What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I Peaked In '97 - When Did You Peak? (1 Viewer)

I got it now
A thorn in my side the size of a Cadillac
Drive it through
Cause backing up now would be next to impossible

" '97 " by Alkaline Trio

Reactions: Zow
I think this thread is because I heard "Let Forever Be" by the Chemical Brothers in an Amazon intro and thought "that was over twenty-five years ago, bruh." Then I realized that house music peaked about then, sorta like me! I think this borrows liberally from "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles.

Let Forever Be

I think this thread is because I heard "Let Forever Be" by the Chemical Brothers in an Amazon intro and thought "that was over twenty-five years ago, bruh." Then I realized that house music peaked about then, sorta like me! I think this borrows liberally from "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles.

Let Forever Be

One of the greatest albums ever made

I'm pretty sure it was '97. Damn was that a good year. Might have been the summer of '98. That was epic. Everything else from there? Downhill slope like black diamond. Every so often I hit a leisurely plateau, and I relish it, but there's no way I'm getting back into peak form.

No how.

Summer 1986

I was 20, had just bought a Toyota Supra (1980, so it was 'high performance' but not a speed demon) and most impressively, had a gf who was way out of my league by orders of magnitude. The most amazing part was that she had approached me.

We started dating around May, had a pretty good Summer, and then my anxieties about outkicking my coverage took over in the Fall and I broke up with her.

I ran into her a few years later, and while I didn't think it was possible, she looked even hotter than when we were dating, as she had become a fitness instructor.

Even worse, to this day, I miss the car more than her.

Let Forever Be

Whenever Noel Gallagher collaborated with the Brothers Chemical, you knew the end of Revolver was getting…honored…

Long live the MTV Amp era!

Physically, mentally and emotionally this is definitely my peak. Though I probably was a little better looking in my mid to late 30s than I am now. I could do without so much grey hair in my beard too. But those are all pretty minor and superficial complaints.

When I was 6 years old I saved my younger brother from drowning. Sorta pathetic that the best thing I ever did was around the time Van Halen's first album came out and it's apparently been all downhill since.

twin peaks (see what I did there)

1990 - Freshman athlete of the year, co-valedictorian, broke school interception record, started for city champ basketball team and baseball team, dated hottest girl in the school

2023 - business took off and I'll likely never have to work for another person again, celebrated the marriage of my forever wife(technically married in 2022 but had "wedding" this year)

FTR I think its more interesting to talk about the abyss vs. the peak

Last edited:
Back in younger years I peaked after about 3-to-5 minutes. In my late 30s it was more like a half hour. Now as I get older there is no peak, it is more like a trying to jog up a very long, gradual incline…..with two broken legs.

Sorry, what was the question again?

Not sure I had a discrete peak, but was most physically fit in my twenties, mentally sharp in my 30s, and emotionally mature now. I wish the latter occurred a couple decades earlier, as fear of failure has typically prevented me from doing my best.

Users who are viewing this thread