What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate the gym in January (1 Viewer)

Yeah, it addresses the fact that you won't be getting deployed. You're not going to whine here about your past deployments, are you?
Ah, the ol' "He called me out on the fact I wasn't making sense and owned me, so now I'll try and distract him with insults" ploy. Well played.
Cogitate much? You're not making sense. You were peacocking, P Boy called you on it, but you won't own up to it.
You can make the claim all you want. Post it a thousand times if you like. It won't make it any more the truth than the first time you or he posted it. At some point though, it would be nice if you'd actually contribute something, anything, to the thread that addressed the whole point of the OP rather than just trolling.
And vice versa. No matter how many times you post this trash it won't make it true. See, I can say it, too.
And once again, no point, only trolling. Cross-Eyed disagrees with me, but at least he has a point he's trying to make as it pertains to the topic. You? Nothing. Just a bitter little troll. Oh well, situation resolved as far as I am concerned.

Nice of you to be so encouraging.
I encourage them to walk outside on the sidewalk for thie two weeks before they invariably disappear like every other year they garbage up the gym for thier amazing two week workout regiment.
I suggest you buy your own gym so that you can screen all potential members.
You can try to slam me all you want. At this point, I really don't care. I go through this crap every stinking January. I guarentee, two weeks from now, these people will disappear, never to be seen again (until next Janaury). It's a pain in the ### for those of us that have a regular workout routine. I can understand your lack of ability in understanding this. Though admittedly I am basing this on an assumption.
Couldn't agree with you more. I go to the gym at 5:30 AM every morning for the past 7 months. I go this morning, and there were 3 times the people there. Normally there are around 15-20 people in there at that time (all regulars). This morning, there was 64. I hop on one of two free treadmills. 30 minutes into my 60 minute workout, some moron comes up to see how much longer I will be on the machine as they would like to use it. I told her I would be on it for another 30 minutes, and she got all pissed and said I was hogging the equipment. I told her as politely as I could that she could go bug one of the other people using the treadmills, who I'm sure will be done in 10 minutes. She explains that my treadmill is the one she wants to use as it faces the TV that she wants to see. So 30 minutes later I finish up and clean the machine, and go hit the weights, and this cow dives onto the machine. 10 minutes later she gets off, after a tough workout!
Are you the Situation?

Why not take a 2-week break from the gym to let your system recover, or set up a home-gym routine for the 2 weeks?
A. A two week hiatus AFTER the holidays is the last thing I need.B. I've already addressed this several times, but I'll do it once more. I can work out, during work hours, if I use the gym as per AF fitness poilicies. If I work out at home, I lose that three hours. If the gym remains crowded, then yes, I will have to do it after work. As I said earlier, tomorrow is the first day everyone should be back to work, so it is the true test. Guess I'll see exactly how many non-working wives there are on base.

Just to save you wasting any more time trolling...

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: mon.

· View this post

· Un-ignore mon

Congrats, it's a list of one.

Ah, the ol' "He called me out on the fact I wasn't making sense and owned me, so now I'll try and distract him with insults" ploy. Well played.
Cogitate much? You're not making sense. You were peacocking, P Boy called you on it, but you won't own up to it.
You can make the claim all you want. Post it a thousand times if you like. It won't make it any more the truth than the first time you or he posted it. At some point though, it would be nice if you'd actually contribute something, anything, to the thread that addressed the whole point of the OP rather than just trolling.
And vice versa. No matter how many times you post this trash it won't make it true. See, I can say it, too.
And once again, no point, only trolling. Cross-Eyed disagrees with me, but at least he has a point he's trying to make as it pertains to the topic. You? Nothing. Just a bitter little troll. Oh well, situation resolved as far as I am concerned.
FFA, dude -- Free For All. I and another FBG called you on something, and you're not big enough to admit it. Makes me even more glad I retired from the AF when I did -- too much ego in today's (and recent) military.

What the hell ever happened to tying on some running shoes and taking off around the neighborhood? I never understood why anyone would run on a treadmill, at least if the weather won't kill you.
It was about 19 degrees here in Atlanta this morning, with near 0 wind chill. I ain't running in that.
We ran in Decatur at 5:30 this morning... an inner and outer layer of Cold Gear and I was all nice and toasty. It's great for outdoor activities in cold weather, I own about 5 Cold Gear turtlenecks.
:banned: love the Cold-gear...it's a must-have for running in the freezing cold we have for 4 months of the year here.

Well, the whole idea of being service minded includes making other people's needs a priority. That's pretty much what service is. Your attitude toward the other folks in the gym is the exact opposite of service.
So when I go to the grocery store, I should start bagging other people's groceries for them too? Seriously, WTF dude? You are off on some wild tangent here.
Sure, if you want to take it to the extreme. But I don't think anyone would think that is a reasonable expectation. Sharing the gym with other people who have the same right to be there as you, however...

What the hell ever happened to tying on some running shoes and taking off around the neighborhood? I never understood why anyone would run on a treadmill, at least if the weather won't kill you.
It was about 19 degrees here in Atlanta this morning, with near 0 wind chill. I ain't running in that.
We ran in Decatur at 5:30 this morning... an inner and outer layer of Cold Gear and I was all nice and toasty. It's great for outdoor activities in cold weather, I own about 5 Cold Gear turtlenecks.
:confused: love the Cold-gear...it's a must-have for running in the freezing cold we have for 4 months of the year here.
I've never heard of Cold Gear but will have to look into it. I've been breaking out the same old thermals and long sleeve t's and sweatshirts for a while but never all that happy with them. My main uses would be running, skiing, and freezing my ### off at football games... what would you recommend? Where's the best place to buy and do they ever have any good deals on them? Thanks!

Well, the whole idea of being service minded includes making other people's needs a priority. That's pretty much what service is. Your attitude toward the other folks in the gym is the exact opposite of service.
So when I go to the grocery store, I should start bagging other people's groceries for them too? Seriously, WTF dude? You are off on some wild tangent here.
Sure, if you want to take it to the extreme. But I don't think anyone would think that is a reasonable expectation. Sharing the gym with other people who have the same right to be there as you, however...
I guess I don't understand why you think someone who works in customer service (which I don't) should be customer service oriented when they aren't at work. :confused:

I guess I don't understand why you think someone who works in customer service (which I don't) should be customer service oriented when they aren't at work. :confused:
Where did I say "customer"? I said service. People in the military always talk about their service to their country. I assumed that meant you believed in serving. Serving involves putting others' needs before your own.

Doesn't bother me. I'm at the gym 5am every day. It's kinda nice to see some new faces. Sure some wont last, but some will.....Being rude to someone now could be a bad choice if you continue to see them every day from now on.

My gym is pretty upscale with a membership cap. so maybe we don't see the crowds. I'd say maybe between a 15-20% increase this morning.

I guess I don't understand why you think someone who works in customer service (which I don't) should be customer service oriented when they aren't at work. :shrug:
Where did I say "customer"? I said service. People in the military always talk about their service to their country. I assumed that meant you believed in serving. Serving involves putting others' needs before your own.
Service to the country, fighting for it's freedoms, etc is much different than serving an individual. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already.

Doesn't bother me. I'm at the gym 5am every day. It's kinda nice to see some new faces.
5:00 in the morning is actually one of the busiest times at a base gym. Unit PT and people working out before work (it's mandatory for active duty). Lunch time and after work hours are a close second. I chose 2:30 for the very reason that the gym is usually nearly empty them. Plenty of parking, no wait on any of the machines.

I'll take these guys over the lifers who feel like they own the place, and thus proceed to leave stacks of weight on every piece of free weight equipment, and use the excuse of the latest Muscle & Fitness cover workout to lay claim to three pieces of equipment at once."Don't touch that bench!""But you're squatting.""I'm squatting AND benching!!!":rolleyes:
:goodposting: No, not just a good posting...a great one. How about a little tolerance towards others, huh? I don't hit the gym 6-7 days a week. I'm in there 2-3 times a week and I don't do cardio workouts inside. I'm outside 52 weeks of the year doing 3-4 runs each week. But, still the "lifers" lump me in with the other resolution newbies and grumble that I'm in their way. Sorry man, we aren't all training for the cover of Muscle and Fitness.

I'll take these guys over the lifers who feel like they own the place, and thus proceed to leave stacks of weight on every piece of free weight equipment, and use the excuse of the latest Muscle & Fitness cover workout to lay claim to three pieces of equipment at once."Don't touch that bench!""But you're squatting.""I'm squatting AND benching!!!":rolleyes:
:goodposting: No, not just a good posting...a great one. How about a little tolerance towards others, huh? I don't hit the gym 6-7 days a week. I'm in there 2-3 times a week and I don't do cardio workouts inside. I'm outside 52 weeks of the year doing 3-4 runs each week. But, still the "lifers" lump me in with the other resolution newbies and grumble that I'm in their way. Sorry man, we aren't all training for the cover of Muscle and Fitness.
I don't use the weights at the gym. I stay in cardio shape because I am considered high risk for heart disease due to family history and am a recovering cancer patient. At the advice of my doctors, I stay in good cardio shape and keep my weight down. But please, feel free to keep sterotyping me with someone that isn't even remotely like me. And, if you were at my game 52 weeks a year, I guarentee I would know you were a regular since we'd both be running.

Love my home gym. :goodposting:

Coffee is ready when I wake up, in the home gym by 5:45-6:00am 45 minutes weights. 30 minutes cardio. Done for the day.

I could never go to a gym after work after working out at home in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't bother me. I'm at the gym 5am every day. It's kinda nice to see some new faces.
5:00 in the morning is actually one of the busiest times at a base gym. Unit PT and people working out before work (it's mandatory for active duty). Lunch time and after work hours are a close second. I chose 2:30 for the very reason that the gym is usually nearly empty them. Plenty of parking, no wait on any of the machines.
I hear ya. I can use the base gym for free, but have chosen to join a better gym that costs $150/month.

I hate this time of year. All those people that will work out for two weeks before disappearing for the next 50 weeks (just like they do every year) filling up the gym like rats escaping the rising waters. Why do you bother? You aren't fooling anyone. You know the first time you sweat you'll quit again, never to return (until next January, when you tell yourself this year will be different). Do all of us that regualry work out a favor and just stay the #### home.
Guess I don't get this.Sure the machined weights and crap-mills are full but who uses them. The equipment I use is not effected and I prefer to run at the track/football field versus using a tread-mill or elliptical.I also willing to bet that a lot of those people that are short timers are intimidated by the regulars and eventually give up. Maybe if the regulars were not jerks it would help more people stay on.

Love my home gym. :goodposting: Coffee is ready when I wake up, in the home gym by 5:45-6:00am 45 minutes weights. 30 minutes cardio. Done for the day.I could never go to a gym after work after working out at home in the morning.
I'm at work by 6:30. For me to work out first, I;d have to get up at 4:20 in the morning. No way I can be running then. And yes, it DOES suck doing it after work, which is why I like to go during. It's a bummer to have it staring you in the face when you get home, especially when you are used to being done already.

You sure do whine a lot for being in the military.God help us if you ever get deployed
Retired. I deployed 7 times between 9/11 and the end of 2004. You?
I'm not the one whining like a little girl.
I guess I can assume that's a "never." Thanks for playing mon Jr. Troll on...
I never have, but my nephew was killed during the first gulf war, does that count?.... Troll on Jr.

My wife's been going to aerobics classes twice a week for over 10 years. She hates this time of year too since the classes are absolutely packed.
Trust me, I understand those providing the disparaging remarks are those that never go to the gym. Or only go for two weeks out of the year...
I go four times a week to the gym and they do not seem to bother me at all. I have more complaints about regulars than I do about the resolution guys.

I also willing to bet that a lot of those people that are short timers are intimidated by the regulars and eventually give up. Maybe if the regulars were not jerks it would help more people stay on.
I didn't say a word to any of them. Just turned around and left. :goodposting:

You sure do whine a lot for being in the military.God help us if you ever get deployed
Retired. I deployed 7 times between 9/11 and the end of 2004. You?
I'm not the one whining like a little girl.
I guess I can assume that's a "never." Thanks for playing mon Jr. Troll on...
I never have, but my nephew was killed during the first gulf war, does that count? .... Troll on Jr.
And that has what to do with you? You brought deployments up, not me. So only one of us is trolling here, and it isn't me. Please don't disgrace your nephew's memory by trying to piggy-back on his deployment and death for your own credit. Edited to add, so no, it doesn't count for you. Not at all.

Love my home gym. :mellow: Coffee is ready when I wake up, in the home gym by 5:45-6:00am 45 minutes weights. 30 minutes cardio. Done for the day.I could never go to a gym after work after working out at home in the morning.
I'm at work by 6:30. For me to work out first, I;d have to get up at 4:20 in the morning. No way I can be running then. And yes, it DOES suck doing it after work, which is why I like to go during. It's a bummer to have it staring you in the face when you get home, especially when you are used to being done already.
I agree...I have worked out in the morning for 6-7 years now. If I miss my morning workout I usually don`t workout at all. When I workout in the evening I can never fall asleep.

Love my home gym. :mellow: Coffee is ready when I wake up, in the home gym by 5:45-6:00am 45 minutes weights. 30 minutes cardio. Done for the day.I could never go to a gym after work after working out at home in the morning.
If the government is paying you to work out during the week why can't it be at 6:30 instead of your "normal" time?

Nice of you to be so encouraging.
I encourage them to walk outside on the sidewalk for thie two weeks before they invariably disappear like every other year they garbage up the gym for thier amazing two week workout regiment.
I suggest you buy your own gym so that you can screen all potential members.
You can try to slam me all you want. At this point, I really don't care. I go through this crap every stinking January. I guarentee, two weeks from now, these people will disappear, never to be seen again (until next Janaury). It's a pain in the ### for those of us that have a regular workout routine. I can understand your lack of ability in understanding this. Though admittedly I am basing this on an assumption.
Couldn't agree with you more. I go to the gym at 5:30 AM every morning for the past 7 months. I go this morning, and there were 3 times the people there. Normally there are around 15-20 people in there at that time (all regulars). This morning, there was 64. I hop on one of two free treadmills. 30 minutes into my 60 minute workout, some moron comes up to see how much longer I will be on the machine as they would like to use it. I told her I would be on it for another 30 minutes, and she got all pissed and said I was hogging the equipment. I told her as politely as I could that she could go bug one of the other people using the treadmills, who I'm sure will be done in 10 minutes. She explains that my treadmill is the one she wants to use as it faces the TV that she wants to see. So 30 minutes later I finish up and clean the machine, and go hit the weights, and this cow dives onto the machine. 10 minutes later she gets off, after a tough workout!
I don't use the treadmills at the gym but I was under the impression there was a 30-minute limit during peak time at most gyms.

If the government is paying you to work out during the week why can't it be at 6:30 instead of your "normal" time?
Man, starting to feel like a broken record repeating myself. I could certainly do it then. BUT MORNINGS ARE THE MOST CROWDED TIME OF THE DAY AT THE BASE GYM.

What I don't get is that this happens EVERY year.........not just this year. All of you 'gym rats' know that it is going to get packed with the January resolution crowd every January.......so it's just poor planning on your part.

Why not take a 2-week break from the gym to let your system recover, or set up a home-gym routine for the 2 weeks?
Eh? Not all of us get annoyed by the big crowds around this time of year. I don't have a specific order in which I have to do my lifting exercises, so if someone is using what I want to do next, I just do something else and get back to the other one when it is freed up (although I generally do have an order in which I do them, but it is not the end of the world if I have to adjust on the fly). It is not that difficult of a concept. But there are definitely gym rats who think they own the place just because they are there every day of their lives.

Service to the country, fighting for it's freedoms, etc is much different than serving an individual. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already.
Who makes up the country?
Oh please, you seriously don't need me to explain the difference between defending your country and defending each and every person individually do you? You truly can't be that slow.
I see that your tactic is to keep changing the argument. Who said "defending"?Whatever. Have fun rubbing elbows with the newbies at the gym.

I'll take these guys over the lifers who feel like they own the place, and thus proceed to leave stacks of weight on every piece of free weight equipment, and use the excuse of the latest Muscle & Fitness cover workout to lay claim to three pieces of equipment at once."Don't touch that bench!""But you're squatting.""I'm squatting AND benching!!!":shrug:
:mellow: No, not just a good posting...a great one. How about a little tolerance towards others, huh? I don't hit the gym 6-7 days a week. I'm in there 2-3 times a week and I don't do cardio workouts inside. I'm outside 52 weeks of the year doing 3-4 runs each week. But, still the "lifers" lump me in with the other resolution newbies and grumble that I'm in their way. Sorry man, we aren't all training for the cover of Muscle and Fitness.
I don't use the weights at the gym. I stay in cardio shape because I am considered high risk for heart disease due to family history and am a recovering cancer patient. At the advice of my doctors, I stay in good cardio shape and keep my weight down. But please, feel free to keep sterotyping me with someone that isn't even remotely like me. And, if you were at my game 52 weeks a year, I guarentee I would know you were a regular since we'd both be running.
Er...what? Who's stereotyping you, here? You said you hate thing A about the gym. I said I hate thing B about the gym. The other guy agreed with me.Life, like gym membership, isn't all about people being out to get you. Paranoia isn't helping that heart condition.

Who makes up the country?
Oh please, you seriously don't need me to explain the difference between defending your country and defending each and every person individually do you? You truly can't be that slow.
I see that your tactic is to keep changing the argument. Who said "defending"?Whatever. Have fun rubbing elbows with the newbies at the gym.
I see your tactic is to just keep throwing out irrelevant statements. So yes, this is getting tiresome and has completely diverged away from the point of the thread. While it was wonderful playing the semantics game with you, it's time for both of us to move on.

Several years ago my wife and I decided that our health was a priority and we purchased an elliptical, as well as a home gym. So we haven't been annoying or annoyed at the gym for quite a while. If it bothers you this much I would suggest that you do the same.
Are you offering to build the addition to my house that would hold all of this gym equipment? If so, I'll start contacting contractors ASAP! Otis can probably help me with that.
Sure. Check's in the mail.
Plus, I should point out, the government gives employees three hours a week to work out. These hours are authorized during the week day. These three hours can't be used at home. So, you can't skip the gym and do the workout at home. You basically lose the three free hours if you can't get in the gym.
WTF?
Federal pen maybe?

I'll take these guys over the lifers who feel like they own the place, and thus proceed to leave stacks of weight on every piece of free weight equipment, and use the excuse of the latest Muscle & Fitness cover workout to lay claim to three pieces of equipment at once."Don't touch that bench!""But you're squatting.""I'm squatting AND benching!!!":shrug:
Er...what? Who's stereotyping you, here? You said you hate thing A about the gym. I said I hate thing B about the gym. The other guy agreed with me.Life, like gym membership, isn't all about people being out to get you. Paranoia isn't helping that heart condition.
Your post referred to the weight area. His refered to Muscle and Fitness. Seems like the obvious conclussion to me. It's pretty straight forward what his point was. Maybe the name should be changed from FFA to Bait and Switch. Seems to be the trend in this thread.

Your post referred to the weight area. His refered to Muscle and Fitness. Seems like the obvious conclussion to me. It's pretty straight forward what his point was. Maybe the name should be changed from FFA to Bait and Switch. Seems to be the trend in this thread.
I find it hard to argue with his conclussion.

Therefore it was an insult to you, who doesn't use the weights? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread