What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is a Denver vs Seattle Super Bowl inevitable? (1 Viewer)

Seattle probably will be favored by what, a field goal next week? Give them a 55% chance to make it to the SB?

Seattle looks impressive..not trying to change the subject here,but have we just watched the end of Jimmy Graham as the one and only de facto #1 TE? judging by the blueprint laid out the last two weeks, it's plausible..
Graham has been playing with partially torn plantar fascia. If you want to, it's pretty easy to stop someone with that since most with that are on IR. It's really unbelievable that people don't know this.

Winner of the SF-Carolina game is going to give them a run because both teams have a QB that can run in ####ty conditions AND both teams have a D that can matchup vs the Seattle D. IT will come down to who doesn't make a mistake in that game. Old school football meets new football rules. Watch the hitting cause that type of penalty could cost the team the game.
Last year vs Atlanta, Zach Miller had a fully torn PF in the first quarter but he came back and had a monster game. But, he's no Jimmy Graham.

Seattle looks impressive..not trying to change the subject here,but have we just watched the end of Jimmy Graham as the one and only de facto #1 TE? judging by the blueprint laid out the last two weeks, it's plausible..
Graham has been playing with partially torn plantar fascia. If you want to, it's pretty easy to stop someone with that since most with that are on IR. It's really unbelievable that people don't know this.

Winner of the SF-Carolina game is going to give them a run because both teams have a QB that can run in ####ty conditions AND both teams have a D that can matchup vs the Seattle D. IT will come down to who doesn't make a mistake in that game. Old school football meets new football rules. Watch the hitting cause that type of penalty could cost the team the game.
Last year vs Atlanta, Zach Miller had a fully torn PF in the first quarter but he came back and had a monster game. But, he's no Jimmy Graham.
I know you're trying downplay Graham's injury here, but I'm not sure why.

If memory serves, Graham injured himself before Week 8. Week 8.

You're comparing him to Zach Miller who played 3 quarters? Maybe you're trying to say that a full tear is worse than a partial, even though the pain is almost exactly the same according to reports, and Zach took a painkilling shot after the injury anyway, so pain really isn't a factor.

Were you serious with this? Or does the mention of Graham playing through injury offend your Seattle fandom, somehow?

Or is it something else? Please, fill us in. Trying to figure out how Zach Miller's injury situation has anything to do with Grahams, except they both hurt their foot at some point in their career.

You're comparing him to Zach Miller who played 3 quarters? Maybe you're trying to say that a full tear is worse than a partial, even though the pain is almost exactly the same according to reports, and Zach took a painkilling shot after the injury anyway, so pain really isn't a factor.

Were you serious with this? Or does the mention of Graham playing through injury offend your Seattle fandom, somehow?

Or is it something else? Please, fill us in. Trying to figure out how Zach Miller's injury situation has anything to do with Grahams, except they both hurt their foot at some point in their career.
I know you're trying to downplay the Seahawks D, but I do know why.

Obviously Graham has been unproductive since week 8. He hasn't been? I guess no other teams really wanted to then since, as you say, it's pretty easy to do so.

Graham didn't get any painkilling shots? Why not? If it's the same pain, wouldn't the same shot help Graham, who's definitively better than Miller, get through however many quarters he played (hard to tell if he was ever even out there)? Is it fair to the team to have someone out there who can be "easily stopped if a defense wants to".

:lmao: Always love the "if you disagree you're OFFENDED" nonsense.

You're right, the situations don't seem to be very similar since Miller didn't #### the the bed in an elimination game. Your bolded statement above is utterly absurd. It's your Saints fandom trying to say that it wasn't the Seahawks D that stopped Graham because he's been hurt, even though that didn't stop him in the regular season. It's excuse making at it's finest topped off with a dose of someone who's butthurt trying to say the other guy is "offended" when that's exactly what has you crying in the first place.

The #1 D in the league shut down the #1 TE in the league.

Seattle probably will be favored by what, a field goal next week? Give them a 55% chance to make it to the SB?
-4 vs 49ers

-7 vs Panthers
On a neutral playing field, there's no reason to believe Seattle is better than either of them.

It wouldn't be more than a 3-4 points spread simply because the game is in Seattle.
Even on neutral field vs 49ers, 3 point favorite vs Carolina, three points to the home team is pretty much standard in gambling.

Doctor Detroit said:
Steelers4Life said:
Doctor Detroit said:
proninja said:
-4 vs 49ers

-7 vs Panthers
On a neutral playing field, there's no reason to believe Seattle is better than either of them.

It wouldn't be more than a 3-4 points spread simply because the game is in Seattle.
Even on neutral field vs 49ers, 3 point favorite vs Carolina, three points to the home team is pretty much standard in gambling.
I think these predicted lines are pretty bang on. I think on a neutral field seattle would be favoured by maybe 0.5 vs SF, and 3 vs Car... add the 3 points for being at home (could almost be argued that its more because its seattle's field we're talking about). 3.5 vs SF, 6 vs CAR.

Doctor Detroit said:
Steelers4Life said:
Doctor Detroit said:
proninja said:
-4 vs 49ers

-7 vs Panthers

I think these predicted lines are pretty bang on. I think on a neutral field seattle would be favoured by maybe 0.5 vs SF, and 3 vs Car... add the 3 points for being at home (could almost be argued that its more because its seattle's field we're talking about). 3.5 vs SF, 6 vs CAR.
Maybe that's how Vegas will see if, but it's nuts to believe the Seahawks are a TD better than the Panthers on any field.

The Panthers played them tough in Carolina at the beginning of the year when they started out 1-3, but they have the best record in the NFL since then and the exact kind of team that'll give Seattle a lot of problems no matter where the game is played. Seattle has the edge because of home field, but if the Panthers are getting a TD to start, that line will come down.

Doctor Detroit said:
Steelers4Life said:
Doctor Detroit said:
proninja said:
-4 vs 49ers

-7 vs Panthers

Maybe that's how Vegas will see if, but it's nuts to believe the Seahawks are a TD better than the Panthers on any field.

The Panthers played them tough in Carolina at the beginning of the year when they started out 1-3, but they have the best record in the NFL since then and the exact kind of team that'll give Seattle a lot of problems no matter where the game is played. Seattle has the edge because of home field, but if the Panthers are getting a TD to start, that line will come down.
:lmao: Seattle has the best record in the NFL including then, and has the same record as the Panthers since then. So other than beating them at their home by 5, they have finished the year the same and now will play in Seattle (pending). A TD+ seems just about right.

Doctor Detroit said:
Steelers4Life said:
Doctor Detroit said:
proninja said:
-4 vs 49ers

-7 vs Panthers

I doubt it, maybe to 6 but not lower. I'm guessing it will stay right around seven.

Doctor Detroit said:
Steelers4Life said:
Doctor Detroit said:
proninja said:
-4 vs 49ers

-7 vs Panthers

:lmao: Seattle has the best record in the NFL including then, and has the same record as the Panthers since then. So other than beating them at their home by 5, they have finished the year the same and now will play in Seattle (pending). A TD+ seems just about right.
Wrong.

After the first 4 weeks of the season, which is what I referenced because something seriously clicked for the Panthers that week, the Panthers finished the regular season 11-1, losing only at New Orleans. The Seahawks were actually 9-3 over their final 12 games, including losses in 2 of their final 4.

The Panthers now are a very, very different and much better team than they were to start the year.

The Seahawks have every reason to be confident because they have a home game in the NFC Championship. Quite frankly, I'd expect Seattle to win no matter who they face. But there's a lot of overconfidence there, because it's going to be a tight game no matter what. Unlike New Orleans, both Carolina and San Francisco can grind out tough games against physical opponents.

Wrong.

After the first 4 weeks of the season, which is what I referenced because something seriously clicked for the Panthers that week, the Panthers finished the regular season 11-1, losing only at New Orleans. The Seahawks were actually 9-3 over their final 12 games, including losses in 2 of their final 4.

The Panthers now are a very, very different and much better team than they were to start the year.

The Seahawks have every reason to be confident because they have a home game in the NFC Championship. Quite frankly, I'd expect Seattle to win no matter who they face. But there's a lot of overconfidence there, because it's going to be a tight game no matter what. Unlike New Orleans, both Carolina and San Francisco can grind out tough games against physical opponents.
I assume you're referencing overconfidence of the fanbase, and not the team, correct?

Wrong.

I assume you're referencing overconfidence of the fanbase, and not the team, correct?
Absolutely.

Nothing but respect for the way the team operates, aside from the drugs in the secondary which they've paid a price for. Seattle's a fun team to watch, and it's hard to find anything to hate about guys like Lynch, Wilson, and Tate. I think the defense is great when they're at home and it'll be a great matchup.

If I was a betting man and SF or Carolina are getting points, I'm taking the underdog. Easily.

Steelers4Life said:
Doctor Detroit said:
proninja said:
-4 vs 49ers-7 vs Panthers
On a neutral playing field, there's no reason to believe Seattle is better than either of them.It wouldn't be more than a 3-4 points spread simply because the game is in Seattle.
Better D and turnover differential. San Fran is second in turnover diff, and Carolina is 4th, but it really isn't close.For my money, I'd rather have Wilson calling signals than either Kaepernick or Newton; fewer mental mistakes and steadier under pressure. Just a more mature QB overall.

For those reasons I think you'd have to take Seattle on a neutral field.

I know you're trying to downplay the Seahawks D, but I do know why.

Obviously Graham has been unproductive since week 8. He hasn't been? I guess no other teams really wanted to then since, as you say, it's pretty easy to do so.

Graham didn't get any painkilling shots? Why not? If it's the same pain, wouldn't the same shot help Graham, who's definitively better than Miller, get through however many quarters he played (hard to tell if he was ever even out there)? Is it fair to the team to have someone out there who can be "easily stopped if a defense wants to".

:lmao: Always love the "if you disagree you're OFFENDED" nonsense.

You're right, the situations don't seem to be very similar since Miller didn't #### the the bed in an elimination game. Your bolded statement above is utterly absurd. It's your Saints fandom trying to say that it wasn't the Seahawks D that stopped Graham because he's been hurt, even though that didn't stop him in the regular season. It's excuse making at it's finest topped off with a dose of someone who's butthurt trying to say the other guy is "offended" when that's exactly what has you crying in the first place.

The #1 D in the league shut down the #1 TE in the league.
I honestly have no idea what your point is here. None.

I asked why you compared Miller's 3 quarters of play to Graham's half season of play with a similar injury.

Your response was that I was offended by Seattle's D. ...What?

I never mentioned Seattle's D. Never even implied I was talking about Seattle's D. I'm not a Saint's fan (wrong assumption, again) and am on the outside looking in, wondering why you got so defensive about a great TE being hurt. He could have made a difference if healthy - is that hard to admit? Would you have a problem admitting Seattle's D has played great and could have shut him down even if healthy? Surely not. Why get so defensive that you make the absurd comparison of a 3 Qtr injury to a half season one? Even the original quoted post was replying to a reason why Graham was having up and down games. It's a plausible reason.

Hell, I don't know - I thought I'd ask you a question since I was interested as to why you downplayed Graham's injury for half a season. That didn't work out so well. I retract my question. You seem a bit high strung. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
the safer play is on the o/u
Safer?? Which do you prefer? O/U for Denevr/Pats is 56.6 I think, and the other game is 39.5.

Not sure how either of those are safer than the spreads for the games.

I like Seattle in this one at -3.5, but I would buy a half point (a website I use allows it, bookies dont I dont think). Cost roughly 10% of the bet.

Other game, currently Denver -5.5......................tougher call, but I am going Denver.

Users who are viewing this thread