What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm being called out on this trade. Claims collision (1 Viewer)

Limp Dogg Bizkits

Footballguy
In a PPR league, I have been accused of possible collusion. This is a dynasty league, and we have no trade deadline. I traded WR Chris Henry and WR R. White for Kevin Jones.

My RB's are R Bush, ADP, Hall, C. Brown, and M Bush. We start 2 RB and 3 WR and a flex.

My WR's are solid with S. Smith (car), Evans, CJ, Hackett, White, Henry and I have J. Walker on IR and needed to make room.

His top WRs are Driver and McDonald and then some scrubs. His RB's are not great: Green, Lynch, Watson, Young, and KJ.

I'm not asking if I should have done this or anything like that, but is this as lopsided as this guy is claiming? He is calling the other owner out because he is out of the playoffs and they guy that is complaining is one spot ahead of me.

He is claiming that since I picked up both White and Henry off the WW that this trade should not be allowed.

The guy I traded with is a friend of mine, but this is a dynasty, so its not like he is trying to set me up.

I don't see any major problem with it other than that the team trading Kevin Jones is very weak at RB and picking up WRs that aren't too great for a starting RB doesn't make sense.

However, it doesn't seem like collusion and stupid trades shouldn't be overturned and that's what it seems this other owner (your friend) has done.

I do not see how you can call someone out over this trade. I think you are getting the better end, but this is clearly not collusion. I would not partake in a league that would question a trade like this. It is quite possible that in the long run he will get the better end with Jones' injury woes. I would be pissed if I was you.

Absolutely a head-on collision
Here is my reply to him:He offered the trade, not me. He needed WR's. Who cares if they were WW pickups? Henry is a top 20 WR from here on out. Look at Whites numbers for the last 6 games. Top 10 WR over last 6 games. I was going to start both of those guys over my #2 pick S. Smith. In Whites last 5 games, he has scored 80.4 points. In KJ last 5 games, he has scored 72. Henry has averaged 18 points a game since his return.You seem to get bent out of shape over me trading a player who was on the WW.Farve was on the WW at the start of the season in one of my Dynasty leagues. Derek Anderson was on the WW in our league, and he has outscored Manning and has played in 2 less games. Warner has outscored Bulger, Young, Schaub despite playing in 3 or 4 less games! Where was Ernest Graham drafted? He has outscored Larry Johnson, Gore, Parker, Lewis, Edge, Benson etc. I picked up DeMeco Ryans and Colston off waivers last year in another Dynasty league.I guess they have no value since they were WW guys? This was a trade that helped both teams. That is what its about.

I don't see why those players being on he waiver wire have anything to do with it. Tons of great players have emerged from the waiver wire. I doubt many teams had Henry on their team until say week 5 when you could see the light at the end of the tunnel with him coming off suspension. As far as Roddy White goes he has been more than decent lately. Like him, as far as players who are starting to emerge go, it takes a while for FF players to become convinced that this is now a trend and not a couple of fluke weeks. That shouldn't diminish his value.

Thinking back quickly, in most leagues you could have not drafted at all and had this current starting lineup with #1 ww priority all year:

Anderson

Ryan Grant

Earnest Grahm

Greg Jennings

Santonio Holmes

Donald Lee

Titans D

I don't see why those players being on he waiver wire have anything to do with it. Tons of great players have emerged from the waiver wire. I doubt many teams had Henry on their team until say week 5 when you could see the light at the end of the tunnel with him coming off suspension. As far as Roddy White goes he has been more than decent lately. Like him, as far as players who are starting to emerge go, it takes a while for FF players to become convinced that this is now a trend and not a couple of fluke weeks. That shouldn't diminish his value.Thinking back quickly, in most leagues you could have not drafted at all and had this current starting lineup with #1 ww priority all year:AndersonRyan GrantEarnest GrahmGreg JenningsSantonio HolmesDonald LeeTitans D
I agree with all but Holmes. At least not in a dynasty

Shrewd deal on his part. Henry could be a top-5 WR next year with Chad Johnson gone, and Kevin Jones has always been spotty.

Kind of surprised that both WRs would be available in a dynasty league.

I don't see why those players being on he waiver wire have anything to do with it. Tons of great players have emerged from the waiver wire. I doubt many teams had Henry on their team until say week 5 when you could see the light at the end of the tunnel with him coming off suspension. As far as Roddy White goes he has been more than decent lately. Like him, as far as players who are starting to emerge go, it takes a while for FF players to become convinced that this is now a trend and not a couple of fluke weeks. That shouldn't diminish his value.Thinking back quickly, in most leagues you could have not drafted at all and had this current starting lineup with #1 ww priority all year:AndersonRyan GrantEarnest GrahmGreg JenningsSantonio HolmesDonald LeeTitans D
You could also add (for leagues with shallow rosters, i.e. 12-team 14-man rosters)Marc BulgerVince YoungSelvin YoungLee EvansSantana MossDallas ClarkGostkowski/FolkNY Giants D

You could also add (for leagues with shallow rosters, i.e. 12-team 14-man rosters)Marc BulgerVince YoungSelvin YoungLee EvansSantana MossDallas ClarkGostkowski/FolkNY Giants D
i know we're getting offtrack here, but vince young and lee evans o nthe wire would have really surprised me - no shocked me -with those rosters.i agree this trade should not be considered collusive.

Shrewd deal on his part. Henry could be a top-5 WR next year with Chad Johnson gone, and Kevin Jones has always been spotty.Kind of surprised that both WRs would be available in a dynasty league.
Was thinking this too. Not sure that getting Jones makes you the winner in this trade. I am positive this couldn't realisticly be called collussion though.

Plain and simple, that other owner is a big crybaby. You don't even need to answer to him. I hope you overtake him in the standings.

While many of your arguments are flawed - you could make an argument for allot of certain players about fantasy points scored over a certain stretch of games (All Day Peterson didn't score any points last week) or Javon Walker hasn't played much this year so he isn't worth much, etc. - the trade looks uneven, but not collusion.

Kevin Jones if healthy is a top 20 RB in PPR formats with top 10 potential. You stole him for R.White & C.Henry.

While many of your arguments are flawed - you could make an argument for allot of certain players about fantasy points scored over a certain stretch of games (All Day Peterson didn't score any points last week) or Javon Walker hasn't played much this year so he isn't worth much, etc. - the trade looks uneven, but not collusion.

Kevin Jones if healthy is a top 20 RB in PPR formats with top 10 potential. You stole him for R.White & C.Henry.
If unhealthy, the other guy stole two talented young WRs in Roddy White & Chris Henry.I think Kevin Jones is week-to-week for the rest of his career.

I like all 3 of these players next year. Nothing wrong with this trade. Commish should fine the complainer for being a doush.
I'm the commish. This trade is not getting overturned.
What? Oh that changes everything. You're nothing but a lowdown, dirty, power-abusing, jerk! Just kidding. :unsure: But you should consider kicking that crybaby out of the league, just for questioning your integrity. :) Commissioners NEVER cheat or collude.

Users who are viewing this thread