What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W15 - Tennessee V Houston (1 Viewer)

What a play by Slaton to stay in bounds and hit the deck when he had the 1st down.

Watch out for us in 2009!

What a play by Slaton to stay in bounds and hit the deck when he had the 1st down.Watch out for us in 2009!
This kid just seems to make smart play after smart play. I hope he keeps applying those smarts in his playbook and his opponents. This kid could be really good.

What a play by Slaton to stay in bounds and hit the deck when he had the 1st down.Watch out for us in 2009!
He's gonna get all kinds of attention for that play.I am so happy the Texans pulled this one out or else the impressive performances AJ and Slaton posted today would be eclipsed by all the Titan Super Bowl talk.

what an awesome game (if you're a texans fan). score doesn't reflect it at all.

i'm slowly losing that feeling that we will somehow lose at the end of the game that was there during the beginning of the season.

Great, great win for the Texans. Slapping Bud Adams in the face and ruining the enjoyment of all those Houston-area frontrunning, VY nuthugging Tack fans in attendance makes me a happy man.

1. Fisher is almost always right in his game management.

2. This was one of those other times.

"It was clearly outside, well outside of Rob's range" said Fisher.

"Well, a 35 yard pass is out of McCairen's range...every time" said WoMI.

Horrible, horrible decision...and if you ARE going to go for it, a deep sideline bomb is not the play you run.

what was that about, is it windy?
HOU is a dome, no?
It was very windy in Houston, and the roof had to be open because of Ike damage. It was surprising to me how much wind made it into the stadium The flags on the goalposts stood out at about a 30 degree angle most of the day. Bironas would have been kicking into the wind. Not a gale force down inside the stadium, but it was a pretty steady wind blowing against him.Fisher later said that Bironas was attempting kicks on that end of the field during warmups and half time and he wasn't able to make them from that far when kicking into the wind.FWIW, I still would have tried the FG if I was him. If you miss, you're no worse off than if you fail going for it on 4th down, still have time left to make a stop and get the ball back. I'd take the chance for the win compared to the chance of never even getting to attempt the kick.

I don't fault him for going for it. I fault him for the choice of 4th down play. We have CJ, Lendale, and Bo Scaife and we need 3 yards. Therefore, we throw a bomb to McCareins who had dropped about 5 passes on the day.

Finnegan fined $25k for the helmet to the chin on Schaub and for the spear on, IIRC, Daniels. Though the ESPN article says the spear was on Schaub as well, don't think that is correct.

Fisher said they were questionable calls. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread