thur games. I set my lineup in the morning.

About 2 hours before kickoff, I decided that I liked Chicago D better than the Washington D I had already set, so I went in on my phone and changed the lineup.

I started watching the game, saw Chicago D score and opened it up on my phone to see how many people owned Chicago, and bam, there is Washington D in my lineup.

I opened a support ticket, but I'm not even sure what they can do. I'm pretty upset about it and if they don't resolve it, I may withdraw my funds and take them to Draftkings. I guess they should assume the risk and refund my money, but if I had Chicago, I'd probably be looking at a win. Either way I am not happy about it right now.

Must of picked the right H2H opponents this week since even though it was a horrid week I managed to split those matches which still is a loss but much better than the rest of my games. Being doing about same number of H2H as 50/50 probably going to shift more to H2H as season stats show I should.

Cashed in on all entries I played this week (4-0 H2H, 25th of 100 50/50, 9th of 250 tournament, 970th of 57471 tournament). Before Antonio Brown's Sunday night I was ready to admit that I didn't have a clue what I was doing. After I was convinced I am a pro.

But I'm still just playing with peanuts. Is FD just baiting me into jumping in with the sharks?

Anyone ever have a lineup issue on Fanduel?

Yesterday I decided to play 1 $109 50/50 for the Mon/Thur games. I set my lineup in the morning.

About 2 hours before kickoff, I decided that I liked Chicago D better than the Washington D I had already set, so I went in on my phone and changed the lineup.

I started watching the game, saw Chicago D score and opened it up on my phone to see how many people owned Chicago, and bam, there is Washington D in my lineup.

I opened a support ticket, but I'm not even sure what they can do. I'm pretty upset about it and if they don't resolve it, I may withdraw my funds and take them to Draftkings. I guess they should assume the risk and refund my money, but if I had Chicago, I'd probably be looking at a win. Either way I am not happy about it right now.
This happened to me.Guy I put in had a huge play so went to check my lineup and he wasn't there. Figured I forgot to hit save but who knows.

Anyone else see incredibly high Calvin Johnson ownership? My 50/50s had him around 60-70% owned.

There's no Week 4 thread for dailies up yet but just a heads up that Donald Brown's price of $5,400 on Draft Kings for next week versus Jacksonville is an absolute steal.

6,300 on FanDuel...still seems like a steal.

They don't have anyone else to hand the ball to anymore in SanDiego, he got like 35 touches or something last week, and the Jags are just awful. :moneybag:

They don't have anyone else to hand the ball to anymore in SanDiego, he got like 35 touches or something last week, and the Jags are just awful. :moneybag:
And yet I still don't trust. Don't trust the player and don't really trust the team's week to week game plan. I'll let others play that game and hope for the best.

Team ROFLCOPTERS said:

And yet I still don't trust. Don't trust the player and don't really trust the team's week to week game plan. I'll let others play that game and hope for the best.
I'm with you, but at the same time it seems like he SHOULD be a great play. Atrocious opponent, he's the only RB option healthy, they should jump out early.

BUT...It's not like Brown is actually, you know, good. And it's not like SD is reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread