What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ian Rappaport reporting Foster unlikely to play.... (1 Viewer)

I'm not a foster owner so wasn't keeping track but when the heck did his injury pop up? Man this guy can't stay healthy.

Just picked up Blue and dropped CJ anderson
Good to know. Keep us posted so I'm not on pins and needles all day with your team.

Edit - wow, you felt the need to tell us twice in the Shark Pool

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up Blue and dropped CJ anderson
Good to know. Keep us posted so I'm not on pins and needles all day with your team.

Edit - wow, you felt the need to tell us twice in the Shark Pool
GFY how does my post in anyway affect you?
I follow the rules of the Shark Pool. It affects me and 10,000 others when you don't. TIA
Lollers. Thanks traffic cop
Dude, enough!!!!!

Came here to read up on this situation not read about your personal additions subtractions to your team.

Children.

No link, only saw Rappaport say, if Foster out it could be a combo of Blue and Ronnie Brown. And now we wait........

I'll keep you guys updated as things progress with my line-up this AM.*

*In reality, sorry to clog the thread. Back to the news

I am sure Blue is the play but this is not the Kubiak Texans anymore. I don't think it is a given that the backup will produce if something happens to Foster. Foster is one of the top backs in the league. If I had Foster I would have already had Blue probably but a lot of people think owning the Texans running game is gold and I am not so certain on that one.

From Rotoworld
Appearing on GameDay First, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Arian Foster (hamstring) is a "long shot" to play against the Giants on Sunday.
It appears Foster's league-high 55 carries have already caught up to him. As a 28-year-old workhorse with past hamstring issues, Foster simply can't hold up to this insane workload. It's likely to be the Alfred Blue show this week against the G-Men, with Ronnie Brown mixing in on passing downs. Blue has some RB2/FLEX appeal in this run-heavy offense. The Giants are missing MLB Jon Beason. Sep 21 - 8:42 AM

If you're in a pinch Blue is the play, although I expect a committee. Brown seems like the guy to handle 3rd downs. How much Grimes will mix in really clouds the situation. Obviously we arent looking at a situation like Knile Davis, who simply took over the workload. Blue seems unlikely to get 20+ touches, but he is the best bet to get closest. Id start him if I had to and hope for the best. He's looked pretty good so far so hope that Eli sucks the place up, the Texans grab the lead and put this kid to work.

I'm pretty surprised to hear Brown is going to get work, if this is some three headed attack none are really ever going to be worth starting.

I'm pretty surprised to hear Brown is going to get work, if this is some three headed attack none are really ever going to be worth starting.
It doesn't surprise me too much. Two seasons ago he caught 40+ passes in San Diego. Grimes has 10 career receptions, and Blue is a rookie. Brown getting some 3rd down/passing situation snaps makes sense to me.

And to make it worse if some combination of RBs works today they will definitely pull back on foster. He was doing great because he got a huge workload but they see he couldn't even hold up for three games at that level. I would think his workload would go down a lot, assuming he does come back from this injury.

And to make it worse if some combination of RBs works today they will definitely pull back on foster. He was doing great because he got a huge workload but they see he couldn't even hold up for three games at that level. I would think his workload would go down a lot, assuming he does come back from this injury.
Good. I mentioned O'Brein was insane to think Foster could hold up on ~30 touches a game in his dedicated thread and here we are. He shouldn't touch it more than 20 a game. I don't care if it decreases his value as long as he actually lasts for a majority of the year.

Starting Blue with confidence if Arian is out. That kid turns his shoulders and gets downhill fast. I drafted him with a late pick everywhere for exactly this situation. No time to be shy now.

ETA: Good chance also that he bulldozes his way to at least one short TD too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, we're told it'll be Blue and Brown. No other colors to add to the mix?

Watch, Grimes will get 100+ yards and a score just to screw everybody up.

Who are people starting blue over? With foster out I'm considering starting blue, Asiata and lacy over montee.

Starting Blue with confidence if Arian is out. That kid turns his shoulders and gets downhill fast. I drafted him with a late pick everywhere for exactly this situation. No time to be shy now.

I'd give it a week unless I was seriously desperate. No one has a clue how this is truly going to shake out.

Good. I mentioned O'Brein was insane to think Foster could hold up on ~30 touches a game in his dedicated thread and here we are. He shouldn't touch it more than 20 a game. I don't care if it decreases his value as long as he actually lasts for a majority of the year.
Almost all Foster owners were thinking the same thing.

I'd give it a week unless I was seriously desperate. No one has a clue how this is truly going to shake out.
I'm going to start him anyway.

So blue over just fodder types? What about Sproles in non-PPR? I know he's been beasting it but Sproles has to come back to normalize a bit... he's the second back after all. And Bradshaw? I don't think I'll start over either.

Assuming he starts, what type of numbers are you expecting from Blue? Is he a pass catching back as well? Don't know much about him.

Users who are viewing this thread