What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Jackson (1 Viewer)

C-Bound

Footballguy
So suddenly Buffalo can win if they commit to the run. Can the Bills Oline sustain a successful running game? If not, can Jackson still put up lots of points with receptions? How long will Spiller be out and what will be his role when he comes back? Jackson's schedule is pretty tough but I'd think he can be successful if they stick with him...What thinks you?

I have to agree with the guy who asked if they play the Lions every week.I just traded FJAX away so maybe I'm biased, but watching the highlights that was some pathetic tackling by the Lions and FJAX didn't look explosive at all.
Might I ask what you got in return for Jackson? Was it a 1 for 1 swap?
Auction Dynasty League ($100 cap)Guy had no RB3 to speak of and has a mancrush on Brandon Pettigrew (he drafted him in the rookie draft then cut him prematurely and can't let it go)

Traded Fred Jackson $4/2010 and Pettigrew $1/FA for Heath Miller $1/2012 and his first round pick in the 2011 Rookie Draft, which will probably be in the 8-12 range...

Fitzpatrick doesnt throw to his RBs as much as Edwards did. Jackson is a good backup to have or a decent flex guy, but I would not start him week to week in PPR

Not to give away subscriber content, but Dodds has him wayyyyyyy up the list of RBs this week in PPR. :blackdot:

I plan to play him at my flex this week.

Not to give away subscriber content, but Dodds has him wayyyyyyy up the list of RBs this week in PPR. :unsure:I plan to play him at my flex this week.
:lmao: Dont like to split hairs over or "overuse" cheatsheets, but I guessed above that he would be in the 12ish range for PPR this week. Hes above that to say the least.He should have a good week. I dont see why Buffalo shouldnt be able to stay in the game with cincy, keeping FJax involved throughout. :drive:

Giants4Life said:
Two games do not make a season....I watch the games, not look at box scores
lol so you saw him get less catches??
No I saw the first 7 games in addition to the last two (I get the NFL Package and see the rewind of each game). As opposed to just looking at box scores and drawing conclusions based on that
So you're making assumptions now that no one else has seen any Bills games? Also, I'm sure you saw Lynch playing in those early games as well? His performance the last few games are as good of a relevant sample as there is. No guarantees he explodes but he surely is trending up.

Against the Steelers, you need to be really grasping at straws to start FJax. Steelers have only allowed 4 RuTD and 630 total RuYd all year (150 fewer than the next team, the Bears). If you need a 60 yard performance with 2 catches for another 15 yards, then start FJax.

Wondering the same. Rotoworld is guessing Spiller's biggest impact would be on returns. Dunno, makes the decision a little tougher this week if he's going to get a decent number of touches.

I know I am wondering the same thing?

Fred is playing at an elite level right now... Do you roll with him over Ray Rice vs Pitt vs weekend

I'm finding a way to start FJax regardless of matchup. For 3 weeks in a row a doubted him and left him reserved and I don't want to miss out again. I'm starting him over Tolbert and Bradshaw/Jacobs.

Fred Jackson has continued to produce fantasy numbers like an elite back. I can't believe we have used him the last few weeks. Although I wonder when the fantasy ride will stop, I've got to keep plugging him in alongside Turner the Burner. Not concerned about Spiller or the other backup (is it Quanther?), which team doesn't have someone spot them now and then? I think Buffalo rolls with Fred Jackson, as well as their "intense" WR Stevie Johnson. Plus I think Jackson gets the goal line carries as well. He's producing #'s like a #1 RB, is he not? :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread