What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Matt Jones (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld.com

Mike Mayock retold the story of former first-round flop Matt Jones' Senior Bowl week in 2005 during this week's NFL Network coverage in Mobile, insisting Jones' practice habits "screamed buyer beware."

During a relatively slow week for NFL news, we found this story relevant as the Senior Bowl winds down. "I gotta be honest with ya," Mayock said. "I was on the field that year and I followed him from drill to drill the entire week, because there was such a buzz about him. He was last in every line. He didn't seem like he cared a whole lot. ... To me, it was like buyer beware. It screamed buyer beware. And unfortunately for the Jags, they bought it." Jones retired from football after failing to make the Bengals in 2010.
Did Mayock even say a word about this back then?

I miss Matt Jones. He was a cornerstone of my Madden fantasy draft franchises for years. I'd always pump him up to 94/95 or so just thru usage.

seems odd that he never got a shot to play anywhere.. CFL, Arena, Flag Football America, NFL Europe anything

I miss Matt Jones. He was a cornerstone of my Madden fantasy draft franchises for years. I'd always pump him up to 94/95 or so just thru usage.
He was on my first year dynasty team and I hung onto him too long. I learned the lesson with him that physical skills do not always translate to on field or fantasy value.

He was on my first year dynasty team and I hung onto him too long. I learned the lesson with him that physical skills do not always translate to on field or fantasy value.
When I saw this thread at the top of page 1, I thought for sure he was dead.

Shutout said:
az_prof said:
When I saw this thread at the top of page 1, I thought for sure he was dead.
Me too, his wikipedia site says that he is in sports radio in Arkansas.

Users who are viewing this thread