What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans Off-Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Newton has been named the starting right tackle. Won't surprise me if they still rotate to some extent.

I was trying to watch the right side of the line against the Saints. I noticed a few times when the right tackles failed, and they both did at times. Looking back the tackle place was what kept drawing my attention for the most part, which means Caldwell at least didn't mess up at guard enough it drew my attention specifically.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Holliday. I'd like to see him make the team if they can fit him, but he's going to be nothing but a return man if he does. With Martin and Manning and Forsett on the team, they could easily decide they have better uses for the roster spot.

Honestly, I'd rather keep Grimes and Forsett than Holliday. But, I think they'll keep Holliday. Kubiak seems like he really wants to (might be the Manning injury scared him last year).

Texans roster moves. Surprised Hartmann was cut. I could see Meggett maybe catching on somewhere that needs RB help. Looked decent in preseason.

Omar Gaither (LB) cut.

Brett Hartmann (P) cut.

Bryant Johnson (WR) cut.

Mario Louis (WR) cut.

Davin Meggett (RB) cut.

Nick Mondek (T) cut.

Jimmy Saddler-McQueen (DE) cut.

Derrell Smith (RB) cut.

Kasey Studdard (G) cut.

Torri Williams (CB) cut.

Darryl Sharpton (LB) Placed on the physically unable to perform list.

Thomas Austin © cut.

Randy Bullock (K) Placed on IR (groin).

Sunny Harris (NT) cut.

Greg Williams (LB) cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if posey will go on ir. lol
I would doubt it unless he was really injured. Not supposed to practice when you're on IR, and Posey needs reps. Better to try to stash him on the practice squad if they aren't willing to keep him on the active roster. Though anyone can sign him away from it if they did.

Texans expected to sign former Denver right tackle Ryan Harris assuming he passes his physical.

Practice Squad Members:

1. QB Case Keenum

2. RB Johnathan Grimes

3. WR Jeff Maehl

4. TE Phillip Supernaw

5. DT David Hunter

6. OLB Delano Johnson

7. S Eddie Pleasant

Here’s the Wednesday injury report for the Texans and Miami Dolphins, who play at Reliant Stadium on Sunday at noon CT in Week 1:HOUSTON TEXANSOutNoneDid Not Participate in PracticeOLB Bryan Braman (Hamstring)Limited Participation in PracticeILB Brian Cushing (Ribs), FS Shiloh Keo (Neck)Full Participation in PracticeNT Shaun Cody (Back/Ankle), WR Andre Johnson (Chest), RB Ben Tate (Head), DE J.J. Watt (Elbow)MIAMI DOLPHINSOutNoneDid Not Participate in PracticeLimited Participation in PracticeG John Jerry (Ankle)T Jake Long (Knee)LB Koa Misi (Back)LB Jason Trusnik (Ankle)Full Participation in PracticeWR Brian Hartline (Calf)DE Tony McDaniel (Knee/Toes)DE Derrick Shelby (Shoulder)

Users who are viewing this thread