What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Happy Endings - new show on ABC with Elisha Cuthbert (4 Viewers)

Its possible that a certain adult actress recently was madeover and looks almost exactly like Cuthbert with slightly darker hair.
I would be interested in learning more information about this.
Egostastic has pictures. Initials are EM.
And you can't type her full name why?
"I enjoy long walks on the beach, summer ales, and being cryptic on message boards."

anyone catch last night's episode? Another solid 30 minutes of comedy. Max was hilarious. "You'll get those cats when you get those cats."

anyone catch last night's episode? Another solid 30 minutes of comedy. Max was hilarious. "You'll get those cats when you get those cats."
Haven't seen it yet, but I loved Sunday's kickball episode. Damn, I hope this thing doesn't get cancelled (I didn't have time to watch last night, but I made sure to leave the TV on with HE playing to make sure they still got the rating in case I can't get to it within 24 hours :bag: )

Used to be good but it has gone downhill to the point the whole family has stopped watching it. They are all way to whiny...the show deserves to be cancelled.

Did you read the whole article? Sunday was a test. It remains a Tuesday show. ... Though he didn't say for sure it would be back next season. Sounds like it's up in the air.Both will continue to air on Tuesdays at 9 and 9:30 p.m. until the Dancing With the Stars results show moves into the hour later this season.“We love those two shows,” ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour just last week. "They're incredibly distinctive, and they’re water-cooler shows."Although Lee would not comment on the future prospects of either series, he did note that the Sunday specials were intended to give audiences more of a chance to see the series.

Did you read the whole article? Sunday was a test. It remains a Tuesday show. ... Though he didn't say for sure it would be back next season. Sounds like it's up in the air.Both will continue to air on Tuesdays at 9 and 9:30 p.m. until the Dancing With the Stars results show moves into the hour later this season.“We love those two shows,” ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour just last week. "They're incredibly distinctive, and they’re water-cooler shows."Although Lee would not comment on the future prospects of either series, he did note that the Sunday specials were intended to give audiences more of a chance to see the series.
Sunday was to try and burn off some of the episodes they have in the can. As it is now, they have more shows filmed than timeslots to air them. That is not a good sign for the future of the show imo.

Did you read the whole article? Sunday was a test. It remains a Tuesday show. ... Though he didn't say for sure it would be back next season. Sounds like it's up in the air.Both will continue to air on Tuesdays at 9 and 9:30 p.m. until the Dancing With the Stars results show moves into the hour later this season.

“We love those two shows,” ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour just last week. "They're incredibly distinctive, and they’re water-cooler shows."

Although Lee would not comment on the future prospects of either series, he did note that the Sunday specials were intended to give audiences more of a chance to see the series.
Sunday was to try and burn off some of the episodes they have in the can. As it is now, they have more shows filmed than timeslots to air them. That is not a good sign for the future of the show imo.
This show is always on the ropes and every move can be interpreted as a bad sign for the show's future (like many said about the Sunday thing originally), but I think this could mean other things too.Maybe they expect a spot to open up somewhere with another cancellation?

Could simply be that Sunday was an experiment which, predictably, failed horribly, so they stopped it. When the ratings are that bad, they might not have even had a choice, regardless of their future plans with the show.

Just looking for reasons to remain optimistic, probably.

I just hope TBS has the HE folks on speed dial for when/if the ABC ax comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this show survives as I enjoy it. I've just seen too many shows I loved canceled before their time to be optimistic though.

The latest Grantland podcast has Adam Pally (max) on for a bit, btw.When asked how much viewers should panic, he said 6 (scale to 10). Not that that means anything.

Did you read the whole article? Sunday was a test. It remains a Tuesday show. ... Though he didn't say for sure it would be back next season. Sounds like it's up in the air.Both will continue to air on Tuesdays at 9 and 9:30 p.m. until the Dancing With the Stars results show moves into the hour later this season.

“We love those two shows,” ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour just last week. "They're incredibly distinctive, and they’re water-cooler shows."

Although Lee would not comment on the future prospects of either series, he did note that the Sunday specials were intended to give audiences more of a chance to see the series.
This show is always on the ropes and every move can be interpreted as a bad sign for the show's future (like many said about the Sunday thing originally), but I think this could mean other things too.Maybe they expect a spot to open up somewhere with another cancellation?

Could simply be that Sunday was an experiment which, predictably, failed horribly, so they stopped it. When the ratings are that bad, they might not have even had a choice, regardless of their future plans with the show.

Just looking for reasons to remain optimistic, probably.

I just hope TBS has the HE folks on speed dial for when/if the ABC ax comes.
'Don't Trust the B-' is being tossed aside for the moment to make room for those HE episodes.I don't think B has been officially cancelled yet and HE hasn't been renewed, but this would seem to be a good sign for HE.

Van Der Beek and Ritter both tweeted that "Don't Trust the B..." has been cancelled and that ABC has no plans to air the final 8 episodes. We'll get to see the rest of the Happy Endings episodes but I'm still betting it's not back on ABC next year.

"Merry Prankster" was one of their best episodes ever, I think. Only 'Happy Endings' can pull off a Usual Suspects/Real Genius mash-up with a major character seamlessly getting engaged. I wasn't watching when 'Deadwood' got cancelled, so this could end up being the most disappointed I've ever been when a show got cancelled. I wasn't watching 'Arrested Development' at the time either, but I think I like 'Happy Endings' better anyway. :scared:The other episode wasn't quite as good, but still great. I lost it with "Get up you tiny whore!"

My daughter and I watched this for the first time last night and found ourselves :lol: quite a few times.. the prankster episode was the better of the two, but still enjoyed both episodes. :thumbup: The one quote that stuck with us, and we are still trying to wrap our heads around was:

I'm not as dumb as I am
wait :mellow: .. wat??? oh heck with it :lmao:

The Jane/Trojan Horse thing also killed me. I just assumed she was in the Trojan Horse, then she comes screaming by and gets clothes-lined. Priceless. Later, "it's not a gang hang until someone takes a shot in the face". The physical comedy on this show is fantastic. Alex and the airbag was also great.

Decent news as HE beat NBC's garbage 9:00 block (Go On and New Normal) in the key demo.My link
I can't STAND the New Normal. I think it annoys me even more than Glee.
I liked it a little at first, but it's gotten pretty terrible. It's just not funny and they've gone overboard with the sappy. I like some sappy in a good comedy, but it's still got to be funny.
Lazy lazy writing. I get is: Gay people doing gay things are funny! What a riot! Oh, and bigotted people making fun of gay people in bigotted ways are funny! We don't need to put any real jokes in here! Just have gay people doing gay stuff! Yay!

Decent news as HE beat NBC's garbage 9:00 block (Go On and New Normal) in the key demo.My link
I liked it a little at first, but it's gotten pretty terrible. It's just not funny and they've gone overboard with the sappy. I like some sappy in a good comedy, but it's still got to be funny.
Lazy lazy writing. I get is: Gay people doing gay things are funny! What a riot! Oh, and bigotted people making fun of gay people in bigotted ways are funny! We don't need to put any real jokes in here! Just have gay people doing gay stuff! Yay!
So true.They wanted to use a gay couple as the hook. Funny thing is, gay couples in sitcoms really have become the new normal. The mere presence of a gay couple isn't compelling TV anymore, but the writers seem to think it is. Will and Grace and Six Feet Under ended a long time ago (I'm sure there's a landmark character before them I'm forgetting).

So true.They wanted to use a gay couple as the hook. Funny thing is, gay couples in sitcoms really have become the new normal. The mere presence of a gay couple isn't compelling TV anymore, but the writers seem to think it is. Will and Grace and Six Feet Under ended a long time ago (I'm sure there's a landmark character before them I'm forgetting).
Yeah, i mentioned somewhere that it seems like every new show has to have 1 gay character because one of the top shows has a gay couple.

Yeah, i mentioned somewhere that it seems like every new show has to have 1 gay character because one of the top shows has a gay couple.
This reminds me of a few years ago where every sitcom was mandated to have at least 1 indian person on it.

"Don't tell me you never thought about it Harvey chocolate milk"and "My only previous interracial relationship was with a Basque, but I ended it because for a separatist he was quite clingy"Were both great lines

Not sure if this should go in this thread or the NBA thread, but I was watching the first episode of Season 3 last night and I realized that Reggie Evans stole his "LeBron's championship doesn't count because it was a lockout season" bit from Jane. She did a whole rant about it in that episode. Love Jane.

'Moe. said:
You're a Steelers fan and a Flyers fan? Isn't that illegal?
Yes explained a few threads before.It's the only thing I knew since I was a baby. In a nutshell apparently my dad was a semi front runner :shrug:

Reported Attack Page! This web page at donchavez.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I hope they can build on the "Prank" episode. :thumbup: The other night we tried to watch the episode where they killed the parrot and tried to setup the Gay friend with a date ..... :yawn: ....Very few laughs until the last minute or so when we found out the Parrot was racist, hated Mexicans but loved tequila and that was it's downfall. :lol:

Surprised this one didn't stick. We are so far away from Friends that I am sure America would hook on with a show like that if they gave it a chance.

maybe NBC will grab it; they arr going to have some holes in their lineup after the office, 30 rock, whitney and up all night bite the dust

I wasted all of my energy saving Community.

Maybe NBC seriously grabs it and pairs it with Community and Park and Rec

If TBS picked up crappertown they better buy the rights to this!
1) This was my immediate thought when I heard it was in trouble.

b) I think Cougar Town is hilarious. It has gotten more "slapstick" lately, but still a fun half hour.

%) Every time I watch an episode of Happy Endings I wonder how the hell people don't watch this. It is one of the best shows that has been on TV in a long time.

If TBS picked up crappertown they better buy the rights to this!
1) This was my immediate thought when I heard it was in trouble.

b) I think Cougar Town is hilarious. It has gotten more "slapstick" lately, but still a fun half hour.

%) Every time I watch an episode of Happy Endings I wonder how the hell people don't watch this. It is one of the best shows that has been on TV in a long time.
I agree that it's wonderful. No idea how people watch so much terrible crap on TV when no one watches this, but I guess that's the norm when it comes to TV shows.

I don't think TBS is much of an option though. IIRC, Cougar Town got much better ratings (I don't even think ABC was going to cancel, TBS just wanted it). I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread