What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (14 Viewers)

Rejecting Amarius Mims who's one of the highest on my board as too much of a project. We did that with Austin Jackson and it took 4 years.

With the 3rd pick of round 2 (selection 35) Miami picks Graham Barton, Duke.

Some mocks had him going in round 1. The 10 mocks in DraftBuzz had him going 24 to 41, eliminating the 2 extremes, with a median of 31. A safe choice at a position of need. Graham played 6 games at C as a true freshman due to injuries, then started 3 years at LT improving every year. Good technique, strong in the run game, but short arms means he'll play guard or center in the NFL. He could play from day 1, potentially competing at C where Miami spent some $$ on Aaron Brewer. Seems like a safe bet. Need to protect Tua. Connor Williams had a significant knee injury and is unsigned. Robert Hunt got a $100,000,000 contract with the Panthers. Liam Eichenberg was a huge liability at C and G.

Some mocks had him going in round 1. The 10 mocks in DraftBuzz had him going 24 to 41, eliminating the 2 extremes, with a median of 31. A safe choice at a position of need. Graham played 6 games at C as a true freshman due to injuries, then started 3 years at LT improving every year. Good technique, strong in the run game, but short arms means he'll play guard or center in the NFL. He could play from day 1, potentially competing at C where Miami spent some $$ on Aaron Brewer. Seems like a safe bet. Need to protect Tua. Connor Williams had a significant knee injury and is unsigned. Robert Hunt got a $100,000,000 contract with the Panthers. Liam Eichenberg was a huge liability at C and G.
Nice pick. I was between him and Kool Aid at 29.

Washington Commanders
2.04 -- OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU

The Commanders' war room watches helplessly - and with intense fear and loathing - as many of the players they'd been targeting for the top of the second round come off the board early, then breathe a collective sigh of relief as their future starting LT drops into their laps.

Raiders pick at 2.12 (44) is up for bidding. Looking to move down, ideally to collect two later day-2 picks, and willing to throw in a 5th or a 6th rounder this year to more even out the points involved for both sides, as needed. PM me if interested.

Rejecting Amarius Mims who's one of the highest on my board as too much of a project. We did that with Austin Jackson and it took 4 years.
Mims has the highest upside and Packers can be patient. You’re hoping he mans for along time. I would have preferred to trade down.

Washington Commanders

The Commanders' war room watches helplessly - and with intense fear and loathing - as many of the players they'd been targeting for the top of the second round come off the board early, then breathe a collective sigh of relief as their future starting LT drops into their laps.
Question. Kinsley's measurable are off the chart and he did a great job at tackle for 2 years. Why isn't he a 1st round grade by more analysts?

Give the Dolphins some time. Consulting with co-GM @Ministry of Pain. . Time for lunch anyway. We have a few good choices. Oline or dline.

Imagining @Ministry of Pain going MOP on a Flintstones-sized rack of ribs while pouring through player notes

-QG
1st-SoBe was KIND enough to let me in the War Room but he is the Captain here. It might not have been my 1st choice however...Miami needs help on both sides of the line and we talked about other players we want to take a look at coming up at 55 and 66..we only had 21 and 55 to start with, i think he's doing a helluva job wheeling and dealing along with others in this Draft.

There are no guarantees and since we couldn't get Murphy at the price we wanted, we went in another direction.

Graham Barton
DUKE CAREER: Lettered four seasons (2020-21-22-23) ... played in 40 career games, 39 starts ... two-time All-America and first team All-ACC honoree (2022 & 2023) … second team College Sports Communicators (CSC) Academic All-America selection (2023) and three-time Academic All-ACC team member (2021, 2022 & 2023) … two-time recipient of the program’s Offensive Lineman of the Year Award … started 34 consecutive contests to begin career ... helped Duke to consecutive bowl games (2022 Military and 2023 Birmingham) … played 2,665 career snaps … represented Duke at the 2024 NFL combine at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind.

I think SoBe chose wisely, you can see by who I took at No 8 that projected draft spots mean nothing to me, it's where can i get the guy i want. SoBe was talking Barton from the beginning and I like that we took him in the 2nd Rd, his salary is going to be very affordable the next few years AND Miami signed Wynn back at LG, that should be noted as now Miami has re-tooled the entire IOL with SoBe's pick, it's a samrt move for a team that has a OC masquerading as a head coach. Play to your strengths and defensive Xs and Os are NOT McDaniel's strong suit, that's just a fact right now. It could change but I don't see it, so arm him a strong OL so he can wheel out all his toys at the skill positions and see what happens. That's Miami's best battle plan so far in '24/

I absolutely support the selection

I have the Bears OTC here at 37 and I'm open to moving down. If it's a moderate trade-down then I'd want to add a 3rd, if it's a small one then maybe you'd just be moving down from your 3rd to 99 or 122.

I have the Bears OTC here at 37 and I'm open to moving down. If it's a moderate trade-down then I'd want to add a 3rd, if it's a small one then maybe you'd just be moving down from your 3rd to 99 or 122.
The Lions are interested in coming up but this is probably a little too far and I am not sure the Bears want to trade in the division...but Detroit is interested in coming up

The Lions are interested in coming up but this is probably a little too far and I am not sure the Bears want to trade in the division...but Detroit is interested in coming up
Titans would consider a trade down here. 24 picks is a bit far but could do your 61 and 73 for the 38. Points are close enough - 520 / 517 https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Det

I'll trade with anyone; DM'd.

I think SoBe chose wisely, you can see by who I took at No 8 that projected draft spots mean nothing to me, it's where can i get the guy i want.
Barton wasn't a sexy choice, but he has a good floor. He's versatile, hopefully he's much better than Liam.

My sexy high upside choice on the oline would've been that Kinglsey dude who reached 21.5 mph as a freshman. Sorry for not doing a final consultation but I didn't want to hold up the show too long and i had a zoom meeting 1 to 2. These things are not easy to do between activities at work. I think some of the guys we mentioned could be there at 55 and 66. Everyone knows the dline is a mess to start the season without Chubb, Phillips, Wilkins, and Davis. The attempt to get Murphy ... I wonder if Grier tries it, he's not afraid to trade up - most of his have backfired, but Howard was a tradeup success.

I'll trade with anyone; DM'd.
Responded. If we have a deal post it here.

I think SoBe chose wisely, you can see by who I took at No 8 that projected draft spots mean nothing to me, it's where can i get the guy i want.
Barton wasn't a sexy choice, but he has a good floor. He's versatile, hopefully he's much better than Liam.

My sexy high upside choice on the oline would've been that Kinglsey dude who reached 21.5 mph as a freshman. Sorry for not doing a final consultation but I didn't want to hold up the show too long and i had a zoom meeting 1 to 2. These things are not easy to do between activities at work. I think some of the guys we mentioned could be there at 55 and 66. Everyone knows the dline is a mess to start the season without Chubb, Phillips, Wilkins, and Davis. The attempt to get Murphy ... I wonder if Grier tries it, he's not afraid to trade up - most of his have backfired, but Howard was a tradeup success.
Rehearsal Dinner tomorrow and my son's wedding Friday, I'm going to be very hard to reach next couple days
Don't hold up the train, please.
You know exactly what Miami needs to fill.

Looking to potentially trade the Raiders 2024 2nd (#44 - 460 pts) and 4th (#112 - 70 pts) for someone's lower 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Cleveland is one team I was looking at, as their 2nd and 4th combine for 525 pts; they have not had a pick yet at all and may want to move up to grab a target. But I don't see anyone managing their picks.

Last edited:
18) Cincinnati Bengals - Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - ILLINOIS
19) Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Rams) - DT Byron Murphy II, Texas
20) Pittsburgh Steelers - RT - JC Latham, Alabama
21) Arizona Cardinals (via Miami Dolphins) - Troy Fautanu OL Washington
22) Philadelphia Eagles - Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
23) Los Angeles Rams (via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Houston)))) - Laiatu Latu DE, UCLA
24) Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon
25) Green Bay Packers - OT - Amarius Mims
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
27) Kansas City Chiefs (via Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)) - Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions - Kool Aid Mckinstry CB, Alabama
30) Baltimore Ravens - Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma
31) San Francisco 49ers - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

Round 2​

33) Carolina Panthers - Edge Chris Braswell, Alabama
34) New England Patriots - Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
35) Miami Dolphins (via Arizona Cardinals) - OL, Graham Barton, Duke
36) Washington Commanders - OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
37) Detroit (( via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers)) - Zach Frazier, IOL, West Virginia
38) Tennessee Titans
39) Carolina Panthers (from N.Y. Giants)
40) Washington Commanders (from Chicago)
41) Green Bay Packers (from N.Y. Jets)

Last edited:
23) Los Angeles Rams (via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Houston)))) - Laiatu Latu DE, UCLA
27) Kansas City Chiefs (via Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)) - Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU

Round 2​

37) Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers) - Graham Barton, IOL, Duke
38) Tennessee Titans
You have Barton at 35 and 37

Pick 37 (from the Bears)

2.5 The Detroit Lions select Zach Frazier IOL West Virginia

There are 3 high quality Center prospects in this class so I am happy with the Lions getting the last one on the board. Best case Y1 scenario is he beats out Glasgow and provides an instant improvement to an already elite OL. If not, then he's a high quality backup for the 3 IOL positions and we know with how rough IOL is, that means he's getting a few starts at least. Then when Ragnow retires (which looks to be sooner than later), the torch is smoothly passed to the guy who has been groomed for the job. What the Lions will like about Frazier:

• 4 year starter
  • 4x State Wrestling Champion
  • Has the dog mentality OL need, never gives up on a block
  • Versatility having started at OG and C in college
  • Leader of the WVU offense, calling protections
  • Such a heady team first guy that when he broke his leg this last year, he quickly bear crawled off the field so WVU didn't have to use a key late game TO

The Lions here used their 4 top 100 picks to get Carlton Davis, Kool Aid and Frazier. That's addressing the biggest weakness of the team (pass coverage) and keep a strength strong.

Last edited:

Round 2​

38) Tennessee Titans
i saw it. i'm in a little bit of a brain fog atm. someone wanna summarize the trade(s)?

Round 2​

38) Tennessee Titans
i saw it. i'm in a little bit of a brain fog atm. someone wanna summarize the trade(s)?
Chicago trades pick 37 to Detroit for 61 & 73.

Detroit takes Zach Frazier IOL, West Virginia

Looking to potentially trade the Raiders 2024 2nd (#44 - 460 pts) and 4th (#112 - 70 pts) for someone's lower 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Cleveland is one team I was looking at, as their 2nd and 4th combine for 525 pts; they have not had a pick yet at all and may want to move up to grab a target. But I don't see anyone managing their picks.
I dont even see any picks by Cleveland :ponder: did i just miss it?

Pick 37 (from the Bears)

I love that bullet point. It seems to always make for great IOLs.
Yep, Frazier isn't the super athlete Ragnow is and probably doesn't have quite the upside but those wrestling backgrounds are usually a sign that the player has a mastery of leverage, balance and an incredibly strong grip. All things you need playing on the interior especially. His arms are short but his hands are 99th percentile for IOL. If he does get those paws on your, it's over.

Last edited:
Washington Commanders

Question. Kinsley's measurable are off the chart and he did a great job at tackle for 2 years. Why isn't he a 1st round grade by more analysts?

Just perusing Thorn's grades on this OL run, he does stand out as a potential very high ceiling prospect. They all read similar to first rounders he's graded in past years. Maybe it's just a product of a very talented and deep OL class. Maybe there will be a few more 1st round OLs than we think. There's still more OLs that sound like potential first year starters and + level future players. Suamataia is young too. Did I read he clocked 21 mph? lol, That's some Larry Allen #### right there.

Pick 37 (from the Bears)

I love that bullet point. It seems to always make for great IOLs.
Yep, Frazier isn't the super athlete Ragnow is and probably doesn't have quite the upside but those wrestling backgrounds are usually a sign that the player has a mastery or leverage, balance and an incredibly strong grip. All things you need playing on the interior especially. His arms are short but his hands are 99th percentile for IOL. If he does get those paws on your, it's over.

Endurance too. Wrestlers just wear out their opposition and grind in the 4th quarter.

After the Watson and Jeudy trades, Cleveland is entering the draft with these selections

Second Round - #54
Third Round - #85
Fifth Round - #155
Sixth Round - #205
Seventh Round - #243

They traded their 2024 1st in order to pay hand-towel man $230 MM. They are still waiting for their first turn to make a pick in this draft.

Washington Commanders

I can only tell you that his ranking seems to be pretty consistent across platforms.....here's a few....

Draftbuzz

espn

nfl.com

A mini-run on the oline. 5 of the last 8 selections.

Yup and right where a bunch of WRs are often projected to fall. I think it's realistic reading player grades and how impossible it seems to sort a huge tier of WRs here. Long way to my next pick, but I'll probably be too tempted to grab a WR than address Dallas run D. WR might be a cat and mouse game in a month with good ones dropping to rounds 4 and 5.

On that note, I was hating player comps I was reading, and then i got lazy and decided about ten of them comp to Aman-Ra. His super power has been work ethic and motivation. So intangibles weigh heavy on these guys.

Washington Commanders

I can only tell you that his ranking seems to be pretty consistent across platforms.....here's a few....

Draftbuzz

espn

nfl.com

Suamataia definitely has some freakish traits but he is young and raw. The Commanders don't need to rush him - GM Peters isn't going to fix this team overnight so they can take their time and develop him some. I think it's a testament to the depth of this incoming OL class that he fell out of the first round. I love the Penai Sewell comps. I thought I read that he's Sewell's cousin but now I can't find the link.

On that note, I was hating player comps I was reading, and then i got lazy and decided about ten of them comp to Aman-Ra. His super power has been work ethic and motivation. So intangibles weigh heavy on these guys.
For sure Amon Ra is an incredibly hard worker but don’t forget coming out of HS, he was a 5 star recruit. 247 had him as the 10th best player in the country. Rivals had at number 3. That’s at any position. So Amon Ra is a case of a super elite prospect delivering the kind of results expected of him his whole career. The NFL just missed the boat because he didn’t run 4.4.

Chicago trades pick 37 to Detroit for 61 & 73.
:kicksrock:
Titans pick available for a similar deal
I'll trade #64 and #71 for #38, assuming Detroit doesn't take the guy I want.
My guy is still here, should I take that thumbs up as an accept? @-OZ-

I'm not in a hurry. The thumbs up is a little difficult to interpret, but what else could it mean? Your call but I doubt OZ will mind you picking and getting those two picks.

Users who are viewing this thread