What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hard Knocks 2012 - Miami Dolphins (1 Viewer)

Storylines abound for Dolphins' 'Hard Knocks'

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

The identity of this year's team on HBO's Hard Knocks is justly treated as breaking news around these parts. That meant we have to put together a post as quickly as possible without a ton of depth about why Miami should be a cool team to follow.

And since no one is going to stop us from doing another post, here are a few of the storylines we're looking forward to.

A first-time head coach under the spotlight

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin has a lot to deal with in his first season as head coach in the NFL. He's dramatically changing schemes on both sides of the ball. He has a quarterback battle, an inherited general manager, and a roster that may not really fit well together yet.

Now he's got cameras following him around all day. There has never been a first-time head coach on Hard Knocks before. Philbin is one of the least-known coaches in the league, but that's about to change in a major way.

A culture of secrecy opens up

Hard Knocks would have never happened in the Bill Parcells era. Heck, the Big Tuna openly worried about his quarterbacks becoming too "Hollywood." While Parcells' lieutenant Jeff Ireland remains as general manager, this decision shows that owner Stephen Ross is running the show. Ireland will have no choice but to welcome the show.

Philbin comes from Ted Thompson's Packers organization. It's hard to imagine them ever considering allowing cameras in their building. This is a win for Dolphins fans.

A three-way quarterback battle

We've got the overachieving incumbent that no on respects: Matt Moore. We have the veteran at the end of his career looking for one last shot: David Garrard. And of course we have the hot shot rookie with the photogenic wife. (Yes, Lauren Tannehill figures to be a big part of the show just like Kelli Croyle was for the Chiefs' Hard Knocks.)

Local Boys

It's always hard to predict what storylines will emerge, but don't be surprised if the cameras follow former University of Miami products Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon as they try to navigate life at the next level in their hometown.

The Reggie show

Look for reality show veteran Reggie Bush to get a lot of airtime and say overoptimistic quotes that are written about the next day. Vontae Davis, Karlos Dansby, Cameron Wake, and Jake Long are other veterans that could emerge.

Finally, we'd like to thank the Dolphins for agreeing to do Hard Knocks after so many high profile teams turned the show down.

"It'll be a great opportunity for the fans to connect with this football team," Philbin told NFL Network's Jeff Darlington. "They can see where we are right now and where we're headed."

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami is so tight lipped on everything, they never show themselves to the fan base, not Jeff Ireland anyways. This was done by Ross who has nightclubs at the stadiums, celebrity sub-owners, totally his thing. And if folks are doing what he tells him to...the Dolphins are even worse off then I thought.

10 reasons the Dolphins actually make sense for 2012's 'Hard Knocks'

By Will Brinson | Senior NFL Blogger

On Tuesday, the Dolphins announced that they'd be featured on 2012's rendition of HBO's "Hard Knocks." The news, unsurprisingly, was met with plenty of mocking glee on Twitter.

But the Dolphins are actually a pretty compelling team for the series, especially considering the slew of rejections dealt to HBO by various NFL teams in the weeks leading up to the Dolphins accepting the offer.

1. Quarterback competition

QB competitions are king of the NFL offseason and nothing cranks up the interest (and vitriol!) of fans like a first-hand look at such a competition. Matt Moore's the incumbent who was strong down the stretch last year, David Garrard's the previously successful veteran and Ryan Tannehill's the rook with a better knowledge of the playbook because he was coached by the offensive coordinator in college. Quarterback competitions usually involve everyone trying to be nice about each other and these guys might do that, but there's some clear internal and external strife between this group of quarterbacks that could create some serious drama. At the very least, it'll be interesting to see who wins out.

2. Lauren Tannehill

Hubby Ryan will get plenty attention for No. 1 above, but his biggest draw might be his significant other. Lauren Tannehill blew up with her appearance at the 2012 NFL Draft -- a photo gallery with her on the cover was the most-read piece on NFL.com that week. And it wasn't just the official website of the NFL that drew traffic from a rookie's wife being attractive. All of Google blew up when she appeared on television, as you can tell from Google searches for "Lauren Tannehill" over the past 90 days:

(Click on link to see the chart)

And the reality is, if you're the type of person who appreciates the natural beauty of attractive women, you could do worse than Mrs. Tannehill. Like other "Hard Knocks" wives before her, there's a good chance she'll get some airtime.

(Click on the link to see the video)

3. Stephen Ross meddling

As I noted in the original post, Joe Philbin and Jeff Ireland don't seem like the type of guys to jump all over "Hard Knocks." (Philbin even said "I'm built for radio, not TV" just a few months ago.) Owner Ross? This is his freaking wheelhouse. He wants attention on the franchise, he wants people to talk about the Dolphins. And most importantly, he's shown over the past few years that he's absolutely unafraid to meddle in "football decisions" ... like this one. Here's hoping we get a couple videos of him trying to motivate the players in the locker room or maybe even drawing up a defensive scheme or two before looking over at the camera and winking. The unintentional comedy factor here is out of this world.

4. Celebrities

What can I say -- I'm a sucker for cameos. And this season of "Hard Knocks" has infinite possibilities. I want Jimmy Buffett spiking Dan Carpenter's Gatorade with a Landshark marg. I want minority owner Gloria Estefan walking onto the field followed by dudes blaring "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" on trumpets. And I want Dwyane Wade showing up and acting like he'd be the best quarterback on the roster. Oh right. That already happened.

5. First-year head coach

Philbin will be the first-ever first-year coach to be featured on "Hard Knocks," and from a football perspective, that's a cool thing to see. Philbin is a highly-respected coach with an excellent pedigree, but he's also a soft-spoken guy and I'd be willing to bet that about one percent of casual NFL fans could pick him out of a lineup. The show won't wrap up with Philbin getting the kind of pub that Rex Ryan got when the Jets appeared on the show two years ago. In fact, my guess is Philbin draws praise and love from fans and viewers for the exact opposite reasons as Rex. And that's a good thing.

6. Reggie Bush

Bush, like it or not, is a celebrity outside the world of football. That's mainly because he used to date Kim Kardashian. That status, and the fact that Kim's now with Kanye West, should make for an interesting dynamic. Or at the very least, a reason to convince your wife (if she's not football-friendly like mine) that she wants to watch the show with you. And if Bush has the stones to show up in a "Do you like fishsticks?" t-shirt, I'll let him off the hook when he ends up not winning the 2012 NFL rushing title. And seriously, what are the odds that he's back together with Kim before August 7 when the first episode airs? Someone get Bovada on that.

7. History

Forty years ago, Don Shula and the 1972 Dolphins completed the last perfect season in NFL history. (You might remember them from obnoxious mid-to-late-season champagne drinking.) HBO and Philbin both mentioned that in the press release, which means that the historical weight of the Dolphins success will certainly be mentioned during the series. Additionally, Miami hasn't had anything resembling a decent quarterback since my esteemed colleague Dan Marino retired after the 1999 season. We're reminded of that every time Miami tries to patch up their gunshot wound with the gauze that is a quarterback selected in the second-round. Now it's Tannehill's turn, only he won't be the only one weighed down by the Fins failures throughout recent history.

8. South Beach

Athletes are only human, and how can anyone expect them to avoid the vice of South Beach, even during the lead-up to the NFL season? OK, it's not like everyone's going to be down there pounding shots on a nightly basis, but we've at least got a very solid wild card in terms of location, if you're looking for the possibility of some unexpected drama.

9. Lofty Predictions

In just the past few weeks, we've heard Bush say he wants to win a rushing title and, more recently, Karlos Dansby say he expects the Dolphins "to win the AFC, period." And this was before we found out the Fins would be featured on a prominently-watched television show. Perhaps the coaching staff will try and limit the amount of absurd prognostications coming from South Beach, it's unlikely that they'll be able to completely limit every player from spitting out something ridiculous. Bonus points if someone can convince Channing Crowder to unretire.

10. Unknown Players

Miami's got the quarterbacks and Bush, but that just about does it in terms of their B-list football stars. However, there are a lot of interesting dudes on the Dolphins that don't get nearly enough run with the general public. Jake Long and Cameron Wake should both have higher profiles than they do for athletic-skill purposes and every year during "Hard Knocks," we're surprised when we find out that certain players on a team's roster are far more interesting than we could ever think.

Which, by the way, is a great way to sum up the 2012 Dolphins as a whole.

Hard Knocks might be a gentle reminder of why things are so bad in Miami. Just when you thought the draft was going right, things might be changing, and then Stephen Ross steps in and starts to meddle again.

I'm fairly confident HBO will make this more interesting than watching paint dry, but...I'm having a hard time imagining how at this point.

I'm looking forward to following the stories of the Dolphins wide receivers.

You have the up and coming, and then there's, and let's not forget about.

Philbin grins and bears it as 'Hard Knocks' star

By Dan Hanzus

Writer

Joe Philbin already had plenty on his plate this summer as he embarks on his maiden voyage as head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Adding HBO's "Hard Knocks" to the mix will shine a spotlight on the entire organizational process.

Philbin, like so many other coaches around the league, might privately tell you he wants nothing to do with an intrusive production crew documenting his every move. But rookie coaches don't typically carry a big stick when it comes to internal decisions.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has season tickets to sell, and he craved the publicity that HBO could bring his team. It becomes Philbin's challenge -- he'll be the first rookie coach to appear on "Hard Knocks" -- to make the best of it.

"Let's face it. The easy answer is to say, 'No, it's a huge distraction. They are going to have cameras everywhere. We are not going to be able to deal with all that stuff,' " Philbin said, according to ESPN.com. "That's the easy thing to say. But this program is not based on doing what is easy, and we thought that it was in the best interest of the organization at this point in time to do it. So that is what we are doing."

Philbin even found a way to spin the presence of HBO cameras into a tool for growth.

"We're going to learn more about these guys from this show and I think it'll be good exposure for those guys," he said. "Obviously, if they can't handle this stuff then we might be in some trouble when it's fourth-and-seven and we got to make a play."

The Miami Herald reported on Wednesday that not everyone in the organization is as happy about this move as Ross is. Philbin is wise to get on board with the decision quickly. Then again, what other choice does he have?

Anthony Fasano: 'Hard Knocks' irks Dolphins players

By Brian McIntyre NFL.com

HBO and NFL Films had a difficult time finding a subject for this summer's edition of "Hard Knocks".

Six teams expressed a lack of interest in appearing in the program, and others, like the New England Patriots, would rather guest star on "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" before letting a camera crew distract players and intrude meetings during training camp.

The Miami Dolphins bit the bullet, agreeing to open up their 2012 training camp to the project, and first-year Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin was personally excited about the project, explaining that it was a "football decision."

Not everyone in the building was happy about the news.

"I wasn't too thrilled to tell you the truth," veteran tight end Anthony Fasano said Friday on SiriusXM NFL Radio (via Nate Davis of The USA Today). "I think we were informed at a team meeting, and there were a lot of groans when it was announced. But we're going to have to deal with it and try not to let it be a distraction.

"But it's going to be fun for the fans and should be interesting to see, even for some of the players, behind the scenes of the team."

Part of Fasano's apprehension came from feedback he received from former teammates on the Dallas Cowboys, who went 9-7 following their appearance on "Hard Knocks" just a few months after Fasano was traded to the Dolphins.

Groans from Dolphins players are not a surprise, and there are sure to be plenty of coaches and executives in Miami who aren't too thrilled about having to appear in front of camera crews as they prepare for the upcoming football season. But the bottom line is that ticket sales in Miami have slumped in recent years, and a weekly hour-long commercial that everyone in the league will watch was an opportunity the club couldn't turn down.

Starts tomorrow night! :popcorn:

DAVIE – They blend into training camp scenery like skilled chameleons hunting for that next juicy sound bite.

There have been 24 of them scattered about since late July.

Anyone with focused eyes can easily spot the crew with their NFL Films logos or all-access passes. '

They rotate shifts, and pour 14-hour days into shooting, interviewing and editing. A line of trailers wedged between the practice field and the indoor practice bubble are their offices; two floors of a local hotel their temporary home.

Their goal is to capture the sights, sounds and – they hope – the true characters of a Miami Dolphins football team that in many ways continues to search for its own identity.

On Tuesday night, the world will be offered its annual deep probe of an NFL franchise in this latest version of HBO's "Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Miami Dolphins."

The show airs 10 p.m. on Tuesdays through Sept. 4 on HBO.

"Am I scared? I’m scared of me on TV, yeah," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin quipped. " I’m scared of me, but I’m not scared of the information or leakage or any of that kind of stuff. I’m not even worried about that one bit, but I am worried about me."

Perhaps some of that concern is generated when Philbin reminds himself at his desk that a mounted robotic camera is watching him behind the closed doors of his office. Two men sitting in a dark trailer capture his most intimate moments at the Dolphins' complex.

Philbin is seven months into his first NFL head coaching job. Not only is he trying to turn the Dolphins back into a winning franchise after three straight losing seasons, he also must settle a highly publicized three-way quarterback battle while he continues to make sense of the death of his son, Michael, who drowned a week before he took the job.

Rob Gehring, Senior Producer with NFL Films, and the director of Hard Knocks, said the stories and characters are bound to change on a weekly basis.

At first, wide receiver Clyde Gates was a character of interest before an injury sidelined him last week.

Chad Johnson, who starred in Hard Knocks when with the Cincinnati Bengals, is likely to have a weekly presence.

Gehring, 35, was a member of the Hard Knocks crews that covered the Kansas City Chiefs and the Dallas Cowboys. Those experiences have helped him come to understand what appeals to viewers.

"I think we're giving you extraordinary access to the team," Gehring said. "I don't know if those are centered around surprising characters. I think it's more you'll get to see how the coaches talk behind closed doors. You'll see the very beginnings of the decision making process when it comes to determining the (53-man roster). ...Obviously, the quarterback battle will be a big component of the show. You'll get to see the seeds of that."

They also hope to capture all of the significant moments as well.

The crew was scrambling on a Saturday night when first-round draft pick Ryan Tannehill arrived at the training facility to end a two-day holdout to sign his four-year deal.

Tannehill revealed to reporters he had eluded NFL Films' cameras unintentionally when he entered the building, but that they soon found him in the locker room in time to capture the deal.

And yes, Tannehill's wife, who has attracted national attention for her good looks, is in the show.

"She'll be in the beginning of the show when we're setting up the quarterbacks with their families," Gehring said. "I'm sure she will appear in future shows. All kidding aside, wives and families are an important part of this. They are the support system that allows these guys to be entrenched here, and we certainly will spend time with them."

One question when the Dolphins announced they would do Hard Knocks was about boundaries. So far, Gehring said, the Dolphins have been "great" and have not put up any fences and barbed wire.

During this interview, Gehring guided a reporter through the belly of the building past the showers, weight room, cafeteria and even past Tannehill walking down a hallway in the opposite direction.

One taboo subject has been injuries.

"The only area of sensitivity has been player-trainer conversation because of doctor-patient confidentiality built into the (Collective Bargaining Agreement)," Gehring said. "We have been very sensitive that we will not violate any of that, not even go near it."

At this point, the show is shot on a weekly basis.

Shooting for the second episode began Sunday, though pressing footage can always be squeezed in late.

The final edit is viewed in New Jersey at NFL Films on Monday, then the voice-over work conducted the morning of the broadcast. The show is final mere hours before it is broadcast.

The film crew will gather Tuesday night in a couple of hotel suites anxiously anticipating the show. It's a chance to see more than two weeks of work for the first time.

"We'll try to just take a breath and enjoy it," Gehring said. "It will be good. I'm looking forward to it."

Dolphins players have offered different opinions about Hard Knocks presence, and its potential impact on the season.

Gehring said no one has shunned his people when followed by cameras, or asked to speak for the show.

"I’ve seen the show a few times and I think they do a pretty good job at just showing what we go through as football players, as athletes and they do a good job of showing the business side of things," Dolphins running back Reggie Bush said. "I think they will do a good job of just kind of capturing what we’re all about.”

MIAMI— Dolphins players and coaches admitted Friday that they regret allowing the HBO series Hard Knocks to film their training camp, expressing frustration after repeatedly hearing the documentary crew openly refer to the team as "pathetic ####### losers." "I don't like those people coming in here saying how much we suck and talking about my guys as 'sacks of #### in teal,'" said Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, whose players' meeting on Thursday was listed on the production schedule as "Poor Bald #### Tries to Inspire Talentless Doormats." "The director yelled 'cut' when we were running passing routes because he said they already had hours of footage of has-beens and ####ty draft picks dropping passes and needed to get a shot of somebody actually catching the ball." At press time, the Hard Knocks crew complained out loud about having to film a "sorry-### practice" and refused to interview players, claiming the Dolphins would "#### that up, too.
Link To The Story :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MIAMI— Dolphins players and coaches admitted Friday that they regret allowing the HBO series Hard Knocks to film their training camp, expressing frustration after repeatedly hearing the documentary crew openly refer to the team as "pathetic ####### losers." "I don't like those people coming in here saying how much we suck and talking about my guys as 'sacks of #### in teal,'" said Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, whose players' meeting on Thursday was listed on the production schedule as "Poor Bald #### Tries to Inspire Talentless Doormats." "The director yelled 'cut' when we were running passing routes because he said they already had hours of footage of has-beens and ####ty draft picks dropping passes and needed to get a shot of somebody actually catching the ball." At press time, the Hard Knocks crew complained out loud about having to film a "sorry-### practice" and refused to interview players, claiming the Dolphins would "#### that up, too.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If this is the case HBO is really screwing themselves if they don't basically fire the entire crew. They had a hard enough time trying to get a team to sign up for 2012: great teams don't need the exposure and don't want the distraction, middle of the road teams need focus, so HBO is left with "up and coming" and "rebuilding" teams. My guess: the show can't find a team to film in 2013. They'll blame the NFL teams, I'm sure.

If this is the case HBO is really screwing themselves if they don't basically fire the entire crew. They had a hard enough time trying to get a team to sign up for 2012: great teams don't need the exposure and don't want the distraction, middle of the road teams need focus, so HBO is left with "up and coming" and "rebuilding" teams. My guess: the show can't find a team to film in 2013. They'll blame the NFL teams, I'm sure.
It's from The Onion. Not a real story, but hilarious none the less.

Wow, how in the world did I miss that. :hophead:

Wow, how in the world did I miss that. :hophead:
Also, Andrew Luck hasn't actually been cut, just so you know.

Ten hours away from the start of the show. I'm pumped up. :banned:

They have a 3-way QB duel for a nice built-in camp storyline as well.

Ten hours away from the start of the show. I'm pumped up. :banned:

They have a 3-way QB duel for a nice built-in camp storyline as well.
They'll probably concentrate on the backup RG battle or the some other crap.
Or as expected, Tannehill's wife. :thumbup:
Yes, the Tannehill's (both of them) will be making an appearance on tonight's premiere of Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Miami Dolphins.

As promised, here is a look into the edit room at the NFL Films offices during today's Final Edit of episode #1.

Over 100 people, between Miami & NFL Films, have been working around the clock to bring you tonight's premiere.

:lmao:

Vontae Davis really under the microscope. he is listed under Marshall on th depth charts right now and I don't think it will change much over the preseason...he'll still play 65% of the time as a Nickel but I thought he was supposed to be a possible elite talent.

Phinsfans, telling you this is going to be a long season. I do like the way Philbin is making them practice more plays per minute/hour than the rest of the league...they need it.

Chad hamming it up by dropping an "F" bomb on he show for no real reason.

Apparently how many times he had sex last year was an important fact...same as the number of TDs he scored in New England.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do root for the team they feature, this is cool as hell. Beautiful shots of the South Beach mingled in.

Chad Johnson vs Reggie Bush-FIFA

Not sure what the ratio is of real vs camera talk but the coaches seem really comfy with Reggie Bush and Chad Johnson being the leaders at the skill positions.

Philbin having a pow wow with Chad Johnson about his cussing and fingernail painting...gonna be a fun season.

Philbin saying this is not a dictatorship...

I like the way Philbin runs practice but I have to say that he feels like an OC trying to be a HC, and by that I mean he just seems more suited to run the offense. I keep getting Cam Cameron flashbacks but people love this guy so I want to keep an open mind about it.

LOL @ Philbin quoting Costanza. I only caught the last 20 min or so, but based on that disciplinary convo with Chad and the thing in the QB's room about coming to him if they're not happy with the depth chart or whatever, I agree with what MOP said about him not really having the disposition of a successful head coach.

LOL @ Philbin quoting Costanza. I only caught the last 20 min or so, but based on that disciplinary convo with Chad and the thing in the QB's room about coming to him if they're not happy with the depth chart or whatever, I agree with what MOP said about him not really having the disposition of a successful head coach.
Nonsense. How different was his playful, calm, understated-yet-stern disposition from **** Vermeil or George Seifert or Joe Gibbs or Tom Flores. Or even Shula and Landry without the angry glare. Good coaches come in all forms. I'd be thrilled about Philbin were I a Miami fan. His pedigree is awesome. How much better could it get than being led by one of the men most responsible for making Aaron Rodgers into the player he is today. Once you see this offense evolve from Sparano's stone-age attack into Packers south, you guys will change your tune.

Nonsense. How different was his playful, calm, understated-yet-stern disposition from **** Vermeil or George Seifert or Joe Gibbs or Tom Flores. Or even Shula and Landry without the angry glare. Good coaches come in all forms. I'd be thrilled about Philbin were I a Miami fan. His pedigree is awesome. How much better could it get than being led by one of the men most responsible for making Aaron Rodgers into the player he is today. Once you see this offense evolve from Sparano's stone-age attack into Packers south, you guys will change your tune.
Talk about nonsense. Yea, and Chris Weinke is one of the men most responsible for making Cam Newton into the player he is today. I could totally be way off the mark though. Like I said, it was just an observation based on those two scenes.

I would expect him to be just slightly more assertive when disciplining a player. It was almost like he was apologizing for even talking to him about it, with his "This is not a dictatorship" line. I guess we'll see if Chad's antics escalate. He was cussing it up and the end after their little scrimmage.

Talk about nonsense. Yea, and Chris Weinke is one of the men most responsible for making Cam Newton into the player he is today.
I understand your point and I get that Philbin wasn't the QB coach specifically. But he was the OC for one of the most explosive offenses in the league. He has to have a great understanding of what it takes to build an offense that people fear. I'm not high on Tannehill, personally, but the pick showed the desire to start getting the right pieces in place.
I would expect him to be just slightly more assertive when disciplining a player. It was almost like he was apologizing for even talking to him about it, with his "This is not a dictatorship" line. I guess we'll see if Chad's antics escalate. He was cussing it up and the end after their little scrimmage.
My original beef was with the assertion that he "doesn't have the disposition to be a successful head coach." Can we at least let him coach his first preseason game before we make any judgements? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hard Knocks cameras show him ripping guys a new ###hole during and after the exhibition games.

My original beef was with the assertion that he "doesn't have the disposition to be a successful head coach." Can we at least let him coach his first preseason game before we make any judgements? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hard Knocks cameras show him ripping guys a new ###hole during and after the exhibition games.
Yea, it's an initial perception, not a final conclusion. Though after watching the episode in it's entirety, that first impression was only enforced. Mainly by the scene where Chad walks into the meeting and takes someone seat (it was offered to him I guess) and then just kinda gets up and goes a few seconds later when he realizes that he's being an interruption and it's a "confidential" meeting. The whole passive aggressive comments about his wife or whatever. If he didn't want Chad in that meeting he should've told him No when he asked if he could come in an said I'll meet you in the weight room when we're done for a chat. But yea, let's give him a chance, he's definitely smart and I like what he's doing with the tempo. He just doesn't strike me as a guy that's gonna fire his guys up to play like Rexy, Harbaugh bros, Schwartz and the like. He doesn't necessarily have to be that type of personality to be successful either though. I'm a Packer fan and a Tannehill dynasty owner so I would like nothing more for him to succeed.

Philbin having a pow wow with Chad Johnson about his cussing and fingernail painting...gonna be a fun season. Philbin saying this is not a dictatorship...
this was awkward. Guy should be allowed to curse. Then the previews show one of the coaches cursing up a storm at practice next week. Did Philbin have a discussion with him too?

This was my opinion 100%. Seems like a nice guy and great coordinator but not a good head coach.

Philbin having a pow wow with Chad Johnson about his cussing and fingernail painting...gonna be a fun season. Philbin saying this is not a dictatorship...
this was awkward. Guy should be allowed to curse. Then the previews show one of the coaches cursing up a storm at practice next week. Did Philbin have a discussion with him too?
He didn't do it to the media in a press conference. But I guess he is doing it on television so you might have a point there.

Users who are viewing this thread