What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help with my toilet bowl rules (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
So the league I've been the commisioner of for the past 16 years has a toilet bowl.

At first we didn't, then we made it so the toilet bowl loser had to bring beer to the draft. I used to do it that in Round 1 of the toilet playoffs if you WON you were out of the toilet playoffs, so the 2 teams that lost their first 2 rounds would match up in the toilet bowl.

For the past 10 years we've had a loser playoff for the first pick and this it what leads me to this thread. After much back and forth and thought this is how we have done it.

We have 6 teams not make the playoffs in my 12 man league. DRAFT order for the following year is based on this year. So for the 6 teams out of the playoffs this is what I do. I seed the teams based on the regular season, seeded 7 - 12. 7 seed is the best team that just missed making the playoffs.

I give seeds 7 and 8 a bye for the loser playoff.

So seed 9 plays seed 12, seed 10 plays seed 11.

I then reseed this bracket just like a normal playoff.

If you are eliminated your draft position will be based on you regular season record/seed.

So the #12 seeded team worst case is the 2nd pick overall next year. Just to play out the example.

Round 1 Seed 9 and 11 won

Round 2 Seed 11 beat seed 7 and Seed 9 beat Seed 8

Loser Bowl Seed 9 beat seed 11.

So I set next years draft accoridngly.

1. Seed 9

2. Seed 12

3. Seed 11

4. Seed 10

5. Seed 8

6. Seed 7

7-12 based on the "regular" playoff outcomes.

I kow it's a bit confusing but does it seem fair? Thoughts? Changes?

TIA

It all seems reasonable. But I don't like the playing for the top pick, if at all possible that should always go to the absolutely worst team in the league IMO.

It all seems reasonable. But I don't like the playing for the top pick, if at all possible that should always go to the absolutely worst team in the league IMO.
We had issues of tanking - they would put in valid rosters but not "good" lineups.I agree with you but this was to make it "fun" and have the guys involved a bit.We only keep 1 player also so the first pick is not an overwhelming advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread