What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gates OUT per BoltBeat? Official Injury Report Says Questionable (1 Viewer)

At this point, I wouldn't worry. Have heard nothing from major reliable sources. Until then, I expect him to play. Have heard nothing but positive news on Gates this week.

The video from Acee, if that's what you're referring to, is a day or two old I'd guess.A story linked from your link says this:

Tolbert and Gates were limited in Friday's practice, their first of the week. Floyd, who has been hampered by a hamstring, worked the entire practice after being limited Thursday and not practicing Wednesday.

Gates, who returned to action last Sunday in Indianapolis after missing the previous two games, said he was sore after working the majority of practice.

"I wanted to get a feel for how my foot was going to react to the pressure, cutting," Gates said. "Sunday, I'll make a decision on whether I can contribute to the team. My decision-making is about how much I can give and at what percent to determine whether I can go."

Gates is listed as questionable on the official Friday injury report that is distributed to the media by the NFL.
I would think the chargers web site which looks like it was updated today is probably the most accurate source.
To be honest, I doubt it. I think the chargers.com website is more likely to have an error than the official injury report turned into the NFL. If Gates was questionable after (limitedly) practicing on Friday, he should still be questionable on Saturday morning, especially since there is no Saturday injury report. The Friday injury report is the last one for the week. Once he's listed as questionable on Friday, there's no reason for the Chargers to declare him out before seeing how he feels on Sunday.But who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm attaching the official report just for run. That's the one that comes from the NFL office and goes to the media.

injury_report_13.pdf

Attachments

• injury_report_13.pdf
    163.4 KB · Views: 30
Gates is listed as questionable on the official Friday injury report that is distributed to the media by the NFL.
I would think the chargers web site which looks like it was updated today is probably the most accurate source.
To be honest, I doubt it. I think the chargers.com website is more likely to have an error than the official injury report turned into the NFL.
:thumbup: Most team web sites are maintained by improvident lackwits and/or unpaid interns.

I'd think that if Gates was ruled out, the first call wouldn't be to the webmaster at chargers.com. It'd certainly be a big enough story for any sports media outlet to report on.

Gates is not going to be healthy again this season. That is the only real fact of the matter.We can`t expect the Gates of the first half of the season in the FF playoffs.

Gates is not going to be healthy again this season. That is the only real fact of the matter.We can`t expect the Gates of the first half of the season in the FF playoffs.
Is this as definitive as your "Nicks will be out longer because he did not get stitches and they left his wound open" post?

While true, IF he can get to 70% you have a good shot at a TD and a chance at two - moreso than likely any other TE.

To be honest, I doubt it. I think the chargers.com website is more likely to have an error than the official injury report turned into the NFL. If Gates was questionable after (limitedly) practicing on Friday, he should still be questionable on Saturday morning, especially since there is no Saturday injury report. The Friday injury report is the last one for the week. Once he's listed as questionable on Friday, there's no reason for the Chargers to declare him out before seeing how he feels on Sunday.But who knows?
With Maurile here. I'd put way more stock on the official injury report than the team site.J

Feels like deja vu. Unfortunately for us Gates owners, this appears it's going to be like this for the foreseeable future. I wish I had another option at 4pm or later but I don't. I doubt seriously we will have anything definitive before 3-3:30pm tomorrow. I sure would like to have the big guy. He's in a tier by himself when healthy..............

Topes said:
Maurile Tremblay said:
UFO said:
Maurile Tremblay said:
To be honest, I doubt it. I think the chargers.com website is more likely to have an error than the official injury report turned into the NFL.
:goodposting: Most team web sites are maintained by improvident lackwits and/or unpaid interns.
I feel like an improvident lackwit for having to look up improvident.FYI - From Dictionary.com

Adjective: Not having or showing foresight; spendthrift or thoughtless: "improvident behavior".

benching him for Cooley and Heath Miller. Why risk it, he couldn't play an entire game last week, and now all this? No thanks.

David Dodds and Joe Bryant,

This is why we pay for your service. I am counting on you and your folks to tell us if the Chargers site is correct. I realize that he is a game time decision but, we need to know if he is Out or Questionable before the 1:00 games. It's week 13 and a large portion of us want to field a complete lineup for this weeks pivotal fantasy games.

I don't have Kevin Acee's # but I would think one of your staff does. I and I'm sure many of your subscribers don't have the luxury of another TE we can plug in for the 4:00 or later games.

We are counting on you!

You aren't going to know until after 2:30 PM until Gates tests it in warmups.

Unless Gates is officially ruled out prior to 1pm and you can't afford to wait, you have to turn to alternatives.

KY

I don't have Kevin Acee's # but I would think one of your staff does.
I don't have his cell number, but he's my BFF on twitter. If Gates were really declared out already, Acee would know about it and would tweet it.Also, Chris Harris at ESPN just reported that Gates is still a game-time decision.

David Dodds and Joe Bryant,This is why we pay for your service. I am counting on you and your folks to tell us if the Chargers site is correct. I realize that he is a game time decision but, we need to know if he is Out or Questionable before the 1:00 games. It's week 13 and a large portion of us want to field a complete lineup for this weeks pivotal fantasy games. I don't have Kevin Acee's # but I would think one of your staff does. I and I'm sure many of your subscribers don't have the luxury of another TE we can plug in for the 4:00 or later games. We are counting on you!
His status is questionable as shown by the official injury report submitted to the NFL. Any report that he is OUT is not official. As others have said he will test it in warmups and until then Gates himself probably doesnt know whether or not he will play today.This is a great site with great info and plenty of insightful posters but it's not a magical info source. Anything reliable a beat writer puts out can be found on Twitter or some other source and will make it's way here soon enough.And Schefter is reporting that Gates being downgraded from Q to OUT status is not accurate and that Gates will..................test it during warmups and be a gametime decision.

From Jason LaCanfora: "For those wondering about Gates's status. I'm told the report of him being down-graded incorrect. He will give it a go in warmups and see."

I don't have Kevin Acee's # but I would think one of your staff does.
I don't have his cell number, but he's my BFF on twitter. If Gates were really declared out already, Acee would know about it and would tweet it.Also, Chris Harris at ESPN just reported that Gates is still a game-time decision.
Appreciate the update. I am taking the chance he plays and plugging him into my lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread