What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Funeral director and insurance companies reporting 40% jump in younger people dying (1 Viewer)

One thing I have noticed when visiting these sites if the advertisers are targeting the viewer they are going after a crowd who thinks they need to be cured of 20+ various ailments or are dying.
Good point. In addition, the funeral director seems to have a bloody axe to grind. 

>>Don’t get me wrong. There is a covid. There is a covid. There is a virus out there. And I’ve spoken to many people. And I’ve had it myself, so it is out there. But it is recoverable; it’s not this deadly pandemic; it’s not something that requires experimental gene therapy every 12 weeks for the next 5 years,” John said.<<

This totally needed its own thread!

Again - let’s get a conspiracy sub-forum going so these good chaps can share their findings without it getting missed with all the other political threads. 

Lets see...sources are:

The Gateway Pundit

The Center Square

The Covid World

:mellow:

Yeah, this seems like totally legitimate reporting. 
Stick to your Pfizer paid for news feeds and keep pulling for Trumps warp speed agenda. You have been wrong in life many times. This is one of those times.

Stick to your Pfizer paid for news feeds and keep pulling for Trumps warp speed agenda. You have been wrong in life many times. This is one of those times.

I've done this too. Don't do it. It only hurts. Never a worthy approach. I support your dissenting views and encourage their expression. But don't make it personal. It isn't personal even when they try to make it so.

Well, that says something. FTR, the main treatments of covid in the hospital have nothing to do with Big Pharma. They are:

1. Oxygen

2. Dexamethasone

3. Prone ventilation.

4. Tylenol (or more accurately, acetaminophen) and cough medicine.

That’s it. How does it feel to look behind the curtain?
Yeah but you’re only a Dr dealing with this on the frontlines everyday what do you know? And did you even bother to read the redstate opinion article?  How about reading the truth from covidisalie.com once and a while “doctor”.  

Well there is some good news. I did learn something new reading this thread.  “Experimental gene therapy” is the new talking points tag line.

3. I have not seen any of the anti-vax stuff actually change any of the other posters' minds. So, the majority of the posters here remain rational. 
Stuff as nutty as these guys post doesn’t seem to influence the forum, or the general public, thankfully. But things like myocarditis and  alleged fertility issues do - maybe not posters here, but vaccination rates among kids and young adults are lagging behind the rest of the population.

And for the life of me, I can’t figure out why so few people (all ages) have complied with the boosters.

Stuff as nutty as these guys post doesn’t seem to influence the forum, or the general public, thankfully. But things like myocarditis and  alleged fertility issues do - maybe not posters here, but vaccination rates among kids and young adults are lagging behind the rest of the population.

And for the life of me, I can’t figure out why so few people (all ages) have complied with the boosters.
I'd bet that the crowd that believes in all of these conspiracy theories represents more of the country than you'd think.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was 25%.  It correlates pretty closely with anti-vaxxers. 

It's a multitude of factors, but in a nutshell, trust in officialdom has eroded. Before you blame that on people like me, stop to think about why else it might be. 

It's a multitude of factors, but in a nutshell, trust in officialdom has eroded. Before you blame that on people like me, stop to think about why else it might be. 
Question for you.  If you or a loved one got cancer, would you question the treatment the doctor recommended?  What if it was an experimental treatment?

Question for you.  If you or a loved one got cancer, would you question the treatment the doctor recommended?  What if it was an experimental treatment?

Not the same risk analysis. Cancer = very severe Covid. Right or wrong, I do not believe I or my wife (or 99% of people who take proper prophylactic and early treatment measures) are at risk of very severe Covid. I perceive - as of now, and am open to shifting this perception - greater *long-term* risk for *us* in taking the vax. I would and do think differently for people who are at higher risk, such as my parents and in-laws.

None of this is concrete. It's a thought exercise in probabilities with imperfect information. 

Serious question for the folks who believe that the docs and hospitals were filling up because of financial incentives..

If you truly believe that hospitals and doctors were only putting people in the hospital and on ventilators for covid incentives.... where do you go for healthcare? If the docs can't be trusted what do you do? If I REALLY believed that the doctors and hospitals weren't trying to help me and only cared about the $$$ I sure as hell wouldn't go there. 

For the record I'm not a huge political person so I don't get involved too much in this forum. Not ever piece of information is correct from ether side. I do enjoy hearing the different view points from all of you folks. Even if I can't wrap my head around them. 

There are plenty of people who feel that way, but it doesn’t seem nearly as prevalent as the anti (covid)-vax movement. Not 25% of the population. Then again, maybe there are a bunch of people dying at home, without ever seeking healthcare for their tumors? 

Serious question for the folks who believe that the docs and hospitals were filling up because of financial incentives..

If you truly believe that hospitals and doctors were only putting people in the hospital and on ventilators for covid incentives.... where do you go for healthcare? If the docs can't be trusted what do you do? If I REALLY believed that the doctors and hospitals weren't trying to help me and only cared about the $$$ I sure as hell wouldn't go there. 

For the record I'm not a huge political person so I don't get involved too much in this forum. Not ever piece of information is correct from ether side. I do enjoy hearing the different view points from all of you folks. Even if I can't wrap my head around them. 
If people feel bad enough, they usually relent to Western medicine. Or their family forces them to.

My anti-vax wife told me if she got very sick from covid she'd just ride it out at home and last place she'd go is the hospital. These people just believe everything they see on social media. I just shook my head and said that's your choice but I'd goto the hospital.

Eh, a few thoughts: 

1. Joe was wise enough to divert this stuff from the FFA. I thought the creation of a Politics forum was a great choice. I also think Joe and the mods do a good job of neutrally allowing a wide spectrum of content and opinion. 

2. FBG has always had a wide spectrum of posters. I find this forum still remains somewhat thought-provoking. So, you gotta take the good with the bad. And, frankly, I'd rather this stuff be peddled here than in other arenas where viewers may be more susceptible. 

3. I have not seen any of the anti-vax stuff actually change any of the other posters' minds. So, the majority of the posters here remain rational. 

4. I don't think the content of this thread was a surprise/mystery given the title and the thread creator. So, in reality, we are to blame from clicking on it and responding. 

1.  What does this thread topic have to do with politics?  I do not think Joe created this forum for alias accounts to troll the place with bogus misinformation.  That's what this is and it's gross.

2.  I like a wide spectrum of opinions, but not ones rooted in garbage.  You may find solace that this anti-vax conspiracy nonsense is contained within these walls, but look around, GB.  People are dying because they are gobbling up this dangerous rhetoric and not getting vaccinated.  It is killing people off and here I would have to imagine a place full of elderly right wingers like Arizona is lousy with Covid deaths from people who refused to take the vax.

3. Agreed, the posters here are not changing their minds, on either side.  But generally speaking, well educated FBGs are not the biggest class of risk to fall for misinformation, anti-vax conspiracies or junk science.

4.  No argument, so shame on me for clicking through but I'm not backing off my statement.  This thread is an embarrassment and the forum is not doing what it was designed to do in this case - debate politics.  

1.  What does this thread topic have to do with politics?  I do not think Joe created this forum for alias accounts to troll the place with bogus misinformation.  That's what this is and it's gross.

2.  I like a wide spectrum of opinions, but not ones rooted in garbage.  You may find solace that this anti-vax conspiracy nonsense is contained within these walls, but look around, GB.  People are dying because they are gobbling up this dangerous rhetoric and not getting vaccinated.  It is killing people off and here I would have to imagine a place full of elderly right wingers like Arizona is lousy with Covid deaths from people who refused to take the vax.

3. Agreed, the posters here are not changing their minds, on either side.  But generally speaking, well educated FBGs are not the biggest class of risk to fall for misinformation, anti-vax conspiracies or junk science.

4.  No argument, so shame on me for clicking through but I'm not backing off my statement.  This thread is an embarrassment and the forum is not doing what it was designed to do in this case - debate politics.  
Agreed, we'll soon have lost 1M folks from this virus despite onerous measures to prevent and contain the spread.

And many many of them have been lost despite the government doing an excellent job of making vaccines available to all who want them.  Way too many people believe garbage like what's been posted in this thread and have paid with horrible medical outcomes or their lives.  I'm talking hundreds of thousands of people.

Folks who have been fully vaxxed and boosted are at almost no significant risk from this virus.  Those that aren't vaccinated at all are destroying our health care system. 

pro-vaxxers (or anti-anti-vaxxers) won't even click the links and read 

their minds are made up - because if they believe the shots they took will stop covid - that makes them sleep easier at night. if the shots are not helping, are causing damages long term .... man that's a hard thing to admit being wrong about

so, don't read the links, don't open the mind to the possibility they backed something wrongly ... its easier on the mind that way

their minds are made up - because if they believe the shots they took will stop covid - that makes them sleep easier at night. if the shots are not helping, are causing damages long term .... man that's a hard thing to admit being wrong about

so, don't read the links, don't open the mind to the possibility they backed something wrongly ... its easier on the mind that way
There's nothing in the links with anything close to evidence of the vaxxs being dangerous.

Why don't you listen to the folks who see what's going on in hospitals every day?  I'm one of those people and I'll swear on a stack of bibles, that in our hospitals 80% of the folks admitted FOR covid are unvaxxed, 18% are vaxxed but not boosted and old with tons of comorbidities, and 2% boosted.  In the ICUs it's 95% unvaxxed.

Why is there such energy to prove that the vaccines are dangerous when there's no evidence to say there is and there's tons of evidence that they're not.

Well said. We're losing over 3k Americans a day again from this and the misinformation leading to people not getting vaccinated is a bit part of it.

There's nothing in the links with anything close to evidence of the vaxxs being dangerous.

Why don't you listen to the folks who see what's going on in hospitals every day?  I'm one of those people and I'll swear on a stack of bibles, that in our hospitals 80% of the folks admitted FOR covid are unvaxxed, 18% are vaxxed but not boosted and old with tons of comorbidities, and 2% boosted.  In the ICUs it's 95% unvaxxed.

Why is there such energy to prove that the vaccines are dangerous when there's no evidence to say there is and there's tons of evidence that they're not.
Why you ask? He let the answer slip.

don't open the mind to the possibility they backed something wrongly ... its easier on the mind that way

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh I’ve clicked those links…hundreds of times over the last year or so. Had the same arguments and appealed to people’s good nature in every different way possible.   Same garbage, same bad faith, same conspiracies to get the smooth brains to think they’re sMaRT and know more than the doctors and scientists on the front lines. It’s the same tripe packaged a slightly different way; over and over and over again. 

their minds are made up - because they believe the shots they didn’t take do nothing to stop covid - that makes them sleep easier at night. if the shots are helping, are not causing damages long term .... man that's a hard thing to admit being wrong about

See how that works?

The snark was to preemptively get those comments out of the way so that we can then move on to actual substantive discussion. You know very well that all of those comments were coming in and would just distract. They will likely come in anyway.

If the goal is to have actual substantive discussion, might I suggest the OP put some of his original thoughts in the post, at least starting off with what he finds particularly compelling in the links he posts? Simply posting links prefaced with the same old generic "medical experiment" and "Chinese social credit score" language every time sure doesn't sound like he's looking for substantive discussion.

Get ready for the attacks. Here's the incoming list:

1. You are anti-vaxxer scum.

2. Those websites will give my computer Covid.

3. The life insurance CEO is mandating the vax for his company.

4. There's no way to tie these deaths to the vaxxes. Correlation <> Causation!

5. These deaths are due to alcohol, fentanyl and of course, Long Covid!!

6. These reports are like just, anecdotal, man! Show me the double-blind study Brought to You by Pfizer before I believe any of your bull####.

7. You are anti-vaxxer scum and I wish horrible things upon you and your filthy kind.

Put your helmet on, brother.
Can he at least change the title?

I didn't realize this thread would be about covid based on the title.

Math is your friend.  Statistics are your friend.

their minds are made up - because they believe the shots they didn’t take do nothing to stop covid - that makes them sleep easier at night. if the shots are helping, are not causing damages long term .... man that's a hard thing to admit being wrong about

See how that works?

its only been 12-18 months for people who've had the shots .... we don't know what the 5-10 year long term effects are - that's a fact

I know we have had record numbers of people shotted ... and record numbers of covid infections/deaths. That's also fact - and I know, this is all blamed on non-shotted but I know more people with shots who've had covid than non-shotted who've had covid. 

I think elderly, obese people and already sick people shot get shotted. I don't know that it'll help them but they're already at high risk so I can see the logic. They make up the large majority of bad sick with covid patients. Fact.  Younger, healthier people .... they're not going to get covid bad anyway. These are also facts - look the numbers up.  

Fact is, Biden promised to end covid, that getting 1 shot would make you very very low chance to get covid, and not have to wear masks. Biden promised a lot of things that wasn't true - more facts. 

I don't know any people who don't want to take the shots themselves that are against others taking the shots. Its personal choice.

its only been 12-18 months for people who've had the shots .... we don't know what the 5-10 year long term effects are - that's a fact

I know we have had record numbers of people shotted ... and record numbers of covid infections/deaths. That's also fact - and I know, this is all blamed on non-shotted but I know more people with shots who've had covid than non-shotted who've had covid. 

I think elderly, obese people and already sick people shot get shotted. I don't know that it'll help them but they're already at high risk so I can see the logic. They make up the large majority of bad sick with covid patients. Fact.  Younger, healthier people .... they're not going to get covid bad anyway. These are also facts - look the numbers up.  

Fact is, Biden promised to end covid, that getting 1 shot would make you very very low chance to get covid, and not have to wear masks. Biden promised a lot of things that wasn't true - more facts. 

I don't know any people who don't want to take the shots themselves that are against others taking the shots. Its personal choice.
Congratulations on typing all of that in response to my post yet not AT ALL addressing the point of the post your responding too.  In fact I can make a case you only proved my point.  Impressive.  

dkp993 said:
Congratulations on typing all of that in response to my post yet not AT ALL addressing the point of the post your responding too.  In fact I can make a case you only proved my point.  Impressive.  

and you neglected everything - what point does that prove ?

look - nobody and I mean 100% for a dang fact NOBODY knows what long term effects these shots will have because we haven't lived 5-10 years after getting them to know - the entire "long term effects" will remain until we've had a long time after administering them

it doesn't bother anti-anti-vaxxers that the Food and Drug Administration suggests it will take the agency 55 years to answer a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for data ... that bothers me

it doesn't bother pro-shotters that a whole lotta shotted people are getting covid - that's not what Joe and the Fed Govt promised

it doesn't bother supporters of the shots and Biden and Fauci that they get told one thing and then something else is done over and over ... mandates, boosters, effectiveness on and on

with all that has happened, people want to believe in the shots, Biden, Fauci and the US Fed Govt ..... I'm not one of those blindly believing

and you neglected everything - what point does that prove ?

look - nobody and I mean 100% for a dang fact NOBODY knows what long term effects these shots will have because we haven't lived 5-10 years after getting them to know - the entire "long term effects" will remain until we've had a long time after administering them

it doesn't bother anti-anti-vaxxers that the Food and Drug Administration suggests it will take the agency 55 years to answer a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for data ... that bothers me

it doesn't bother pro-shotters that a whole lotta shotted people are getting covid - that's not what Joe and the Fed Govt promised

it doesn't bother supporters of the shots and Biden and Fauci that they get told one thing and then something else is done over and over ... mandates, boosters, effectiveness on and on

with all that has happened, people want to believe in the shots, Biden, Fauci and the US Fed Govt ..... I'm not one of those blindly believing
Again not the point I was making. 

The point in taking your quote about pro-vaccine people not being willing to listen or change their minds and tweaking it to being one that mirrors anti-vax (or vax hesitant if that sits better) doing the same is exactly that.  They are doing the same. They don’t know either and are just as hesitant to admit being wrong.  

Again not the point I was making. 

The point in taking your quote about pro-vaccine people not being willing to listen or change their minds and tweaking it to being one that mirrors anti-vax (or vax hesitant if that sits better) doing the same is exactly that.  They are doing the same. They don’t know either and are just as hesitant to admit being wrong.  

true - most people have a hard time admitting being wrong, that's a 100% true

I can see the stats on hospitalizations etc - but lines are blurring on what vaccinated is and isn't ....  and those labels are loosely thrown around and changed and I'm just exceptionally leery of liberal news

BUT I'll also read it, try and see the other side ... look at some of the comments on this thread. Not even considering an alternative view .... those minds should scare everyone

true - most people have a hard time admitting being wrong, that's a 100% true

I can see the stats on hospitalizations etc - but lines are blurring on what vaccinated is and isn't ....  and those labels are loosely thrown around and changed and I'm just exceptionally leery of liberal news

BUT I'll also read it, try and see the other side ... look at some of the comments on this thread. Not even considering an alternative view .... those minds should scare everyone
Look most are seeking confirmation bias, that was my point to the OP in my post a few days ago.  He’s not looking for the truth, he’s looking to support his narrative, as are you, as am I.  The difference imo is that while there are good questions being asking by the anti crowd the data is overwhelming in favor of the pro crowd.  Now that does mean it 100% in that direction, it’s not.  There some interesting data showing the other side.  But as of now it’s overwhelming in one direction.  And that’s that the vaccines are safe and highly effective against severe cases or death.  I know you disagree and I have no desire to litigate it with you, plenty here have already, and to my original point you have no real interest in being wrong or admitting it, so I’ll leave it here.  

Enjoy the rest of your day.  

I've had a handful of patients who have had concerns about fertility. Just have to educate, then jab 'em while they're distracted.

Tecumseh said:
I've had a handful of patients who have had concerns about fertility. Just have to educate, then jab 'em while they're distracted.
Nice. Then cash the giant check from Pfizer, amirite? I know me and the hospital I work in are just awash in all that extra covid cash. That's why we have amazing retention rates, huge job satisfaction, no signs of burnout, and have given 75% raises to all of the hospital staff...

My best friend's wife is the head nurse in a major Pittsburgh hospital with more than 40 years as a nurse.  She is also a longtime Republican, watches Fox news religiously and still supports Trump.   She would be the last person to back big pharma or liberals.  Back in December she said they were putting Covid patients in hallways because they had no where else to put them and that nearly all of them were unvaccinated.

Anecdotal, I know, but this is from someone I know and trust.   

Personally I don't care what people believe any more but I will say that I think we would all be better off staying away from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, OAN, the myriad of web "news" agencies and social media.  These places have a vested interest in slanting the news and they are warping their audiences views of the country to the point of people preparing for civil war.

Scary stuff

My best friend's wife is the head nurse in a major Pittsburgh hospital with more than 40 years as a nurse.  She is also a longtime Republican, watches Fox news religiously and still supports Trump.   She would be the last person to back big pharma or liberals.  Back in December she said they were putting Covid patients in hallways because they had no where else to put them and that nearly all of them were unvaccinated.

Anecdotal, I know, but this is from someone I know and trust.   

Personally I don't care what people believe any more but I will say that I think we would all be better off staying away from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, OAN, the myriad of web "news" agencies and social media.  These places have a vested interest in slanting the news and they are warping their audiences views of the country to the point of people preparing for civil war.

Scary stuff
Not scary in Florida. We have been open since summer 2020. We aren’t wearing masks. We are living as if this never happened. People fly in by the tens of thousands from all over. No pandemic here. You can even walk in the gas station with no shoes or shirt and still get service.

Attack the messenger! Politicos on The Politics Forum, well done.
As I said believe what you want but when you go to sites that runs stories that are overwhelmingly negative to one side you can be reasonably sure you are not getting an accurate portrayal of the situation.

These companies know their audience and have a vested interest in reporting stories that are one-sided.  The same is true for CNN, NY Times  etc.

But hey if you want to think that zerohedge is not biased and stories they are printing are accurate then there is nothing I can say to change your mind. 

As I said believe what you want but when you go to sites that runs stories that are overwhelmingly negative to one side you can be reasonably sure you are not getting an accurate portrayal of the situation.

These companies know their audience and have a vested interest in reporting stories that are one-sided.  The same is true for CNN, NY Times  etc.

But hey if you want to think that zerohedge is not biased and stories they are printing are accurate then there is nothing I can say to change your mind. 

How about considering the actual source of the info, which is not Zerohedge.

Yeah, it was certainly a big part in radicalizing a few of my friends. They've been pushing false news about economics/finance for a long time, not surprised to see they are doing it about Covid too. It's just another bad and misleading post.

Users who are viewing this thread