What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel/DraftKings Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Would anyone who played in regular double-ups (e.g. single-entry) be willing to share some of the data to compare the multi-entry vs. single entry?
Try this please: http://o.ffense.com/fanduel/b2.php

I threw it together quickly so I'm not 100% sure it works but give it a shot. You'll have to do it quickly, because it pulls from the live entries data, so as soon as they get archived to your history (which should've happened by now, I think) it won't work (I'll work on a more permanent solution later).

This should create a table of all your contests, with the number of entries, entry fee, and the min score needed to cash.

Edit: Anyone who tries this, please feel free to share your results. I'll post mine in a minute.
This works great, but how do I close it once it opens?
In my haste to get it running I didn't add that. Just refresh the page and it should go away.

Tennessee_ATO said:
John Lee said:
Survey on the main FD page goes through a bunch of questions and then what they are really looking for: Remove Kickers?...And taking the next step in allowing lineup changes all the way up to kickoff of any game (ala DraftKings). Figured that the latter was coming.
I'm curious about why everyone is gung-ho to be allowed to change players at the last minute. For me that will be a huge turn-off if it happens. I like the fact that I have a chance to roll the dice a bit on injury situations. Take this week's Thursday games. I ran Hill out quite a bit knowing he was a risk. It paid off. If everyone could just wait til Sunday morning to decide on him, there is no edge to being prepared. It just seems like it's dumbing it down for the masses.It also strongly favors folks who have wide-open Sundays to worry about last minute roster changes. I'm up to about 15 different rosters now, all of which I develop over time during the week. I have neither the time nor inclination to be worrying about changes to all of them because the weather changes or someone tweaks a hammie in warm ups.

If FD goes that route I'll probably move on.
I wouldn't worry too much about FD switching to a roster-swap format. I've spoken with Nigel (CEO of FanDuel) and he is not the type of person to switch away from a model that works. Personally, I think it's nice to have options...if you like late-swap, you can play on DK; if you don't, FD is your option.

Kickers, on the other hand, are still up in the air. Again, when I spoke with Nigel on the subject, he said that they have kept it thus far because the masses want it (via these surveys) and expect it as part of fantasy football (because their season-long leagues have it).

Overall, I wouldn't expect too many changes from FD...they're killing it and you don't change directions when you're winning the race.
Good. On the academic side, I would be interested to know your take on allowing late changes. Do you think it reduces the edge for the analytic player?
I would argue that there is very little reduction in edge for a sharp player on late-swap sites. Why? Several reasons:

1) The sharp player will always benefit more than the uninformed player when late-breaking news happens because the sharp player will make the necessary changes 100% of the time; the uninformed player will miss that news because he is lazy, working, spending time with family, etc.

2) The sharp player always rosters his player with the latest start in the flex position to enable a personnel switch, if it becomes necessary after a late-breaking injury, illness, or other calamity that prevents your rostered player from starting. For example, if you had rostered Rueben Randle in your flex position on DK last night and he hypothetically got injured in pregame warmups, you could have pivoted immediately to Beckham without missing a beat...but an 'average' DFS gamer would not have the foresight to be that purposeful when constructing his lineup. Without late-swap, you're both stuck with Rueben. Advantage Footballguy.

3) Another advantage is being able to switch from a player when you are in position to win a GPP, but immediately behind a person with the same player...allowing you to try to win the tournament by taking a different player. In week 16 last year, Al_Smizzle was 4 points behind the bundafever entering Monday Night Football for a $1 million GPP; both guys had rostered Frank Gore for Monday night (it was easy to know based on remaining salary), but Al had Gore in his 'flex' spot, whereas bundafever had Gore in his RB slot. Smizzle decided to pivot away from Gore, knowing that he could not catch bundafever if they both had the same guy; he switched to Michael Crabtree in his flex spot prior to kickoff and the race was on. Smizzle took the in the second half, but Gore eventually got a last-minute garbage time TD to put bundafever ahead for good. ...without late-swap, Al would have never had the chance to win the million, though.

My personal opinion is that I like the ability to have both late-swap and locked rosters. If I know I can't be beside my computer for late-breaking news, I like playing on FanDuel because my opponent can't capitalize on my inability to switch out players last-minute...but if I can stay 'connected' to the world, DraftKings gives me, the sharper player, an edge because most opponents aren't going to be as plugged in as I will be most of the time. JMO.

Must plays looking harder to spot on fd this week. I'm having trouble making a roster that only includes guys I trust to not put up an 0-fer.

For the season, I'm not really seeing the ROI I want:

FD - up 65% total

DK - up 36% total

seems like other here are replicating that weekly. I had some struggles early in the season (lost over half my bankroll on FD in weeks 2 and 3) before coming back into the positive.

Trying to crank up the returns by concentrating only on Doubles, avoiding 50/50s, with some triples, 3 and 5 player leagues, and smaller tourneys mixed in. Also think I may be over-diversifying.

I've almost doubled up the last 2 weeks. I don't have how much I've wagered each week without doing some research but here's how my balance has gone this year(balance at beginning of week).

WK 1 $119.00

WK 2 $125.00

WK 3 $102.00

WK 4 $211.90

WK 5 $214.50

WK 6 $157.14

WK 7 $196.40

WK 8 $215.90

WK 9 $398.30

WK 10 $631.70

When my balance was in $100 range I basically put everything in play. Now I'm putting about $250 a week in play. Last 2 weeks were very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've almost doubled up the last 2 weeks. I don't have how much I've wagered each week without doing some research but here's how my balance has gone this year(balance at beginning of week).

WK 1 $119.00

WK 2 $125.00

WK 3 $102.00

WK 4 $211.90

WK 5 $214.50

WK 6 $157.14

WK 7 $196.40

WK 8 $215.90

WK 9 $398.30

WK 10 $631.70

When my balance was in $100 range I basically put everything in play. Now I'm putting about $250 a week in play. Last 2 weeks were very nice.
What game types are you favoring, and how many lineups do you use generally?

Just did an entry this week where I would've gotten first had I taken Kelce instead of Jordan Reed like I had before I submitted the lineup. Oh well.

Last two weeks I have done two $1 and two $2 and have taken home $38.50. I like it.

Tennessee_ATO said:
John Lee said:
Survey on the main FD page goes through a bunch of questions and then what they are really looking for: Remove Kickers?...And taking the next step in allowing lineup changes all the way up to kickoff of any game (ala DraftKings). Figured that the latter was coming.
I'm curious about why everyone is gung-ho to be allowed to change players at the last minute. For me that will be a huge turn-off if it happens. I like the fact that I have a chance to roll the dice a bit on injury situations. Take this week's Thursday games. I ran Hill out quite a bit knowing he was a risk. It paid off. If everyone could just wait til Sunday morning to decide on him, there is no edge to being prepared. It just seems like it's dumbing it down for the masses.It also strongly favors folks who have wide-open Sundays to worry about last minute roster changes. I'm up to about 15 different rosters now, all of which I develop over time during the week. I have neither the time nor inclination to be worrying about changes to all of them because the weather changes or someone tweaks a hammie in warm ups.

If FD goes that route I'll probably move on.
I wouldn't worry too much about FD switching to a roster-swap format. I've spoken with Nigel (CEO of FanDuel) and he is not the type of person to switch away from a model that works. Personally, I think it's nice to have options...if you like late-swap, you can play on DK; if you don't, FD is your option.

Kickers, on the other hand, are still up in the air. Again, when I spoke with Nigel on the subject, he said that they have kept it thus far because the masses want it (via these surveys) and expect it as part of fantasy football (because their season-long leagues have it).

Overall, I wouldn't expect too many changes from FD...they're killing it and you don't change directions when you're winning the race.
Good. On the academic side, I would be interested to know your take on allowing late changes. Do you think it reduces the edge for the analytic player?
I would argue that there is very little reduction in edge for a sharp player on late-swap sites. Why? Several reasons:

1) The sharp player will always benefit more than the uninformed player when late-breaking news happens because the sharp player will make the necessary changes 100% of the time; the uninformed player will miss that news because he is lazy, working, spending time with family, etc.

2) The sharp player always rosters his player with the latest start in the flex position to enable a personnel switch, if it becomes necessary after a late-breaking injury, illness, or other calamity that prevents your rostered player from starting. For example, if you had rostered Rueben Randle in your flex position on DK last night and he hypothetically got injured in pregame warmups, you could have pivoted immediately to Beckham without missing a beat...but an 'average' DFS gamer would not have the foresight to be that purposeful when constructing his lineup. Without late-swap, you're both stuck with Rueben. Advantage Footballguy.

3) Another advantage is being able to switch from a player when you are in position to win a GPP, but immediately behind a person with the same player...allowing you to try to win the tournament by taking a different player. In week 16 last year, Al_Smizzle was 4 points behind the bundafever entering Monday Night Football for a $1 million GPP; both guys had rostered Frank Gore for Monday night (it was easy to know based on remaining salary), but Al had Gore in his 'flex' spot, whereas bundafever had Gore in his RB slot. Smizzle decided to pivot away from Gore, knowing that he could not catch bundafever if they both had the same guy; he switched to Michael Crabtree in his flex spot prior to kickoff and the race was on. Smizzle took the in the second half, but Gore eventually got a last-minute garbage time TD to put bundafever ahead for good. ...without late-swap, Al would have never had the chance to win the million, though.

My personal opinion is that I like the ability to have both late-swap and locked rosters. If I know I can't be beside my computer for late-breaking news, I like playing on FanDuel because my opponent can't capitalize on my inability to switch out players last-minute...but if I can stay 'connected' to the world, DraftKings gives me, the sharper player, an edge because most opponents aren't going to be as plugged in as I will be most of the time. JMO.
I agree that the late switch would offer an opportunity to survey and switch (I had a H2H in which the late Sunday games and Monday night saw me adversary and I w/ the same players [salary being the tell], I was behind). My issue is the fact that I think I'm a "sharp" (at least less square than most) but I don't have unlimited time on Sunday. I don't think time = skill.

I've found it easier to cash in Thursday GPPs because of many poor roster choices by the masses -- choices that could be corrected if late swaps were allowed. That's the dynamic I hate to see go by the wayside.

My brother has embraced the GPPs and is killing it. He has as many as 45 GPPs in play each week, and is cashing in enough of them to be consistently pulling a 50-70% return, and that's w/o a big lick in one yet. He's totally punted cash games now. Anyone else doing that?

My brother has embraced the GPPs and is killing it. He has as many as 45 GPPs in play each week, and is cashing in enough of them to be consistently pulling a 50-70% return, and that's w/o a big lick in one yet. He's totally punted cash games now. Anyone else doing that?
yes

Cash games = BOE-RING

WK 1 $119.00

WK 2 $125.00

WK 3 $102.00

WK 4 $211.90

WK 5 $214.50

WK 6 $157.14

WK 7 $196.40

WK 8 $215.90

WK 9 $398.30

WK 10 $631.70

What game types are you favoring, and how many lineups do you use generally?
I been putting out about 60-100 entries a week with the majority being $2-$5 H2Hs, 50/50s, double up and triple ups. I'll also enter some 3-5 player leagues when I can find them with inexperienced opponents. I put 3 $11 FBG entries in each week, and I get in a $10 17 player league with Jetsnutz from here.

My normal routine is to settle on a lineup I like on thursday and put out 3 $2 H2Hs and 3 $5 H2Hs. I'll enter this in one GPP for $1 or $2. After Thursday I continue doing this until Sunday and usally end up with about 10 different lineups total including 1 pm only and Sunday only. Each gets one entry in a GPP. I will also throw out a couple of GPP lineups out that I don't like for cash games. Those usually tank. I started this week entering the $25 Sunday 3 Million dollar contest. Cashed out $100 from that this week.

I wish I had that going on in GPP. Yeah, I almost mainly do GPP cause the rest is boring to me. I wanna hit it big. But so far I've mostly been Up, Down, Up, Down....Hopefully this is the week I go back Up, maybe Way Up

I wish I had that going on in GPP. Yeah, I almost mainly do GPP cause the rest is boring to me. I wanna hit it big. But so far I've mostly been Up, Down, Up, Down....Hopefully this is the week I go back Up, maybe Way Up
I've been a train wreck in GPPs until the last 2 weeks. I hope this new trend continues.

Are u heavy gpp players spending more cash on contests that start on thurs or sun? Regardless, it would seem better to sign up early and often during the week based on the last page here.

I actually cashed my lone gpp again this week. Was in the 500s (out of 35,000) going into MNF for $6 winnings but slid to 1400s and cashed $3 for my $1 ticket. Had a dud TE (Ertz) when I could have had Kelce like most of my lineups. My QB was Foles too...I'd say I was real close to a nice cash there.

Bobcat10 said:
Are u heavy gpp players spending more cash on contests that start on thurs or sun? Regardless, it would seem better to sign up early and often during the week based on the last page here.

I actually cashed my lone gpp again this week. Was in the 500s (out of 35,000) going into MNF for $6 winnings but slid to 1400s and cashed $3 for my $1 ticket. Had a dud TE (Ertz) when I could have had Kelce like most of my lineups. My QB was Foles too...I'd say I was real close to a nice cash there.
I don't know if I am a "heavy" GPP player. I only play GPPs but I only have ~5 going each week. With FanDuel I only play Thursday if I want a player on Thursday night since your roster gets locked.

Been doing fanduel for two weeks now. Still about even after only deposting $25. Going for broke this week, in all tourney style games with larger payouts.

My lineups revolve around Sanchez, Hill, Brown, ODB, and Donnel as follows, I think they're pretty solid:

Sanchez

Hill

Hilman

A. Brown

J. Nelson

ODB

Donnel

Cundiff

Lions

Sanchez

Hill

Denard

A. Brown

Maclin

ODB

Donnel

Santos

Cowboys

Haven't seen a Week 10 FD/DK thread started yet by MT so are we just going with "add onto week 9 thread" :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread