What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFL - owners quitting due to NFL Boycott (1 Viewer)

Update?  No way i would ever let those guys back in.  You should remind them that they are screwing their friends not the NFL.  What complete DB.  Oh and you should definitely give a team to Tim.  

Update?  No way i would ever let those guys back in.  You should remind them that they are screwing their friends not the NFL.  What complete DB.  Oh and you should definitely give a team to Tim.  
Right. Their actions in no way impact the NFL. It only impacts their league-mates. IT's actually comical that this is the stand they take against whatever the heck they are taking a stand against. 

The overlap of fake outrage over this and the war on Christmas is almost identical.  Same folks, same phony outrage.  Just adults being silly.

I had two owners decide to boycott the NFL and by extension FFL. The political situation drove them to this decision. Are there other FBG's in this situation?  It's a 12 team redraft. Should we simply drop the two teams and release their rosters to waivers or try to replace?

Does anyone have an opinion on how to handle these guys?  It's a friends league so not looking for nuclear option  
Send the snowflakes this.

Just wanted to add that at one time I had Rae Carruth on my team. Later I had Aaron Hernandez on my team. In my defense I later dropped both of them for players that were not in jail.

Nothing wrong with a boycott if it makes sense.  Benching your whole FF team or quitting FF mid-season is a strange way to boycott since it accomplishes nothing but screwing over your league mates/friends.  Idiots. 

Just wanted to add that at one time I had Rae Carruth on my team. Later I had Aaron Hernandez on my team. In my defense I later dropped both of them for players that were not in jail.
Heck, I kept Vick on my dynasty team while he was in jail.  

Good Posting Judge said:
Kneeling in silent protest. If Wendell Smallwood was out here setting a flag on fire during the anthem, or Chandler Jones was literally pooping on the field, I could kind of see their point. (even though it's not as bad as hitting your kid or beating up women).

Kneeling.
Can you be both uppity AND down on a knee?

General Malaise said:
The overlap of fake outrage over this and the war on Christmas is almost identical.  Same folks, same phony outrage.  Just adults being silly.
If silly means insufferable hypodoosh.

NFL2DF said:
:lmao:

I'd give them a 24-48 hour cooling off period. If they still have chapped sphincters then good riddance. 

You should definitely make sure the other 10 owners talk lots of #### in your group text in the meantime. 
Just let us lefty liberal* snowflakes have access to the league message board

(be forewarned, as this apparently is a group that now encompasses moderate dems, independents, libertarians, traditional conservatives and anyone to the left of Pol Pot)

TheFanatic said:
Isn't sports where we go to find refuge from all the crap in our lives we don't want to deal with. I really hate that all this is intruding on my mindless time. Where I can just enjoy myself and not think about the problems of the world. I mean I already have three of my kids trained to say, "Dad's watching the game. Let's leave him alone and go play downstairs."
So skip the first 5 minutes of the game, and don't watch much sportcenter. :shrug:

TheFanatic said:
Isn't sports where we go to find refuge from all the crap in our lives we don't want to deal with. I really hate that all this is intruding on my mindless time. Where I can just enjoy myself and not think about the problems of the world. I mean I already have three of my kids trained to say, "Dad's watching the game. Let's leave him alone and go play downstairs."

yeah, i really don't get this at all. Maybe i am not watching every game close enough, but it really consumes maybe 2 minutes of a game. It isn't like they play the anthem throughout the game. I think anybody who feels this is too much, i think stepping away from the media hype and the ESPN stuff is probably a more effective step. Watching an NFL game itself (not an pre-game thing or anything) and i honestly have no idea what the teams did of most of the games i watched, outside of reading/seeing it on something outside of the game. I think NFL has handled fine

yeah, i really don't get this at all. Maybe i am not watching every game close enough, but it really consumes maybe 2 minutes of a game. It isn't like they play the anthem throughout the game. I think anybody who feels this is too much, i think stepping away from the media hype and the ESPN stuff is probably a more effective step. Watching an NFL game itself (not an pre-game thing or anything) and i honestly have no idea what the teams did of most of the games i watched, outside of reading/seeing it on something outside of the game. I think NFL has handled fine
:goodpost:  I comletly disagree with some of these idiots but I have not quit watching sports altogether due to an idiot that played it.  Let's try to get a grip here people. 

So skip the first 5 minutes of the game, and don't watch much sportcenter. :shrug:

It goes beyond the first two minutes of the game because here we are, talking about this crap. It's on the news, it's all over social media. It's on the radio. I want to watch and talk sports to get away from this stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread