What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hey IT folks (1 Viewer)

Dope

Footballguy
What do you use for Asset Management? And how big is the company you work for/own?

Asset management, broadly defined, refers to any system that monitors and maintains things of value to an entity or group. It may apply to both tangible assets (such as buildings) and to intangible assets such as human capital, intellectual property, goodwill and/or financial assets). Asset management is a systematic process of deploying, operating, maintaining, upgrading, and disposing of assets cost-effectively.

The term is most commonly used in the financial sector to describe people and companies that manage investments on behalf of others. These include, for example, investment managers that manage the assets of a pension fund.

Alternative views of asset management in the engineering environment are: the practice of managing assets to achieve the greatest return (particularly useful for productive assets such as plant and equipment), and the process of monitoring and maintaining facilities systems, with the objective of providing the best possible service to users in all dimensions(appropriate for public infrastructure assets).

I thought the call-out for IT Folks kinda defined it a little less than broadly.

:shrug:

ServiceNow for a company w/ about 20000 seats.  It's better than what we've used in the past although the UX leaves something to be desired.  Like most everything else, process is more important than the tool you choose.

ServiceNow for a company w/ about 20000 seats.  It's better than what we've used in the past although the UX leaves something to be desired.  Like most everything else, process is more important than the tool you choose.
Thanks for saying that about process, it just cements what I've been reading today while I try and figure out how I'm going to do this.

There are a number of SaaS solutions that are excellent and IMHO superior to the traditional applications.  Service Now is definitely near the top in popularity for large organizations.

How large of a company are we talking?

There are a number of SaaS solutions that are excellent and IMHO superior to the traditional applications.  Service Now is definitely near the top in popularity for large organizations.

How large of a company are we talking?
Its mainly corporate infrastructure right now...about 2500 servers and the networking/storage/etc to run it.

Users who are viewing this thread