What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (6 Viewers)

I was very seriously considering doubling up on OL if JPJ made it to #27. Huge fan of the guy. Only real weakness is short arms, which matters less than more inside you get.

it's certainly a good year to double up. I could with the 2nd rounder to give Steele some competition and the depleted ol some depth. If the taken OTs and JPJ were gone, I likely would have passed on OL here for WR, or tried to trade down. This fills the biggest OL need with who is in the discussion for bpa at this point, so I'm pleased with the possibility. The Eagles need to replace Kelce though, so irl, I doubt he falls to Dallas.
Eagles need might not be that big. Landon Dickerson and Cam Jurgens are both candidates to move to C. CB is probably a bigger need for them.

Still I can't recall seeing JPJ falling to Dallas. At least not since I started paying closer attention. I recall you gave them Fautanu in your mock. Did JPJ go before or after him?
I had JPJ to Miami at #21. That's probably still on the table if they stay put. I've gotten a lot higher on Fautanu post-combine, especially his versatility.

22. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

Will be back with write up later, but wanted to get this up. Wiggles can have Latu and his career ending neck injury…

Let All Naysayers Know

The Eagles have not drafted a DB in the first round since 2002. Which is really neither here nor there, but sort of an interesting backdrop. The team desperately needs a CB in the present and the future and while I will say that I would have preferred Dejean or Mitchell in Fangio’s system, because I think they are a little better in zone coverage and against the run, Arnold is clearly the number 3 corner in the draft at worst. He might even have the highest upside. He’s long and he’s strong and he can flip his hips easily (not to mention the fact that he’s down to get the friction on) and has almost everything you want in a corner physically. He will have to work on his technique a bit and trust his athleticism but he seems to know how to position himself and has a good eye for the ball. Really doubt he will last this long, but can’t see how the eagles could pass him up if this is the way the draft unfolds.
What's not to like?
Good value here
Great prospect, could start immediately

Kansas City Chiefs
1.27 Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU

KC has a couple needs including WR, LT and CB after tag and trade of Sneed. Thomas is the top rated player on the big board so we come get him right in front of rival Buffalo (hi).

Thomas is what KC pretended Justin Watson was last year. Kelce/Rice/Thomas/Hollywood makes Patrick a happy camper.

Kansas City Chiefs

KC has a couple needs including WR, LT and CB after tag and trade of Sneed. Thomas is the top rated player on the big board so we come get him right in front of rival Buffalo (hi).

Thomas is what KC pretended Justin Watson was last year. Kelce/Rice/Thomas/Hollywood makes Patrick a happy camper.
I was thinking it'd be a WR on the trade up, especially to jump Buffalo. Wasn't sure if it'd be Thomas or Worthy though.

Kansas City Chiefs

I was thinking it'd be a WR on the trade up, especially to jump Buffalo. Wasn't sure if it'd be Thomas or Worthy though.

Yeah it’s possible they like Worthy more but Thomas seems likelier to go top 20 for sure.

@OldMilwaukee

I really like Chop Robinson & Brian Thomas here; they're the last of the players that I had on my board for the Bears for pick 23. Both are explosive athletes, early declares, major contributors on elite units who flashed high-end production even if the totals weren't amazing (Chop especially good with the pass rush win rate, Thomas especially with the YPT).

I was willing to trade down to 23 because I figured I could get Chop or better there, and would've gone with Thomas if I'd drafted someone at 23. Was wondering how much farther down I could've dropped while still getting one of my guys, and apparently pick 27 is the answer.

@QuizGuy66
The only reason I didn't talk up your pick is that we were looking hard at Murphy and I didn't want to telegraph who we wanted but it was all for not as he went at #19
@ZWK didn't even sound like he was as excited about him as we were, wish we could have gotten him but trading up 2 spots, sliding back about 50 from the 55 pick in the 2nd was just going to be too steep for us.

And since this is all just for fun, we thought why not trade down.
@travdogg reached out to us early and even sweetened it up a little when we were on the clock, both @SoBeDad and myself would like to see Miami possibly trade down so they can gain at least one more Top 100 pick in the Draft. Miami lost a lot of talent on Defense due tot he cap and looming extensions.

I never thought Miami would lose Hunt, Wilkins, AVG and X all in the same off season.
Wilkins and Hunt cost close to $50M per year between the 2 of them now, that's about what Tua is likely to see in an extension although it should be noted, many folks in the Miami threads even those who support Tua, all think it's odd he hasn't been given an extension yet.

-Some of us are hoping they don't break the bank on him but I will say @Big Nate and @Gatorman and many others all make valid points. Until someone better than him is on the team and unseats Tua, he's not going anywhere even if they play hardball and try to force him to play his 5th year option $23M which I highly doubt he takes the field without a fat extension.

Based on what im watching unfold, id rather the guys in this thread drafting during the REAL draft ...no really.

Great stuff
I actually was going to post this earlier, despite many in here selling themselves short, it's been fascinating to take part in and I appreciate when folks explain their selections
Miami only had 21 and 55, SoBeDad turned that into 3 picks in the Top 70 and we're not done yet.
-I don't think 6 QBs will go in the 1st 12-13 picks in April, there are too many other impact players, it would trigger a feeding frenzy from the bak of the 1st Rd with teams trying to jump in front of others to secure the top DB/DT/LB/OL too many to watch them all keep falling with so many hyped skill position guys being gobbled up early

By a FF community that likes to see a lot of scoring I might add...
Good observation Zado

I was very seriously considering doubling up on OL if JPJ made it to #27. Huge fan of the guy. Only real weakness is short arms, which matters less than more inside you get.

it's certainly a good year to double up. I could with the 2nd rounder to give Steele some competition and the depleted ol some depth. If the taken OTs and JPJ were gone, I likely would have passed on OL here for WR, or tried to trade down. This fills the biggest OL need with who is in the discussion for bpa at this point, so I'm pleased with the possibility. The Eagles need to replace Kelce though, so irl, I doubt he falls to Dallas.
Great pick. He was the last one left on my wish list. Would be an anchor on that line for at least 10 years. Nix and Penix going early allowed him to fall. Most other mocks I see show RB as next pick. I think that can wait until the third round.

From Arizona's standpoint, I like that I got the #1 overall player on my board, and another top-12 guy, while going from two 1sts, one 2nd, and three 3rds, to three 1sts, one 2nd, and one 3rd.

With the Rams losing their best player (in franchise history I'd argue) and Seattle going through a bit of an unknown rebranding, I don't think its crazy to suggest Arizona could make a play for 2nd place, especially if Kyler stays healthier than Stafford. Arizona was essentially a .500 team once Kyler came back, with wins over the Eagles and Steelers.

I think the Chargers and Bears both came out pretty great with their respective trades. Wouldn't hate Murphy at #9 in all honesty, let alone #19. Really like adding that 2nd rounder too.

Chargers would arguably be upgrading their weapons should they get both Odunze and Bowers. Also, possible Johnston breaks out under a new (better) staff, so that could be a dangerous young offense to grow with a still young Herbert.

I think the most interesting thing (and @eighsse2 can back me up in the warroom) is that trading down 6 places would have basically taken all the guys we discussed off the board - we woulda been in a tougher position if we had moved IMO which is pretty wild.
This exercise has me very comfortable with the Bengals staying pat at #18 and getting an excellent player at any one of a number of positions. Really didn't feel like we could go wrong.
-QG

11) Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings) - TE Brock Bowers
12) Denver Broncos - QB, Bo Nix
13) New York Jets (via Las Vegas Raiders) - QB: Michael Penix Jr. Washington
14) New Orleans Saints - Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
15) Indianapolis Colts - Dallas Turner, OLB/EDGE, Alabama
16) Seattle Seahawks - DE Jared Verse, FSU
17) Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo
18) Cincinnati Bengals - Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - ILLINOIS
19) Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Rams) - DT Byron Murphy II, Texas
20) Pittsburgh Steelers - RT - JC Latham, Alabama
21) Arizona Cardinals (via Miami Dolphins) - Troy Fautanu OL Washington
22) Philadelphia Eagles - Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
23) Los Angeles Rams (via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Houston)))) - Laiatu Latu DE, UCLA
24) Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon
25) Green Bay Packers - OT - Amarius Mims
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
27) Kansas City Chiefs (via Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)) - Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions - Kool-Aid McKinstrey, CB, Alabama
30) Baltimore Ravens
31) San Francisco 49ers
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs)

Round 2​

33) Carolina Panthers

Last edited:
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
27) Kansas City Chiefs (via Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)) - Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions
30) Baltimore Ravens
31) San Francisco 49ers
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs)

Round 2

33) Carolina Panthers
Finally getting a chance to review the available names remaining with the Panthers obvious multiple of needs ...
Panthers have picks 33 & 39 so consideration will be available to gain additional Draft Capital if approached for trades.

1.29 Detroit Lions select Kool Aid Mckinstry CB, Alabama

This is of course somewhat influenced by the loss of Sutton but it's still a BPA pick. Coming into the year, KAM was a projected top 10 pick. He had a strong year, targeted even less than he was 2022 so I am not sure why he's "slipped". His pro-day put to rest any concerns that he was unathletic as he ran in the 4.4-4.5 range on a broken toe. He's now had his surgery and should be healed up in 6-10 weeks. Things Holmes and the Lions will love about him:

• 3 year starter in the SEC
  • Started at CB as a true freshman for Nick Saban
  • Team leader, high IQ player
  • Extremely calm, doesn't panic on tough plays
  • Fluid player with a knack for breaking up passes
  • Isn't shy, will get physical
  • Has played well outside, in the slot, man, press, zone
He won't need to step in day 1 and be playing man on Jefferson and DJ Moore. He will have time to acclimate, contribute year 1 when ready and hopefully develop into a true shutdown corner. It's a dangerous game just hoping each year to be able to fix the secondary with FA CB signings. Kool Aid and Branch should form a nice foundation for the future.

This is of course somewhat influenced by the loss of Sutton but it's still a BPA pick. Coming into the year, KAM was a projected top 10 pick. He had a strong year, targeted even less than he was 2022 so I am not sure why he's "slipped". His pro-day put to rest any concerns that he was unathletic as he ran in the 4.4-4.5 range on a broken toe. He's now had his surgery and should be healed up in 6-10 weeks. Things Holmes and the Lions will love about him:

He won't need to step in day 1 and be playing man on Jefferson and DJ Moore. He will have time to acclimate, contribute year 1 when ready and hopefully develop into a true shutdown corner. It's a dangerous game just hoping each year to be able to fix the secondary with FA CB signings. Kool Aid and Branch should form a nice foundation for the future.
I like it. Supposedly Holmes has called Saben about the other Bama players they have drafted the last couple years to get additional insight. It does look like a logical pick from both a need and BPA standpoint.

I think you did the right thing. I'm a bit busy atm, but if there's a player in the draft I want to pimp here, it's Bowers. I'll have time later to explain.
Definitely no regrets, here, as I think Bowers is easily a top ten talent and I got him at 11.

In the Bears thread I said I thought they should take him at 9 if he's there. The reply was, no we have a good TE and need D. My reply was you don't pass up on a HoF TE after drafting Caleb and fixing the WR room. You do everything in your power to support the #1 pick.

HoF? Yes barring catastrophic injury or stupid coaching, HoF TE here. Rob Rang recently said he's the best TE prospect he's ever evaluated and he's been around NFL scouting for 30+ years. I describe Bowers as the love child of Cooper Kupp and Mike Allstott. If you don't remember Mike treating defenders like bowling pins, then a better comp is the lovechild of Cooper Kupp and Gronk. Bowers isn't a TE. He's a weapon of mass destruction. If forced to make a big board, he'd be #1 above Caleb and ahead of harrison/nabers. I think he's the best receiver in this class. Being big and tough enough to do that at TE just adds value. Elite TEs drive DCs crazy. Preparation is unlike other weeks. The mismatches are a problem. Brock creates tougher matchup problems than any player I've ever watched. His OC at Georgia said he'd be their best RB if they used him that way. They did sometimes.

As a freshman and sophomore he was the best player on two national championship teams. He won the Shaun Alexander award for nation's best freshman. He then won back to back John Mackey awards for nation's best TE. None of those votes were close.

The last 4 teams standing last season featured LaPorta, Andrews, Kittle and Kelce. Look around the league and there's not many elite TEs. Just the supply and demand makes them very valuable. The Pats ran a dynasty with Brady/Gronk being their super power. The Chiefs are doing the same with Mahomes/Kelce. An elite TE is a cheat code in the NFL like it is in our fantasy leagues. It provides an ironically similar advantage. Some think it isn't a position of value. That's crazy talk to me. An elite TE is an offensive upgrade like no other position but QB. So I get the QB desperate teams desperately seeking rookie QBs, but after that this is the dude. Literally, the best player available, and the most likely addition to change the fortune of a team. He's the only player in this draft makes me confidently plant a flag. 🚩

Last edited:
In my opinion Murphy will be drafted earlier than pick 19.

I won't be surprised by him going earlier or falling even more. Needing Dallas to fix the run D was the thing that brought me to the Shark Pool draft discussion this year. Murphy was scouted as being this almost perfect prospect. Great disrupter and pass rusher and a rock against the run. I recently watched Texas vs Oklahoma, Alabama and Washington to get a better feel for Worthy. Of course, having learned the other coveted prospects on those teams, I watched them carefully. All three teams ran on Texas right up the middle. Murphy got buried more often than not. The pass rush praise is real. The run D praise? Hmmm, I was disappointed and started looking at other DTs. There's a couple I prefer for Dallas. But if I wanted that penetration on passing downs. he's the guy for that.

Ga'Quincy McKinstrey got his nickname as a baby and it stuck throughout his life. Some relative visiting the newborn said, "Look at his big round head and Kool-Aid smile." I can't get the kool-aid pitcher out my head now when I see his name. ;(

Is Wiggins still available? Many drafts have him higher than Kool Aid, Wiggins is the CB version of DeVonta Smith for BMI.
He is still there. I just don't think a DB that skinny and who lacks physicality is a player the Lions would covet.
I agree - they like their corners to tackle, even if it means that they're not very good at the "covering" part of their job

1.26 - Chop Robinson, Penn State
Elite athlete and pressure rates (18% pressure rate and 92nd percentile pass rush grade) with a "where's the production caveat."

Tampa's pressure rate during their Super Bowl season was 3rd in the NFL. They dropped into the 20's last year (22).

Shaq Barrett declined quickly after an achilles injury and has moved on to Miami. We wish him well as he hits up the Dolphins for a $9M pension.

YaYa Diaby showed promise in limited snaps (45%) with 7.5 sacks and finished 3rd in DRoY voting (I bet you didn't know that!), but he's an older "young" player at 25, and has likely maxed out his athletic potential. Joe Tryon Shoyinka has been ok in comparison to his peers from a desolate wasteland of a draft in 2020 (Seriously, go back and look at that draft outside of the top 15. Awful). But, that's no reason not to continue to address EDGE.

Tampa's pass rush would prove to be very dynamic from the inside (Vea/Cancey) and the outside in adding Chop.

Other considerations would have been a sprint to the podium for Jackson Powers Johnson. Brian Thomas Jr. was also considered as Chris Godwin enters the last year of his deal and Mike Evans is obviously in the twilight of his career. However, the depth at WR allows the team to wait until a later round to add a player to that group. Graham Barton from Duke is also an intriguing and position flexible iOL that could help the Bucs' 32nd for two straight years running game.

In the real draft I do not think Penix nor Nix will have been drafted up to this point. I'm wondering if these mid to late-20's spots will be highly coveted by a team trying to get back into the 1st to take one of them.

I do also think this could be an enticing spot for a trade to nab Brian Thomas Jr. I don't think these later drafting AFC teams can nor should they allow him into the hands of the Chiefs.

If the EDGE players (Chop and Latu) and interior offensive linemen are gone (JPJ and Graham Barton) I think the Bucs could trade this pick to a QB needy team or someone who wants to get in front of these other teams for that last elite tier WR.

Fake GM Grahamburn was offered a deal to trade this pick, and if this were RL it likely would have been taken.

Elite athlete and pressure rates (18% pressure rate and 92nd percentile pass rush grade) with a "where's the production caveat."

Tampa's pressure rate during their Super Bowl season was 3rd in the NFL. They dropped into the 20's last year (22).

Shaq Barrett declined quickly after an achilles injury and has moved on to Miami. We wish him well as he hits up the Dolphins for a $9M pension.

YaYa Diaby showed promise in limited snaps (45%) with 7.5 sacks and finished 3rd in DRoY voting (I bet you didn't know that!), but he's an older "young" player at 25, and has likely maxed out his athletic potential. Joe Tryon Shoyinka has been ok in comparison to his peers from a desolate wasteland of a draft in 2020 (Seriously, go back and look at that draft outside of the top 15. Awful). But, that's no reason not to continue to address EDGE.

Tampa's pass rush would prove to be very dynamic from the inside (Vea/Cancey) and the outside in adding Chop.

Other considerations would have been a sprint to the podium for Jackson Powers Johnson. Brian Thomas Jr. was also considered as Chris Godwin enters the last year of his deal and Mike Evans is obviously in the twilight of his career. However, the depth at WR allows the team to wait until a later round to add a player to that group. Graham Barton from Duke is also an intriguing and position flexible iOL that could help the Bucs' 32nd for two straight years running game.

In the real draft I do not think Penix nor Nix will have been drafted up to this point. I'm wondering if these mid to late-20's spots will be highly coveted by a team trying to get back into the 1st to take one of them.

I do also think this could be an enticing spot for a trade to nab Brian Thomas Jr. I don't think these later drafting AFC teams can nor should they allow him into the hands of the Chiefs.

If the EDGE players (Chop and Latu) and interior offensive linemen are gone (JPJ and Graham Barton) I think the Bucs could trade this pick to a QB needy team or someone who wants to get in front of these other teams for that last elite tier WR.

Fake GM Grahamburn was offered a deal to trade this pick, and if this were RL it likely would have been taken.
Miami-21
Tampa-26

I feel both are prime for a trade down, multiple needs and could use an injection of talent in different areas,

Miami-21
Tampa-26

I feel both are prime for a trade down, multiple needs and could use an injection of talent in different areas,
I also would not be surprised if Tampa tries to move UP for Jackson Powers Johnson to put an end to their running game woes.

Buffalo Bills
1.28 Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas Longhorns

Great long ball and 50/50 ball guy.

@Ilov80s
I was going to send offer as like Brian Thomas more for Bills and liked you moving to 25 to get. But time is hard on these and no phone to pickup. Bed got the best of me. I knew I could drop back and pickup the OL I coveted

1.30 Baltimore Ravens

Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma

I was gonna go a different direction here, but Baltimore needs OL help. They lost both starting Gs and their RT, plus Ronnie Stanley at LT can't stay healthy. They have some "project" guys on the team, but they need more help.

“I think the draft aligns a little bit with our needs,” vice president Stephen Jones said. “I think the deepest position in this draft is offensive line. Every year, you’re wanting to bring young guys into the fold in terms of your offensive line depth and how we work that aligns very well with us.”

“Because of the depth at that position, there’s a pretty good chance we take an offensive lineman pretty high in this draft.”

1.24 Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon

There’s no questioning the play of Zach Martin and Tyler Smith who will slide to LT. Terence Steele is explosive and athletic moving to RT where we just have to hope he’s developed into a worthy bookend. They have Brock Hoffman at C, but he’s a weakness and just not the beast Powers-Johnson is. TJ Bass looks like a great pick from last year, so Powers-Johnson will line up next to his college teammate.That sounds like a good thing.

I’ll quote my favorite OL guru: Brandon Thorn:

Powers-Johnson is a quick-twitch, explosive and powerful run-blocker who equally excels in gap or zone concepts. He does a very good job of covering up, lifting and securing defensive tackles in the post on double-teams with jarring power on feeds to bump them over as the drive man.
Powers-Johnson can consistently line up his target on the move on back blocks, climbs and screens with very good speed and angles. He arrives on contact with jarring force and has the body control to stay attached to finish.
Powers-Johnson brings an enforcing, tone-setting demeanor with impact block ability. His upright playing style leaves his chest exposed, which long defensive tackles can gain quick access into to create stalemates.
In pass protection, Powers-Johnson is a loose, easy mover out of his stance to get to his landmarks against wide rush alignments. He has a stout, firm anchor to dissipate the bull rush quickly with active, alert eyes and bad intentions when looking for work, providing pocket-clearing blocks when uncovered. Powers-Johnson does need to harness his quickness out of his stance to prevent drifting and oversetting, particularly on further landmarks against wider rush alignments.

GRADE: 8.0 (Year 1 Starter — Late 1st/Early 2nd Round)
I actually thought this would be Chicago's pick.

1-31 SF 49ers

Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

Really wanted to go OT here, but Wiggins is my #3 rated CB and with Guyton being taken the pick before, not that excited about the tackles still on the board here.

Excellent coverage skills and elite speed. Only downside is his Devonta Smith like build, but at 6'1", he has the frame to put on some weight without sacrificing speed. This also allows Ambry Thomas to go back to a reserve role which he is better suited and to keep Lenoir at slot CB, where he excels. Mooney Ward is in the last year of his contract as well, and while I hope he stays, his price tag might be too high and having Wiggins will lessen the blow if he moves on.

I traded down with the hope that Wiggins would fall, but I had 4 guys I wanted and 3 are still there, so its fine. Wiggins was who I'd have taken if I'd stayed at #27 though.

With the 32nd pick of the draft the Arizona Cardinals select Ladd McConkey WR Georgia.

I probably like McConkey more than anyone else on this board and can very much argue him as the #4 WR in the draft. I think him, Thomas and Mitchell all come down to the type of WR you want, and I think McConkey compliments Harrison the best. I don't really know how a defense could defend a Harrison/McConkey/Wilson/McBride group. I thought about doubling up on OL with Barton or Frazier, but just couldn't resist adding another top WR.

McConkey may be the best WR in the draft at getting open quickly, he's also an elite RAC guy, and a surprisingly top notch blocker despite being under 190 pounds. The only real hole in his game is his lack of size prevents him from being a high point guy. I feel like he's at a minimum an Edelman level player, but he's got a lot more top end speed than he had. Also offers return ability.

This 1st round has been about surrounding Kyler Murray with playmakers and more time to find them. Defense is an issue sure, but they added at least 3 starters in FA, and while none of those guys are great players, they are upgrades from last season. I could see some thinking this is a reach, but I think its the missing piece to a potentially top offense.

1-31 SF 49ers

Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

Really wanted to go OT here, but Wiggins is my #3 rated CB and with Guyton being taken the pick before, not that excited about the tackles still on the board here.

Excellent coverage skills and elite speed. Only downside is his Devonta Smith like build, but at 6'1", he has the frame to put on some weight without sacrificing speed. This also allows Ambry Thomas to go back to a reserve role which he is better suited and to keep Lenoir at slot CB, where he excels. Mooney Ward is in the last year of his contract as well, and while I hope he stays, his price tag might be too high and having Wiggins will lessen the blow if he moves on.
I think Wiggins is the best cover guy in the draft, but he's not the playmaker DeJean or Mitchell are. Great pick for SF at #31 though.

I traded down with the hope that Wiggins would fall, but I had 4 guys I wanted and 3 are still there, so its fine. Wiggins was who I'd have taken if I'd stayed at #27 though.

With the 32nd pick of the draft the Arizona Cardinals select Ladd McConkey WR Georgia.

I probably like McConkey more than anyone else on this board and can very much argue him as the #4 WR in the draft. I think him, Thomas and Mitchell all come down to the type of WR you want, and I think McConkey compliments Harrison the best. I don't really know how a defense could defend a Harrison/McConkey/Wilson/McBride group. I thought about doubling up on OL with Barton or Frazier, but just couldn't resist adding another top WR.

McConkey may be the best WR in the draft at getting open quickly, he's also an elite RAC guy, and a surprisingly top notch blocker despite being under 190 pounds. The only real hole in his game is his lack of size prevents him from being a high point guy. I feel like he's at a minimum an Edelman level player, but he's got a lot more top end speed than he had. Also offers return ability.

This 1st round has been about surrounding Kyler Murray with playmakers and more time to find them. Defense is an issue sure, but they added at least 3 starters in FA, and while none of those guys are great players, they are upgrades from last season. I could see some thinking this is a reach, but I think its the missing piece to a potentially top offense.
If this happens with them adding both Harrison and McConkey, Kyler shoots into my top 5 QBs.

If this happens with them adding both Harrison and McConkey, Kyler shoots into my top 5 QBs.
Definitely building them to be a weekly shootout team.

1-31 SF 49ers

Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

He was the other player I was waffling on. My paranoia regarding OL broke the tie, but Baltimore's leadership is paranoid about having enough DBs so I could easily see them going the other way if these two players were there at #30.

With the 1st Pick of Round 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select ......Edge Chris Braswell, Alabama

Solid powerful frame 6'3" 255 lb, impressive speed to win off the edge and apply pressure to backfield (4.6 time 40)
--> Note: Panthers lost significant talent and defensive pressures this off season, this helps fill a major need on Def
Use of draft capital to fill the primary hole

Considerations: Would have taken Ladd McConkey, Georgia if he fell 1 more slot as WR is a need for the development of QB Bryce Young. McConkey would have paired well with newly acquired Dionte Johnson for offensive schemes and high volume of targets
All other WR are grouped together for #39 pick

LB Payton Wilson, NCSU – older player (24) with significant injury concern reminder of Dallas LB Leighton Vander Esch to retire
Edge Darius Robinson, Missouri – while powerful slow off line, limits pressures

ETA - If I listened to David Tepper, Xavier Worthy WR Texas would be selection

Last edited:
I think in the real world, NE's combined needs for QB, OT, and WR will incentivize them to trade up for OT after taking QB...and possibly also trade up to get WR (although they're not going to the SB this year so that's sketchy). I made a couple trade offers (excluding offering 2025 picks and JuJu Smith Loser, which would be more realistic) but nothing panned out....so the play here is obvious. Grab one of the best remaining OTs now and cherry pick WRs available later.

2-34 New England Patriots
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

Could have also gone Sumataia from BYU, who had better prospects going into college, but Morgan had better production and nfl readiness. Both are not long armed but you get what you get at the start of the second round.

Users who are viewing this thread