What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Your Money out of the Market (1 Viewer)

LHUCKS hates money
Not all money. Just the US Dollar.Nearly everything is going up relative to the US dollar today... except the Yen and the Brisish Pound.Latest US economic numbers pretty much guarantee more Federal Reserve printing for a while. So as long as you're not holding US dollars, or other currencies currently doing (or about to resume) QE, you're good.Of course, all that really means is you'll get more dollars for your assets in the future because the dollar is worth less. Which is no different than your floor to ceiling measurement going from 84 inches to 94 inches from one month to the next. The ceiling didn't rise. The inch you use to measure it just got smaller.
So, we should get out of the market NOW or a few months ago? How does inflation help people like our friend who started this thread who put their live savings in reverse 3x-leveraged index funds?based on what a lot of experts have been saying, the sky has been falling for awhile now.
While the Fed is printing $85 Billion per month, keep your wealth in anything except the dollar. When the Fed stops printing (assuming it can stop), switch to being heavy on the dollar, as a lot of price correction will follow when the Fed stops printing. If/when the market starts coming down while the Fed is still printing, then make sure your bunker is stocked, because the Fed's bag of tricks are empty at that point, and the natural correction is more powerful than anything NY or DC can do to stop it.

While the Fed is printing $85 Billion per month, keep your wealth in anything except the dollar. When the Fed stops printing (assuming it can stop), switch to being heavy on the dollar, as a lot of price correction will follow when the Fed stops printing.

If/when the market starts coming down while the Fed is still printing, then make sure your bunker is stocked, because the Fed's bag of tricks are empty at that point, and the natural correction is more powerful than anything NY or DC can do to stop it.
The trillion dollar coin idea says they have plenty left in their bag of tricks.

While the Fed is printing $85 Billion per month, keep your wealth in anything except the dollar. When the Fed stops printing (assuming it can stop), switch to being heavy on the dollar, as a lot of price correction will follow when the Fed stops printing.

If/when the market starts coming down while the Fed is still printing, then make sure your bunker is stocked, because the Fed's bag of tricks are empty at that point, and the natural correction is more powerful than anything NY or DC can do to stop it.
The trillion dollar coin idea says they have plenty left in their bag of tricks.
:lmao: Good point!

I forgot about that one! :lol:

There's also the tomb under the church near Wall Street that Nicholas Cage explored. There's gotta be more than $1 trillion in assets down there too, right? That's another trick they could do.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's also the tomb under the church near Wall Street that Nicholas Cage explored. There's gotta be more than $1 trillion in assets down there too, right? That's another trick they could do.
Kinda. Expect them to somehow use gov't land to finance debt down the road. 'We are taking out a mortgage on our land in 'x' national park. We will pay ourselves back someday. We value it at $5 trillion'.

Kinda. Expect them to somehow use gov't land to finance debt down the road. 'We are taking out a mortgage on our land in 'x' national park. We will pay ourselves back someday. We value it at $5 trillion'.
I've heard rumors that they are already talking with China about backing their US bond purchasing with our government owned land as collateral. Last year we gave them a deal where they can buy our bonds directly from the US Treasury at wholesale instead of having to go through the open market and buy them at retail like everyone. They don't want to buy our bonds anymore. We keep having to sweeten the deal to keep them buying them. Our land as collateral is probably the next spoon of sugar we'll have to do, given the bond market will take a significant hit when the Social Security trust fund stops being a net buyer of US bonds and starts being a net seller of bonds. Not only will we have to replace the demand that the trust fund no longer is, but also offset the selling that the fund has now become.

Kyle Bass: "Zimbabwe's stock market was the best performer this decade - but your entire portfolio now buys you 3 eggs"

Some people really need to get off of the financial conspiracy sites.Oh, and ETA :lmao: at the thread in general

Some people really need to get off of the financial conspiracy sites.
There are definitely a ton of conspiracy sites out there. If you want to believe in the iluminati, jewish international bankers, the bildaberg group, etc, etc... the internet is a great place to be.It's all bunk though. None of what is happening is because a person, or a conspiracy of people planned for this to happen. We were not guided into this mess by a conspiracy.We are here for one reason, and one reason only... we humans are not as smart as we like to think we are.We have backed ourselves into a corner that there is no getting out of without some sort of painful operation. The reason wall street, DC and the world's smartest people cannot solve the problem we are in is because there is no solution to it. There are 360 degrees of direction this plane can go in, but every degree ends in the plane hitting the earth at some point. Pick whatever direction you want to go in... you're just picking your poison. To be honest, I'm the kind of guy who prefers the band aid just be ripped off as quick as possible, so I can just get it over with and begin moving on. But I know others don't like that poison, and prefer their poison to be the long drawn out method.The long drawn out method is what wall street and DC are choosing for us. This will draw out the poison we have to experience for 20+ years. I prefer just letting the whole thing crash right now and just starting all over. But again, it's just a matter of what poison do you prefer. Regardless, this flight ain't going to keep flying. Our assets will keep gaining altitude while the pilots do all the tricks they know to do. But really all they are doing is recalibrating the basis of measurement on their instruments so it looks to everyone else like the plane is rising. The reality is the plane is closer to earth than it was 4 years ago... but when you measure everything relative to the dollar you don't see that in the measurements.

There are definitely a ton of conspiracy sites out there. If you want to believe in the iluminati, jewish international bankers, the bildaberg group, etc, etc... the internet is a great place to be.It's all bunk though. None of what is happening is because a person, or a conspiracy of people planned for this to happen. We were not guided into this mess by a conspiracy.We are here for one reason, and one reason only... we humans are not as smart as we like to think we are.We have backed ourselves into a corner that there is no getting out of without some sort of painful operation. The reason wall street, DC and the world's smartest people cannot solve the problem we are in is because there is no solution to it. There are 360 degrees of direction this plane can go in, but every degree ends in the plane hitting the earth at some point. Pick whatever direction you want to go in... you're just picking your poison. To be honest, I'm the kind of guy who prefers the band aid just be ripped off as quick as possible, so I can just get it over with and begin moving on. But I know others don't like that poison, and prefer their poison to be the long drawn out method.The long drawn out method is what wall street and DC are choosing for us. This will draw out the poison we have to experience for 20+ years. I prefer just letting the whole thing crash right now and just starting all over. But again, it's just a matter of what poison do you prefer. Regardless, this flight ain't going to keep flying. Our assets will keep gaining altitude while the pilots do all the tricks they know to do. But really all they are doing is recalibrating the basis of measurement on their instruments so it looks to everyone else like the plane is rising. The reality is the plane is closer to earth than it was 4 years ago... but when you measure everything relative to the dollar you don't see that in the measurements.
No offense, but the reason you want the band aid pulled off quickly is because the effects on you are likely to be small. You would feel differently if ripping off the band aid meant that your kids wouldn't have food, or that you would lose your job, etc.

No offense, but the reason you want the band aid pulled off quickly is because the effects on you are likely to be small. You would feel differently if ripping off the band aid meant that your kids wouldn't have food, or that you would lose your job, etc.
No offense taken at all. That's really what the discussion needs to comes down to. How will the pain be distributed and for how long? But that's not a discussion that can be had while so many people are still in denial.

is the play here to leave the earth? i hear they are looking for volunteers for a one way trip to mars. how does my dollar do there?

No offense taken at all. That's really what the discussion needs to comes down to. How will the pain be distributed and for how long? But that's not a discussion that can be had while so many people are still in denial.
But isn't that really what the discussion has been about the entire time? Who's going to feel the pain of deficit and debt reduction?

is the play here to leave the earth? i hear they are looking for volunteers for a one way trip to mars. how does my dollar do there?
To be honest, I have no idea what they play is. That's kind of like asking how to play Hurricane Sandy days before it hit. There's just too many unknowns. If you've got someplace to go that won't be effected by all this, then great. But most people don't. So just be prepared to ride it out.But I really don't think you have to go all Doomsday Prepper. Things will get pretty bad, but not DOOMSDAY BAD!!! I think the rioting we've seen in Europe recently will eventually arrive here. It wouldn't take much for an Occupy Wall Street event or something similar escalate into what's been going on in Europe. But the whole collapse of society preppping that the doomsdayers are doing isn't necessary if you ask me. There will be great change in this country and around the world. But change in the world isn't something new. It's happened many times, without it having to be a doomsday change event. Will government change? Very probable if you ask me. These are the kinds of historic events that lead to change in government. But guns, bunkers, etc, etc... I don't see a need for it. But that's just my opinion.

But isn't that really what the discussion has been about the entire time? Who's going to feel the pain of deficit and debt reduction?
No. It hasn't. They have to decide if they are going the austerity route or the inflation route. There are other routes, but austerity and inflation are the only routes the banks and DC believe exists. For example, a debt jubilee would be quick and painless for nearly everyone, but it would destroy the banks, and a new banking, and probably a new currency system, would have to begin. Anyone who even tries to propose this is immediately silenced. If austerity is the decision... THEN it can be discussed who will feel the pain of deficit reduction.If inflation is the decision... THEN it can be discussed who will feel the pain of debt reduction.

There are definitely a ton of conspiracy sites out there. If you want to believe in the iluminati, jewish international bankers, the bildaberg group, etc, etc... the internet is a great place to be.It's all bunk though.

None of what is happening is because a person, or a conspiracy of people planned for this to happen. We were not guided into this mess by a conspiracy.

We are here for one reason, and one reason only... we humans are not as smart as we like to think we are.

We have backed ourselves into a corner that there is no getting out of without some sort of painful operation.

The reason wall street, DC and the world's smartest people cannot solve the problem we are in is because there is no solution to it. There are 360 degrees of direction this plane can go in, but every degree ends in the plane hitting the earth at some point. Pick whatever direction you want to go in... you're just picking your poison.

To be honest, I'm the kind of guy who prefers the band aid just be ripped off as quick as possible, so I can just get it over with and begin moving on. But I know others don't like that poison, and prefer their poison to be the long drawn out method.

The long drawn out method is what wall street and DC are choosing for us. This will draw out the poison we have to experience for 20+ years. I prefer just letting the whole thing crash right now and just starting all over. But again, it's just a matter of what poison do you prefer. Regardless, this flight ain't going to keep flying. Our assets will keep gaining altitude while the pilots do all the tricks they know to do. But really all they are doing is recalibrating the basis of measurement on their instruments so it looks to everyone else like the plane is rising. The reality is the plane is closer to earth than it was 4 years ago... but when you measure everything relative to the dollar you don't see that in the measurements.
To be honest, I have no idea what they play is. That's kind of like asking how to play Hurricane Sandy days before it hit. There's just too many unknowns. If you've got someplace to go that won't be effected by all this, then great. But most people don't. So just be prepared to ride it out.But I really don't think you have to go all Doomsday Prepper. Things will get pretty bad, but not DOOMSDAY BAD!!! I think the rioting we've seen in Europe recently will eventually arrive here. It wouldn't take much for an Occupy Wall Street event or something similar escalate into what's been going on in Europe. But the whole collapse of society preppping that the doomsdayers are doing isn't necessary if you ask me. There will be great change in this country and around the world. But change in the world isn't something new. It's happened many times, without it having to be a doomsday change event. Will government change? Very probable if you ask me. These are the kinds of historic events that lead to change in government. But guns, bunkers, etc, etc... I don't see a need for it. But that's just my opinion.
I just don't see it. There are plenty of shocks that could happen still, and the global economy and U.S. position in it will continue to evolve. The notion that modern monetary economics is a ponzi scheme that's going to lead to an inevitable and massive economic collapse really is just half a step above the preppers though IMO.

There are definitely a ton of conspiracy sites out there. If you want to believe in the iluminati, jewish international bankers, the bildaberg group, etc, etc... the internet is a great place to be.It's all bunk though.

None of what is happening is because a person, or a conspiracy of people planned for this to happen. We were not guided into this mess by a conspiracy.

We are here for one reason, and one reason only... we humans are not as smart as we like to think we are.

We have backed ourselves into a corner that there is no getting out of without some sort of painful operation.

The reason wall street, DC and the world's smartest people cannot solve the problem we are in is because there is no solution to it. There are 360 degrees of direction this plane can go in, but every degree ends in the plane hitting the earth at some point. Pick whatever direction you want to go in... you're just picking your poison.

To be honest, I'm the kind of guy who prefers the band aid just be ripped off as quick as possible, so I can just get it over with and begin moving on. But I know others don't like that poison, and prefer their poison to be the long drawn out method.

The long drawn out method is what wall street and DC are choosing for us. This will draw out the poison we have to experience for 20+ years. I prefer just letting the whole thing crash right now and just starting all over. But again, it's just a matter of what poison do you prefer. Regardless, this flight ain't going to keep flying. Our assets will keep gaining altitude while the pilots do all the tricks they know to do. But really all they are doing is recalibrating the basis of measurement on their instruments so it looks to everyone else like the plane is rising. The reality is the plane is closer to earth than it was 4 years ago... but when you measure everything relative to the dollar you don't see that in the measurements.
I just don't see it. There are plenty of shocks that could happen still, and the global economy and U.S. position in it will continue to evolve. The notion that modern monetary economics is a ponzi scheme that's going to lead to an inevitable and massive economic collapse really is just half a step above the preppers though IMO.
If you are trying to see it as a ponzi scheme, then you won't see it. Because it's not a ponzi scheme.

If you are trying to see it as a ponzi scheme, then you won't see it. Because it's not a ponzi scheme.
I'm very well aware that it's not, but that is one of the most common refrains of the econo-doomsayers.

I'm very well aware that it's not, but that is one of the most common refrains of the econo-doomsayers.
Probably because the fundamental architecture that cause a ponzi scheme to collapse is the same fundamental architecture that now exists in the US Dollar system.A ponzi scheme is far more than just its fundamantal architecture (intent to defraud, etc....), and those other aspects that make a ponzi scheme a ponzi scheme do not exist in the US Dollar system.

But I can see why, with both having the same fundamental architecture that casuses eventual collapse, one could call the dollar a ponzi scheme. In fact, I take that liberty myself sometimes. But I do so knowing that the dollar lacks many of the other aspects of really being a ponzi scheme. Both a ponzi scheme and the US dollar system suffer collapse if later generations can't provide the fuel the system needs.

Are we nearing the top of this thing though? Anyone thinking of cutting back on their stocks at this point now? I was thinking of taking about 10% off the table... prudent?

Are we nearing the top of this thing though? Anyone thinking of cutting back on their stocks at this point now? I was thinking of taking about 10% off the table... prudent?
You honestly think anyone in their right mind can make that type of market timing guess and be confident about it? Just look at the very first post in the thread for how poor a mistake like that can be when you just flat out guess. Trying to market time with large chunks of money incredibly difficult, IMO. People make more wrong guesses than right ones when they market time on hunches, both in up and in down markets. If you feel you have enough information via due diligence that you are concerned about a pull back, dollar cost average out at a pace that makes sense to you.

Mine are in a 401k I can't touch for nearly four more years so let it ride, I say. :excited:

Mine are in a 401k I can't touch for nearly four more years so let it ride, I say. :excited:
Why can't you touch your 401k? You should have some sort of money market fund inside the 401k that you could move money to if you wanted.

All this good news enticed me to check my portfolio today. Lost over a rack today. :cry:
wow, really? I think i'm up 4 racks today alone.How could you be down? You short the market?
I'm also up 4 Gs today. I didn't even know it was possible to lose that heavy today.
Bad news, good news thing.Lost a rack on KERX today but it was up 3x over the last 10 days so. Profit taking I suppose.

Why can't you touch your 401k? You should have some sort of money market fund inside the 401k that you could move money to if you wanted.
I meant pull it out altogether. I have migrated a small portion to a money market fund. This will increase over time as the great and glorious day draws nigh.

I meant pull it out altogether. I have migrated a small portion to a money market fund. This will increase over time as the great and glorious day draws nigh.
There's always a 401k loan. You take the money out the market to have on hand to spend on whatever (preferably to pay down debt). Then you pay it back into the 401k with interest. The drawback is that you pay the interest yourself instead of it growing naturally. Another drawback is if the market grows more than the interest rate for that time, you lost potential earnings. Don't do this if you plan on leaving the job though because then its a taxable distribution in the year you do which is added to your income for the year and with an added 10% penalty for being under 59.5. Still better return than a MM right now though.

Probably good to take some gains then.

'Matthias said:
This thread is exclusively for making fun of what's left of LHUCKS.Take the econotrope elsewhere.
Short of handcuffs, I don't think you can stop the Spock from going on about the inevitable economic meltdown.

There's always a 401k loan. You take the money out the market to have on hand to spend on whatever (preferably to pay down debt). Then you pay it back into the 401k with interest. The drawback is that you pay the interest yourself instead of it growing naturally. Another drawback is if the market grows more than the interest rate for that time, you lost potential earnings. Don't do this if you plan on leaving the job though because then its a taxable distribution in the year you do which is added to your income for the year and with an added 10% penalty for being under 59.5. Still better return than a MM right now though.
I don't want to hijack the "make fun of LHUCKS" thread but taking a 401K loan is always a bad idea. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because you end up paying double taxes on that money. Think about it. The money you invest in your 401K is tax deferred, meaning you will be required to pay taxes on it when you retire and start withdrawing it. If you take out a loan, you pay it back with after tax money. You've effectively changed the money in your 401K from pre tax to after tax but you are still required to pay taxes on it again when you withdraw.

I don't want to hijack the "make fun of LHUCKS" thread but taking a 401K loan is always a bad idea. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because you end up paying double taxes on that money. Think about it. The money you invest in your 401K is tax deferred, meaning you will be required to pay taxes on it when you retire and start withdrawing it. If you take out a loan, you pay it back with after tax money. You've effectively changed the money in your 401K from pre tax to after tax but you are still required to pay taxes on it again when you withdraw.
This is a common myth, but the principal isn't taxed twice. The interest is, but that's relatively minor, plus you get the benefit of tax deferred compounding of that interest. Not saying taking a loan is a good idea, but just wanted to point that out.

This is a common myth, but the principal isn't taxed twice. The interest is, but that's relatively minor, plus you get the benefit of tax deferred compounding of that interest. Not saying taking a loan is a good idea, but just wanted to point that out.
Exactly. Double taxation is only on the interest. Plus if you're putting it in as Roth contributions anyway, you've already paid the tax. Not saying that a 401k loan is a good idea just because. But if people are truly worried about the market, then use the money to pay down consumer debt while it "goes down." Beats sitting it in a MM and watching it gain .01% annually.

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:
Well, this is settled. LHUCKS is definitely worse than TGunz at predictions.

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.

The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:
I don't think you understand. It's totally going down someday. :coffee:

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.

I bolded the key part of the prediction.

Yep. The sun will NOT rise tomorrow. It may happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger that it won't.:iamcovered:

No. The key part of the prediction is the title and subtitle. What you have deemed the key part of the prediction is just LHUCKS loopholeing 101.

Yep. The sun will NOT rise tomorrow. It may happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger that it won't.:iamcovered:
If he was wrong, the Fed would not have began QE3 just days later. They began QE3 days later because he was right. Without a new massive Fed stimulus, the market was about to tank.

If he was wrong, the Fed would not have began QE3 just days later. They began QE3 days later because he was right. Without a new massive Fed stimulus, the market was about to tank.
But it didn't, so he was wrong.

So, getting all your money out and loading up on reverse index funds was the right play? Interesting.I'm no expert and never claimed to be, but it seems like being right is not really much consolation for going broke while everyone around you is getting rich.

Users who are viewing this thread