What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grisly scene on my front lawn (1 Viewer)

OC Zed

Footballguy
I walked out my front door yesterday morning and discovered two severed dog paws, a dog's leg (gnawed to the bone), and half a dog's head (partially gnawed). Presumably the parts were from the same dog.

It was pretty unsettling. I don't think the dog was roadkill... I live on a cul de sac, so I don't have cars speeding through and there would have been more of the dog left. Judging by how cleanly the leg bone was exposed, I would say something attacked this dog for food and left some of the scraps on my yard. Maybe coyotes? We have some a couple miles away, but I didn't think they ventured into my immediate neighborhood (they live in a giant nature preserve that's surrounded by fairly dense suburban tracts... probably a dozen blocks away).

What else could have done something like this?

:unsure:

:scared:

(Note: I wasn't home for much of yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to ask my neighbors. I just moved in a couple months ago and am a little concerned that they might think I'm some paganist.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked out my front door yesterday morning and discovered two severed dog paws, a dog's leg (gnawed to the bone), and half a dog's head (partially gnawed). Presumably the parts were from the same dog.It was pretty unsettling. I don't think the dog was roadkill... I live on a cul de sac, so I don't have cars speeding through and there would have been more of the dog left. Judging by how cleanly the leg bone was exposed, I would say something attacked this dog for food and left some of the scraps on my yard. Maybe coyotes? We have some a couple miles away, but I didn't think they ventured into my immediate neighborhood (they live in a giant nature preserve that's surrounded by fairly dense suburban tracts... probably a dozen blocks away).What else could have done something like this? :unsure: :scared: (Note: I wasn't home for much of yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to ask my neighbors. I just moved in a couple months ago and am a little concerned that they might think I'm some paganist.)
Grizzly Bear? Polar Bear? Killer Whale? Bull Shark? Tiger Shark? Great White Shark? Wolverine? Honey Badger? Hyena? Where do you live so I can narrow it down.

Judging by what was left, was it a big or small dog? Coyote seems to be the most logical answer to me.

I walked out my front door yesterday morning and discovered two severed dog paws, a dog's leg (gnawed to the bone), and half a dog's head (partially gnawed). Presumably the parts were from the same dog.

It was pretty unsettling. I don't think the dog was roadkill... I live on a cul de sac, so I don't have cars speeding through and there would have been more of the dog left. Judging by how cleanly the leg bone was exposed, I would say something attacked this dog for food and left some of the scraps on my yard. Maybe coyotes? We have some a couple miles away, but I didn't think they ventured into my immediate neighborhood (they live in a giant nature preserve that's surrounded by fairly dense suburban tracts... probably a dozen blocks away).

(Note: I wasn't home for much of yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to ask my neighbors. I just moved in a couple months ago and am a little concerned that they might think I'm some paganist.)
Grizzly Bear? Polar Bear? Killer Whale? Bull Shark? Tiger Shark? Great White Shark? Wolverine? Honey Badger? Hyena?

Where do you live so I can narrow it down.
Orange County, California... about a mile away from here.

Grizzly Bear? Polar Bear? Killer Whale? Bull Shark? Tiger Shark? Great White Shark? Wolverine? Honey Badger? Hyena?

Good info, so I have narrowed it down to one of -Light Footed Clapper Rail, Brown Pelican, Belding's Savannah Sparrow, Black Rail, Peregrine Falcon and California Least Tern

Last edited by a moderator:

I bet it was either a mountain lion, black bear or coyote in no particular order. Any idea what bread of dog it was?

I bet it was either a mountain lion, black bear or coyote in no particular order. Any idea what bread of dog it was?
I'm guessing it was a miniature or toy poodle.There are no black bears around us. Mountain lions would also be highly unlikely. Coyotes or Kendall are the best guesses here.

Doesn't coyotes seem to be the obvious answer here? And why are you discounting it so quickly?

Mountain lion also scares the crap out of me.

Either way, no matter what it was, I'd be a little terrified at the notion that this happened on my front lawn. You're not much bigger than a medium-sized dog.

Users who are viewing this thread