What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grocery Store-What are you paying for food? (1 Viewer)

We routinely go to 4-5 different places for our groceries based on price and quality. Enormous PiTA, but we despise overpaying. I wish I could convince my wife to forego some of the "name" brands she insists on, but I pick my battles ;)
The gas you’re using driving to 4-5 different places to grocery shop probably offsets the savings on the groceries.
We start at the furthest store away then slowly work our way home, vice versa, or stop on the way home from whatever we're doing that day (work, youth sports, etc.). All of our stores are within 2 mi of home anyway. I will make a special trip to get a bogo pork butt roast, but not to save a buck on avocados.

Yep. The real question is whether your time is worth the money you're saving. I'll make two stops but anything more seems excessive and a huge time suck.
It's a bit of sport for them, I am guessing.
This. Certainly more so for my wife.
More people should make a game out of saving money. CC points is mine.

Seeking out gas savings is another.

This stuff adds up to real money

Trader Joes and Aldi are the way to go, IMO.

And we have one electric car that we drive 90% of the time, so we are only filling up our van with gas like once a month. If gas is 4 dollars or 3 dollars it really doesn't matter

Yep. The real question is whether your time is worth the money you're saving. I'll make two stops but anything more seems excessive and a huge time suck.
It's a bit of sport for them, I am guessing.
This. Certainly more so for my wife.

The Gas Buddy app makes the fuel savings easy. I live by myself, so I don’t really play much of the grocery savings game anymore. I do save more time and have less waste now.

Users who are viewing this thread