What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W4 - Green Bay v Minnesota (3 Viewers)

Lot of whiny #####es in this thread.
;) yet most of the Favre haters are still in hiding.
80% of the posts in this thread are people crying that the refs made a blood pact before the game to help Favre pad his stats.
:lmao: I don't even have the game on or a dog in this fight, but I know protocol is to whine about the refs.
While I agree with you on the refs at times being overblamed, you can't deny that all of professional sports is star-driven. It's a marketing machine. It's why noone is talking about the Broncos.

I can't believe that this is the 2nd night in a row that players are allowed to stop a guy and basically hold him incapable of moving, but don't allow him to fall down, so that somebody can strip the ball from him and run the other way. The Chargers did the same thing to the Steelers last night. I think this is a stretching of the rules. If a guy can't move, the play needs to be whistled dead.
In both cases the guy in question was still moving.
He's still moving because his tacklers are deliberately not trying to bring him down. Instead, they're simply trying to hold him in place while one guy tries to take the ball away. I'm not sure what the RB is supposed to do in that situation- is he supposed to go limp? Of course he's going to struggle. But I think the play should be whistled dead.
Are they holding him in place, or is he moving.... it can't be both.

Peterson is the Brees of RBs. Big first game and then disappears. Yeah, he had a TD today but he's otherwise sucked.

;) Brett Favre...another player on my bench who's exploding.

<turns her focus on hoping the Vikings triple-cover Driver>

I'll be interested to see how McCarthy spins this one. I have no problem with the loss, but the penalties and lack of pass rush continue to be problems throughout his tenure as coach. They are an incredibly sloppy team. You can't win games consistently finishing in the top 3 most penalized times, I don't care how much talent you have.

I'll be interested to see how McCarthy spins this one. I have no problem with the loss, but the penalties and lack of pass rush continue to be problems throughout his tenure as coach. They are an incredibly sloppy team. You can't win games consistently finishing in the top 3 most penalized times, I don't care how much talent you have.
John Madden's Raiders disagree with you.

Ugh ;) This is exactly what I didnt want. I could have dealt with a Packers lost under two conditions:

- Favre doesnt have a great game

now that's all we will hear about all week

- Rodgers doesnt have a bad game

I dont think Rodgers is seasoned enough to deal with a bad week when all eyes are on him

;) McCarthy and TT need to be listening. I thought the GB D was to be much improved...

Very true. While some of the calls have been questionable, there is no doubt this team looks sloppy and is making big mistakes.

Ryan Grant does not impress me at all. Just looks very average to me.

Donald Driver is ageless. What an under rated player IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread