What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Miami V NY Jets (1 Viewer)

Jets homers - let us know how Cotchery looks. I couldn't bring myself to start him until I see how he does in his first game back (especially with Edwards now in the mix).

Game is uneventful. Punts followed by punts. Jets look like they are much more prepared for the MIA running game.

Punting on the opposition 35yd line is almost always moronic, I'll never understand why coaches do it. They only gained 23yds of field position from that punt. It was only 6 yards for a first, or you could even go for a long FG instead.

dolphins have thrown 5 straight times on 1st and 10.

1 completion for 15 yards

1 completion for 2 yards

1 sack

2 incompletes (1 nearly picked)

i think they might wanna alter that gameplan

fyi, ronnie brown "sacked" for nine yard loss

that's a play the NFL is going to look at closely for a stat change, imo.

feely two tackles on kickoffs.

one on the 25, the other inside the 20.

crazy man is on fire.

BusterTBronco said:
I can't decide which one of these QB's stinks worse. Henne or Sanchez? They're both awful.
I thought Sanchez was great or at least that's what people thought at the beginning of the season. :thumbup:

NO, the replay clearly shows that smith has 2 hands on it and edwards has one that is just touching it.

There will be another apology this week.

That wasn't a TD, that was taken by Smith.another bad call by a referee in the perfect position.
Edwards still had posession when the ball crossed the goal line.
The only thing that I could've seen possibly called is that Edwards' knee might have been down before he scored, but even then it would've been 1st and goal at the 1 anyway. Smith was prying the ball loose, but he didn't have it before it crossed the line. Even if they had reviewed it I think the TD would have stood.

What the hell did they go for 2 there for? That was some kind of stupid. It's not like there's enough time left for the Jets to kick 2 FGs and score a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like i was a little late, but that's just idiotic on so many levels...8 minutes left, go up 12 so a FG and TD (w/2 pt conv) can't tie you...also, if you are up 12 and NYJ score two TDs than you can win with a FG

colossal 2 point conversion mistake wont cost miami here.........amazes me how coaches cant figure this out from week to week.

:football:

Last edited by a moderator:
davone bess fumbled on miami's last drive at teh jet 11...............fat ryan should have thrown the red flag, just to stop the action.

:confused:

davone bess fumbled on miami's last drive at teh jet 11...............fat ryan should have thrown the red flag, just to stop the action. :excited:
Dolphins recovered it anyways. All the challenge would have done is given the Fins a couple extra yards where they recovered it.

Love NJ this time of year . . .

As the leaves turn . . . .the beautiful smell of pregame BBQ just barely overtakes the foul stench of the swamps nearby. Had fun leaving Giant stadium today.

How sweep it is !!!

Users who are viewing this thread