What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W10 - Dallas V Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Dom Capers showed up big time today and really earned his paycheck. Hope he keeps the D dialed up while this line of the Packers get figured out on the offense.

Kampy was out today and the D looked fine with out him, as it will next year as I dont see him wanting to come back. They will get more athletes that fit the scheme and get better with time.

The O line still needs work and still not happy with MM and his playcalling. He needs a run to the playoffs to save his job IMO.

It's kinda odd to suggest Green Bay didn't have a great game. Their defense was unreal and they have a legitimate shot at posting a shutout of one of the top offenses in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Harris needs to just knock that ball down instead of going for an INT and giving up a first down to Roy

Glad the Packers didn't play to this level in either Viking game. Pretty impressive bounce back from last week. Cowboys are as Jekyll and Hyde a team as you can find, I guess.

Glad the Packers didn't play to this level in either Viking game. Pretty impressive bounce back from last week. Cowboys are as Jekyll and Hyde a team as you can find, I guess.
Just call that the jekyll and hyde division. NYG, Phili, Dallas ... who knows what team steps onto the field with those three.

good win for the Packers.

imo, some bad calls that might have affected the outcome, but ultimately the Cowboys were outplayed.

How dumb is Troy Aikman.He can't understand why Dallas isn't going for 2 down by 17? WTF.
The thing is that going for 2 in that situation is probably the correct play, even if it's widely dismissed and could get a coach fired. However, I'm sure Aikman just wasn't thinking.

Stupid challenge McCarthy. It looked like Nelson got it in live, but on the replay it sure looked like the official spotted it correctly. Don't you have any faith in your offense to score from the 1 anyway? I'm guessing you're accounting for after you go shotgun and empty backfield on this next play and the sack that will result. Now you're going to be down a timeout and won't be able to challenge for the rest of the game.
:lmao: It was a very stupid challenge. However you have to hang this on his replay guy up in the booth for telling him to challenge, every team has one and Green Bays should be fired.

Dom Capers showed up big time today and really earned his paycheck. Hope he keeps the D dialed up while this line of the Packers get figured out on the offense. Kampy was out today and the D looked fine with out him, as it will next year as I dont see him wanting to come back. They will get more athletes that fit the scheme and get better with time.
It's pretty clear that this D is better without Kampman

Special teams was not terrible...and the D flat out dominated.

Woodson is a freaking beast and the front 7 played outstanding.

Nice to see the ball, mostly, coming out quicker too for the day.

Just still wish McCarthy would stick more to the run game.

Dom Capers showed up big time today and really earned his paycheck. Hope he keeps the D dialed up while this line of the Packers get figured out on the offense. Kampy was out today and the D looked fine with out him, as it will next year as I dont see him wanting to come back. They will get more athletes that fit the scheme and get better with time.
It's pretty clear that this D is better without Kampman
:thumbup: Was thinking the same thing.

Kampman or no Kampman....it seems like Capers was more aggressive with the blitz packages today.
Very...and the Dline held their own allowing the LBs to move free a bit more.Hawk and Barnett were causing some havoc at times in the backfield. IT was great to see Hawk playing fast and playing well for once.

11 running plays called for 45 yards. Thats 4.09 ypc. They only get Felix the ball 3 times all game.

I'm aware you have to adjust your game and take what the defense gives you, but we have 3 backs that would start on any team in the league.

We're averaging 5.1 YPC, 2nd best in the league.

11 rushing plays. 11.

ETA: Colombo breaking his leg might have something to do with this.

Kampman or no Kampman....it seems like Capers was more aggressive with the blitz packages today.
Very...and the Dline held their own allowing the LBs to move free a bit more.Hawk and Barnett were causing some havoc at times in the backfield. IT was great to see Hawk playing fast and playing well for once.
I don't think it was every a problem with him being aggressive ... I think he steadily refused to blitz barnett or hawk and over blitzed from the secondary. This time he fired all of his linebackers in different scenarios and didn't blitz his corners more then a hand full of times.

I'm aware you have to adjust your game and take what the defense gives you, but we have 3 backs that would start on any team in the league.
Do you think they would start on the Vikings? Titans? Rams? Jaguars? Yeah, I don't think so either.
Alright, slight exaggeration there. How about this: Talented wise, we have one of the deepest backfields in the league.

I'm satisfied with giving credit to Capers and the players who were out there rather than trying to spin Kampman's absence as a positive. Brandon Chillar was active but didn't play, and I don't think anyone will say putting him on the bench makes the team better.

Do you think they would start on the Vikings? Titans? Rams? Jaguars? Yeah, I don't think so either.
or:Bengals, Carolina, Miami, Baltimore

I am a big Marion Barber fan and have been since college but come on. Choice is a good player and might be a very good player if he got more touches ... but he doesn't so who knows what he really is ... and Felix is about as overrated as it gets. He can make a big play when he is on the field but that when is a pretty big one.

Alright, slight exaggeration there. How about this: Talented wise, we have one of the deepest backfields in the league.
I give props to GB and once again think Garrett is :goodposting: as an O coordinator. They abandoned the run for no reason (most of the game was a 10 pt game).. he did nothing to try and slow GB's pass rush that was all over Romo... draw plays, etc. I totally agree that running it 14 or whatever times is just silly with the talent DAL has at RB. Its not like they had no success running... MBIII looked good the first series--then he never got the ball again.Great rebound for GB after the loss to TB... D--especially the D line looked awesome.

I'm satisfied with giving credit to Capers and the players who were out there rather than trying to spin Kampman's absence as a positive. Brandon Chillar was active but didn't play, and I don't think anyone will say putting him on the bench makes the team better.
Kampman is a very good player but he has not taken to playing that position at all. You can run at him since he doesn't get a lot of push and doesn't hold the point all that well while standing and he doesn't get a whole lot of pressure either because he doesn't seem to get a lot of leverage. Also, I don't think anyone who has seen the packers play this year would say that about Chillar either since he has been very good when he has played.

So... you want Brad Jones to start instead? That's difficult for me to believe, even with Kampman not producing. But maybe he'll miss more time and we'll see more of Jones.

So... you want Brad Jones to start instead? That's difficult for me to believe, even with Kampman not producing. But maybe he'll miss more time and we'll see more of Jones.
Yes. Kampman has been a liability in that position all year. I would rather they use Kampman as a down lineman then outside. He has been really bad.

I would not yet go that far.But he did not look lost in coverage...and it allows them to do more with Matthews around the line (which is why Kampman has been out in coverage more recently IMO).Kind of an interesting dynamic...Kampman is a beast...but as an OLB its been a big disappointment.I think youd see him rotated out much more in the coming weeks though.

The sad thing is some NFL team is going to get a great deal on a player like Kampman. he is a very good player but just cannot play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

The sad thing is some NFL team is going to get a great deal on a player like Kampman. he is a very good player but just cannot play outside linebacker in a 3-4.
Hoping GB can work out a franchise tag and trade deal. No need to give him up for nothing.

:rolleyes: Ok, that's a little more reasonable. GB's pass rush has been terrible all season, while at times the run defense has been stellar. So I can see why the coaches decided not to just pound the ball. That said, when it wasn't working (but the game was still 3-0), why not start running it more? Long story short (too late), I'm with you 100%. [except for the part where you implied Barber, Jones and Choice would start ahead of AP :lmao: ]

;) Ok, that's a little more reasonable. [except for the part where you implied Barber, Jones and Choice would start ahead of AP ;) ]
How dare you sir! I never implied! :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread