What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO - Song of Ice&Fire Series -Varsity Thread - no TV only whiners (2 Viewers)

There should be two threads, it's impossible to not click on spoiler tags, I think. I've read all the books so I like clicking it because sometimes my memory fails. But they are dangerous!

'ScottyFargo said:
There should be two threads, it's impossible to not click on spoiler tags, I think. I've read all the books so I like clicking it because sometimes my memory fails. But they are dangerous!
I've only read the first 3 books, so I always have to guess whether it's safe to click or not. A fun little game.

'ScottyFargo said:
If you can't resist clicking a spoiler tag, how could you resist checking out an entire thread of spoilers?

Take heart my spoiler impaired friends. There are even bigger omg moments to come.
I can only hope that eventually Sansa is eliminated, but I have a feeling her snobby ### continuously causes trouble
I was so pisses when it was revealed in the book that she tipped the queen off that the Starks were leaving kind landing causing the queen to make her moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally broke down and got HBO just for this series. Just watched the first three episodes "ON Demand" with my girl.

She's asking me to start the fourth...lol.

I'm very pleased by most of the characters....very very well done. True to the pirit of the book, and pleasently close to the storyline of the book.

Oh....and Daynerus (sp?) Targaryn is smokin.

wow.

Not gonna lie, its going to be REALLY hard not to read ahead after next week.

I haven't read a fiction book in at least 5 years, but i may have to re-consider my stance.

wow. Not gonna lie, its going to be REALLY hard not to read ahead after next week. I haven't read a fiction book in at least 5 years, but i may have to re-consider my stance.
You should. $%$#@ gets more real over the next few books. GRRM doesn't pull his punches when he deals with his char's. Now, he needs to STOP writing for the show and finish the f'n books which can then get done through HBO. His fans are waiting. BTW, try to find an older copy of AFoC "A Feast for Crows" and read the epilogue. THAT and the Robert Jordan Effect are the reasons his older fans are angry.

Also, Rob = bad ### :thumbup: ####### bringing back Jamie was ####
But the question is, what do they do with Jamie?I gotta think they cant kill him, since the Lannisters still have Sansa and Arya is unaccounted for as far as Robert and his mother know. (unless that guy that stopped her somehow gets word that she's alive)

So hard not to comment...lol.

My GF was lying down and sat bolt upright, saying "WTF. How could they just kill the hero?"

Told her "That's nothing...wait until you see how season 2 ends."

Excellant job.

There should be no such thing as spoilers here because you all should have already read the books. So far I'm impressed with the HBO series, they've done a pretty nice job with the story. I know Martin being on the set had a lot to do with that

So hard not to comment...lol.My GF was lying down and sat bolt upright, saying "WTF. How could they just kill the hero?" Told her "That's nothing...wait until you see how season 2 ends."Excellant job.
Seriously guys, some people just don't like to read. I read when i was a child. It just doesn't interest me anymore.Not to get all Frank Costanza (STILL!!! STILL!! I LIKE TO GO IN FRESH!!!!) even the hint of spoilers like this is pretty annoying. Not to play thread Nazi, but the book guys really should start their own thread IMO.

:lmao: I saw it coming just by the way they made Joffrey look in that last scene....boy villian at its best.

i don't know how the kid who is playing Joffrey will be able to play another part after this. His character brings out so much hatred, gotta be funny to see him walk down the street or go anywhere, people must just look at him and want to smack himETA: so i guess we can go back and check some of the spoilers now, right? i don't have the balls to do it, but i am guessing this was the one that had people upset they checked the spoilers

So hard not to comment...lol.My GF was lying down and sat bolt upright, saying "WTF. How could they just kill the hero?" Told her "That's nothing...wait until you see how season 2 ends."Excellant job.
Seriously guys, some people just don't like to read. I read when i was a child. It just doesn't interest me anymore.Not to get all Frank Costanza (STILL!!! STILL!! I LIKE TO GO IN FRESH!!!!) even the hint of spoilers like this is pretty annoying. Not to play thread Nazi, but the book guys really should start their own thread IMO.
Ignorant people that swear off an entire (primary?) medium for learning just do not interest me anymore. Nor do I think they deserve any 'props', 'cred' or 'respect.'
Bad #### happens to Robb too.
Pick up the book, give back to GRRM, and keep following this rendition of the story. Or YOU can go start a new thread. I LIKE this one. BTW, Dinklage and Bean hit this ball out of the park this season.

At this rate of killing/death, by the end of season 2 it will just be Joffrey, Arya and the Imp battling for the throne

BTW, thx for the warning on the YouTube comment spoilers. That would've sucked. I've actually managed to stay disciplined and not read the spoilers in here

When I was reading the books, the execution of Ned turned it from a good fantasy novel to a must read series. The fact that the good guys can die makes the story more interesting. I have been waiting to see what the reaction to those who didn't know it was coming would be to the scene.

Can somebody explain Maester Aamon to me?
His name is Aemon Targaryen. He's been with the Night's Watch for so long that Robert didn't even think about him being a Targaryen. He had 3 brothers all who had sons and his father was worried about having too many heirs, so he sent him off to train as a Maester. I believe his father offered him the Grand Maester title and he turned it down as he didn't feel worthy. Also, both his older brothers were killed and he was offered the crown, yet turned that down too, since he had given up his right to rule by becoming a Maester. That's also the reason he went to the night's watch as he was worried someone would try and use him in a plot to overthrow his brother. He's one of the few truly humble men in Westeros and possibly one of the wisest.

HBO is doing a great job, but I am a bit disappointed they didn't even try to re-create the two battle scenes in this episode. There are several great battles in the next book, so I hope that changes. Also, would non-book readers even know that Arya has a direwolf? Where is Nymeria? The wolves in general have gotten short shrift imo.

Ignorant people that swear off an entire (primary?) medium for learning just do not interest me anymore. Nor do I think they deserve any 'props', 'cred' or 'respect.'
Bad #### happens to Robb too.
Pick up the book, give back to GRRM, and keep following this rendition of the story. Or YOU can go start a new thread. I LIKE this one. BTW, Dinklage and Bean hit this ball out of the park this season.

Nobody's swearing off anything. I went to college. I was a history major, so I've cracked a few books in my day. I just don't choose to spend my time reading books. I'm also pretty sure the author of the books was compensated quite well by HBO. This thread was started with the HBO series in mind. (at least that's what the title seems to indicate). To me, it seems like the people who know what is coming should keep their spoilers out of it.

i think i'm gonna have to read the books now...only problem is i'm not sure the 1st one will keep my interest now that i've watched it

Can somebody explain Maester Aamon to me?
His name is Aemon Targaryen. He's been with the Night's Watch for so long that Robert didn't even think about him being a Targaryen. He had 3 brothers all who had sons and his father was worried about having too many heirs, so he sent him off to train as a Maester. I believe his father offered him the Grand Maester title and he turned it down as he didn't feel worthy. Also, both his older brothers were killed and he was offered the crown, yet turned that down too, since he had given up his right to rule by becoming a Maester. That's also the reason he went to the night's watch as he was worried someone would try and use him in a plot to overthrow his brother. He's one of the few truly humble men in Westeros and possibly one of the wisest.
I was confused because his name isn't in the family history in the back of the book and he skipped a Targaryan king in his story. So he's the mad king's brother?? And Dany's uncle?

Users who are viewing this thread