What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harvard study - get paid to watch football in your own home! Legit (1 Viewer)

We need more surveys like this, that pay more and last all year and then ask me to play Madden and give them surveys about my Madden experiences. Make it happen SPB!

i wish sometime that i was the smart guy from that harvard movie who was actually a janitor in disguise and then i could say i got her number how do you eat those apples and bam then i could get rich but man that is just a dream and then pete is like get back to work and stop daydreaming so guess what it is not happening long story short so take that to the bank brohans

i wish sometime that i was the smart guy from that harvard movie who was actually a janitor in disguise and then i could say i got her number how do you eat those apples and bam then i could get rich but man that is just a dream and then pete is like get back to work and stop daydreaming so guess what it is not happening long story short so take that to the bank brohans

I have no qualms that this study is legit. Without going into obvious details about the aims of this research, is it at all concerning to you that (a) we are heading into the final few weeks of the season when "typical" viewing behaviors change due to holidays, travel, being in or out of fantasy playoffs, etc. Don't know about others, but Weeks 1-14 are often different than in weeks 15-17; (b) also, I prefer Red Zone channel over single games that don't involve my team or my wife's team. Is this an exclusion criterion in your study?
All good points - suffice to say that the timing is not perfect, but we are treating it as a bit of a methodological dry run, so to speak. On the Red Zone point, its a tough call (I prefer it myself as well), so we are going to see what the data looks like on that.
By the way, since you are making it abundantly clear that you are at Harvard, please don't do this. :wall:

I have no qualms that this study is legit. Without going into obvious details about the aims of this research, is it at all concerning to you that (a) we are heading into the final few weeks of the season when "typical" viewing behaviors change due to holidays, travel, being in or out of fantasy playoffs, etc. Don't know about others, but Weeks 1-14 are often different than in weeks 15-17; (b) also, I prefer Red Zone channel over single games that don't involve my team or my wife's team. Is this an exclusion criterion in your study?
All good points - suffice to say that the timing is not perfect, but we are treating it as a bit of a methodological dry run, so to speak. On the Red Zone point, its a tough call (I prefer it myself as well), so we are going to see what the data looks like on that.
By the way, since you are making it abundantly clear that you are at Harvard, please don't do this. :wall:
Data as a singular noun is standard usage.

Datum?

Maybe I'm a sucker... rough luck in the playoffs this year though.

Time to recoup some league fees...

Datum?
"Data" is the plural of "datum." "Data" is also a singular noun in its own right. There's nothing wrong with saying "the data looks like" vs. "the data look like," both are standard usage.

With respect to the OP, I won't post the email address he PM'd me, but it checks out.

Any of you doubting his legitimacy, send him a PM and google the email address he sends you. You'll find his name and email on course syllabi from the Kennedy Business School, his LinkedIn profile, etc.

The pic from his LinkedIn profile even matches his avatar here (same dude, different pic).

It's legit, or it's one GIGANTIC elaborate ruse spanning multiple course syllabi, LinkedIn, Harvard websites, etc.

'JFS171 said:
With respect to the OP, I won't post the email address he PM'd me, but it checks out.Any of you doubting his legitimacy, send him a PM and google the email address he sends you. You'll find his name and email on course syllabi from the Kennedy Business School, his LinkedIn profile, etc.The pic from his LinkedIn profile even matches his avatar here (same dude, different pic).It's legit, or it's one GIGANTIC elaborate ruse spanning multiple course syllabi, LinkedIn, Harvard websites, etc.
I don't believe "Harvard student" and "scam artist" are mutually exclusive.

'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
'Gawain said:
'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
'cobalt_27 said:
Datum?
"Data" is the plural of "datum." "Data" is also a singular noun in its own right. There's nothing wrong with saying "the data looks like" vs. "the data look like," both are standard usage.
Depends on the context. His example is incorrect.That said, I wouldn't have brought it up if it weren't for the "Hey, look at me, I go to Harvard" angle. I don't really care where you're conducting your research, so long as the methodology is defensible. In this case, I have questions about the generalizability of his data, given where we are in the season, the issue with RZ viewership, etc.

I can see I'm not the only nerd on here...

And as for Harvard - I'm not throwing that out there to be "that guy." If I went to any other school I'd put that on here - just think its appropriate to cite a university so people know whats up.

And yeah - "data looks" is fine... :-)

Oh and FYI I think we're wrapping up sign ups. We will select participants tomorrow and contact everyone... the study will start on Saturday and you'll get all the details by email! Thanks all for your time and patience. Good luck in the FFB playoffs - I'm in my first championship after an undefeated season... hoping its not a Pats '07 situation.

I can see I'm not the only nerd on here...And as for Harvard - I'm not throwing that out there to be "that guy." If I went to any other school I'd put that on here - just think its appropriate to cite a university so people know whats up.And yeah - "data looks" is fine... :-)
Guess I'll have to decline participation in this study then.

'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
'Gawain said:
'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
'cobalt_27 said:
Datum?
Depends on the context. His example is incorrect.
What about it do you believe is incorrect?

Just got the email that I was accepted for this. I'll let you know if they hack my bank account.

:popcorn:

My balloon popped on the first try in 2 of 3 games and on the 2nd attempt in the other. Oh well. Glad to be part of the study!

IN - are we all convinced this is legit now - or do I need to be afraid to click on the link to the survey thingy - and what's all this balloon business about anyways?

You'll see.

Someone please post when you receive the Paypal transfer...I haven't gotten my first one yet.

'within 48 hours'

My balloon popped on the first try in 2 of 3 games and on the 2nd attempt in the other. Oh well. Glad to be part of the study!
i doubt the folks conducting the study would appreciate people discussing specifics of the test and results. i'm sure it's fine for subjects on this forum to verify that payment has been received and the like, but anything else may have an impact on the results of their study.

i doubt the folks conducting the study would appreciate people discussing specifics of the test and results. i'm sure it's fine for subjects on this forum to verify that payment has been received and the like, but anything else may have an impact on the results of their study.
Good point, though nobody is giving away anything...the odds of certain events happening are stated before you even begin. Might be good to keep results on the down-low though...even if discussion should be expected when you recruit on a forum.

You guys realize if you use 3-4 email addresses you get more money. I totalled over 40 bucks for my 3 "accounts". :thumbup:

You guys realize if you use 3-4 email addresses you get more money. I totalled over 40 bucks for my 3 "accounts". :thumbup:
With Harvard producing such mental giants as Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Al Gore and Mitt Romney, there's a 50/50 chance SPB will see through your ploy and withhold the dozens of dollars he owes you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's really lame. This kid is actually trying to do something that presumably has some sort of scientific/statistical validity. Yeah, I get it - you got yourself some extra beer money by screwing over his project. Congrats to you.

Wow. That's really lame. This kid is actually trying to do something that presumably has some sort of scientific/statistical validity. Yeah, I get it - you got yourself some extra beer money by screwing over his project. Congrats to you.
Nobody messes with the family.

Nobody messes with the family.
Only family in the sense that I do research as well and realize how difficult it is to get funding to do anything these days, even at a place like Harvard. Bragging about scamming a couple of bucks from this kid's research project while knowingly skewing the results IS lame. I'm sure he has enough data points that it shouldn't affect anything, but it doesn't make it right.

i guess icon is just joking about stealnig from this guy because if he is njot than he is a total jbag i mean come on there is a special place in hell for jboys that steel from students trying to get some learning done and increase the nkowledge of the usa so hey icon just come clean and tell us it is a joke and take that to the bank brohan

$3 for me. :kicksrock:

Popped on 2nd time first test, 1st time 3rd test, was scared to do more than 3 attempts on the final one.

i guess icon is just joking about stealnig from this guy because if he is njot than he is a total jbag i mean come on there is a special place in hell for jboys that steel from students trying to get some learning done and increase the nkowledge of the usa so hey icon just come clean and tell us it is a joke and take that to the bank brohan
I'm sure you are right, brohan, especially considering he would need 3 different email/phone/PayPal accounts. Didn't think of that. So I guess the joke is on me.

Logical yet subtle. As always. Yale man, SWC?

Users who are viewing this thread