What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG loses its Tremendous Upside: RIP friend (1 Viewer)

I wish I had the rest of this pic, but it got lost at granny's. We have had this as a smiley for years now: http://1drv.ms/16oRIJX

All I remember was the complete mayhem around Sean, and he sitting there serene and smiling.

:happy:
I definitely have (and took) the original. I'll find it. Where are all the tourist jokes now?!?
YES

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q8hhmyckYc20lyK8K3sf4dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Can't believe Jet remembered it was pub dog. I forgot the colored beer too. Great memories. I'll be honest, I keep crying looking through these pictures.
That was the night that dance troop was at the bar, couple crazy hot girls and Side boob!

TU was beyond loaded, started getting LOUD at the green turtle( those kids at the turtle were never the same after that)
I miss you guys.
:goodposting:

And for what it's worth, I knew it was Dog something - Google pulled it to the top with "dog bar columbia" which is pretty much all I remember from that night without these photos. Google - you're amazing.

I wish I had the rest of this pic, but it got lost at granny's. We have had this as a smiley for years now: http://1drv.ms/16oRIJX

All I remember was the complete mayhem around Sean, and he sitting there serene and smiling.

I definitely have (and took) the original. I'll find it. Where are all the tourist jokes now?!?
YES

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q8hhmyckYc20lyK8K3sf4dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Can't believe Jet remembered it was pub dog. I forgot the colored beer too. Great memories. I'll be honest, I keep crying looking through these pictures.
Who's that in the blue shirt? I can put names to a lot of these faces but not him.

YES

Who's that in the blue shirt? I can put names to a lot of these faces but not him.
Los Kraft

All y'all, please accept my sympathies at the loss of your friend.

I will be pouring my adult beverage shortly.
I'm on my third now, so much for not drinking in February. Poured a nice Scotch for Sean though, even though TRE knows I am unable to pronounce the distillery.

Another thing about Sean is he welcomed you into his personal circle. I went to NYC to see an Islanders game and he invited me on a pub crawl with his "real" friends. Koya and his now wife were there, but I didn't know anyone else. He got me in the mix and was even sharing his women, a sign of a true friend no doubt.

I talked with his longtime friends, we stayed out until 4 am going form spot to spot. He actually almost got in a scrap that night but five minutes later the other guy was buying him a shot, he had it like that (plus we were all going to crush that guy had he tried anything, no one ####s with Sean). Next day we went to an Islanders game (because I'm a closet Islanders fan) and I almost got into a fight with the coach. I just can't think of a single time that we met up where it wasn't memorable, and it was memorable because he made it that way.

This is terrible. Rest in Peace Tremendous Upside. Prayers for his family, friends, and Koya.

Thanks for the updates I'm sure it was extremely difficult.

RIP TU.

DD, Zilla, Koya, and others, I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend.

I always looked for TU to pop up in the music draft threads. Added so much knowledge and humor to those drafts. I don't think he did the newer ones, but I looked in my car today and found the CDs that I made of some of the first drafts we had, and his were near the top for easy grabbing.

I am not sure how many here have spotify, but I loaded up a few of TUs drafts so you could have soundtrack while you remember your friend. He will be missed around here.

TU's 90s

TU's 80s

TU's 70s

RIP TU.

DD, Zilla, Koya, and others, I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend.

I always looked for TU to pop up in the music draft threads. Added so much knowledge and humor to those drafts. I don't think he did the newer ones, but I looked in my car today and found the CDs that I made of some of the first drafts we had, and his were near the top for easy grabbing.

I am not sure how many here have spotify, but I loaded up a few of TUs drafts so you could have soundtrack while you remember your friend. He will be missed around here.

TU's 90s

TU's 80s

TU's 70s
Awesome. Thanks for doing this.

What the #### is going on man. This #### isn't supposed to happen, yet. Many of us are in that mid 30s to mid 40s range.

I seriously love Sean, he was a great human and one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I didn't stay in touch as much as I should have, only the occasional text, and me and my wife (who also loves him) talked about going to NYC and meeting up with him, but never did. I regret that very much.

Koya, the way you describe your wife hitting it off with him is just how I feel when me and my wife met him. Maybe we all felt that way about him. I remember getting some great big hugs from him. I only hung out with him for two or three weekends in my life but feel like we would always be friends.

: (
You should know that Sean spoke a lot of you. I'll be honest - I suck at remembering names in real life. On here? Bigbottom amd Bottomfeeder look a lot alike, ya know.

But the ###### name Britney Spears always resonated because whatever the #### you all did together, it was a great time. And that is as appreciated as anything.

If you ever find yourselves in NY, we will do our best to be gracious hosts.

Seriously, I'm amazed at this outpouring of love.

Has ANYone actually met and spent meaningful time with this many of us i-FBGs?

Let's find a way to get Pumps idea off the ground and all come to celebrate a great life, and even better person.

Man ... just reading about this now. This is happening too much around here lately. So unfair.

RIP, TU ... and thoughts to Koya, DD and everyone else who knew him.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear the news. I never met TUP but he did turn me on to the Eddie Vedder shows in Atlanta back in 09. My granddaughter was born in the morning, 6-23-09, in Columbia,SC. After that the wife and I headed down I-20 to ATL, got checked in, hit the Vortex, and off to the show. We had a great time and I will forever be thankful to TUP for the memories we had that night.

RIP

Heard about TU's passing from Tasker. Never met him but always enjoyed his perspective on the boards. From those of you who knew him I now know what a great person he was - my condolences to everyone, he will be missed. :-(

was thinking about this alot last night...one of the neatest things about these boards is that we have so much "history" in written text, searchable form. Makes it easy to relive a point in time. I'm going to make an effort of trying to do that more about my kids, so I have great stories to relive in the future

Thought about Sean a lot as I tried to go to sleep last night. Such a tragedy for a well-liked guy at such a young age. Got me to reevaluate some things in my own life and made me think of connecting with some friends I haven't heard from in a while.

Koya said:
Guys I have bad news. I'm so sorry to have to tell you all this.

We lost Sean today. He went into cardiac arrest about 45 min ago and could not be revived.

Let's hope he is at peace. God I hope there's another side where I can see him again.
damn damn damn. this sucks.

Very sad to hear this. Great board persona. I remember meeting him at the Pizano's cornhole in Chicago way back when. IIRC, he was there unexpectedly because he just happened to be in town. I can't remember what we talked about, but I liked him immediately, and I can understand why people became good friends with him right away. Rest in peace.

Pretty sure I saddled up to the bar with TU during one of our epic NYC cornholes. A good dude, and a fun/interesting contributor here on the boards. He'll be missed.

Sorry I missed the first part of the cornhole, it was great to meet those who showed up on the East Side...

I was pretty plowed by that point, so my memories are defintiely hazy...

:thumbup: to Glock, glad you made it home OK...
Flashback: I had just met the guy on Part II of our NYC cornhole. TU- and Koya- both made sure that I got involved in their inner circle :banned: , got my drunken ### in cabs with them as we hopped the East Side, AAAND got me on a train back out to The Island.

Koya- both of you are cut from good cloth. Just different patterns. And sizes. TU's moving on will leave a big void. It's up to you- and us here- to attempt to fill it as TU would see fit...

Just realized I had TU in SS one year. Googled it, it was 2009. This is so surreal. Really sorry for those of you that knew him well. Just awful.

Koya said:
Guys I have bad news. I'm so sorry to have to tell you all this.

We lost Sean today. He went into cardiac arrest about 45 min ago and could not be revived.

Let's hope he is at peace. God I hope there's another side where I can see him again.
damn damn damn. this sucks.
No joke. I really liked that dude. :(

Sorry for your loss, Koya. And everyone else, as well.

My condolences to those of you who knew TU so well. I always admired his Pearl Jam fandom and wished I could have experienced as many PJ concerts as he did. Now, I can see that I missed out on a much greater experience.

Very sad to hear this. Great board persona. I remember meeting him at the Pizano's cornhole in Chicago way back when. IIRC, he was there unexpectedly because he just happened to be in town. I can't remember what we talked about, but I liked him immediately, and I can understand why people became good friends with him right away. Rest in peace.
Crap, I can't believe I forgot that he came to the Joe Bryant non-tapas cornhole, too. That means I met Sean three times. IIRC a smaller group of us, including Sean, went to Celtic Crossing after the official cornhole, and then a subset of that group went elsewhere thereafter. There was also something funny that happened with Sean and chet's credit card number, but I've forgotten the details.

One other tiny thing I remembered last night...it's nothing compared to the experiences many people had with Sean, but just another instance of what a good guy he was. When the movie Once came out, I was enthralled with it and insisted to several people in the movie thread that they had to see it, to the point where I bought 10 copies and sent them out to people on the board, one of them being Sean. I was just so excited about it that I wanted to share, and never wanted or expected anything in return, but sure enough, a couple of months later Sean asked for my address and a week later a movie arrived that had been discussed in the thread and he was sure I would love to see.

Again, not an epic story but just evidence of how thoughtful and kind he was. :)

Also evidence that the other nine of you are jerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I can't believe I forgot that he came to the Joe Bryant non-tapas cornhole, too. That means I met Sean three times. IIRC a smaller group of us, including Sean, went to Celtic Crossing after the official cornhole, and then a subset of that group went elsewhere thereafter.
I took Sean and Joe to the top of the Hancock building for a nitecap after we left Celtic Crossing. I was very drunk by the end of that night, but everybody had a great time (I think).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread