What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (1 Viewer)

Question: when ESPN's AccuScore runs their 10,000 game simulations, do they take injuries into account?

Timberwolves/Clippers, for example. Do you think their simulations reflect Paul being OUT?
Don't worry about that ####, here's all you need:Jan 20 NBA [819] MINNESOTA +180

Jan 20 NBA [820] TOTAL u191½-110 (MINNESOTA vrs LA CLIPPERS)

Jan 20 NBA [821] TOTAL o193-110 (INDIANA vrs GOLDEN STATE)

Jan 20 NBA [822] GOLDEN STATE EV

Risking 100 USD To Win 1620 USD
That Warriors game is interesting. I had the Pacers locked and loaded but held off.I really think there is going to be a great 2H opportunity in one of these games.
Dude, I couldn't tell you ONE thing about that game. I just clicked on the first boxes I could see before I got shut out. Completely random Friday night #### around. The under in the Clippers game is already done. Only reason I took that is cuz I had the over in the Warriors game. :lmao: WE MOVE ON.

Being serious for a minute. The Niners under. I have liked that since I saw the matchup. Missed a better line though, and now we're at 42. Am I wrong in thinking it's going even lower? I may take it now.

And I think JTG is right about that SF team total.

Being serious for a minute. The Niners under. I have liked that since I saw the matchup. Missed a better line though, and now we're at 42. Am I wrong in thinking it's going even lower? I may take it now. And I think JTG is right about that SF team total.
They are supposed to get 3 inches of rain and it's supposed to rain during the game. I think the field will be a disaster

Being serious for a minute. The Niners under. I have liked that since I saw the matchup. Missed a better line though, and now we're at 42. Am I wrong in thinking it's going even lower? I may take it now. And I think JTG is right about that SF team total.
They are supposed to get 3 inches of rain and it's supposed to rain during the game. I think the field will be a disaster
Yeah, I know, and I'm afraid the more they actually see it, the more that will bet the under. I like it with or without the weather and just want to get the best line I can get.

Well, I'm not the right guy to give advice about playing unders. However, I'm NOT playing the over in the game, which I suppose is tantamount to me endorsing the under. Sort of like when Pete Rose didn't bet on the Reds one night. Sure, it wasn't a bet ON his team, but that basically let his bookie know that the Reds' opponent that night was likely to win.No idea how I got onto Pete Rose... just rambling.Oh, yeah, Giants/Niners. Don't forget, a sloppy field favors a passing game. The receivers know where they are going... the DBs do not. And Eli doesn't need any more help the way he's been playing. Just play the NYG ML and be done with it. We are headed for a Giants/Pats SB rematch.

Well, I'm not the right guy to give advice about playing unders. However, I'm NOT playing the over in the game, which I suppose is tantamount to me endorsing the under. Sort of like when Pete Rose didn't bet on the Reds one night. Sure, it wasn't a bet ON his team, but that basically let his bookie know that the Reds' opponent that night was likely to win.No idea how I got onto Pete Rose... just rambling.Oh, yeah, Giants/Niners. Don't forget, a sloppy field favors a passing game. The receivers know where they are going... the DBs do not. And Eli doesn't need any more help the way he's been playing. Just play the NYG ML and be done with it. We are headed for a Giants/Pats SB rematch.
I got nothing on that NFC game. Can't figure it everytime I look at it. Any result wouldn't suprise me.My money is down on the Pats -7 for 4 units and i got 4 units each on the Patriots and Ravens TT.

Being serious for a minute. The Niners under. I have liked that since I saw the matchup. Missed a better line though, and now we're at 42. Am I wrong in thinking it's going even lower? I may take it now.

Well, I'm not the right guy to give advice about playing unders. However, I'm NOT playing the over in the game, which I suppose is tantamount to me endorsing the under. Sort of like when Pete Rose didn't bet on the Reds one night. Sure, it wasn't a bet ON his team, but that basically let his bookie know that the Reds' opponent that night was likely to win.No idea how I got onto Pete Rose... just rambling.

Oh, yeah, Giants/Niners. Don't forget, a sloppy field favors a passing game. The receivers know where they are going... the DBs do not. And Eli doesn't need any more help the way he's been playing. Just play the NYG ML and be done with it. We are headed for a Giants/Pats SB rematch.
That's not as true as people think.Agree on rematch.

Well, I'm not the right guy to give advice about playing unders. However, I'm NOT playing the over in the game, which I suppose is tantamount to me endorsing the under. Sort of like when Pete Rose didn't bet on the Reds one night. Sure, it wasn't a bet ON his team, but that basically let his bookie know that the Reds' opponent that night was likely to win.No idea how I got onto Pete Rose... just rambling.

Oh, yeah, Giants/Niners. Don't forget, a sloppy field favors a passing game. The receivers know where they are going... the DBs do not. And Eli doesn't need any more help the way he's been playing. Just play the NYG ML and be done with it. We are headed for a Giants/Pats SB rematch.
Hmmmm... who should I believe? Super Bowl-winning quarterback Eli Manning or SONNY FROM THE INTERNET?
"I think I'm fine throwing it in the rain," Manning said. "It's not something I worry about. I've always felt the offense has an advantage throwing the ball, especially. The receivers have an advantage when the ground is wet, because they know where they're going and what they're doing. They should be able to come out of their breaks a little bit better. We shouldn't be the ones slipping. It's usually the defensive side that slips."
http://www.lohud.com/usatoday/article/52700112?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s ;)

Hmmmm... who should I believe? Super Bowl-winning quarterback Eli Manning or SONNY FROM THE INTERNET?
"I think I'm fine throwing it in the rain," Manning said. "It's not something I worry about. I've always felt the offense has an advantage throwing the ball, especially. The receivers have an advantage when the ground is wet, because they know where they're going and what they're doing. They should be able to come out of their breaks a little bit better. We shouldn't be the ones slipping. It's usually the defensive side that slips."
http://www.lohud.com/usatoday/article/52700112?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s ;)
Or maybe try statistics. But if Gomer is your guy, go with it. :whistle:

Or maybe try statistics. But if Gomer is your guy, go with it. :whistle:
Don't even want to tell you how much "Gomer's" Hail Mary saved me last week. I owe him big.

'Raider Nation said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Early pucks Sat:Flyers -107Rangers +155glllllllll
My buddy the puckhead loves the Leafs tomorrow. Montreal played last night... losing in OT to boot.Might just parlay the Wings/Blues/Leafs. That whole parlay is basically just a bet on the Leafs.
I have a Yotes/Leafs parlay later FWIW

Does hometown hero Lleyton Hewitt have a prayer against Raonic?He is catching +300. Match starts at 4:15 am EST.
Want to like that price but I just don't see it. I bit on Hewitt's price the other night and got lucky, with the Roddick injury. Not this time.Can't believe you didn't jump on Minnie...AT LEAST at half you should've, like you said you were gonna do.NOthing left to play. Wish I could bet on the Hoffmans entire outfit finding less gold than Parker SCHNABEL. :lmao:Also would like a prop on Dakotah Fred crying or not. What an incredible doosh. I hope he gets eaten by a grizzly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe you didn't jump on Minnie...AT LEAST at half you should've, like you said you were gonna do.
I don't play teams at halftime simply because they are behind. Minnesota looked awful in the first half. They gave no indication they felt like playing tonight. I like 2H plays where the better team caught a few bad breaks in the 1H and they happen to be trailing as a result.

Can't believe you didn't jump on Minnie...AT LEAST at half you should've, like you said you were gonna do.
I don't play teams at halftime simply because they are behind. Minnesota looked awful in the first half. They gave no indication they felt like playing tonight. I like 2H plays where the better team caught a few bad breaks in the 1H and they happen to be trailing as a result.
WHA? The Lakers are the team that gave no indication. The T-wolves just couldn't get anything going early, while the Clippers did. Minnie played hard, that's why they won.

'BRONG said:
'tjnc09 said:
'BRONG said:
Yeah, I know, and I'm afraid the more they actually see it, the more that will bet the under. I like it with or without the weather and just want to get the best line I can get.
I like the under at half the more I think about it. Both teams will have to try to establish the run but neither will be able to. The SF pass rush should contain Eli well in the 1st half and the 49ers just won't score. Each team will be faced with a bunch of 3rd and longs. The 2nd half will probably have teams throwing more especially if 1 is behind from a pick six and I think both will abandon the run even if it is Pouring. I see a 10-7 1st half.

Adding on the sf/ny unders. The bad weather also slows down the pass rush, giving more time to the QBs to find the open receivers. Then you have to worry about fumbleitis in the rain. I was expecting 38/39 o/u and when I first seen 43 I almost loaded up on the under but the weather now has me rethinking.the whole thing.

Looking at a heat and flyers parlay today.

Michigan State -7

Purdue had serious travel problems last night due to weather. They didn't make it last night. Canceled hotel and are going straight to Breslin Center sometime this morning.

Razzle Dazzle Systomatic 3000 Funktrain Picks:

Vandy +5

NC State -17

LouisMonroe +10.5

USC +7

Washington St. -1

:sizzle:
scratch WSU
The RDS3F is following these closely today:Rut +

Pur +

WKen -

haven't pulled the trigger, yet. Waiting on a call from our shaman.

:moonwalk:
1u Rutgers +9.5 for meWKU would be a multiple unit play if the line doesn't reverse.

St. Bonaventure -14 could be a play too now, but I'm not a fan of taking huge favorites.

Alright, let's get after this and make some coin today. Here's the early games, much more to come:

Full Unit's

Detroit -11 1/2-WIN

SMU +13-LOSS

Delaware +5-WIN

Georgia -3 1/2

Washington -4 1/2

Wyoming -5 1/2

Columbia -3 1/2

The Citadel +23

Rice -1

Denver -5

1/2 Unit's

Miami, O +10-WIN

Wofford +1 1/2

Northeastern +9

Illinois St. +3

Air Force +11 1/2

CS Fullerton +3

2012 Posted Picks

CBB-39-24-1

NFL-3-0

NBA-5-5-1

CFB-1-0

NHL-4-2

Last edited by a moderator:

Vandy +5

NC State -17

LouisMonroe +10.5

USC +7

Washington St. -1

scratch WSU

Pur +

WKen -

1u Rutgers +9.5 for meWKU would be a multiple unit play if the line doesn't reverse.

St. Bonaventure -14 could be a play too now, but I'm not a fan of taking huge favorites.
I scratched the boilers. Line moved back. Almost scratched rutgers too.

Vandy +5

NC State -17

LouisMonroe +10.5

USC +7

Washington St. -1

scratch WSU

Pur +

WKen -

Huh? Purdue went down to +7.5

Curious to hear what nittanylions has to say about vandy +5 @ bama. Line doesn't look right to me(thought it should be closer to a pickem or vandy slight favs). When things look like this, i almost always go opposite george. I do like Austin peay(fade of siu edwardsville), Valparaiso (fade of lousy loyola chicago).
:bag: :hangsheadinshame :bag: - I owed you guys a winner, BIG TIME, and got tied up with my fiancee's 8 year old son's vision therapy appointment, and didn't get back in time to post before tipoff of Vandy (+6) @ Alabama. I backed Vandy for a larger than average wager, but nowhere near enough to cover the losses, especially after the Miss. St. at Ole Miss, well...MISS...and what a miss it was, hence the caps. Also, since I didn't post prior to tipoff, it can't count, so my record falls from 3-7 to 3-9 after an abysmal Wednesday night.I'm at a complete loss as to how I'm coming out on the wrong end of these plays, because I'm putting in the work. I tried to put out plenty of cautions early on for people not to tail for more than minimal plays unless I started consistently heading in one direction or another (Kudos to BRONG, I think for double fading me Tuesday). Right now, it would appear to be fade time.Wednesday, Tennessee should have manhandled Georgia. Not only are they playing tough as nails under Cuonzo Martin, but this Jarnell Stokes kid they just added is a monster. Georgia is one of the smallest, least talented, and most shallow teams in the SEC. They got back their biggest player, Marcus Thornton, for the Tennessee game, who'd been out since mid-December after a knee surgery. Kid logs 23 minutes, with no stats to speak of, but he had a huge impact making life difficult in the paint for the Vols, and making the other guys on the floor better when he was out there. Inexplicable. Bulldogs/Rebels was even worse. Coach Stansbury and the Bulldogs absolutely OWN Ole Miss, winning 6 straight and 20 of 27 over his tenure. They got Murphy Holloway in foul trouble early, which is one piece of a very predictable formula to beating the Rebels, but his backup came off the bench to have the best game of his career, 7 points/7 boards in 19 minutes. Ole Miss' Reginald Buckner is a defensive stalwart, but, against arguably the 2nd best frontcourt in the SEC he goes off for 19 points and 15 boards...I mean, this guy looked like the preacher's kid in Hoosiers. Ole Miss is a horrendous FG% team, yet they shot over 50% Wednesday night...and that F'ing Dee Bost, just when it looked like his shooting touch was coming in out of the cold, he puts up a 4-15 night.No reason to have faith in me at this point, but I am BIG on Kentucky to start off the day -10 hosting Alabama.Bama is traveling on short rest after getting hammered by Vandy Thursday. Kentucky last played Wednesday in a home game crushing of Arkansas. Let's get this one under the belt, and see if I can't find some more winners later.Good Luck!!!

Vandy +5

NC State -17

LouisMonroe +10.5

USC +7

Washington St. -1

scratch WSU

Pur +

WKen -

saw 8 at end. :shrug:

Vandy +5

NC State -17

LouisMonroe +10.5

USC +7

Washington St. -1

scratch WSU

Pur +

WKen -

saw 8 at end. :shrug:
Wow, Pinny did end up at +8. It must have been when I was booking Purdue. It's all good, no worse than a 50/50 side.

mizzou/baylor over 149.5 1 unit

I'm following the steam here.

*- As a psa I'll just let everyone know that I had a losing year last season in cbb. Lost almost 1/2 of what I won on football in 2010 on cbb last season.

mizzou/baylor over 149.5 1 unitI'm following the steam here.*- As a psa I'll just let everyone know that I had a losing year last season in cbb. Lost almost 1/2 of what I won on football in 2010 on cbb last season.
I am probably not going to bet the under, but I dont understand why this total is so high...Baylor's totals are usually in the low 130's I think. I know Mizzou speeds you up, but not like they used to...

No play for me on SC @ Auburn, bmj has the SC side, and he's right much more often than I am, but nothing I'm looking at indicates South Carolina can have any success as a road favorite...

2PM: #19 Michigan @ Arkansas: Small play on the Hogs here. Bud Walton is an incredibly tough place to play, and Michigan coming off a HUGE victory over Michigan State. These two match up much better than Arkansas did with Kentucky...

Fab Melo out for the 'Cuse tonight. Put a half unit on Notre Dame +350 at home. They do have a past history of taking down number 1's.

Users who are viewing this thread