What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Garrett McIntyre? (1 Viewer)

Defensive end

Footballguy
Can we hope that McIntyre will going to play awesome, like in last game, in continuity?

Or is this just his good day?

P.S.

Sorry for my bad english :(

Bryan Thomas didnt play. He filled in.

I asked him personally via text (he is a RL buddy of mine) and he didnt know what his future situation was in regards to starting.

Rex Ryan has commented previously that Garrett is the Jets best pass rusher. The caveat being that he needed to learn how to play as a 3-4 OLB, in college he played NT in a 4-3 and then became a pure pass rusher in Arena/Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome, please send along congratulations. If he never plays again, that is pretty damn cool he got 2 sacks in an NFL game.

(Head Coach Rex) Ryan said he did not have any new information on TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) or LB Bryan Thomas (hamstring), who both missed Sunday's game.

Monday, September 17, 2012, 10:31 PM

One would have to think that McIntyre at least earned some serious increase in on-the-field time for the short term.

Bryan Thomas (hamstring) did not practice Friday, Sept. 21, and is doubtful for Week 3.
Jets released OLB Bryan Thomas.

It's a somewhat surprising move. Thomas had been dealing with a hamstring injury in the season's first two weeks and was listed as doubtful on the Week 3 injury report. He signed a one-year, $900,000 deal in March and was scheduled to be a free agent after the year. Thomas played in just four games in 2011, recording zero sacks. He was the longest tenured Jet on the roster. Aaron Maybin is in for an even bigger role on defense.

Bryan Thomas (hamstring) did not practice Friday, Sept. 21, and is doubtful for Week 3.
Jets released OLB Bryan Thomas.

It's a somewhat surprising move. Thomas had been dealing with a hamstring injury in the season's first two weeks and was listed as doubtful on the Week 3 injury report. He signed a one-year, $900,000 deal in March and was scheduled to be a free agent after the year. Thomas played in just four games in 2011, recording zero sacks. He was the longest tenured Jet on the roster. Aaron Maybin is in for an even bigger role on defense.
The Jets needed a roster spot and will allegedly re-sign Thomas on Monday. Maybin has shown nothing this year. He can't play against the run and he's only in on passing situations anyway. I don't see any increase in his playing time.

Last week's performance was a nice surprise from McIntyre.

Users who are viewing this thread