What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get it On! Rookie Draft Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

This is just like when the Saints drafted Deuce McAllister. One of those running backs will be traded in the next two seasons and do well somewhere else.Interesting draft decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ONLY interpretation I can see on the McGahee pick is Buffalo figures to trade him either later this year or next... but still... STRANGE! :wacko:

This is just like when the Saints drafted Deuce McAllister. One of those running backs will be traded in the next two seasons and do well somewhere else.Interesting draft decision.
good parallel, maybe they really hate the fumbling problem

Very shocking pick. This should definately drop Henry in dynasty or keeper leagues, but by how much is the question?......maybe buffalo is thinking rbbc.

when is travis henry's contract up? maybe they are grooming mcgahee to replace him after his contract is up
I believe that the Bills just extended his contract an extra year. So it my guess not for a few more years.

McGahee is waiting around for nothing. Because I've been soooo right about all of this :shock: , I will go out on a limb and say that McGahee won't be picked before the 45th selection.
Alrighty then. I am going to have to make safer predictions. :hot: Next prediction: Colts take the Boss.

Was just coming over to post that.

I think the Bills are going to use the Wishbone offense in 2004!Gary will be fullback with McGahee and Henry both on the field behind him as the second and third backs. Add Moulds in as the only receiver and Josh Reed as a receiver/RB tweener and what an innovative offense :rotflmao:

That`s a shocker pick.
Yup--but great for mcGahee--it means he absolutely does not need to push playing this year since Buffalo can afford to wait. If hi hits--they're in high cotton! If not--they're still in good shape with Henry/Gary/++

I hate romo, but agree that there isnt a team in the 1st round that can afford to take a chance on mcgahee. can we just clear all the picks and do a redo

Why reach for talent that just isnt there the likes of a healthy McGahee? If healthy he would have been a possible #1 pick. If he proves to be healthy in 2004, and Henry has a nice 2003, they could get a lot for either. I kinda like it, although i would have liked Kelley Washington.

Very shocking pick. This should definately drop Henry in dynasty or keeper leagues, but by how much is the question?......maybe buffalo is thinking rbbc.
for those that don't own Henry, now might be a time to acquire him. I think he is still going to be the man this year, and will be a starter next year (whether for Buffalo or to a Traded Team)

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to think about value.You got, Chris Kelsay, Boss Bailey and E.J. Henderson who are slipping more then 5 picks in my mind. Boss Bailey dropping a ton.Kwame Harris and Larry Johnson as well.F

I must say that I am pleased with this draft as a Dolphin fan.The Patriots select one player with some question marks in Ty Warren (although he does have talent) and trades another pick for a 2nd and a 1st next year.The Jets trade up and land a great DT but did only get to add the one player to their team.The Bills took a player that likely won't play in 2003:hot:Good times! The lack of a first round pick isn't such a huge deal for the Dolphins now.

I must say that I am pleased with this draft as a Dolphin fan.The Patriots select one player with some question marks in Ty Warren (although he does have talent) and trades another pick for a 2nd and a 1st next year.The Jets trade up and land a great DT but did only get to add the one player to their team.The Bills took a player that likely won't play in 2003:hot:Good times! The lack of a first round pick isn't such a huge deal for the Dolphins now.
:shock:

Huh?? Part Deux.

Kiper has been pimping Dallas Clark and Jeff Fein recently.

Here's a question and answer from Kiper about Boss:

Q: Are any teams talking about switching LB Boss Bailey to safety in the pros (a la Adam Archuleta)? 6-foot-3, 230 pounds and 4.4 speed? No receiver in his right mind would want to go over the middle. What do you think, Mel? -- Kyle, Minneapolis, Minn.

KIPER -- Archuleta moved from linebacker to safety, but he's basically utilized as a linebacker in the St. Louis Rams' defensive scheme.

There's a huge difference between Archuleta and Bailey, though. Archuleta is a great tackler, while Bailey is a questionable tackler. It's like a night-and-day comparison. Bailey is faster, jumps higher and is a better athlete (4.38 in the 40 at 6-3 and 233 pounds, with a 46-inch vertical). But Archuleta is a better football player.

If Bailey wants to become a great NFL player, he's got to tackle better than he did Georgia.

I think everyone is looking to the round 2 LB picks coming on.

Dallas Clark is an awful pick IMOThey already have Pollard and Bailey fits a need and fits in their system perfectly. He reminds me alot of D. Brooks and they run the same system as TB. I would have thought they'd be salivating to get him!

1 Cincinnati CARSON PALMER 2 Detroit CHARLES ROGERS 3 Houston ANDRE JOHNSON 4 New York DEWAYNE ROBERTSON 5 Dallas TERENCE NEWMAN 6 New Orleans JOHNATHAN SULLIVAN (trade with Cards)7 Minnesota KEVIN WILLIAMS (actual #9)8 Jacksonville BYRON LEFTWICH (actual #7)9 Carolina JORDAN GROSS (actual #8)10 Baltimore TERRELL SUGGS11 Seattle MARCUS TRUFANT 12 St. Louis JIMMY KENNEDY 13 New England TY WARREN (trade with Chicago moved up 1)14 Chicago MICHAEL HAYES (trade with Pats moved down 1)15 Philadelphia JEROME MCDOUGLE (trade with SD)16 Pittsburgh TROY POLAMALU (trade with KC)17 Arizona BRYANT JOHNSON (trade with Saints)18 Arizona CALVIN PACE (trade with Saints)19 Baltimore KYLE BOLLER (trade with Pats)20 Denver GEORGE FOSTER 21 Cleveland JEFF FAINE22 Chicago REX GROSSMAN 23 Buffalo WILLIS MCGAHEE 24 Indianapolis DALLAS CLARK still shocked over the McGahee pick!William Johnson goes to the Giants!

Users who are viewing this thread