What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel/DraftKings Week 9 (1 Viewer)

I've been 100% DraftKings the last month or so. My first year playing DFS, but with the full point ppr, flex instead of kicker, and the DK app, I don't see me changing anytime soon.

needed to switch my 50/50 and tournament lineups on draftings this week. currently sitting right around 1000th in the millionaire maker, but my 50/50 lineup would be well inside the top 100 with steve smith still going. :wall:

tannehill, hill, lynch, eddleman, charles, j. thomas, seahawks and maclin...

Yep...the FD iphone app is solid compared to the web. I've complained here and with them multiple times about how I can't stand that the web version doesn't show which matchups are 1pm, primetime, etc on the Live page. Finally that is taken care of in the app this year.

Prince Myshkin said:
needed to switch my 50/50 and tournament lineups on draftings this week. currently sitting right around 1000th in the millionaire maker, but my 50/50 lineup would be well inside the top 100 with steve smith still going. :wall:

tannehill, hill, lynch, eddleman, charles, j. thomas, seahawks and maclin...
I always do enough 50/50s that they will cover my tournaments, but I always make sure that my 2 50/50 lineups are in the same tournaments. Nothing worse then scoring 190+ points for 9 or 18 dollars when they would be winning 500 + in a tournament.

DK is changing their millionaire tournament to be a $40 buy-in next week. They had about a $200k overlay today, I'm thinking the increased buy-in is going to be less popular but it will be interesting to see how it fills. It has the same terrible top-heavy payout system.

DK is changing their millionaire tournament to be a $40 buy-in next week. They had about a $200k overlay today, I'm thinking the increased buy-in is going to be less popular but it will be interesting to see how it fills. It has the same terrible top-heavy payout system.
The payouts have been changed also, I love it.

The payouts have been changed also, I love it.
They have been changed a little to account for the increase buy-in, but I' not sure how you think they are better (unless you just prefer extremely top-heavy payouts which is fair, I prefer the flatter payouts similar to Fanduel's Sunday Million). For a $40 buy-in they are allowing 71,500 entries. The min-cash for places 5001-14000 is only $60, place 2000-5000 is $65 and it only gradually goes up from there. I think a min-cash should at least double your buy-in. I prefer fanduel's payout system much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good chance to cash out in my $5 double up.. Need to finish top 1000, Currently 881 and still have Larry Donnel and TY Hilton left. :popcorn:

Should cash out in the FBG.. Currently 90th with TY Hilton left.. But would need 40 points from him to get a ticket since Sigmund went nuts again..

Probably not going to money in the $2 GPP unless Ruben Randle goes off enough to jump me about 10,000 spots :lmao:

All in all.. Bet $17 and have a good chance for $30..

So, as I mentioned before that it is all about perspective, when playing with a small bank roll almost doubling up is a good weekend :)

Had an okay lineup my first weekend on DraftKings.

Hill, Lynch, Harvin, Antonio B.

The Weeden/Dez stack was a buzz kill though.

Looks like I might place in tourney and win a few bucks which ain't bad since I used a free ticket to get in it.

Can't believe I woke up today to find out Big Ben threw another 6 TD's. Crazy!

Had the potential to do real well on the Fanduel 500k one. Before the Steelers game last night, I was about 30 pts behind 1st with Hilton still to go tonight. But Big Ben and his 6 TDs torpedoed that chance..lol Still can get some nice coin though if Hilton does the normal Hilton things tonight.

Good chance to cash out in my $5 double up.. Need to finish top 1000, Currently 881 and still have Larry Donnel and TY Hilton left. :popcorn:

Should cash out in the FBG.. Currently 90th with TY Hilton left.. But would need 40 points from him to get a ticket since Sigmund went nuts again..

Probably not going to money in the $2 GPP unless Ruben Randle goes off enough to jump me about 10,000 spots :lmao:

So, as I mentioned before that it is all about perspective, when playing with a small bank roll almost doubling up is a good weekend :)
I have a pretty good shot at a 50% ROI this weekend which I will take ANY DAY!

:thumbup:

Kind of a weird week for me. My current best payout (9th in Sunday Spike) is done and will have to hold on against the flood of high scores from behind tonight. On the other hand I have so many lineups w/ Hilton, Randle, and Donnell that I could earn a fair amount from them.

An intriguing contest I have in play is the Thursday Night Snap #2. Currently 13,707th w/ 99.9. But I loaded-up on Giants with Eli, Randle, Donnell, and Hilton. Feels like that could just as easily top 200 as fail to get to 150.

Pretty good week this week. Heavy on Ingram, Hill, Brady, Luck, Hilton, Brown, Sanu, Hopkins, Gronk, and Graham. Cheap runningbacks really helped me out this week.

:thumbup:
If I hadn't gone away from Peyton (to Wilson :topcat: ) it would have been SIGNIFICANTLY better.

The Hill, Hopkins, Foster combo is bearing some fruit, but man alive I'm facing some stiff competition this week. The Kaep fumble at the end hurt me.

Looks like my main team will score well into the 130s (122 w/ TY left to go), yet I'll likely only win 4 of 16 H2H matchups. Huh?! It's not supposed to work that way. The good thing is the Quintuple ups will all pay.

Secondary squad sitting at 104 with Luck and TY left to go. Should cash in here as well.

Have a chance to cash in 3 of 5 Million Dollar Tourney Entries and possibly both Mon-Sun Primetime games.

Most of my picks that I had in multiple lineups worked out - Maclin, Shady, Hill, Vereen, Hillman, Gronk

A few that didn't - Andre Johnson (hedged with him in one and DeAndre in another), Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, Julius Thomas

Jeremy Hill really saved the day though. Had him in 4 out of 5 lineups, would've been screwed if he didn't come back in the game and kill it.

If DK goes up to $40 I'm out.
It's already done, unfortunately. It's up to $40 and instead of paying 15,500 are paying 14,000 I think. Payouts start at $60 now though.

I'm still gonna play but certainly won't be doing as many entries every week.

Nice, I don't know what a good ROI is when one only enters GPPs... but after tonight I will likely have tripled or quadrupled my initial buy-in this year doing nothing but GPPs. I have little interest grinding out 50/50s or H2H (and the one week I tried a handful half my lineups had players knocked out in the 1st quarter). First year doing this and I put in an initial deposit of $350 and should be sitting on $1100-$1200 with mediocre games from my remaining players tonight.

When will the interactive value chart for M-Th be up?
Do they have their projections done for Thurs on Monday afternoon?

What is the Gio/Hill play...avoid or play Hill? Nobody should be playing Gio and it sounds like he will miss the game anyways. But this is a big division game so that could just be posturing on the Cincy side.

When will the interactive value chart for M-Th be up?
Do they have their projections done for Thurs on Monday afternoon?

What is the Gio/Hill play...avoid or play Hill? Nobody should be playing Gio and it sounds like he will miss the game anyways. But this is a big division game so that could just be posturing on the Cincy side.
I'm playing Hill. I figure everyone will.

Nice, I don't know what a good ROI is when one only enters GPPs... but after tonight I will likely have tripled or quadrupled my initial buy-in this year doing nothing but GPPs. I have little interest grinding out 50/50s or H2H (and the one week I tried a handful half my lineups had players knocked out in the 1st quarter). First year doing this and I put in an initial deposit of $350 and should be sitting on $1100-$1200 with mediocre games from my remaining players tonight.
Interesting. I only play 3-5 man leagues and H2H cash games. Started the NFL season with $188 and hope to finish up this week with a bankroll of around $850. I'll likely stick with what's working for me.

I very rarely, if ever play GPPs. But I actually played 2-$1 tourneys this past weekend for S&Gs and look to bag $23 :thumbup:

Nice return :thumbup:

To tell the truth I haven't deposited a dime yet.. Didn't even remember having an account out there until I saw the weekly email with a link and figured I'd go out and look around.. found that I had $10 there from 2012... Who knew?? :shrug:

So Tossed together an entry for a $10 GPP as it was "free money" and low and behold won $80 ..

Since then have been up and down but after this week "should" be back above $50..

Had the potential to do real well on the Fanduel 500k one. Before the Steelers game last night, I was about 30 pts behind 1st with Hilton still to go tonight. But Big Ben and his 6 TDs torpedoed that chance..lol Still can get some nice coin though if Hilton does the normal Hilton things tonight.
Big Ben did the same to me last week when I started Brady, LaFell, Gronk, Fitz, and Maclin. Then Big Ben and Antonio Brown killed any hope I had of getting rich.

DK just raised their Million Dollar Maker from $27 to $40!!! That contest was too top heavy anyway! It looks like I'm playing FanDuel only when it comes to the bigger prize money GPP's.

Can I ask why you guys play GPP games instead of just the 50/50s? Maybe it's me being more risk adverse, but cashing in the 50/50s is pretty easy overall and you can enter as many times as you'd like if the stakes don't meet your needs. It just seems like one game is playing poker (50/50s) and the other is buying a lottery ticket (GPP).

Can I ask why you guys play GPP games instead of just the 50/50s? Maybe it's me being more risk adverse, but cashing in the 50/50s is pretty easy overall and you can enter as many times as you'd like if the stakes don't meet your needs. It just seems like one game is playing poker (50/50s) and the other is buying a lottery ticket (GPP).
People wanna hit the big one. It's fun and still much better odds than you'll ever get on any lottery ticket.

I usually shop for the GPPs that pay close to the top 20%. You don't have to finish top 10 to win money. That said, I've been atrocious in them until the last 2 weeks. I grind in the cash games (H2H, 50/50, Double-up, Triple-up) with about 85% of my weekly "investment". I go Quintuple up and big GPPs with 15%. Good mix for me.

My probable lineups for Mon-Thu:

QB Andrew Luck 10100

RB Ahmad Bradshaw 7500

RB Jeremy Hill 5200

WR T.Y. Hilton 8100

WR Mohamed Sanu 7200

WR Rueben Randle 6400

TE Larry Donnell 5400

K Adam Vinatieri 5100

D Cleveland Browns 4800 59800

QB Eli Manning 7600

RB Ahmad Bradshaw 7500

RB Jeremy Hill 5200

WR A.J. Green 8400

WR T.Y. Hilton 8100

WR Rueben Randle 6400

TE Dwayne Allen 6200

K Josh Brown 5000

D Cincinnati Bengals 5600 60000

Prices aren't high enough on the M/TH honestly. All the lineups will be similar for the most part.

Luck

Bradshaw

Hill

AJ green

Ty Hilton

Moncrief

Gresham

Cundiff

Browns

I tried 50/50s and got bored. Yeah, I could enter 200 of them, go 105 - 95 and lose 6 dollars. No thanks.

Note: I'm sure the math doesn't work there, but you get the idea.

I like the GPPs because I like diversifying and entering a lot of different lineups. (That's something I just started a few weeks ago. Before that, I was entering just 1-2 lineups per site, so about 20 lineups total. But now I'm entering around 20 lineups at each of my four main sites, and although it's time consuming, I think it's more fun and so far it's been more profitable and actually feels safer.)

I enter a bunch of 50/50s as well, but by the time I get to my tenth lineup, if I'm trying not to enter the same few players in every one, I find that I'm sacrificing too many expected points for my taste in a 50/50.

With tournaments, I don't feel nearly as bad about sacrificing expected points to increase the diversity of players I'm using because I'm not trying to win every contest I enter; I'm just trying to hit really big with a few lineups, and the diversity improves my chances of that.

Prices aren't high enough on the M/TH honestly. All the lineups will be similar for the most part.
Yes, at some sites it feels like you can't spend the entire salary cap if you tried. Just enter all the best players regardless of price, and you're still under the cap.

Looking at some entries from this past week, and granted there is still MNF to go, but I'm not seeing much distinction between 50/50 and Double Ups in terms of score required to be in the money. I played in several Doubles (at $10, $5, and $2) and 50/50s (at $5, $2, and $1). All were general Sunday-Monday games.

50/50 required scores to cash: 107, 111, 106, 111, 110, 113, 112, 111 (average = 110).

Double Up required scores to cash: 112 ($10), 108 ($5), 108 ($2). Average = 109)

Perhaps the Doubles, due to really large fields (these are the multi-entries) have more lineups with MNF players still to go, whereas the 100 entry 50/50s could be closer to "done". That's just a guess and unlikely to be significant. It could also have to do with the multi-entry format (more sub-optimal lineups in possible in theory if people plug in multiply, unique lineups).

In any case this makes me feel like strongly avoiding the 50/50s and focusing on Doubles because they aren't any harder, and pay 10% more. And the 50/50s don't offer the safety that H2Hs do.

I like the GPPs because I like diversifying and entering a lot of different lineups. (That's something I just started a few weeks ago. Before that, I was entering just 1-2 lineups per site, so about 20 lineups total. But now I'm entering around 20 lineups at each of my four main sites, and although it's time consuming, I think it's more fun and so far it's been more profitable and actually feels safer.)

I enter a bunch of 50/50s as well, but by the time I get to my tenth lineup, if I'm trying not to enter the same few players in every one, I find that I'm sacrificing too many expected points for my taste in a 50/50.

With tournaments, I don't feel nearly as bad about sacrificing expected points to increase the diversity of players I'm using because I'm not trying to win every contest I enter; I'm just trying to hit really big with a few lineups, and the diversity improves my chances of that.
Pretty much exactly how I feel. H2H and 50/50s felt like work to me when I am entering in multiple lineups... GPPs are more fun, so far have been profitable, and have a chance to hit it big. I focus on 4-6 lineups on FD (haven't tried the other sites).

I know this a football site - but has anyone tried NBA GPPs with much success? I haven't followed the NBA since Jordan retired for the 2nd time (other than rooting against the Lakers). I tried a couple small dollar GPPs and was on the bubble for cashing (and would've if not for a Westbrook in game injury) despite not caring about or following the sport for 15+ years. In theory, it seems that player points would be more predictable and therefore it is easier to cash in the NBA GPPs compared to the NFL. There is also the added benefit of having a contest pretty much every day of the season.

Looking at some entries from this past week, and granted there is still MNF to go, but I'm not seeing much distinction between 50/50 and Double Ups in terms of score required to be in the money. I played in several Doubles (at $10, $5, and $2) and 50/50s (at $5, $2, and $1). All were general Sunday-Monday games.

50/50 required scores to cash: 107, 111, 106, 111, 110, 113, 112, 111 (average = 110).

Double Up required scores to cash: 112 ($10), 108 ($5), 108 ($2). Average = 109)

Perhaps the Doubles, due to really large fields (these are the multi-entries) have more lineups with MNF players still to go, whereas the 100 entry 50/50s could be closer to "done". That's just a guess and unlikely to be significant. It could also have to do with the multi-entry format (more sub-optimal lineups in possible in theory if people plug in multiply, unique lineups).

In any case this makes me feel like strongly avoiding the 50/50s and focusing on Doubles because they aren't any harder, and pay 10% more. And the 50/50s don't offer the safety that H2Hs do.
Def fill in the blanks here tomorrow on how that finished up.

I've been playing 50/50s myself, $10 a pop. They seem pretty easy to me. My $100 deposit is now an over $200 balance. But I do think about money I left on the table. I finished 1st in a 50 team $10 50/50 this week for the second week in a row and my score would have been good enough to win more money in a tournament. I'll still probably stick to mostly 50/50s because I also am risk averse.

My probable lineups for Mon-Thu:

QB Andrew Luck 10100

RB Ahmad Bradshaw 7500

RB Jeremy Hill 5200

WR T.Y. Hilton 8100

WR Mohamed Sanu 7200

WR Rueben Randle 6400

TE Larry Donnell 5400

K Adam Vinatieri 5100

D Cleveland Browns 4800 59800

QB Eli Manning 7600

RB Ahmad Bradshaw 7500

RB Jeremy Hill 5200

WR A.J. Green 8400

WR T.Y. Hilton 8100

WR Rueben Randle 6400

TE Dwayne Allen 6200

K Josh Brown 5000

D Cincinnati Bengals 5600 60000
The first lineup I created matched your first lineup except I went Cundiff/Colts (to separate Luck and Vinatieri).

I also have this one:

Dalton

Hill

Bradshaw

Hilton

Sanu

Green

Donnell

Vinatieri

NYG

So really, I'm expected to be wrecked by the NYG stacks and my Browns.

Survey on the main FD page goes through a bunch of questions and then what they are really looking for: Remove Kickers?...And taking the next step in allowing lineup changes all the way up to kickoff of any game (ala DraftKings). Figured that the latter was coming.

I know this a football site - but has anyone tried NBA GPPs with much success? I haven't followed the NBA since Jordan retired for the 2nd time (other than rooting against the Lakers). I tried a couple small dollar GPPs and was on the bubble for cashing (and would've if not for a Westbrook in game injury) despite not caring about or following the sport for 15+ years. In theory, it seems that player points would be more predictable and therefore it is easier to cash in the NBA GPPs compared to the NFL. There is also the added benefit of having a contest pretty much every day of the season.
No experience myself but the general consensus is that they are harder with less mainstream appeal (more gamblaholics and cross-sport "professional" unmentionables). The market for fantasy football dwarfs the markets for other fantasy sports, combined.

Compare each Q3 and Q4 to Q2 and Q1: https://www.fanduel.com/investors

I've been playing 50/50s myself, $10 a pop. They seem pretty easy to me. My $100 deposit is now an over $200 balance. But I do think about money I left on the table. I finished 1st in a 50 team $10 50/50 this week for the second week in a row and my score would have been good enough to win more money in a tournament. I'll still probably stick to mostly 50/50s because I also am risk averse.
"Pro"-tip: for every $10 50/50 entry, add a $1 tourney or $1 100/250 player league with the same lineup. Juices your returns when you score big, costs only a little when you don't.

I only play GPP's. I think mostly because I'm greedy, don't have all that much interest in setting a great lineup so I can turn my $10 into $20 or whatever. Of course I also like the chance at the big win, and have been able to cash pretty consistently in the GPPs so far. (knocks on wood)

Lastly, and maybe more importantly, I can't imagine how mad I would be if I played a 50/50 or heads up and put up like 250 points. Can you imagine what it would feel like to pick a lineup that would've won you a million dollars that instead only won you $5?

I can't, and I don't really want to find out.

"Pro"-tip: for every $10 50/50 entry, add a $1 tourney or $1 100/250 player league with the same lineup. Juices your returns when you score big, costs only a little when you don't.
:goodposting: I have to remind myself to do this from time to time. I spend too much time trying to come up with tourney lineups that I forget to enter my double up and 50/50 lineups into the GPPs then kick myself when my 50/50 lineup scores big.

:goodposting: I have to remind myself to do this from time to time. I spend too much time trying to come up with tourney lineups that I forget to enter my double up and 50/50 lineups into the GPPs then kick myself when my 50/50 lineup scores big.
:thumbup: Great tip, guys! Thanks so much for responding.

Users who are viewing this thread