What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm benching Chris Johnson for... (1 Viewer)

CeeLoGreen

Footballguy
Benching CJ in favor of Donald Brown vs. Carolina and Kevin Smith vs. Green Bay...

Foolish? Are others still sticking with him? William Perry could rush for 100 yards against the Panthers, which was Johnson's only decent game in ages.

I got him on the cheap as my 2nd/3rd RB, but many people have him as their number one. I think there is less risk with him as a 2nd/3rd RB.

I'm interested in how other people are viewing CJ for the rest of the year as well as this week and how much faith they have in him.

I'm not benching him the next two weeks. I can't do it. He's going to get around 20 touches against two of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL. I have to start him.

After that, we'll see...

Right now, Peterson and Sproles. But it looks like AD will be benched so the choice will come down to CJ vs. Boldin. I'm leaning towards Boldin.

'timschochet said:
I'm not benching him the next two weeks. I can't do it. He's going to get around 20 touches against two of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL. I have to start him.After that, we'll see...
This. I missed out on getting Kevin Smith so my only other options are Pierre Thomas or Mark Ingram. I have to go with the guy that's going to get more touches and hope for the best. He's at home this week and the Atlanta rush defense is much better than TB. If he has a performance like he did vs. Cincy three weeks ago I will take it.

'raidergil said:
'Ministry of Pain said:
This. Hass outrushed him on 1 carry last week!
:goodposting: I held onto LBJ. (Keeper league, low rookie salary.)

For this year, I was hoping I'd know what I had by the playoffs. I kind of do. And it's not somebody I want to start.

I dumped Javon Ringer last week, after LBJ went off in week ten.

Luckily, I picked up Kevin Smith, who I'm starting this week.

Not sure I want to try to re-acquire Ringer. It's not a situation I find appealing at this juncture.

Tampa's run defense is un-good. HTH.
That must be the formula for Dodd's ranking this week. I mean really, without giving away specific insider material, he's projected as a RB1 stud right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know what Panther RB to start against the pathetic Colts so I'm starting both Jonathan Stewart and D'Angelo Williams and benching Chris Johnson.

I figured Williams should get a lot of rushing yards and if the game is close (which I think it will be) then Stewart will get a lot of receiving yards. I just wish Newton would quit getting all of the rushing touchdowns.

'BigTex said:
It's crunch time, I'm starting him.
This is true for the Titans and for Johnson. I know, if he can't get it done against this poor run defense, he can't do it at all.Fact of the matter is he's been putrid the vast majority of games this year, against both weaker and stronger D's. With Fred Jackson gong dark, I'm feeling more comfortable in Cedric Benson's low floor than the huge risk of Chris Johnson browning the bed yet again.

I picked up Kevin Smith this week and will be starting him over CJ not just this week, but from here on out.

After losing J. Charles for the season, I really needed CJ to step up and play. I've been starting him every week, and I've lost too many games by 10 points or less as a result...thinking each week was the week he was going to turn it around. I cant afford it anymore. In fact, it probibly already cost me a spot in the playoffs. No more. I'm done.

CJ won't get back into my starting rotation until he puts up a string of solid games, which I'm guessing won't likely happen until next year (if ever again).

Do we really need a thread. He's a low end RB two. I'm going to start a thread..."I'm benching Ryan Grant for"

Do we really need a thread. He's a low end RB two. I'm going to start a thread..."I'm benching Ryan Grant for"
It would appear that some feel he is far less than that. Nothing wrong with having a place to vent. The guy has let a lot of people down this year including his coaches and Titans fans.

So, how did that work for everyone?I started him.
I pulled Tate back but didn't feel good about it and it should be noted that Johnson still looked very tentative at times as was mentioned in the game thread. I saw a guy avoiding terrible missed blocking assignments at times but I also saw a guy glide into the secondary at times. It's very hard to gauge how good the game was today as the field was also very sloppy.

I picked up Kevin Smith this week and will be starting him over CJ not just this week, but from here on out.

After losing J. Charles for the season, I really needed CJ to step up and play. I've been starting him every week, and I've lost too many games by 10 points or less as a result...thinking each week was the week he was going to turn it around. I cant afford it anymore. In fact, it probibly already cost me a spot in the playoffs. No more. I'm done.

CJ won't get back into my starting rotation until he puts up a string of solid games, which I'm guessing won't likely happen until next year (if ever again).
:lmao:

:lmao:
Figures he puts up 190 now. But im sticking to what I said earlier. No start until I start seeing him do well for more than 1 week.

Tampa's run defense was atrocious coming into this game. I mentioned it upthread. That being said, Chris Johnson had some vintage CJ runs yesterday. He read his blocks and hit the hole with some authority. He stuck his foot in the ground and was exploding up the field for big chunks of yards. He seemed a bit tentative early in the game though, but he looked like CJ2K in the second half. The Titans offensive line also pushed Tampa's defensive line around all day. They were blasting the Buc defenders off the ball.

Very good news for his owners.

Even if we want to put this performance solely on the matchup I'll take it. Chris Johnson's next five opponents:

@Buf

NO

@Indy

Jax

There isn't a touch matchup in the bunch. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 5 pick in drafts next season. He's about to go on a nice run of solid games.

Tampa's run defense was atrocious coming into this game. I mentioned it upthread. That being said, Chris Johnson had some vintage CJ runs yesterday. He read his blocks and hit the hole with some authority. He stuck his foot in the ground and was exploding up the field for big chunks of yards. He seemed a bit tentative early in the game though, but he looked like CJ2K in the second half. The Titans offensive line also pushed Tampa's defensive line around all day. They were blasting the Buc defenders off the ball.

Very good news for his owners.

Even if we want to put this performance solely on the matchup I'll take it. Chris Johnson's next five opponents:

@Buf

NO

@Indy

Jax

There isn't a touch matchup in the bunch. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 5 pick in drafts next season. He's about to go on a nice run of solid games.

Users who are viewing this thread