What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

I don't normally play H2H (stick to 50/50's) but played shooter early in the season in a $25 H2H (And I usually stick to $10 and $5 50/50s) and beat him. :shock:

Right now I am holding onto a seat (at 19), but will lose it when Gronkowski scores more than 8 points. I had a week for the ages winning everything under the sun. I bought 5 Super Qual seats to go with the two I won and right now am cashing with 4 of them. I also am winning a $270 tourney that pays $4K (and it does not look like I will be caught).

I have no one playing on Monday so need the dust to settle, but all told should win north of $16,000 this week.

Right now I am holding onto a seat (at 19), but will lose it when Gronkowski scores more than 8 points. I had a week for the ages winning everything under the sun. I bought 5 Super Qual seats to go with the two I won and right now am cashing with 4 of them. I also am winning a $270 tourney that pays $4K (and it does not look like I will be caught).

I have no one playing on Monday so need the dust to settle, but all told should win north of $16,000 this week.
Congrats David. I hope you make out like a bandit and score big.

That said, if you're going to focus on FD, isn't it time to hand over the FBG reigns to someone who will be focused on that on Sunday morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
kicking myself in the super qualifier last minute took out Jeffery and McCoy for marshall and tate. Would be at 153 with whatever Charles is going to end up with to go and an outside shot at trip but an almost sure payout to probably no payout. All on some last minute reads that they may delay the game until weather was better and thinking not many people would have marshall and wrs are higher upside than rbs typically. I think I should leave Sunday mornings some times haha.
I did the same thing. I would be at 170 right now in 10th place. I took out Calvin, Antonio, and Ben a hour before kickoff because of the weather. Oh well woulda, coulda, shoulda every week it can be said it just hurts a little more this time.

I feel the opposite of most stories. In the last few hours I changed probably 50 or so lineups, removing the bad weather guys (Mccown, Marshall, A.J. Green, Jeffrey, etc..) and putting in the likes of Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Mike Glennon and Vincent Jackson.

If Peyton and Moreno would have had solid games I would have won probably 90% of my entries yesterday. Unless Gronkowski has a HUGE night tonight, I'll still win around 75% and almost doubled my money.

Was a good day. Every week I seem to do well and every week I continue to feel like I get SO lucky. I honestly didn't think Brown and Jackson would have big days like that.

23 points out of the money in the big one

Still playing

Gore 14 percent

Lynch 16 percnt

Dawson 10 percent

Decker tonight 14 percent

A looooong shot....but a chance! Need some big 4th quarters
Can you post a link to the big contest? Interested to see what the Top 20 lineups look like, and what the total score required to win would have been.

TIA

If Gronk scores about 2.5 points tonight, I'll break even on the weekend. If he scores about 17ish, I'll end up doubling my money. If he scores like 27ish, I'll end up doing a tad better than doubling my money.

It's amazing what 1 guy can do to your week. Reed at TE was a killer for me. I didn't like Graham or Gronk for the money this week and ended up with Reed in a lot of contests. Hoping to break even and try again next week.

Can you post a link to the big contest? Interested to see what the Top 20 lineups look like, and what the total score required to win would have been.

TIA

Hopefully the Panthers can shut Gronk down. This little experiment is turning out quite nice. Good Luck!

It's amazing what 1 guy can do to your week. Reed at TE was a killer for me. I didn't like Graham or Gronk for the money this week and ended up with Reed in a lot of contests. Hoping to break even and try again next week.
Yeah, he was a killer, esp. at 40% ownership. Sort of the opposite of Megatron's 200 yardage game last week. If you had Reed, probably you weren't in the money; if you had almost any other TE, you stand a decent chance of being in the money. I diversified with Gates, Clay, G.Graham, VD, Jimmy, and Gronk. But not enough - Reed was my highest owned TE by percentage. Also had too much of Sproles, Charles, and Woodhead, and not enough of McCoy.

Depending on how Gronk, Cam, and Amendola do tonight, I could finish up or down by about 25% I'm estimating.

Isn't it amazing how the daily player's mentality can change so drastically from Sunday at 12:30pm to Sunday at 11:30pm? It's like that feeling in re-draft immediately after the draft when everyone thinks "my team is invincible!" to "my team suuuuuucks...." ... compressed into a single day, repeated week after week!

I also find it really stressful to keep an eye on the FanDuel "Live" games tab... with so many entries, it's basically meaningless. If you're in the money early, it's probably just because you have a concentration of 1pm players, and if you're out of the money, just more SNF and MNF. But the "in the money" is almost counter-intuitive... just because you're in the money doesn't mean you'll stay, and just because you're out doesn't mean you'll finish out.

Unless of course you're playing in the 1pm only games... which I find more intriguing simply for this reason now!

TIA

Hopefully the Panthers can shut Gronk down. This little experiment is turning out quite nice. Good Luck!
I'm rooting against this. Just did the math, if Gronk scores 20 points, I get a 247.5% return this week. 17 and I get a 204.5% return. A big game from him is big money for me :)

8 points still gets me a 132.5% return, which is nice, but a big game would basically put me back in the game after 2 losing weeks in a row.

My biggest problem has I always put my highest scoring lineups in the 50/50s next highest in triple ups and lowest in tournaments. I really need to get better at that

My biggest problem has I always put my highest scoring lineups in the 50/50s next highest in triple ups and lowest in tournaments. I really need to get better at that
My rule is I don't put a lineup in a h2h, double up, etc without also pairing it with a tourney. I had a team go off for 200+ in a double up and since then I always enter it into both.

If Gronk gets about 8.5 points I can salvage a little loss. If he gets at least 12 and Amendola gets at least 14 then I can at least break even. Bad week.

TIA
https://www.fanduel.com/contest/3007693/scoring

I am currently in 19th, but Gronkowski will likely push me out.
look at the last place team in the contest:

Grossman

Ray Graham

Gillislee

Stephen Williams

Michael Campbell

Drew Davis

Richie Brockel

Scobee

Texans

$200 for a chuckle I guess?

TIA

Grossman

Ray Graham

Gillislee

Stephen Williams

Michael Campbell

Drew Davis

Richie Brockel

Scobee

Texans

huh there are pages and pages of teams with the same position players who scored 0, can anyone explain this? is it some sort of thing done by the site to fill the entries?

TIA

Grossman

Ray Graham

Gillislee

Stephen Williams

Michael Campbell

Drew Davis

Richie Brockel

Scobee

Texans

huh there are pages and pages of teams with the same position players who scored 0, can anyone explain this? is it some sort of thing done by the site to fill the entries?
If you won a qualifier spot, I believe they set this as your default lineup.

Is the expectation for Thanksgiving that FanDuel will do a one-day NFL contest, as there is >1 game that day?
Yes, that was the case last year iirc.

It might be because it's >2 though. Otherwise, I'm not sure why they do not have SNF/MNF as a contest....they lump in the next TNF with those two for their Primetime contest. Although, that could just be a way for them to get alot of action on that TNF game? I don't know...

Has to be at least three games because you can only start four players from one team
4 teams in 2 games satisfy those requirements.

My bet is the Primetime gets stretched to Thursday so people will check on their team between Monday and Thursday and sign up for Thursday night contests.

Has to be at least three games because you can only start four players from one team
4 teams in 2 games satisfy those requirements.My bet is the Primetime gets stretched to Thursday so people will check on their team between Monday and Thursday and sign up for Thursday night contests.
You are obviously right. I don't know what I was thinking
Probably that 2 times 4 is 8.

I've yet to really dabble in the Primetime stuff, I might cast a line every so often, but just on gut and no huge research to it.

$60k contest

Keenum
Charles

McCoy

Torrey Smith

VJ

Cruz

Reed

Novak

Buffalo

A few big hits to make up for Reed getting a concussion and a Keenum benching (wtf lol). Won 80% of my H2H and cashed in most of the 5 or 10 man tourneys

I believe I saw one of their mods post once that they can't offer contests on fewer than 3 games. I assume that otherwise the amount of duplicated lineups would be insane.

I believe I saw one of their mods post once that they can't offer contests on fewer than 3 games. I assume that otherwise the amount of duplicated lineups would be insane.
If I remember correctly, there are also some federal laws that require at least 3 games to make something a game of skill. Ran into this when Delaware started offering 3 game parley bets on the NFL games.

If I remember correctly, there are also some federal laws that require at least 3 games to make something a game of skill. Ran into this when Delaware started offering 3 game parley bets on the NFL games.
Federal law requires at least two games. (It has nothing to do with chance or skill. It has to do with the word "multiple" in the revised statute.)

The Delaware thing is irrelevant, though. Betting on sports games (as opposed to individual statistical performances within sports games) over the internet is illegal under federal law no matter how many or how few games are involved; but as long as it's not done over the internet (or using other technological wizardry such as phones or fax machines), betting on sports games is perfectly legal under federal law no matter how many or how few games are involved.

Panicked over the weather and pulled antonio brown from just the big tourny - $500 opps.
Yeah, this probably cost me quite a bit too. For starters, I pulled McCown, Torrey Smith, and Josh Gordon. Oops. And then I subbed McCown mostly with Keenem. And I made up the difference with more Sproles. All in all the weather was so bad in Chicago that it forced the delay, until it was over, making it basically moot. And in Cinci and Pitt, it wasn't a factor. Thanks, Obama.

My rule is I don't put a lineup in a h2h, double up, etc without also pairing it with a tourney. I had a team go off for 200+ in a double up and since then I always enter it into both.
I had a similar problem although I took a different approach than the response. I use each line up in multiple formats...one in 50/50, one in either double, triple or quintuple up and then another in a 3-player or 5-player. Occasionally, I throw it into a 10-player but avoid almost all tournaments.

If that non called pass interference on Gronk had been a touchdown instead, it would've been an extra $270 in winnings for me.

Still a good week though, but just shy of great.

Taking a look at week 12 because I have to stop thinking about week 11. I like Andre, Forte, Brady, and Gronk. I think they will be on all my rosters and I suggest you put them on yours. Good luck everyone.

I typically enter only 50/50s, varying the lineups a bit to spread the risk, and this is the first week I lost every one. I was due, as my winning % had been 77% for the season up until last week, when I just broke even (and was lucky to do so), and then this week's mess. My strategy has been to generally go cheaper on QB and TE (i.e., Keenum and Reed) in order to load up at RB/WR, and I'll likely stick with that again this week, but will mix in more lineups with mid-tier QB/TE to see how those do.

Preliminary Week 12 lineup. Glennon, Thomas, Decker and Fleener will see the most variations in my lineup. The rest are pretty set.

Code:
QB Mike GlennonTB @ DETRB Zac StacySTL v CHIRB Pierre ThomasNO @ ATLWR Calvin JohnsonDET v TBWR Vincent JacksonTB @ DETWR Eric DeckerDEN @ NETE Coby FleenerIND @ ARIK Nick FolkNYJ @ BALD Tennessee TitansTEN @ OAK

I cashed under 25% of my 50/50s this week...easily my worst effort. Most of my lineups scored between 86 and 97 points. Missed a few cuts with a 107 and 110. I'm not sure if playing H2H would have made any significant difference, might have won a couple more. I'm also still trending better at 1pm Only contests.

The last two weeks have actually put me a little down on the season.

Ended up about 2-3% ahead, despite having Sproles, Charles, and Keenum in way too many lineups. I took an over-diversification route and had tons and tons of players, but my only concentrations were on the wrong ones.

Anyone having luck with pairing a solid QB and RB? I did it earlier in the season with Manning and Moreno, and this past week with Wilson and Lynch (and Seattle D in some places). That basically made up the difference for a few of those rosters sucking across the board with Charles, G.Tate, and Reed.

This week, Vereen is finally available, and reasonable cheap, and Sproles is even less at $5000. Might have to go back to the well on that one.

My best week ever. I won $18,095 to bring my winnings to $48,780 for the year.
Sounds like most of us around here had tougher weeks, making your prediction seem true... but you were able to have the best week EVAH? Props for going against your own prediction!
I had a pretty good week in a couple 109$ 50/50's and $109 H2H against people will low win records. I came out ahead even with having Keenum/Reed combo in a ton of lineups.

Preliminary Week 12 lineup. Glennon, Thomas, Decker and Fleener will see the most variations in my lineup. The rest are pretty set.

QB Mike GlennonTB @ DETRB Zac StacySTL v CHIRB Pierre ThomasNO @ ATLWR Calvin JohnsonDET v TBWR Vincent JacksonTB @ DETWR Eric DeckerDEN @ NETE Coby FleenerIND @ ARIK Nick FolkNYJ @ BALD Tennessee TitansTEN @ OAK
Looking at my lineups, your "mainstays" are pretty much mine. Thomas is huge value I think on Thurs, except you might have to worry about the other RBs (Cadet) getting carries with a big lead. I like Lacy's price this week vs. a poor MIN Def.

there are some pretty reasonable cheap WRs this week: Santonio Holmes, Kenny Stills, and maybe even Miles Austin at $4,500

Users who are viewing this thread