What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Video Game Draft 2011 (1 Viewer)

Very happy with my vllain rankings. Okay with my flex ranking....but the original thinking of my strategy game definately brings it out of last place. Chess is the strategy.period. Of course the only other game I played that was drafted was bomberman. I was racking my brain to come up with anything for this category when I suddenly remembered chessmaster.

Oh and to those who don't get why NFL 2K5 is so highly praised.

I ask you this: Why in the world did it take 4 1/2 years to integrate espn presentation on next gen?
An article came out today on 1up where NFL 2K5 was credited of getting the presentation right but Madden still hasn't gotten it.
NFL 2K5 is the one slot here where i feel i really got jobbed. that should be the #1 Sports game of all time

I ask you this: Why in the world did it take 4 1/2 years to integrate espn presentation on next gen?
An article came out today on 1up where NFL 2K5 was credited of getting the presentation right but Madden still hasn't gotten it.
NFL 2K5 is the one slot here where i feel i really got jobbed. that should be the #1 Sports game of all time
I guess I just don't get the hype. :coffee:

I guess I just don't get the hype. :bag:
It's a good game. The big thing was, they added presentation/highlights to it, which Madden didn't have for years.It's also the underdog darling to big, bad EA. And gee whiz, it was only $20 (hmmm, I wonder why 2k couldn't compete for the NFL license?)

Truthfully, it was no better than that year's Madden in terms of gameplay. Presentation, it was light years ahead, but the actual game of football? Not much different. In fact, I'd argue 2k5 was more arcade-like, and had more money plays.

Flex Video Game25. Robotron 2084 - Arcade (25.06) - I'm not gonna lie, I've never even heard of this. Looking at the reviews, screenshots, etc....eh. Too low?

Let me know if there are disagreements and something should be changed. If there is a general consensus, things could change. It is nearly impossible to compare games that are just so different from one another.
Never heard of Robotron? It's an arcade classic from Williams which used 2 joysticks (I think it was the first to do this) - 1 for movement and one for firing.Just an incredible pace and an addictive game. It's in my top 10 of all arcade games.

Action/Adventure

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64 (1.09) - arguably the best game in one of the best series ever. I conferred with my brother, a big Zelda fan, for this one...I said, simply, "Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past?"....and he answered immediately and agreed that it's not close between the two.

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES (3.04) - see OoT.

3. Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3 (6.08) - might take some #### for this, but why the hell not - IMO, the best of the series that I've played. Rockstar really outdid themselves with this one...this remains my favorite PS3 game.

4. God of War - PS2 (4.09) - arguably the best PS2 game ever made. Spawned a great series as well.

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3 (8.13) - not much to say....great game, from what I've seen. A deserving GOTY award-winner from numerous groups.

6. Shadow of the Colossus - PS2 (4.07) - I think it'll be interesting to see just how this is regarded in the history of gaming a few years down the line. I'll give it some credit for being a supposedly great game, although I've never played it.

7. Pitfall - Atari (8.11) - tough to rank this against the other newer-generation games. This game pissed me off to no end the few times I got to play it on the Atari, but it is legendary...

8. Tomb Raider - PS1 (7.13) - no complaints about this one being in here.

9. Shenmue - Dreamcast (20.06) - has there been another game out there that has divided critics so sharply? Either you love it or you hate it....luckily for the drafter, I was one of the 10 people in the US who owned a Dreamcast....

10. Ninja Gaiden - Xbox (13.11) - no comments

11. Myst - PC (14.04) - similar to Pitfall, tough to rank.

12. Splinter Cell - Xbox (15.02) - it's really a deep category to have this rated so low.

13. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Wii (20.02) - just doesn't compare to the rest of the titles drafted here, IMO. The gap between 12 and 13 is pretty large, IMO.

Action/Adventure

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64 (1.09) - arguably the best game in one of the best series ever. I conferred with my brother, a big Zelda fan, for this one...I said, simply, "Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past?"....and he answered immediately and agreed that it's not close between the two.

3. Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3 (6.08) - might take some #### for this, but why the hell not - IMO, the best of the series that I've played. Rockstar really outdid themselves with this one...this remains my favorite PS3 game.

4. God of War - PS2 (4.09) - arguably the best PS2 game ever made. Spawned a great series as well.

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3 (8.13) - not much to say....great game, from what I've seen. A deserving GOTY award-winner from numerous groups.

6. Shadow of the Colossus - PS2 (4.07) - I think it'll be interesting to see just how this is regarded in the history of gaming a few years down the line. I'll give it some credit for being a supposedly great game, although I've never played it.

7. Pitfall - Atari (8.11) - tough to rank this against the other newer-generation games. This game pissed me off to no end the few times I got to play it on the Atari, but it is legendary...

9. Shenmue - Dreamcast (20.06) - has there been another game out there that has divided critics so sharply? Either you love it or you hate it....luckily for the drafter, I was one of the 10 people in the US who owned a Dreamcast....

12. Splinter Cell - Xbox (15.02) - it's really a deep category to have this rated so low.

13. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Wii (20.02) - just doesn't compare to the rest of the titles drafted here, IMO. The gap between 12 and 13 is pretty large, IMO.
why no comments on Ninja Gaiden? Also I believe Myst would of been better ranked as a puzzle game (that is where I was gonna put it) However, Larryboy swiped me and he already had apuzzle at the time. Overall not too bad on the rankings..I would of dropped Link to the Past a bit (mostly because I don't like putting same series games together at the top..makes one look like a homer too much) I also would of raised Pitfall some...because it was as the judge said, LEGENDARY

Halo - 13 Points

The greatest launch game made yet. My mind was blown the day I skipped school to pick up my xbox on launch day, snuck home to an unused basement room with a 13" console tv, and played in secrecy until it was time for me to pretend to come home from school. The introduction of the flood was a sick plot point and the last level on legendary remains as one of my all time favorite video game experiences, especially the warthog run at the end of the game with a buddy.

Goldeneye - 12 Points

This game had so much going for it. Probably the best multiplayer/party game of it's decade. Easy to plan and fun to master. Single player was legit as well, loved playing through each level a million times trying to unlock the time cheats or playing with the stuff on. How did it never get old shooting hats off with a silenced PP7?

Doom - 11 Points

Playing this game legit as a young teen scared the crap out of me, and it introduced the BFG. I missed out on a lot of the fun once I discovered the no clipping codes.

Unreal Tournament - 10 Points

This game was so fast and fun, if only it had just a bit more popularity with the masses. Weapons were extremely balanced and secondary modes of fire was awesome.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 9 Points

Jumping to the modern times was a good idea.

Quake - 8 Points

Railgun was super sweet, but how many people actually had PC's at the time that could play this game the way it was supposed to be run? Had a really high learning curve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops - 7 Points

IGN only gave it a 8.5. I haven't played it but I can't argue with the popularity.

Counterstrike- Source - 6 Points

Half Life 2 gaming engine is still the best FPS shooter I've played on.

Wolfenstein 3d - 5 Points

It was first, and everyone had at least the shareware version, but what else did it have going for it?

Time Crisis 2 - 4 Points

The pedal action brought a new level to the game you just couldn't find anywhere else.

Return to Caste Wolfenstein - 3 Points

Highly anticipated and played like it was supposed to, but these games were just too straight forward.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 2 Points

I remember the digital character rendering to be pretty cool, but hard for an arcade game to compete with the rest of this category.

Tomb Raider 2 - 1 Point

Plenty of adventure, not much shooting.

Halo - 13 Points

The greatest launch game made yet. My mind was blown the day I skipped school to pick up my xbox on launch day, snuck home to an unused basement room with a 13" console tv, and played in secrecy until it was time for me to pretend to come home from school. The introduction of the flood was a sick plot point and the last level on legendary remains as one of my all time favorite video game experiences, especially the warthog run at the end of the game with a buddy.

Goldeneye - 12 Points

This game had so much going for it. Probably the best multiplayer/party game of it's decade. Easy to plan and fun to master. Single player was legit as well, loved playing through each level a million times trying to unlock the time cheats or playing with the stuff on. How did it never get old shooting hats off with a silenced PP7?

Doom - 11 Points

Playing this game legit as a young teen scared the crap out of me, and it introduced the BFG. I missed out on a lot of the fun once I discovered the no clipping codes.

Unreal Tournament - 10 Points

This game was so fast and fun, if only it had just a bit more popularity with the masses. Weapons were extremely balanced and secondary modes of fire was awesome.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 9 Points

Jumping to the modern times was a good idea.

Quake - 8 Points

Railgun was super sweet, but how many people actually had PC's at the time that could play this game the way it was supposed to be run? Had a really high learning curve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops - 7 Points

IGN only gave it a 8.5. I haven't played it but I can't argue with the popularity.

Counterstrike- Source - 6 Points

Half Life 2 gaming engine is still the best FPS shooter I've played on.

Wolfenstein 3d - 5 Points

It was first, and everyone had at least the shareware version, but what else did it have going for it?

Time Crisis 2 - 4 Points

The pedal action brought a new level to the game you just couldn't find anywhere else.

Return to Caste Wolfenstein - 3 Points

Highly anticipated and played like it was supposed to, but these games were just too straight forward.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 2 Points

I remember the digital character rendering to be pretty cool, but hard for an arcade game to compete with the rest of this category.

Tomb Raider 2 - 1 Point

Plenty of adventure, not much shooting.
Nice job. Good mix of single player / multi / firsts. Halo is definitely deserving - it essentially changed shooters for the better by introducing limited weapons, easy grenades, and (thankfully) *healing* (in the form of the shield for the first Halo). And the Flood was an amazing twist.

Action/Adventure

Good list.

IGN had Shadow of the Colossus rated #1 of all time ranking PS2 games. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
IGN had Shadow of the Colossus rated #1 of all time ranking PS2 games. :goodposting:
There hasn't been a game like it before or since. The only thing that comes to mind is Kratos climbing those titans, but Kratos wasn't trying to kill the giants like the Wander was.

Just 4 more to go:

Still waiting on the rankings from the following categories (judge in bold):

Fourth Generation - hooter311

Seventh Generation - STEADYMOBBIN 22

Suspense/Horror - Insein

Best Main Character - Steve Tasker

:lmao: I think I'm making somewhat of a comeback here. I had no idea where Pokemon was going to fall, and got lucky with Star Fox so late in the Flex category. X-Com! :( Tomb Raider may have been a little lower than I would've ranked it, but no complaints. No problem with Halo over Goldeneye. I would've had to argue if it was below anything else though.

By the way, does anyone have updated standings?

:pickle: I think I'm making somewhat of a comeback here. I had no idea where Pokemon was going to fall, and got lucky with Star Fox so late in the Flex category. X-Com! :thumbup: Tomb Raider may have been a little lower than I would've ranked it, but no complaints. No problem with Halo over Goldeneye. I would've had to argue if it was below anything else though.

By the way, does anyone have updated standings?
mariokart - 111 ptsAndy Dufresne - 133

wazoo11 - 136

rikishiboy - 138

larryboy - 139

AcerFC - 150

biggamer3 - 153

bmarks6161 - 157

Pollardsvision - 160

bluedredso - 165

Yo Mama - 171

Madshot - 177

SlaX - 212 pts

Also, I felt that Counter-strike really got snubbed in a console-biased ranking there, but I don't care. People will still be playing Counter-strike long after Halo is long gone and forgotten about. It's still the 2nd most popular FPS in the world right now, 2nd to Team Fortress 2.

Nice job. Good mix of single player / multi / firsts.

Halo is definitely deserving - it essentially changed shooters for the better by introducing limited weapons, easy grenades, and (thankfully) *healing* (in the form of the shield for the first Halo). And the Flood was an amazing twist.
Many credit Halo's "innovation" of regenerating health as the start of a downfall in gaming, where strategy was tossed aside in favor of duck & cover to wait for your life bar to fill up so you could go back to killing some foo's again. Sure, it kept you in the action, but I always preferred knowing that I had to get through the next section without taking much damage because there wasn't any health kits nearby. That's gone in new games. Just another WIN button for the new generation of games.

Halo is definitely deserving - it essentially changed shooters for the better by introducing limited weapons, easy grenades, and (thankfully) *healing* (in the form of the shield for the first Halo). And the Flood was an amazing twist.
Many credit Halo's "innovation" of regenerating health as the start of a downfall in gaming, where strategy was tossed aside in favor of duck & cover to wait for your life bar to fill up so you could go back to killing some foo's again. Sure, it kept you in the action, but I always preferred knowing that I had to get through the next section without taking much damage because there wasn't any health kits nearby. That's gone in new games. Just another WIN button for the new generation of games.
I gotta disagree.... first, the whole concept of healing is ridiculous to start with. Second, you could just as easily say that before regen healing the strategy was to make sure you were near health. In fact, regen healing leveled the playing field - previously, it was often more luck than not in who got health/etc. Now everyone gets it, and that's that. There's always the Rainbow six games if you want more of "one shot, one kill" gameplay.

Plus, for single player, I can't count how many times a game was somewhat ruined because I got stuck somewhere w/ a sliver of a life bar due to something stupid (like a grenade taking an odd bounce) / no healing nearby / tons of enemies, and my last save was 30 hard-fought minutes ago. Regen healing fixes that.

I gotta disagree.... first, the whole concept of healing is ridiculous to start with. Second, you could just as easily say that before regen healing the strategy was to make sure you were near health. In fact, regen healing leveled the playing field - previously, it was often more luck than not in who got health/etc. Now everyone gets it, and that's that. There's always the Rainbow six games if you want more of "one shot, one kill" gameplay.

Plus, for single player, I can't count how many times a game was somewhat ruined because I got stuck somewhere w/ a sliver of a life bar due to something stupid (like a grenade taking an odd bounce) / no healing nearby / tons of enemies, and my last save was 30 hard-fought minutes ago. Regen healing fixes that.
Allow me to rephrase. I do think that regenerating health is actually not a better way of dealing with health in games. I think it does have a place in games, but I think it's a cheap way of doing things. Let me give you a scenerio I've encountered in Half-Life 2: Episode 1:The elevator scene to be exact. For those of you who didn’t play it: you are waiting for the elevator (and it is taking its time), while you are being attacked by zombies. Oh and it’s completely dark, so you can’t see thing. And your flashlight can last only a short while, so you have to go dark couple times for couple seconds. There is a tiny bit of light in front the elevator shaft, so you stick around it.

Some zombies will drop grenades near you and one grenade did hurt me pretty bad - I was almost dead. Elevator was still on its way and zombies kept coming. I knew I just can’t survive much longer in front of the elevator shaft. So I had to sprint down into the darkness to look for some health packs. Now sprinting drains the same power that my flashlight uses, so I was either sprinting in complete darkness or I was using my flashlight. Using both at the same time would drain my suit’s power too fast and I would be dead.

So here came the frantic sprinting in the darkness with occasional uses of flashlight to reveal zombies and to search for health packs. I finally got it and I ran as fast as I can to the elevator with pack of zombies behind me. I just barely made it and my heart was racing.

Well, what’s the lesson? If I had regenerating health or shields, I would just sit tight in front of the elevator shaft, shooting zombies. No running in pitch black, no heart racing, no frantic searching for the little thing that can save you. If I had regenerating health, I simply wouldn’t experience that wonderfully intense gameplay moment. Absence of any kind of regeneration forced me to leave my cover”(shaft behind me and Alyx covering one side) and burst into the darkness to save myself.

Now, I can understand the frustration you mentioned with having a savepoint/checkpoint right when you've been tossed a grenade or been out in open fire and have no to low life. These are either cause by anomalies or by bad design, and yes, there have been many times I have gone back to an old save to prevent it. It happens, the same as other bugs do. I'd take these 1000X over rather than Half-Life given a make-over with regenerating health. And we also know that realistic, one-shot/one-kill games like Rainbow Six aren't what we're referring to here. I'm not playing a game made by Nintendo, I don't expect them to give me an option for Super Guide to get me through the level if I can't make it through myself, which is where I'm afraid every game is heading.

Thanks for keeping the discussion going here.

Been real hectic with the kiddies here. I will have the suspense horror genre done soon. Im suprised the other categories are not completed yet though.

Things I learned from this draft:

1) Videogamers are pretty accepting. I judged three categories, and there was very little complaining. Not used to that. Nice.

2) I must have missed a TON of great console games. I mentioned this in the thread earlier, but I was 19 when the NES came out, and at that time, I was waaaay more interested in girls, booze, and going out than I was playing what looked like little kid's games of Italian plumbers jumping over mushrooms (actually, today, I'm still more interested in women and booze than Mario, but I digress). It kind of soured me on consoles. Except for a few sports games on the genesis, I missed the console stuff until the first xbox was years into its run. I missed the NES, the PS, the PS2, etc. I did get back into gaming in the 90's, but it was on a PC.

3) I see the above kind of went both ways - the overwhelming "early console" love in this draft surprised me. I do remember a little bit of "PC vs. Console" in the 90's - it seemed most (but not all) people were more or less one or the other. I was more on the PC end of things, but I did go back and played some of those great console games I "missed" (like Chrono trigger, the FF games, etc). I'm not sure how possible this is because computers have changed so much, but if you weren't into PC gaming in the mid to late 90's, man you missed a lot of great stuff, and I'd recommend at least trying to go back and sample a few things. For example, if you like RPG's, you need to play the first two Fallouts, Baldur's Gate 2, etc.

This was a fun draft to watch/judge. Looking forward to seeing the last of the rankings.

I'm not sure the judges want to finish this. A few of the participants have been grateful and good sports, others have complained and took this waaaay too seriously. Kinda kills the fun for the judges when the they're putting in time and effort to analyse all the picks only to hear whining.

I'm not sure the judges want to finish this. A few of the participants have been grateful and good sports, others have complained and took this waaaay too seriously. Kinda kills the fun for the judges when the they're putting in time and effort to analyse all the picks only to hear whining.
Truthfully, I thought there was very little whining - nothing like the TV/music/sports drafts. Partially, I think it's because many people didn't play some of the games ranked above their pick, so it was more of a "well, maybe it is better". Games are one of those things that kind of have a limited window - generally speaking, if you don't play a game within a year or two of it being released, you probably won't ever play it. Technology / gameplay moves forward, etc. At lot of the appeal of these classic games is the "magic" you felt when it was new.

Truthfully, I thought there was very little whining - nothing like the TV/music/sports drafts. Partially, I think it's because many people didn't play some of the games ranked above their pick, so it was more of a "well, maybe it is better". Games are one of those things that kind of have a limited window - generally speaking, if you don't play a game within a year or two of it being released, you probably won't ever play it. Technology / gameplay moves forward, etc. At lot of the appeal of these classic games is the "magic" you felt when it was new.
Yeah, I didn't have much I could complain about (other than giving Sea Ropes hell for screwing Tyson). Sadly, I actually only played a third of the games that I drafted. My gaming experience is pretty much the exact opposite of yours. I was 6 when the NES came out and I've never actually played a game on a PC. I loved the NES and SNES, but never played a 5th or 6th generation game (you know, tail, booze, etc). Hell, I started college in '97 and somehow never played Goldeneye. Still not sure how that happened. I think me and my buddies were the only college students in America not playing that game.

I disagree. There's only so much discussion we can get into right now and that is mostly about the most recent rankings. Most games I've tried talking up haven't even been my own picks. I've also tried to lend video game information and trivia that many of the others may not be aware of. I feel the discussion in this thread has been much more tame than any you'd get in a video game forum, where all of the posters take things seriously. If the judges do decide to kill this thing, it matters not to me. I participated in the draft for fun. I believe every participant did well and deserves a spot at the top of the rankings.One thing that surprised me about my draft was only taking one game from the 80's (Mega Man 2). (I've always considered myself an old school gamer. My first game I ever played was Pong. My first gaming addiction was Pac-man. I didn't care that Pac-Man for the Atari 2600 sucked because I played the #### out of that anyway. Yesterday was my daughter's 4th birthday and we took her to Chuck E Cheese and I made sure to visit the Ms Pac-Man/Galaga machine while I was there, even though I own both games on XBLA and have them on MAME. Nothing like playing on a coin-op machine.)

Sorry about taking forever guys. I've been swamped at work. I have my rankings nearly done, however I need to finish the writeups. My router went out the other day and the new one from Verizon doesn't come in until Tuesday. Sorry if I'm being Richard, but hell if I've re-writing the whole thing on my phone.

Sorry about taking forever guys. I've been swamped at work. I have my rankings nearly done, however I need to finish the writeups. My router went out the other day and the new one from Verizon doesn't come in until Tuesday. Sorry if I'm being Richard, but hell if I've re-writing the whole thing on my phone.
I wouldn't re-write it on my phone either.

Still alive! Yea 2 kids is harder than 1. No downtime at all. If one is a sleep the other is usually crying. But now I'm back to work this week which if anything gives me some time to research the category again. Hopefully they'll be done by this week.

I got Bioshock 2 for $8 today at the Blockbuster that's closing down nearby. :pickle:
Very nice. I still haven't played it because I considered the first a masterpiece. I'm sure its good but it might ruin the experience for me. I can't imagine them improving the original story.

Best Multiplayer Total Annihilation - PC (27.06) Yo Mama

Best Multiplayer Starcraft (3.07) wazoo11

Steal of the draft imo. The game and it's user base was far ahead of the curve on almost every level. The way they dealt with resource management, physics, and customization from the community is still missing in most RTS's today. One of the great features that was created was the ability to record the games and have other people watch it from any perspective. What that means is if there was an 8 player match you could watch as any of the 8 players and see their strategy, see where they were looking, and also double check to see if people were attempting to cheat. You could also watch with other people and watch the recording with a whiteboard feature so that you could make notes on how your team would play in the next game. This feature alone is something I have been waiting for in Madden, but hey we now get to upload up to 5 videos at 7 seconds a piece....wooh.

Being that I'm like a zombie most nights, it should put me in the right mindframe to judge the horror genre right? It will get done in the next 3 days. Maybe 4.

Which happens first? We get the rest of the rankings or St Louis Bob's neighbor takes down his Christmas lights? Go.

Seventh Generation (2005-Present)

OK guys, here we go.....

13th place - Guitar Hero 3 - PS3 (21.05) - Unfortunately Guitar hero 3's ranking suffers like the majority of the bottom half of my rankings due to it's sequel status. I am even new to the RB/GH series having just bought RB1 and subsequent issues in the past month. The Beatles one was actually the most fun of thew bunch simply because you got to play them from their early days till the later catalog. RB3 is the best of the series, however it offers nothing new.

12th place - Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun of the Patriots - PS3 (14.13)
- Quite simply, the same can be said for all these Metal Gear games. The actually gameplay is fantastic. However there just isn't much of it, or it gets bogged down by completely boring and often times irrelevant cut scenes. MGS4 is the same. Amazing graphics, very good action, too, too much story. I value story over graphics, but not over gameplay. Certainly not when the story isn't that great to begin with.

11th place - Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii (5.10) - OK, I gotta admit, I wasn't even enthralled with the first one like some of you guys were. This one doesn't even have the charm or newness of that one. This is a judge's opinion and personal taste, I just don't like Mario in 3D. What these games are designed for are platforming. Platforming in 3D rarely works.

10th place - Borderlands - Xbox 360 (27.01) Borderlands is a very solid title. It has the cel shaded graphics style that I love. It has an endless supply of weapons and items. It has online multiplayer, and several expansions. With all that being said, something feels stale about halfway in. Solid all around, just not exceptional.

09th place - Assassin's Creed 2 - Xbox 360 (13.09) - Better then the first, more of the same. Really tired of the sequels.

08th place - God Of War III - PS3 (18.06) - God I feel like I'm going to be saying the same thing on all these sequels. Whats with all the sequels!?!>!>! Same deal, better then the previous versions, however the shine has worn off.

07th place - Resistance: Fall Of Man - PS3 (23.12
) - I played this one all the way through. Honestly if it were not for being set in 1951, I would have most likely put it down. However is was and I didn't. Really liked this game and especially liked the enemy AI. Solid title. Solid, but not Gears.

06th place - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - PC (22.07)
- Finally a (semi) original game. this game came out several years ago, but it's setting and story set this apart. I am normally the last guy who likes traversing dark areas with a flashlight, however this game handled it well. If you missed out on this gem the first go around, you missed out.

05th place - Donkey Kong Country Return - Wii (23.11)
- Again its sequel status keeps this form a higher ranking. Maybe a younger judge who hasn't played a billion games would be less critical, but alas I am older and I have played a billion games. This game is fun, has graphic improvements, and even some new features, but having been there and done that before, it only gets ranked 5th on my board.

04th place - LittleBigPlanet - PS3 (7.12) YAY! A game with limitless playability. LBP is what all games should be - Fun.

03rd place - Fallout 3 - PS3 (3.09) - I may have ranked this higher if it was New Vegas, but this is still one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Fantastic story, fantastic setting. This game has everything. Everything including subways. #$%#$!$% subways. God %@#$ Subways!

02nd place - Bioshock - Xbox 360 (3.03)
- The best single player/offline game I have ever played. Again, personal tastes have a lot to do with this. I simply loved the art deco art styling. I loved the sorta steam punk "modern" weapons. The story was very well told. The only drawback to this game was having to throw out my Underoos!

1 st - Gears of War - Xbox 360 (9.06)
- The only game I may have logged more hours in other then this game is Tecmo Super Bowl. The best MP game ever made. In your face gameplay. Great weapons. Great sounds. Simply great. There are some issues with host advantage and online cheaters. The game is so good you ignore those issues when they pop up. The single player campaign was OK, but the online is where this game shines.

Users who are viewing this thread