What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre (1 Viewer)

Resident A

Footballguy
He is climbing the rankings this week, and rightfully so after Brees put up 6 TDs on the hapless Lions. If Favre could even put up a third of that, he'd be a great start.

The way I see it: Favre could either go off, or AP could have 200+ yards & 3 TDs leaving the QB with little. Seems pretty risky. Still, I'm contemplating giving him the start over Schaub.

Anybody rolling with him?

Last edited by a moderator:
After last weeks performance i'm letting Shuab sit out and putting in Favre.

I too figure if he has 1/3 of the performance of Brees then i will be happy.

As of now, I have him going over Palmer, Garrard and Orton in a league where I'm very QB thin...

I may end up going Palmer though. My feel is it will be ugly quick and the Lions may get blanked - and Favre and ADP may get yanked or severely reined in. Then my head tells me it's Childress and both will be in there if it was 45-0...

is nobody worried he'll have the same stats as last week? he probably doesn't know the playbook yet, and peterson will run for 300 yards on the Lions.

I would go with Favre over Schaub. Schaub is facing the Titans and they are no joke on D. I can easily see Favre with 220 yards and 2 to 3 TD's, which isn't a bad day at all.

Another Favre over Schaub guy here. I fully expect to be playing Schaub almost every week (despite week 1) but this matchup is too good to pass up.

I have Favre on my bench with Warner as my starter. There's no way I bench Warner, but it will be hard to see Favre explode for 2 or 3 TD's on my bench.

I have AP as well. A few TD passes from Favre to AP would have been nice.

I (briefly) considered playing the Lions defense. That's how little faith I have in Favre at this point in the season.

I don't know why but I have a feeling this is a trap game. I don't have any reasoning to justify this, but something tells me this won't be a blowout by any means.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why but I have a feeling this is a trap game. I don't have any reasoning to justify this, but something tells me this won't be a blowout by any means.
Thats actually what I like about this game for Favre. I think Detroit may score enough to keep the Vikings pushing the passing game for more points.

Thats actually what I like about this game for Favre. I think Detroit may score enough to keep the Vikings pushing the passing game for more points.
Why? Just curious anyways. I don't see detroit being able to run much at all and they arnt going to have joe thomas blocking allen. Vikings defense will eat the rookie qb up, there o-line is weak imo.I don't see favre having a big game myself, 200 and 2 is the ceiling imo. peterson and taylor are the guys to start.

Why? Just curious anyways. I don't see detroit being able to run much at all and they arnt going to have joe thomas blocking allen. Vikings defense will eat the rookie qb up, there o-line is weak imo.I don't see favre having a big game myself, 200 and 2 is the ceiling imo. peterson and taylor are the guys to start.
not like Minny blew out the lions last season. Stafford>orlovsky

is nobody worried he'll have the same stats as last week? he probably doesn't know the playbook yet, and peterson will run for 300 yards on the Lions.
Yes... I have him and Cutler / Leftwich. The only hope you can have is that Det puts up a fight and some pts while they overload on ADP.Meanwhile I know Cutler is going to be airing the Ball out.

The guy on that team to start is Peterson. I think he destroys the Lions to the point that Favre doesn't throw much once again.

Percy and Shiancoe should have big days too.

i see this as a game the vikings feel good enough about winning that they will see what farve can do...let him rip so to speak...like practice...let farve play with his new toys...thats how bad detroit is

This matchup looks great to me upon initial review, but when I consider it carefully, I have some doubts.

I think the odds are decent that MIN is up by 10 or so at half and really decides to eat huge chunks of time off the clock by being even more run heavy in the 2nd half. Further, even if the game remains close throughout, I don’t see MIN airing it out vs. DET. The only way they do that is they fall considerably behind DET, and I don’t see that as a likely scenario.

I think Favre is a decent start Week 2, but I don’t like him as a top 10 QB this week, regardless of what Brees and the Saints did to Detroit last week.

12/07/08 MIN@DET 20-16

10/12/08 DET@MIN 12-10

Don't the Lions historically play the Vikings pretty tough? There was one blowout in 2007 (42-10 @ MIN) but the games have generally been close over the years.

Minnesota @ Detroit

You know the drill with Adrian Peterson...Bernard Berrian's removal from the injury report bodes well. He is a risky play after catching no passes and seeing two targets from Brett Favre on 55 snaps in the opener, but Berrian can be plugged in as an upside WR3. The Lions will have to stack the box with eight defenders and Berrian will be in single coverage all day against 32-year-old RCB Anthony Henry. For Berrian, it only takes one play...Lions nickel back Eric King, forced to start Week 1 with Phillip Buchanon (neck) a late scratch, was exposed ruthlessly by Drew Brees. King surrendered touchdowns to Marques Colston and Robert Meachem, and a 58-yard connection to Devery Henderson. With Buchanon back, King will likely be asked to cover the slot. The Vikings' inside receiver is first-round pick Percy Harvin...Now is the time to start Brett Favre. His pass attempts total won't be high, but the matchup doesn't get better.

:shrug:

Yes... I have him and Cutler / Leftwich. The only hope you can have is that Det puts up a fight and some pts while they overload on ADP.Meanwhile I know Cutler is going to be airing the Ball out.
Same here, Cutler and Favre....leaning towards Favre right now after the continuation of suckage by my Lions.

In TD-Heavy league, he's in over Rivers and Garrard. Hoping for 2 cheap TDs - maybe a screen to a RB, bomb on blown coverage to a WR ... third could be an middle-of-the-field pass to Shiancoe or Harvin.

Yes, Peterson could give them such a big lead that Favre doesn't throw, but I'll take that risk over Rivers getting pounded by Baltimore's defense. I can't predict where points will come from in each game, but I'm betting Minnesota scores more than SD, so I take Favre.

My gut says Favre is salivating and Chilly will let him get some stats this week so when he needs Favre to be a game manager, he won't be so restless.

Users who are viewing this thread