What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/DraftKings Week 4 (1 Viewer)

Maurile Tremblay

Administrator
Staff member
I'll start the new thread by announcing a new feature on the interactive value charts.

This is kind of an Easter Egg for now. Let's see if you guys can break it. If not, I'll make it an official feature.

Fill in a partial lineup. Leave up to six blank spots in your lineup. Then click on the green "MT", "DD", "SB", or "AV" over to the right. (For right now, when it's only my projections that are loaded, it says "PTS" rather than "MT".)

It will optimally fill in your remaining lineup spots using the projections that were clicked. (Its suggestions are in blue.)

As of right now, it can be fairly slow when you are filling in more than three spots. It's slower when you're using "All" games instead of just, for example, "4 pm". It's also slower when the flex spots are blank than when the non-flex spots are blank.

Please let me know if you catch it not working right. My plan is to make it a lot faster and then let you fill in up to nine blank spots. I also plan to let you exclude certain players from consideration in case you really hate Jay Cutler, which would be understandable. But this is what I've got for now.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my first ok success last week. Won 26 while spending 16. If I had ran my Nick Foles led lineup across all five I played I probably could have racked up at least 100, but profit is profit.

And nice feature, though seeing a lot of Teddy Bridgewater show up in lineups where I don't pick a quarterback. Wonder if he will be as good as his predictions say.

I'll start the new thread by announcing a new feature on the interactive value charts.

This is kind of an Easter Egg for now. Let's see if you guys can break it. If not, I'll make it an official feature.

Fill in a partial lineup. Leave up to six blank spots in your lineup. Then click on the green "MT", "DD", "SB", or "AV" over to the right. (For right now, when it's only my projections that are loaded, it says "PTS" rather than "MT".)

It will optimally fill in your remaining lineup spots using the projections that were clicked. (Its suggestions are in blue.)

As of right now, it can be fairly slow when you are filling in more than three spots. It's slower when you're using "All" games instead of just, for example, "4 pm". It's also slower when the flex spots are blank than when the non-flex spots are blank.

Please let me know if you catch it not working right. My plan is to make it a lot faster and then let you fill in up to nine blank spots. I also plan to let you exclude certain players from consideration in case you really hate Jay Cutler, which would be understandable. But this is what I've got for now.

Thanks.
worked for me. this is what i've been doing in excel, but limited to 200 variables, which means I likely miss out on some optimal situations. great feature!!

Very nice! I was just starting to fill out lineups and tried this with my top 4 players loaded. It spit out all the players I had in my last entry with the exception of 1 receiver. Guess that means I may be on the right track.

Thanks.
EDIT - I didn't read the entire post before posting.

Working as intended for me. The one bit I think would be great to add is the ability to blacklist certain players from the autofill.

Awesome work, Maurile. Looking forward to testing out the new script when the other projections get added over the next couple days.

Very nice, Maurile! ...because I'm never satisfied, might I request an additional feature? Would it be possible to remove players from the player pool prior to asking it to fill out the remainder of the roster? From a broad perspective, this would be nice because an end-user just might not feel comfortable with a given player, regardless of projections; from a selfish perspective, that feature could come in very handy on another site that I play on (FantasyElite). Bravo, either way!

Not that this could steal Maurile's thunder, but my Vegas Values piece is now live on the site...you can see all the current Vegas odds, team totals, and my early thoughts on positions and team defenses [based entirely on Vegas (for now)].

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=14johnlee_TnP_week4_VegasValue

Thanks.
Awesome, Thank you very much :tebow:

Hey, where did the 3 staffers place in the 50/50 pool?

That game is the only garunteed overlay on the site, lol.

Maurile Tremblay said:

Thanks.
I'm assuming that you're using player salary in your algorithm. How are you importing that from Fanduel if you don't mind my asking? It's been a pain in the butt copy/pasting it into excel, fixing the formatting, and then importing it into a database from there.

Maurile Tremblay said:

Thanks.
I love it! If tinkering with lineups already isn't a blast!

Thanks so much.

So now that bye weeks are here, do you guys find it more challenging or easier to fill out a lineup that looks like a contender? I find it a little easier since I have less "cheaper" options to choose from.

So now that bye weeks are here, do you guys find it more challenging or easier to fill out a lineup that looks like a contender? I find it a little easier since I have less "cheaper" options to choose from.
The less cheap options at WR has looking to spend money there and save elsewhere at least this week.

I'm assuming that you're using player salary in your algorithm. How are you importing that from Fanduel if you don't mind my asking? It's been a pain in the butt copy/pasting it into excel, fixing the formatting, and then importing it into a database from there.
I've been doing it the same way for a couple years, so what I do is copy and paste it into excel, fix the formatting (via a macro), and then import it into a database from there. :)

There's a better format here, though, which I think is somewhat new: https://www.fanduel.com/api/grindersplayerprices?date=2014-09-25

(The date query should be set to the Thursday of each week.)

After an initial glance, I nothing stuck out at me at RB/WR/QB. Weeks 1 and 3, I thought there were great plays and did terrible. Week 2 was a struggle filling a lineup and I killed it. Lets hope the early week 4 struggle means a week 2 repeat.

John Lee said:
Very nice, Maurile! ...because I'm never satisfied, might I request an additional feature? Would it be possible to remove players from the player pool prior to asking it to fill out the remainder of the roster? From a broad perspective, this would be nice because an end-user just might not feel comfortable with a given player, regardless of projections; from a selfish perspective, that feature could come in very handy on another site that I play on (FantasyElite).
Being able to exclude players is in the plans. Maybe by next week, but I'm not sure.

I'm also open to adding new sites. I hesitate to add more sites to On The Daily because it'll just take that much longer to run. But adding interactive value charts for more sites is no problem. I'll put FantasyElite on the list, along with StatClash.

Seems like we'll see alot of Donald Brown/Eddie Lacy combos at RB this week. Lacy's value seems too good to pass up.

A quick glance for me revealed:

- Lamar Miller (vs Raiders), Ahmad Bradshaw (vs Titans), Donald Brown (vs Jaguars) and DeAngelo Williams (vs Ravens) as value plays at RB

- Kelvin Benjamin (vs Ravens) continuing to be a value play at WR

- Calvin Johnson (vs Jets) and Jimmy Graham (vs Cowboys) look like the premium priced players most worth paying for, with Eddie Lacy (vs Bears) receiving honorable mention

- A plethora of higher priced QB's with nice mathcups, meaning the play might be to take the cheapest of that group and upgrade elswhere

D Williams health is always scary but if he plays this week his value appears almost too good to pass.

(HULK) said:
Hey, where did the 3 staffers place in the 50/50 pool?

That game is the only garunteed overlay on the site, lol.
What is the 50/50 games? I didn't see anything on Fan Duels explaining it.

anybody else not seeing their FBG contest tickets yet from this week? i won 3 in week 3, but I'm still only showing the 1 i won in week 2.

anybody else not seeing their FBG contest tickets yet from this week? i won 3 in week 3, but I'm still only showing the 1 i won in week 2.
Mine aren't showing this week yet either. I have one ticket from week one but I can't remember when it was issued... I'm not too worried thought because it's still early in the week.

Seems like we'll see alot of Donald Brown/Eddie Lacy combos at RB this week. Lacy's value seems too good to pass up.
Especially against the Bears. They were both in my initial lineup I drew up this morning.

Lacy in 2 games against Chicago last season = 231 combined yards and 2 TDs over a combined 45 touches. And that was with Starks getting 18 touches at a productive clip of 7.5 yards/carry so it's not like Lacy can't do that again in a timeshare where he's not looking too hot.

Liquid said:
Had my first ok success last week. Won 26 while spending 16. If I had ran my Nick Foles led lineup across all five I played I probably could have racked up at least 100, but profit is profit.

And nice feature, though seeing a lot of Teddy Bridgewater show up in lineups where I don't pick a quarterback. Wonder if he will be as good as his predictions say.
Teddy, Rhett and Asiata all over the place.

I really like Romo (6700) this week pairing with Dez trying to keep up with Brees in a shoot-out reminiscent of his performance vs the broncos last year...forte vs pack, Hyde vs eagles, j graham, and then flex Vernon at only 4,500?!?!

Maurile Tremblay said:

Thanks.
Thanks! This is a great tool!

Maurile Tremblay said:
I also plan to let you exclude certain players from consideration in case you really hate Jay Cutler, which would be understandable.
I've got the Jay Cutler thing working. Click the green o to exclude a player from consideration, and then the red x to reverse it.

Now that I look at this, I think it might look better with the o/x column to the left of the players' names instead of to the right? I wanted some distance between them so that it'd be harder to fat-finger it on a tablet...

I'll put FantasyElite on the list, along with StatClash.
Neither of these are showing any NFL games right now. Do they put them up later in the week, or do they not have NFL yet?
Can't speak for StatClash (don't play there), but FantasyElite will be up soon...their pricing is pretty tight & the format (salary-based snake drafting) necessitates something like this--thanks!

Rivers vs Jax and Graham vs Dal are my two must haves. Am I the only one who takes the lowest priced K and D with a slightly favorable matchup? It's hard to spend much more than $4500 on either.

Not sure if this makes things easier for you, but I have the FanDuel player prices on my website, they'll update weekly. Right now there's nothing else up there for FanDuel as I've spent the beginning of this season doing a bunch of work for the FBG Subscriber Contest but I plan to add more features as the season progresses.

If there's something you (or anyone else) would like to see please let me know. I still have a list of things I want to add for the FBG35k Contest but I'm planning to start rolling out some daily fantasy stuff in the near future as well, so suggestions are greatly appreciated.

What are everyone's thoughts on Steve Smith this week. IMO at $6100, been putting up decent numbers and especially going against the team that cut him, I think he is going to be fired up this week and is in line for a huge game. I will be playing him as much as possible.

Out of curiosity, I went back and tallied up what the optimal lineup based on FBG projections would have scored each week (taken from Maurile's 'On the Daily' article).

Week 1 (Shaun Hill week)

Dodds - 70.55

Average of all Staff - 96.15

Week 2

Dodds - 115.8

Average - 125.65

Week 3

Dodds - 102.7

Average - 102.6

For weeks 1 and 2 I tallied up the scoring totals myself since I didn't feel like going on FanDuel and finding those players' scores, so there may be some small nuances in what I tallied vs. FD's scoring system. Week 3 the totals are taken from FanDuel.

What are everyone's thoughts on Steve Smith this week. IMO at $6100, been putting up decent numbers and especially going against the team that cut him, I think he is going to be fired up this week and is in line for a huge game. I will be playing him as much as possible.
I like Smith a lot, especially in cash games. Dude is 4th in targets this season, behind only Julio, Calvin and Jordy. If you convert that to Targets/Salary, he's first and it's not that close. In pts/salary, he's sitting at 1.91 (good for 6th among WRs), which is pretty close to that 2 number you want to hit for cash games to get to the target of 120. The only caveat is that this is through only 3 games, so sample size is an issue.

Did Bridgewater look good against the Saints? Or is his ranking just based on the likelihood of a blowout so he will be throwing quite a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread