What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gold Rush: Alaska (1 Viewer)

Hoffman crew $8,000 per man for their season. Well that doesn't amount to much and short of their 100 ounces goal. But Todd claims he's got the system down now and is going for 1000 ounces next year.Parker's mine lacking gold this year but just in the end finds a trace of gold in his new location.Dakota boys did fairly well and now just inches from the glory hole!Sets up nicely for their 3rd season. Makes for good tv.No one got rich on their gold findings but the real gold is THE SHOW. That was the great find. That is where they are cashing in.
I sure hope Jack's "beloved 400 excavator" makes it through the winter OK...Which reminds me, do these guys just leave all these bulldozers and loaders and "d-rockers" sitting out in the snow and ice all winter long? Don't they have to drain oil from engines and water from hoses etc. before they split for the south? My lawnmower is hard enough to start in the spring if I don't do a little preventive maintenance before I put it away for the winter, let alone the D8 Cat bulldozer that somebody broke.
It's likely that Discovery will be upgrading their equipment next season, although they'll make it look like the Hoffman's are buying it. If they're going to move to a larger claim next year the stuff they have now will be worthless.

'ceo3west said:
I don't know why they don't film a real operation that's getting hundreds of ounces per season. Instead they show these clowns.
I don't get it either. A 2 person dredge on the Bering Sea Gold show got 100 ounces in one day. These guys work hard an all, but they don't seem to be doing it right. 8 g's is supposed to pay bills for these guys? Jimmy from season 1 was right to quit and find real work. These guys are just playing around. I'm a sucker for watching every episode though. This season seemed like it would never end.

'ceo3west said:
I don't know why they don't film a real operation that's getting hundreds of ounces per season. Instead they show these clowns.
I don't get it either. A 2 person dredge on the Bering Sea Gold show got 100 ounces in one day. These guys work hard an all, but they don't seem to be doing it right. 8 g's is supposed to pay bills for these guys? Jimmy from season 1 was right to quit and find real work. These guys are just playing around. I'm a sucker for watching every episode though. This season seemed like it would never end.
And there's still 1 more episode, I think. Not sure if it's clips, but they did pimp it last night.

'ceo3west said:
I would think the 8k has gotta be a drop in the bucket compared to what they get paid for being on the show.

They were all pretty irritated with James when he bailed on them to hang out with his girlfriend. I'm guessing he's the guy that Todd boots off the crew?

'CrossEyed said:
They were all pretty irritated with James when he bailed on them to hang out with his girlfriend. I'm guessing he's the guy that Todd boots off the crew?
Yeah not much of a shocker. My DVR ended up picking up the repeat late last night.Todd was a #### to Parker when he came to visit him up in the Kondike, he acted very immature not telling him how much gold they had pulled thus far. There's nothing to be ashamed about, Parker was working off of an established mine and the Hoffman's were working from square 1.Pretty interesting that Dakota Fred was not mentioned even once in this episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
'CrossEyed said:
Yeah not much of a shocker. My DVR ended up picking up the repeat late last night.Todd was a #### to Parker when he came to visit him up in the Kondike, he acted very immature not telling him how much gold they had pulled thus far. There's nothing to be ashamed about, Parker was working off of an established mine and the Hoffman's were working from square 1.Pretty interesting that Dakota Fred was not mentioned even once in this episode.
You are right, you might think that a simple follow up on his house situation would be appropriate.

I am surprised none of the miners foresaw the issues with inspections due to the show.

Agreed that Todd was being a baby. Glad to see the machanic gone.

2-3 sites for the Hoffman's next year?

'CrossEyed said:
You are right, you might think that a simple follow up on his house situation would be appropriate.
No chance that Fred treated the crew like crap and they want nothing to do with him, right? Nah, what would make me think that.

Hoffman crew $8,000 per man for their season. Well that doesn't amount to much and short of their 100 ounces goal. But Todd claims he's got the system down now and is going for 1000 ounces next year.Parker's mine lacking gold this year but just in the end finds a trace of gold in his new location.Dakota boys did fairly well and now just inches from the glory hole!Sets up nicely for their 3rd season. Makes for good tv.No one got rich on their gold findings but the real gold is THE SHOW. That was the great find. That is where they are cashing in.
I'd like to how they get 2 sites up next year with only $8k from each of these guys, oh wait they are broke. They really should treat Discovery better since they are floating their entire expedition.

So I wonder what shenanigans the boys are up to this summer.
I bet they have trouble finding gold, then someone quits, then it gets cold, and then they are thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to hitting the big score and they have to leave.

So I wonder what shenanigans the boys are up to this summer.
I bet they have trouble finding gold, then someone quits, then it gets cold, then something breaks and they fix it the wrong way, then old guy tells us for the millionth time that there is 5-6 million worth of gold under them, and then they are thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to hitting the big score and they have to leave.
fixed

They went gold mining in Guyana over the winter, so there shouldn't be any rust. (Special episode detailing those exploits in August BTW) Maybe they'll make $16,000 a guy this year. Double Down!!!

They went gold mining in Guyana over the winter, so there shouldn't be any rust. (Special episode detailing those exploits in August BTW) Maybe they'll make $16,000 a guy this year. Double Down!!!
On right now. Waiting to see if they are moving the operation to South America.

Damn. I was hoping another grape Kool-Aid type finale might be possible. These guys make Keystone cops look like geniuses.

So Parker bails out BigFoot by clearing all the snow off his equipment and getting his machines started up, costing him $200 in fuel and of course his time. BigFoot doesn't reimburse him, and barely even thanks him.

Parker needs a new electical panel, BigFoot has one he isn't even using, and tries to rape Parker on the price. Won't even loan him the thing.

The funny thing is BigFoot claims he only came back to the show because he didn't like the way he was portayed last year. He thinks he's a stand up guy. Then in the very first episode, he screws Parker after Parker saved his behind. I hope 'ol Fred gets buried in debris this year, or his house gets burned down. Karma is a beitch... after he claim jumped Todd's crew last year, his house was washed away in a flood. This time, I pray for fire.

No TV show has ever made me feel more like a sucker than this one. And the funny thing is, I would not have expected this from something on Discovery Channel.

Parker is a cool kid. But the rest of this show feels staged, damn near fraudulent. No thanks. Clowns and buffoons delight.

No TV show has ever made me feel more like a sucker than this one. And the funny thing is, I would not have expected this from something on Discovery Channel.Parker is a cool kid. But the rest of this show feels staged, damn near fraudulent. No thanks. Clowns and buffoons delight.
Staged to what extent?They still got me :fishing: and sinker.

No TV show has ever made me feel more like a sucker than this one. And the funny thing is, I would not have expected this from something on Discovery Channel.Parker is a cool kid. But the rest of this show feels staged, damn near fraudulent. No thanks. Clowns and buffoons delight.
Staged to what extent?They still got me :fishing: and sinker.
Mrs.BB2K3: Let me guess they catch lots of crabs? Oh right this is the show where they dont find gold, have zero money but year after year are able to come back and lose it all again. :rolleyes:

If there's one conclusion I've come to from watching this show, it's that I wish that John Schnabel was my grandfather.

If there's one conclusion I've come to from watching this show, it's that I wish that John Schnabel was my grandfather.
I can't keep thinking every time they show a memorable scene with him that it will be "that scene" they decide to replay when he passes, the guy is really getting up there in age and it will be sad to see him go.

The Jungle Gold guys make Todd & Co. look like geniuses.

They are trying to mine gold in Ghana without enough drainage in the rainy season and not nearly enough security from rival claim jumpers.

Last episode I caught they already blew through their $150k investment and they have only mined a third of an ounce. :lmao:

The Jungle Gold guys make Todd & Co. look like geniuses.

They are trying to mine gold in Ghana without enough drainage in the rainy season and not nearly enough security from rival claim jumpers.

Last episode I caught they already blew through their $150k investment and they have only mined a third of an ounce. :lmao:
Nobody could make Todd look like a genius. I can't believe he tore apart his wash plant before finding out his new one is still three weeks out. :lmao:

Agreed with others here... it's scripted now, all entirely fake. Looking back, no wonder Todd didn't get upset when his best boy friend went with the other crew... all scripted drama. poorly written drama at that. Now, that other show that follows? Gold rush Africa? Gimmee a break... how fake is THAT?

Jungle Gold guys make a deal where they buy a gold bar worth $75k for only $35k, their last $35k, yeah that doesn't sound fishy. This amount will allow them to stake a new claim that requires $50k. They have to drive to the middle of nowhere for the deal, they have no guns. They make the deal and drive out of there, only to be ambushed by a guy on a motor bike with an assault rifle after they got out of their jeep to clear a roadblock. Guy with mask fires one shot, reaches in jeep for bag, and then drives out of there. Then they fly home the next day with their tail between their legs saying they'll be back.

The whole time i was thinking, put that bar somewhere else or drive over the logs....wtf.

Users who are viewing this thread