What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Moreno over __________ (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Moreno vs Sproles PPR league here.

Moreno is safe for 50 rushing, 3-30 rec 11 points on the low end

Sproles 4-40 Rec 10 rushing on low as well 9 points

I'm considering him over Marques Colston as my flex, but I can't shake the feeling that this is one of those times where we're all chasing last week's points and he'll have a 18 for 57 yards, 0 tds type of line this week.

Non-PPR, otherwise standard FBG scoring, for a flex spot I'm deciding between:

Moreno @ Baltimore

or David Wilson @ Atlanta

I think I am going to wait until I hear any news on Ray Lewis returning.

I am on the other side of this coin flip. Started Moreno over Spiller last week, but can not bring myself to do it this week with Fred Jackson out and Seattle possibly in for a let down game in Toronto.

'pyite76 said:
Non-PPR, otherwise standard FBG scoring, for a flex spot I'm deciding between:Moreno @ Baltimoreor David Wilson @ AtlantaI think I am going to wait until I hear any news on Ray Lewis returning.
Unless Bradshaw is out then I think you're crazy to start Wilson.

'pyite76 said:
Non-PPR, otherwise standard FBG scoring, for a flex spot I'm deciding between:Moreno @ Baltimoreor David Wilson @ AtlantaI think I am going to wait until I hear any news on Ray Lewis returning.
Unless Bradshaw is out then I think you're crazy to start Wilson.
if bradshaw is out I wonder how wilson performs in pass protection. could make it hard on the whole giants offense if he misses a few assignments

Green-Ellis, Bryce Brown or Moreno and I have to pick 2.

As of now I have Moreno & Green Ellis in there but I've switched it numerous times.

For now it looks like I'm going to start R. Bush over Moreno as my RB3 in PPR. May change this out, Moreno is the safe play vs Reggie's upside if they use him like the last few weeks.

'pyite76 said:
I think this is a no brainer. You know Knowshon is getting at least 20 carries. David Wilson MAY get 10, may get 2.I am stuck, once again, between Denario Alexander and Knowshon. Thinking of going with both and sitting Cobb.

I got Moreno starting in both my 1 pt per PPR league as I did last week. Sproles or Reggie Bush is my tough choice I have to make in both leagues.

'pyite76 said:
I think this is a no brainer. You know Knowshon is getting at least 20 carries. David Wilson MAY get 10, may get 2.I am stuck, once again, between Denario Alexander and Knowshon. Thinking of going with both and sitting Cobb.
What if Bradshaw is out?

'pyite76 said:
What if Bradshaw is out?
I would still go with Knowshon for the reason Need2Know said....One missed protection assignment or fumble and you never know what Coughlin will do. If you are confident Wilson plays the whole game, I would go with him. Personally, I would be worried.

Anyone here decididing debating Moreno @ BAL or McFadden vs KC? It's non-ppr, and I'm torn.
same here. Not sure what I'll do but I may start DMC. This week looks like it's gonna be close between me and my opponent so I'll take the higher-risk, higher-upside guy.

I think i am going moreno over sjax, bryce brown, alfred morris and david wilson...

although if bradshaw is out that might change.

Last week I trotted Moreno out over Sproles.

THIS week I'm shying away.

The Raiders defense makes EVERY opposing running back look good. Moreno's big numbers had more to do with the matchup and his absurd 36 touches than his talent. His biggest asset right now is that he's fresh.

The Ravens aren't exactly stout against the run, either... but they're still a class above the Oakland sieve and a returning Ray Lewis may help them as well. Probably chomping at the bit for a rebound win after choking last week's game to the Redskins backup QB.

I'm starting Spiller and Sproles. The very nature of Tampa Bay's run D being so good probably ensures Sproles is on the field in passing situations and utilized far more than any of the other Saints' backs. (I tend to view bad RB matchups as a positive for Sproles - even though he did finally get worked back into the rushing rotation again last week.)

Hard to bench any of the Saints pass catchers against the Bucs very torchable secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I have Moreno in flex over Julio Jones (non ppr).

My gut initially told me Julio, but Knowshon gets so many touches.

However, his value is strictly in his touches and his offense. Watching him last week was pretty unimpressive.

Right now I have Moreno in flex over Julio Jones (non ppr).My gut initially told me Julio, but Knowshon gets so many touches.However, his value is strictly in his touches and his offense. Watching him last week was pretty unimpressive.
I thought he looked good. Pushing the pile late in the game. Plus with Peyton they will get in the redzone alot....must start to me unless you have like a top 10 rb to play over him. .

Ppr. I have Moreno in over sproles and Mathews. I'm back and forth between him and sproles. Seems like a handful of us have this same decision to make. I think higher floor is Moreno higher ceiling/risk is sproles. They both scare me for different reasons. I'm flip flopping.

Last week I trotted Moreno out over Sproles.THIS week I'm shying away.The Raiders defense makes EVERY opposing running back look good. Moreno's big numbers had more to do with the matchup and his absurd 36 touches than his talent. His biggest asset right now is that he's fresh.The Ravens aren't exactly stout against the run, either... but they're still a class above the Oakland sieve and a returning Ray Lewis may help them as well. Probably chomping at the bit for a rebound win after choking last week's game to the Redskins backup QB.I'm starting Spiller and Sproles. The very nature of Tampa Bay's run D being so good probably ensures Sproles is on the field in passing situations and utilized far more than any of the other Saints' backs. (I tend to view bad RB matchups as a positive for Sproles - even though he did finally get worked back into the rushing rotation again last week.)Hard to bench any of the Saints pass catchers against the Bucs very torchable secondary.
Great points but do you think TB can score with the Saints in NO? Other wise NO can run with a quick lead.

Right now I have Moreno in flex over Julio Jones (non ppr).My gut initially told me Julio, but Knowshon gets so many touches.However, his value is strictly in his touches and his offense. Watching him last week was pretty unimpressive.
I thought he looked good. Pushing the pile late in the game. Plus with Peyton they will get in the redzone alot....must start to me unless you have like a top 10 rb to play over him. .
True, later in the game he was getting solid yardage.I just think he doesn't have a very high ceiling at all, but he remains pretty "safe" because of his touches.It wouldn't shock me to see a 25 carry, 72 yd-type game this week, but you still have to start him unless , as you said, you have elite options.

'pyite76 said:
:lmao: RayRay is not the player he once was, and his return will have very little impact on the play of the Ravens defense. IIRC the Ravens were giving up large chunks of yardage on the ground when Ray was playing. That said I think Wilson is a no brainer.

Currently planning on starting Moreno and McFadden over Mathews and Leshoure in non-ppr, but everything I'm reading about Mathews is so positive this week. It would be hard to trust him, but I wonder if the stars are aligning...

debating starting knowshon over alfred morris in .5 ppr.... leaning towards moreno as he should be involved in the passing game too :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread