What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (2 Viewers)

You can't possibly be making money playing that many games every night.And if you are, it won't last.
While I don't think he'll keep winning, betting a lot of games is exactly how I make money. Good luck being selective and making money. The edges in all sports betting(excluding props) are very small, you need to bet a lot of games and constantly turn your money over.
An honest question. Why do you not think I'll keep winning? I highly doubt anybody can consistently hit 60%, but I see nothing to make me think this won't work every bit as good as anything anybody else is doing over here. Thoughts and comments are appreciated. My feeling is that most HOPE I don't keep winning. I'm listening.
Because you defend yourself by using the sample of 46 posted picks and then quote and 8-0 record in other sports. I'd think around 1,000 picks you could look back and see if you were a winner, and even then you're never really sure.I'd think that most in here hope that you are a winner, pretty good group of regulars in this thread and I can almost guarantee no one wants to see you lose. If you continue to win, people will follow your plays and make money, that's what everyone wants. It's just really hard.

tailing you guys on the pens/rags under.

6-team RR Pucks Parlay by 4s, 5s, 6:

NHL Hockey 1 Nashville Predators -150* vs Columbus Blue Jackets

NHL Hockey 4 Toronto Maple Leafs -165* vs Minnesota Wild

NHL Hockey 5 Boston Bruins -145* vs New Jersey Devils

NHL Hockey 7 Pittsburgh Penguins/New York Rangers Under 5 +105*

NHL Hockey 14 Winnipeg Jets -150* vs Buffalo Sabres

NHL Hockey 15 Detroit Red Wings -165* vs Phoenix Coyotes

'gussy said:
Flyers on the PL (-1 1/2)2012 Posted PicksCBB-28-18-1NFL-3-0NBA-5-5-1CFB-1-0NHL-4-0
Quick clarification, in case anybody cares, that Flyers pick is a 1/2 unit.Here are the games I'm playing tonight in CBB:1 UnitSamford +6S. Alabama -6 1/2Washington PICKN. Colorado +10 1/2Long Beach St. -2 (I bought the 1/2 point on this one)San Francisco +15Oregon St. -21/2 UnitCollege of Charleston -8 1/2Valpo -5 1/2Arkansas St. +14 1/2BYU -17 1/2WAZZU PICKSan Diego +4 1/2No real scientific rhyme or reason to the full unit vs. half unit plays outside of my comfort level and some leanings towards home plays, etc.2012 Posted PicksCBB-28-18-1NFL-3-0NBA-5-5-1CFB-1-0NHL-4-0
Is a parlay win counted as 1-0 or 2-0?
The only parlay's I've posted as picks were the two hockey picks. The 4-0 is 4 winners on two parlays.

You can't possibly be making money playing that many games every night.And if you are, it won't last.
While I don't think he'll keep winning, betting a lot of games is exactly how I make money. Good luck being selective and making money. The edges in all sports betting(excluding props) are very small, you need to bet a lot of games and constantly turn your money over.
An honest question. Why do you not think I'll keep winning? I highly doubt anybody can consistently hit 60%, but I see nothing to make me think this won't work every bit as good as anything anybody else is doing over here. Thoughts and comments are appreciated. My feeling is that most HOPE I don't keep winning. I'm listening.
Because you defend yourself by using the sample of 46 posted picks and then quote and 8-0 record in other sports. I'd think around 1,000 picks you could look back and see if you were a winner, and even then you're never really sure.I'd think that most in here hope that you are a winner, pretty good group of regulars in this thread and I can almost guarantee no one wants to see you lose. If you continue to win, people will follow your plays and make money, that's what everyone wants. It's just really hard.
Before this year I had never bet CBB outside of the tournament and had never bet NBA or NHL. Bet baseball one time when I was actually IN Vegas. I have only played football. I could tell you all that I think I'm pretty good at College FB, but I'm sure without a record nobody would believe me, which is fine. I don't have 1,000 picks unless I went back maybe 10 years in CFB. I would guess I shoot around 55% but I've never really kept track.

Before this year I had never bet CBB outside of the tournament and had never bet NBA or NHL. Bet baseball one time when I was actually IN Vegas. I have only played football. I could tell you all that I think I'm pretty good at College FB, but I'm sure without a record nobody would believe me, which is fine. I don't have 1,000 picks unless I went back maybe 10 years in CFB. I would guess I shoot around 55% but I've never really kept track.
A lot of people guess that they are around 55% until they start keeping track.

You can't possibly be making money playing that many games every night.

And if you are, it won't last.
Truth.

Seems like there are quite a few good hockey plays tonight, lol. :unsure: On the Wings and Bruins tonight.Maybe, Flyers -1.5Also, hard not to take Winnipeg who is solid at home against a Sabres team in total crap mode.
Damn, wish I would've realized the Sabres were playing back to back. THat's a nice play. Took the flyers 3-way line -140 and a flyers -200/under 5.5 parlay. GL

illinois -3 and team total o63.5

9 day layoff, surely that is enough to get over the letdown off the big win vs. ohio state

also are on top (by themselves) of the big 10...and have played 4 one point games against each other since 2008...gotta think coach weber keeps them focused here

Last edited by a moderator:
illinois -3 and team total o63.59 day layoff, surely that is enough to get over the letdown off the big win vs. ohio statealso are on top (by themselves) of the big 10...and have played 4 one point games against each other since 2008...gotta think coach weber keeps them focused here
PSU +3 1.5u :eek: for me

illinois -3 and team total o63.59 day layoff, surely that is enough to get over the letdown off the big win vs. ohio statealso are on top (by themselves) of the big 10...and have played 4 one point games against each other since 2008...gotta think coach weber keeps them focused here
2nd time (in a row, i think) we've squared off here :boxing:

That was it, the two minute warning did it. I muted the Lakers game because of the Miami Heat announcer in the background. I can't believe the guy, he thinks it's a cartoon.

2nd time (in a row, i think) we've squared off here :boxing:
If you continue to take public teams on the road in conference games on ESPN, it won't be the last time :)

And WE MOVE ON.

What are we doing for Utah/Dallas? I am thinking Utah at half, hoping they're down some. Dirk has looked like Kareem lumbering up and down the court...

Illinois at Penn State UNDER 126 - Mainly because I think Penn State will score in the 50s this game.
Going to try and middle this, taking over 66 2nd half.114 to 126
Oh man, you ####er, Garth. I love a middle (and tailed you). Just missed seeing this.
I couldn't pass up that 12 point target.Either way your under is safe!
Don't count those chickens. We've all been burned on unders by overtimes!

'The Ref said:
'The Ref said:
sabers under 29.5 -115 :thumbup: capitals under 28.5 -110 :thumbup:
Finaly back to even this year. Lets see if we can keep this rolling.7-6 -.2 Units.
OK men onward and upwardBruins U 31.5 2 unitsTor O 29.5 1 unit (-120)Phil O 32.5 1 unitCal U 28.5 1 unit
I :wub: you, getting hot.Going for the sweep with Calgary, so I'm doubling up on it.WHO'S WITH US??? :gang1:
Get on the Kings ML yo. Hurry up.

'The Ref said:
'The Ref said:
sabers under 29.5 -115 :thumbup: capitals under 28.5 -110 :thumbup:
Finaly back to even this year. Lets see if we can keep this rolling.7-6 -.2 Units.
OK men onward and upwardBruins U 31.5 2 unitsTor O 29.5 1 unit (-120)Phil O 32.5 1 unitCal U 28.5 1 unit
I :wub: you, getting hot.Going for the sweep with Calgary, so I'm doubling up on it.WHO'S WITH US??? :gang1:
With you Brah. Took out some Kings ML too. yeah i have been sick all week, it's time to crack a 10:30 beer.

#### it, in on Kings ML, GO KINGS GO!! GO KINGS GO!! GO KINGS GO!!

It IS my NHL team, btw, what the hell. :banned:

Never did say thanks to Lump for the Real Madrid over 2 1/2, by the way. Called the final score (2-1), flying to the over. :lmao:

Ref, don't celebrate yet, gb, hate that.

Not a hockey guy so excuse me, but Kings, with a goal lead, are still -185 for the game. Guess they are pretty much conceding a goal on the finish of these penalties.

And, oh, well goodness me, did everyone see what's coming up in a half hour? ANOTHER hooops game, this one on Oahu.

Hawaii lays 9 to LaTech. Any ideas???

#### it, in on Kings ML, GO KINGS GO!! GO KINGS GO!! GO KINGS GO!!It IS my NHL team, btw, what the hell. :banned:
3 shots OK with everyone? Anyone upset about the 3 Flames shots int he first period? PM me with any concerns.
I have some concerns. I keep pulling the ball to the left from long distances. Anytime I line up more than 12 yards downfield I can’t kick it in-between those two big yellow things. Any help?

'gussy said:
Flyers on the PL (-1 1/2)-Loss2012 Posted PicksCBB-28-18-1NFL-3-0NBA-5-5-1CFB-1-0NHL-4-0
Quick clarification, in case anybody cares, that Flyers pick is a 1/2 unit.Here are the games I'm playing tonight in CBB:1 UnitSamford +6-WINS. Alabama -6 1/2-LOSSWashington PICK-LOSSN. Colorado +10 1/2-LOSSLong Beach St. -2 (I bought the 1/2 point on this one)-WINSan Francisco +15-WINOregon St. -2-WIN1/2 UnitCollege of Charleston -8 1/2-LOSSValpo -5 1/2-WINArkansas St. +14 1/2-WINBYU -17 1/2-LOSSWAZZU PICK-WINSan Diego +4 1/2-WINNo real scientific rhyme or reason to the full unit vs. half unit plays outside of my comfort level and some leanings towards home plays, etc.2012 Posted PicksCBB-36-23-1NFL-3-0NBA-5-5-1CFB-1-0NHL-4-1

this worked out really well (GB Todd Bertuzzi and Jimmy Howard).only miss was a push on the Pens/Rangers under due to the empty net goal.

was ice cold for awhile and my account was down to my last bet this weekend. Then I hit an NFL parlay with the Pats/Giants, an NHL parlay last night, and now this.

hopefully get to put off reloading for awhile now.

glll to the Kings backers in here.

And WE MOVE ON.What are we doing for Utah/Dallas? I am thinking Utah at half, hoping they're down some. Dirk has looked like Kareem lumbering up and down the court...
Okay, taking Utah now. +4 and a comma for game instead of -2 1/2. Perfect. :banned:

this worked out really well (GB Todd Bertuzzi and Jimmy Howard).only miss was a push on the Pens/Rangers under due to the empty net goal.

was ice cold for awhile and my account was down to my last bet this weekend. Then I hit an NFL parlay with the Pats/Giants, an NHL parlay last night, and now this.

:thumbup: Nice job. I was on 4 of the 6. Missed out on the Preds and Leafs.

Very nice. I missed this earlier somehow. Keep em coming! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread