What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FOR THE RECORD (1 Viewer)

Jedimaster21

Footballguy
Obviously, on this message board we all throw our opinions out there quite a bit. That is what makes it so entertaining and enjoyable. I wanted to start a thread for anyone who wants to state their opinions on players, and just get them on record. Put your predictions out there, bold or not, and see what happens. You can include controversial players, rookies, team success, etc. There have been similar threads before, but I thought it was time for a fresh one.

1. Joseph Addai will never get 325 carries in a season. He is best when splitting time and will continue to have a similar role for the rest of his career.

2. MJD will be top 5 fantasy back for multiple years. As Fred ages, MJD will become the featured runner there, getting the majority of the carries, at least 50 catches, and all the goal line work. It may not be in 2008, but his future looks very bright. I currently have MJD ranked as my #3 dynasty RB.

3. Marion Barber will become the feature back for the Cowboys. They won't bring in anyone to seriously compete with him for carries, and he will be a #1 fantasy back next year.

4. The Philadelphia Eagles will win their division next year (this one could be a homer call).

super bowl :

patriots 41

seahawks 17

although seattle is not better than eagles next year they play in a much easier division . seahawks get homefield through playoffs with 11-5 record and beat philly in nfc title game .

patriots finish the buisiness this year .

week 17 the patriots rest all of their starters to take 3rd loss into the playoffs .

Detroit 08 worst record in NFL, despite Miami & Oakland.

Cleveland makes playoffs...with Brady Quinn.

Pittsburg, does not.

Reggie Bush rushes for 1,000 yards, ADP rushes for 2,000, and the Texans and Saints make the play-offs. Minny will not as long as T. Jackson is the starter in '08.

Reggie Bush rushes for 1,000 yards, ADP rushes for 2,000, and the Texans and Saints make the play-offs. Minny will not as long as T. Jackson is the starter in '08.
My prediction: If ADP rushes for 2,000, Minny will make the playoffs despite T. Jackson as their starter.

The Saints will move Reggie Bush to WR and give Pierre Thomas the load. Colston and Bush at WR....yummmm (wishful thinking?)

Tennessee will finish with double digit losses. Their bread and butter in 07 was on the lines, they've lost five players from those lines so far in FA.

1. Joseph Addai will never get 325 carries in a season. He is best when splitting time and will continue to have a similar role for the rest of his career. 2. MJD will be top 5 fantasy back for multiple years. As Fred ages, MJD will become the featured runner there, getting the majority of the carries, at least 50 catches, and all the goal line work. It may not be in 2008, but his future looks very bright. I currently have MJD ranked as my #3 dynasty RB. 3. Marion Barber will become the feature back for the Cowboys. They won't bring in anyone to seriously compete with him for carries, and he will be a #1 fantasy back next year.4. The Philadelphia Eagles will win their division next year (this one could be a homer call).
All of Jedimaster21's predictions will be wrong :ptts:

Playoff teams:

AFC

(1)Indy

(2)SD

(3) NE

(4) Clev

(5) Jax

(6) Pitt

NFC

(1) Dallas

(2) NO

(3) Minny

(4) Seattle

(5) NYG

(6) Carolina

Superbowl XLIII - SD vs Dallas

1. Joseph Addai will never get 325 carries in a season. He is best when splitting time and will continue to have a similar role for the rest of his career. 2. MJD will be top 5 fantasy back for multiple years. As Fred ages, MJD will become the featured runner there, getting the majority of the carries, at least 50 catches, and all the goal line work. It may not be in 2008, but his future looks very bright. I currently have MJD ranked as my #3 dynasty RB. 3. Marion Barber will become the feature back for the Cowboys. They won't bring in anyone to seriously compete with him for carries, and he will be a #1 fantasy back next year.4. The Philadelphia Eagles will win their division next year (this one could be a homer call).
All of Jedimaster21's predictions will be wrong :wall:
How did I know this was coming, rather than your own predictions...wait, let me help you...here are some of your greatest hits from the past...1. Foster will be a top back in the NFL.2. Lynch will be a better player than Peterson.3. Addai will get at least 360 carries and 2000 total yards in 2007.4. DeAngelo won't take the starting job from Foster. :hifive: Keep them coming, Switz...

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Brandon Marshall will totally dominate and be a top 5 FF WR.

2. Vince Young will continue sucking and Tennessee will flounder, finishing dead last.

3. Miami will still be the worst. Followed closely by Oak, Chi and Wash. Who'd I miss?

4. Martz will continue to be called some sort of genius even though SF will suck at passing the ball.

I'll let you know on the rookies after the draft. To make any prediction now is ridiculous.

1. Joseph Addai will never get 325 carries in a season. He is best when splitting time and will continue to have a similar role for the rest of his career.

2. MJD will be top 5 fantasy back for multiple years. As Fred ages, MJD will become the featured runner there, getting the majority of the carries, at least 50 catches, and all the goal line work. It may not be in 2008, but his future looks very bright. I currently have MJD ranked as my #3 dynasty RB.

3. Marion Barber will become the feature back for the Cowboys. They won't bring in anyone to seriously compete with him for carries, and he will be a #1 fantasy back next year.

4. The Philadelphia Eagles will win their division next year (this one could be a homer call).
All of Jedimaster21's predictions will be wrong :lmao:
How did I know this was coming, rather than your own predictions...wait, let me help you...1. Foster will be a top back in the NFL.

2. Lynch will be a better player than Peterson.

3. Addai will get at least 360 carries and 2000 total yards in 2008.

4. DeAngelo won't take the starting job from Foster.

:shrug: Keep them coming, Switz...
Lynch will be a better fantasy back in 2008, maybe slightly less numbers but more consistant on a weekly basis.

St Louis Rams get some O line help in the draft, some Def help in the later rounds and finally stay healthy enough to make a run deep into the playoffs.

Steve Smith leads the NFL in receiving

Mendenhall is rookie of the year

A. Peterson misses at least 8 games with injury

Mation Barber almost gets to 20 TDS

Jedimaster21 said:
switz said:
Jedimaster21 said:

How did I know this was coming, rather than your own predictions...wait, let me help you...1. Foster will be a top back in the NFL.

:lmao: Keep them coming, Switz...
Um news flash buddy......Foster is in SF not Car

Tackling Dummies said:
Pictus Cat said:
Detroit 08 worst record in NFL, despite Miami & Oakland.Cleveland makes playoffs...with Brady Quinn.Pittsburg, does not.
You do realize that they're not playing that weak ### schedule they had last year, right?
Ya, you're right, teams NEVER get better or worse year to year.

Jedimaster21 said:
switz said:
Jedimaster21 said:
All of Jedimaster21's predictions will be wrong ;)
How did I know this was coming, rather than your own predictions...wait, let me help you...1. Foster will be a top back in the NFL.2. Lynch will be a better player than Peterson.3. Addai will get at least 360 carries and 2000 total yards in 2008.4. DeAngelo won't take the starting job from Foster. :thumbup: Keep them coming, Switz...
Oh, sorry... didn't realize you couldn't take a joke :confused: 1. Lynch will have a better NFL career than Peterson, as he is more well rounded, and has fewer durability issues2. Addai will STILL be a top-5 fantasy RB3. Panther fans will not be happy with DeAngelo Williams after 20084. Jonathon Stewart will NOT be the best RB out of the 2008 class5. Reggie Bush will finally "get it" in 20086. Tom Brady will not be the #1 fantasy QB in 2008

Jedimaster21 said:
switz said:
Jedimaster21 said:

All of Jedimaster21's predictions will be wrong :thumbup:

:confused: Keep them coming, Switz...
It was a poke at me, as I maintained that Williams wouldn't be the starter as long as Foster was in CAR

Jedimaster21 said:
switz said:
Jedimaster21 said:

All of Jedimaster21's predictions will be wrong :thumbup:

:confused: Keep them coming, Switz...
Yeah, I know that. I was actually listing former predictions/opinions by Switz, just to respond to his post on my predictions. I should have been a little more clear, and I changed the original post so it is a little easier to understand. DeAngelo did take the job from Foster due to the fact that he is now the starter and Foster was cut.

Jedimaster21 said:
switz said:
Jedimaster21 said:
How did I know this was coming, rather than your own predictions...wait, let me help you...1. Foster will be a top back in the NFL.2. Lynch will be a better player than Peterson.3. Addai will get at least 360 carries and 2000 total yards in 2008.4. DeAngelo won't take the starting job from Foster. :lmao: Keep them coming, Switz...
Oh, sorry... didn't realize you couldn't take a joke :excited: 1. Lynch will have a better NFL career than Peterson, as he is more well rounded, and has fewer durability issues2. Addai will STILL be a top-5 fantasy RB3. Panther fans will not be happy with DeAngelo Williams after 20084. Jonathon Stewart will NOT be the best RB out of the 2008 class5. Reggie Bush will finally "get it" in 20086. Tom Brady will not be the #1 fantasy QB in 2008
I didn't mean to come across as defensive. But you have to know that I am going to throw a few things at you with that response, especially with our history of having different opinions on players. I do, however, respect the thought you put into your posts, even if I do happen to disagree. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
zanti8 said:
super bowl :patriots 41seahawks 17although seattle is not better than eagles next year they play in a much easier division . seahawks get homefield through playoffs with 11-5 record and beat philly in nfc title game .patriots finish the buisiness this year . week 17 the patriots rest all of their starters to take 3rd loss into the playoffs .
Obvious Mercury Morris Alias. :popcorn:

DeAngelo Williams has over 1600 total yards next season.

Dwayne Bowe and Marshawn Lynch outproduce Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson

Santonio Holmes becomes the featured target in Pittsburgh and finishes as a top-5 WR.

Robert Meachem - 50 catches and 5 TDs

D.J. Hackett = top 10 WR (if he remains in Seattle)

Jason Campbell throws 22 TDs

Jamal Lewis = Top 5 RB

KC goes 3-13, and is the worst team in the league

Matt Leinart regains starting job and throws for 3K Yards

Ryan Grant falls back to earth somewhat, and Brandon Jackson gets at least 150 carries as Grant slumps and is injured.

The Seahawks win the NFC West @ 7-9 -- not a typo lol

Rudi Johnson rebounds back to run for 1300 yards and at least TDs

Playoff teams

AFC

Pats

Browns

Colts

Chargers

Jags

Bills

NFC

Cowboys

Vikings

Saints

Seahawks

Giants

Packers

Super Bow

Colts over Cowboys

Fun thread...My 2007 predictions were way off but here's 2008...BTW Giants homer

1. Marion Barber is the top RB in the NFL going over 2000 yards rushing just missing Dickerson's record

2. All 4 AFC East teams will have a shot at winning the division as late as week 14

3.Aaron Rodgers leads the Green Bay Packers to a 12-4 record and division title.

4. Matt Ryan becomes a household name as he leads the Atlanta Falcons to the NFC Championship game

5. The New York Giants defeat the San Diego Chargers in the Superbowl (okay homer pick)

The NFL Network continues to be a million times better than ESPN

KC goes 3-13, and is the worst team in the leagueMatt Leinart regains starting job and throws for 3K YardsRyan Grant falls back to earth somewhat, and Brandon Jackson gets at least 150 carries as Grant slumps and is injured.The Seahawks win the NFC West @ 7-9 -- not a typo lolRudi Johnson rebounds back to run for 1300 yards and at least TDsPlayoff teamsAFCPatsBrownsColtsChargersJagsBillsNFCCowboysVikingsSaintsSeahawksGiantsPackersSuper BowColts over Cowboys
Wow, Cleveland. Someone else said the same thing. Forgot who that was? :shrug:

Dolphins: 8-8

Chris Henry: over 1k total yards

Brady Quinn: starting by week 8, plays well in FF but throws too many INTs to quiet his qritics.

Denver: playoffs

Javon Walker: flashes his talent for 6 games, finishes with under 1k yards

Michael Turner: less than 60% of Atlanta's RB touches

Six QBs drafted in 2007 start at least 4 games. Four play well enough to be the stated starter in 2009.

Jacksonville Jaguars will beat the Dallas Cowboys to win the Super Bowl.

homer prediction: TJ will bounce back with 1300+ yds and 8 TDs. (no DMac)

D. Anderson = one year wonder/flash in the pan. throws 15 ints by week 7

Chad Pennington leads NYJ to the playoffs as a wildcard.

Jets draft D. McFadden and he goes on to rush for 1300 yards and 12 tds.

Redskins still suck.

Brady gets hurt, misses 8+ games.

Buffalo wins the AFC East.

Chicago sucks even more than the Redskins.

D.Sproles rushes for 1200 yards filling in for the injured L.Tomlinson

Phil Rivers = top 5 QB

Ted Ginn, Jr catches 75 balls

Kellen Winslow, Jr has another surgery

Patriots finish 6-10

Fred Taylor rips off another 1300 yard season with 10+ tds..

Andre Johnson approaches 20TDs this season..

Denver's opening day starting RB will lose the job by week 3.

Alex Smith looks like a deer in the headlights in Mike Martz's 'system' and gets benched.

Dexter Manley gets arrested, again.

Favre un-retires in October, and plays with a team other than GB.

Emmitt Smith continues to struggle with the English language, continues to say teams got 'debacled' and uses the word 'boaf' a lot, as in 'we boaf in the hall of fame'. He quits ESPN to make a new dance reality show with Danny Terio.

Troy Aikman continues to be a Dallas homer while announcing Cowboys' games.

1. MBIII will start out the year on fire, only to fade so bad the last 8 weeks that talking heads will be talking about the Cowboys need to draft a true feature back 2009. MBIII will however remain an elite fantasy option if the Cowboys keep him under 17-18 carries a game.

2. Hill will be the starter for the 49rs, throwing 21 TDs and 16 INT's

3. Jason Campbell will be a top ten QB in 2008

4. A tough sked and lack of focus will keep a very talented but distracted Romo from being a top ten QB this year

4. Jay Cutler will be on a short leash in Denver by mid season

5. Beck will win the starting QB job in Miami

6. RB Maroney will not rank in the top 15 by years end

7. Reggie Bush will be religated to third down duties and Kick returns and still finish top 10 in PPR leagues.

8. Sidney Rice will out perform Berrian in 2008 by a big margin

9. The starting RB for Denver in 2008 is not even on the roster yet

10. The Cards will have a top ten Defense this year and win the very weak NFC west

11. The Bears will draft QB Joe Flacco in the second round of the 2008 draft

12. The Bears will Draft RB Tashard Choice in the third round of the 2008 draft

13. "Benson will lead the way" will change his penn name to "The Choice"

Users who are viewing this thread