What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jaleel McLaughlin, DEN (1 Viewer)

Luv this dude's game. Not sure it will result in enough fantasy points to make me or you happy, but excited to watch him try this weekend and beyond.
He just won’t get enough touches with Williams healthy. It’s Achane touches with a third of the production.

Touches last night:

Javonte: 10
Jaleel: 9

^^^ No prediction with the above. One game. Small sample. But I will say that *IF* Jaleel McG gets ~similar # of touches as Javonte, then I very much look forward to seeing what he does with them.

LIkely benching him this week for Doubs, not confident in that Denver offense, especially if there are snow conditions.

I was a bit surprised on how many touches they gave Javon. Clearly a change of pace back - they need to sit Perine and give those touches to Jaleel

jaleel seems to be the #2 now - still cant understand why they use Perine in hurry up
Hard to say who gets more run if Williams goes down. I actually think for this year Perine would get the bigger chunk. Imo
I think Perine would take pretty much all of Javonte's load.

I held Jaleel all season, but watching him try to pass block Monday night, it's just hard for me see him getting volume. It's one thing to miss assignments, but when you know where to be, and for the defender, it really doesn't matter, I'm not sure how you over come that one.

Obviously, he can have big games on limited touches though.

There's a little bit of a Jaylen Warren going onto last year vibe I get from McLaughlin. Team desperate for a playmaker has one under their noses they just need to use more.

Wasn’t Dulchich the rumored joker last year?
I remember reading that too.
It's a generic term Payton uses to describe players that can create matchup problems. But historically it's been a dual-threat running back, so therefore McLaughlin the more likely candidate vis-a-vis Dulcich.

"The 'joker' player for us is not a receiver," Payton explained. "It's either a running back or a tight end with exceptional ball skills and then you can work matchups. We've had that at the running back position. Reggie Bush was the 'joker,' Darren Sproles and [Alvin] Kamara. Those were all unique players, not just in the running game, but they had passing game skill sets that allowed you to do multiple things, and I think Greg does, too."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread