What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I haven't been to the movie theater since before the Pandemic, when is the last time you went? (1 Viewer)

The last time I was in a movie theater was to watch The Natural. Whatever year that was. I always preferred drive-ins..... Yeah, I'm getting old.

Went a little crazy this week. Was on vacation and saw Sound of Freedom (solid), Oppenheimer (good but not great in my book), Dead Reckoning (I love the MI series, so would say really good action movie), and a showing of A.I. Artificial Intelligence (the Spielberg flick from 20 years ago . . . didn’t love it then or now). I’d go to more movies if there were some I wanted to watch.

Just got back from Barbie. Thought it was fantastic. Really great movie.

That's three movies I've seen at the theater in the last month and they were all terrific movies and terrific experiences. Highly recommend all three.

Hmm, I thought it was a sold meh. A few chuckles, but not all that funny.

I'm not in the camp that it was some sort of man-hating feminist manifesto, although the movie was clearly leaning hard into it. I just didn't find it all that entertaining.

The music was hit or miss. I think they nailed the bro songs (particularly when they were all paired off on the beach around little "campfires"). But some of the other musical selections were pretty terrible. Unfortunately for Mark Ronson, I saw that he was responsible, and this bit of business has almost retroactively soured me on things I like of his that he's done in the past.

I'm also a Helen Mirren fan, but the use of narration throughout a movie just smacks of laziness. Was this supposed to be a fairy tale? I don't think so. And I think I'm over Will Ferrell.

I know I'm not alone in this, but Ryan Gosling as Ken was a revelation. Dude's got some serious comedic chops. Margo Robbie was also very good in her role. But if there's a Barbie sequel (and given the massive amounts of cash they've generated), it sure as hell better be Ken-centric, or Kentric if you will.

Matthew Vaughn’s ‘Argylle’ looks good.

The first trailer for Matthew Vaughn‘s spy drama Argylle dropped Thursday morning, and in the clip, we see more of the director’s trademark slick action and more of Henry Cavill‘s disconcerting haircut.

The trailer offers more clues as to the plot of Argylle. We learn that Argylle (Cavill) is a fictional super spy dreamed up by introverted writer Elly Conway (Bryce Dallas Howard), whose life is turned upside down when her new book is a little too close to the truth for some real-life spies who begin to hunt her down. Oh, and her cat is along for the ride.

Argylle‘s all-star cast includes Cavill, Howard, Sam Rockwell, Bryan Cranston, Catherine O’Hara, John Cena, Dua Lipa, Ariana DeBose, Samuel L. Jackson and Dua Lipa.
(We see Henry dance in the trailer, but will Sam? If not, it sort of bucks the trend.)

I will be in the theater for this one come February '24 :thumbup:

Flowers of the Killer Moon

-Open this Friday nationwide

Scorcese was the last director I saw in a movie theater before the pandemic and that's the director that will lead me back into them this Friday
I know a little about the back story for the film but I try not to watch the previews much, I trust Martin and I'm sure I will be highly entertained and talking about it after

It's been almost 4 years since I've walked into a movie theater.
I miss the early 2000s walking around SoCal, used to go once/twice a week, saw everything on big screens

Not exactly sure which theater around here in Florida I'm attending but I have a couple I'm considering.
There is a place called the Movies at Delray and the Movies at Lake Worth, Mom n Pop which is where I saw the Irishman, they make the best popcorn and sell Nerd Ropes

Looking forward to this.

Just saw it's 3.5 hours running time, holy ****!

Last edited:

I'm not in the camp that it was some sort of man-hating feminist manifesto, although the movie was clearly leaning hard into it. I just didn't find it all that entertaining.

The music was hit or miss. I think they nailed the bro songs (particularly when they were all paired off on the beach around little "campfires"). But some of the other musical selections were pretty terrible. Unfortunately for Mark Ronson, I saw that he was responsible, and this bit of business has almost retroactively soured me on things I like of his that he's done in the past.

I'm also a Helen Mirren fan, but the use of narration throughout a movie just smacks of laziness. Was this supposed to be a fairy tale? I don't think so. And I think I'm over Will Ferrell.

I know I'm not alone in this, but Ryan Gosling as Ken was a revelation. Dude's got some serious comedic chops. Margo Robbie was also very good in her role. But if there's a Barbie sequel (and given the massive amounts of cash they've generated), it sure as hell better be Ken-centric, or Kentric if you will.
Apple TV
-I couldn't watch 5 minutes of it, Mrs MoP fell asleep and hasn't finished it
Highly doubt we are the target audience

That's a movie and we like "Films"

Apple TV

I would love to hear your distinction here.

Apple TV

The Avengers is a movie
No Country For Old Men is a film
Let's start there

And It's film season the rest of the year

Apple TV

The Avengers is a movie
Let's start there

It's for sure awards movie season. I won't argue about your film vs movie thing though, I'll just let that be.

Apple TV

The Avengers is a movie
Let's start there

It's for sure awards movie season. I won't argue about your film vs movie thing though, I'll just let that be.
Michael Bay makes movies
Martin Scorcese makes films
Is that a little better?

Users who are viewing this thread