What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Going to blow your mind (1 Viewer)

Righetti

Footballguy
Hypothetical

One NFL team which played on Thursday trades their running back on Friday morning to a team that has a Monday night game. This player can now play in two games in a FF week, do you get points for both games???

Hypothetical

One NFL team which played on Thursday trades their running back on Friday morning to a team that has a Monday night game. This player can now play in two games in a FF week, do you get points for both games???
Fees up. You were high when you thought of this.

If so, interesting question. But somehow I doubt you get points for both games. If you originally started him playing for team A against team B, then that is where is slotted to play. The next game, team C against team D, is a different lineup slot, so to speak. But perhaps you have another player going in the later game, and want to insert the newly acquired player into that slot instead... That would be interesting indeed.

Moss did this when NE traded him to Minnesota if I remember right.

ETA: Maybe NE was on a bye that week. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't they earn game checks? Think this would result in more pay (#of games) he could earn. I wouldn't think the union would go for that.

Yes. This shows two week 4 values:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MossRa00/gamelog//
The Vikings were on a bye week 4. "Game 4" is week 5 but their 4th game.
Right. The two "game 4" listings are a week apart. Moss played 17 games in 17 weeks, so never had 2 games in one week. But...good memory and good try. I like it.

For the hypothetical situation, he should get points from both games. It would be interesting to ask ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, etc. how their sites would handle that situation.

Moss played on Monday night against Miami with New England, and then was traded the following Tuesday to Minnesota. I was at the Monday night game and heard the news on the way home that week, or I never would've remembered.

Moss played on Monday night against Miami with New England, and then was traded the following Tuesday to Minnesota. I was at the Monday night game and heard the news on the way home that week, or I never would've remembered.
Now that I think of it, that is correct. Moss never had a "bye" week that year even though by the end of the season he really wasn't worth rostering. He was traded to Minn after their bye week. so he played for NE in week 4 and MN in week 5.

^^ Better question,

What happens if the commissioner is a #### and forces someone to keep harvin in the lineup because he technically played for the jets last night?

:hijacked:

In my leagues, a player's status locks at gametime of his team's game. So whether he's starting or on a bench, that's where he stays through the end of the scoring period. Since the Jets played last night and Harvin was traded to them today, those owners who have him are SOL for this week.

In my leagues, a player's status locks at gametime of his team's game. So whether he's starting or on a bench, that's where he stays through the end of the scoring period. Since the Jets played last night and Harvin was traded to them today, those owners who have him are SOL for this week.
Oh wow.

A player's status locks at gametime of HIS TEAM'S GAME.Since Harvin was not a member of the Jets yesterday, his status should not have locked then or now.

A player's status locks at gametime of HIS TEAM'S GAME.Since Harvin was not a member of the Jets yesterday, his status should not have locked then or now.
I am just going by the way the rule is written in the leagues I play in. Once Harvin was traded, the Jets became his team and they already played this week. His status should lock (as set) at the time of the trade according to the rule. Now, as others have said, this is an unusual case and I would not be opposed to the commissioner manually overriding MFL and letting the Harvin owner bench him for another player. There is no provision in the rules, though, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Especially in one league where the commish is the Harvin owner and has him in his starting lineup.

I am just going by the way the rule is written in the leagues I play in. Once Harvin was traded, the Jets became his team and they already played this week. His status should lock (as set) at the time of the trade according to the rule. Now, as others have said, this is an unusual case and I would not be opposed to the commissioner manually overriding MFL and letting the Harvin owner bench him for another player. There is no provision in the rules, though, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Especially in one league where the commish is the Harvin owner and has him in his starting lineup.
MFL hasn't moved him. They probably won't until after Seattle plays the Rams.

Smart of them. Lots of ##### bag commissioners chomping at the bit to force some schmuck to take a fat zero because they weren't able to predict the future. The things people will do for a win...

whiskey7 said:
Joe%20Summer said:
whiskey7 said:
I am just going by the way the rule is written in the leagues I play in.
Then you're either not following your own rules, or you're not giving us all the information.

According to what you've said, a player's status locks at gametime of his team's game, right? It doesn't lock before gametime, or during the game, or after the game. It only locks at gametime. All members of the Jets were locked at 8:25 Thursday night.

Was Harvin a member of the Jets at 8:25 Thursday night? No. Therefore, his status cannot be locked.

It doesn't matter if Harvin joined the Jets AFTER 8:25, because your rules don't account for that scenario. Your rules only account for Harvin's status at gametime.

BassNBrew said:
whiskey7 said:
Joe Summer said:
whiskey7 said:
Yahoo hasn't moved him either and even had a site-ide note saying that they were intentionally keeping him on Sea for the weekend allowing owners to swap him out before Seatlle's Sunday game.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Any commissioner that forces an owner to keep Harvin in their starting lineup this week has no business being a commissioner.
+1000

Every league needs some version of this...

These rules are intended to be comprehensive, but there are inevitably times when something comes up not covered in the rules. In that event, the Commissioner will consult with people in the league and outsiders (if necessary) and make a ruling in the best interest of the league.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Any commissioner that forces an owner to keep Harvin in their starting lineup this week has no business being a commissioner.If a league has a rule that say all players lock in on Thursday (not a rule I like, but...z0
If a league has a rule that locks the whole roster at the start of the Thursday game (not one I like, but...), then tough....

Otherwise, since Harvin was not a Jet when the game started, then I'd have to say you could bench him...

Now that I think of it, that is correct. Moss never had a "bye" week that year even though by the end of the season he really wasn't worth rostering. He was traded to Minn after their bye week. so he played for NE in week 4 and MN in week 5.
Except that Moss was waived by the Vikes and signed by the Titans before their bye week.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Any commissioner that forces an owner to keep Harvin in their starting lineup this week has no business being a commissioner.
+1000

Every league needs some version of this...

These rules are intended to be comprehensive, but there are inevitably times when something comes up not covered in the rules. In that event, the Commissioner will consult with people in the league and outsiders (if necessary) and make a ruling in the best interest of the league.
Opening a can of worms if you have that as a by law.

Users who are viewing this thread