What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help: Can I drop someone from my BENCH immediately if they just played (1 Viewer)

v12themonster

Footballguy
Espn rules! Trying to hold onto guys until Monday night to drop someone for a kicker

Last edited by a moderator:
Not in any league I've ever seen. It would give you an extra man on your roster for this week (the one that played, and then a full roster of guys who didn't).

Seriously? What would mzake you think you can drop someone AFTER THEY PLAYED? Why dont I pick up a flyer for the early game and if he doesnt do good just drop him foranother flyer in a later game?

Seriously? What would mzake you think you can drop someone AFTER THEY PLAYED? Why dont I pick up a flyer for the early game and if he doesnt do good just drop him foranother flyer in a later game?
That sounds bush league

if hes on your bench wtf does it matter?

does your league give points for bench players? cool.

Say I had julius thomas on my bench before thursday hoping that there was a slim chance he would blow up and my te was fred davis. Thomas blew up so I would plug him in NEXT WEEK. if he put up a 0 or hardly played I could drop him for another flyer. Bush league

I'm not passionate about the issue, but it would give you an extra roster spot for the week.

Even if it's a bench spot, it still matters. Most of the guys on my bench aren't there for the points they might provide. They are there so that if their situation changes drastically during that weeks game, I don't have to spend a bunch to get them as a FA. Extra bench spot for the week is an extra lotto ticket.

Why don't you think about it a little bit more and come back.
Dont need to think about it. at all.

Hes on your bench. do whatever the hell you want with him. If you wanna drop him after he's played cuz he sucks, why shouldnt you?

Hes on your bench. do whatever the hell you want with him. If you wanna drop him after he's played cuz he sucks, why shouldnt you?
Because it puts you at an advantage relative to other teams whose bench players have not yet played therefore they can't make the same assessment about whether their bench players also suck. It's the timing of the early games.

If you just want to drop him then I dont see why not, You should not be allowed to pick up another player though. If you played the guy you want to drop, you should not get his points for week 1 if you drop him

Nope. You outta line bro.

The part that's the problem is being able to pick up someone else.

Sure, if you wanna institute a rule that you can drop a guy after he's played and not replace him till waivers/BB/etc. go through, shoot for it.

That's not what anyone has a problem with. It's unsurprising that you would miss that.

Because it puts you at an advantage relative to other teams whose bench players have not yet played therefore they can't make the same assessment about whether their bench players also suck. It's the timing of the early games.
This. :goodposting:

Not to mention the fact that because he was on your bench nobody else in the league could pick him up and use him. Now that he's played and they can't use him, you shouldn't be able to drop him and pick up another player (thus keeping the rest of the league from grabbing the new guy either).

ETA: Sort of the same principle as not allowing a guy to add/drop every kicker on the waiver wire on Friday so his opponent can't get a bye week fill-in in leagues where dropped players aren't available to be added for 48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yahoo allows it. You can hold players through the Thursday game and drop them as long as you don't start them. The advantage is obvious...

Pick up a flyer TE like Julius Thomas. If he does nothing, drop him and pick up another flyer for the same week.

Here's the problem...

Some of you consider Julius Thomas a flier, whereas studs like me consider him a starter - and he puts up big #s in your TE position.

It all makes sense now

Here's the problem...

Some of you consider Julius Thomas a flier, whereas studs like me consider him a starter - and he puts up big #s in your TE position.

It all makes sense now
:lol:

Whenever one feels the need to refer to himself as a stud, it is the first indication that they are anything but... It's kinda like giving yourself a nickname. Doesn't really work that way.

If you have any doubt, try bragging about your fantasy football prowess to the ladies one night and report back.

Here's the problem...

It all makes sense now

Whenever one feels the need to refer to himself as a stud, it is the first indication that they are anything but... It's kinda like giving yourself a nickname. Doesn't really work that way.

If you have any doubt, try bragging about your fantasy football prowess to the ladies one night and report back.
Looks like I got a lady to respond to my mating call, already

Here's the problem...

It all makes sense now

Looks like I got a lady to respond to my mating call, already
Looking at your avatar, I can see where you might have confusion...

No, but it expands your roster by one spot that week. You're not allowed to do this for exactly the reasons the guy you quoted said. This week you could have grabbed all the flyer denver and Baltimore players. Kept Julius and dump everyone else for Sun & Mon flyers.

If you use best ball or potential points in any way it would screw that up since you'd have 1 more player than other teams.

Users who are viewing this thread