What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

I am seriously considering benching Shady & rolling the dice w/ Crow. I really don't feel like it's a huge gamble given Shady's performance to date.

I just dropped West to grab him. Crossong my fingers he doesn't fumble and gets GL carries.

Couldn't chance watching West get less carries and no GL.

SiriusXM Reporting to expect Crowell to start today-Tate being benched for comments earlier in the week(about lack of playing time, not what he expected when he signed)

Noted Tate should play, but is not starting...

SiriusXM Reporting to expect Crowell to start today-Tate being benched for comments earlier in the week(about lack of playing time, not what he expected when he signed)

Noted Tate should play, but is not starting...
I wondered if this factored in, awesome for Crow!

latest tony grossi tweet:

in pre-game warmups, west took 1st rep with browns offense. Team has not announced change at RB, ben tate listed #1 on depth chart

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 2m2 minutes ago

In pre-game warmups, Terrance West took 1st rep w #Browns offense. Team has not announced any change at RB. List Ben Tate on depth chart.

In pre-game warmups, Terrance West took 1st rep w #Browns offense. Team has not announced any change at RB. List Ben Tate on depth chart.
This is f'n madness. Stop it!I'm benching Tate and Crowell and going with Sims.

Last edited by a moderator:

i'll play him over Ball in one league but too big a risk to put him in over jennings in another i think

Just saw that Crow is getting the start. Damn. Now do I put him over Cooks on the flex?
Cooks is playing at home, in the dome, and he's been hot lately so do you need points and high ceiling or do you want a nice safe floor?

Crow will have a solid low floor but odds are Cooks will have a higher middle floor.

Per upside, its not a slam dunk but I would go Crow because he's never got the start, its always been T-West but the coaching staff sat West earlier in the season due to sulking during the week and in the Cincy game West showboated a lil bit on the sidelines, a big no-no for this conservative staff who pimp the motto 'Play like a Brown' and have that pasted everywhere so they are trying to establish an identity which doesn't mesh with showboating rookie RBs so they may limit West's carries this week in a penance move.

Crow should get the bulk of carries but Tate will also see action where he's been most effective in the passing game.

If the game gets out of hand, quite possible facing a guy making his first NFL start along side a rookie RB making his second NFL start, then Isaiah should get lots of carries. Don't forget, last game the Browns ran the ball 52 times, the most in the league this year and they scored three rushing TDs.

So the Crow getting his first NFL start after seeing how the coaches frown on certain actions and where they have sat West in the past coupled with a game plan that is probably highly run dependent against a team that is ranked in the 20s defensively.

I feel at minimum a solid game but honestly feel a big game is coming for the Crow.

You guys are nuts, there are so many conflicting reports that crowell could end up finishing with 5 touches, doubtful but i wouldnt put it past this coaching staff, and what happens if the texans jump out to a 21-3 lead? Can crowell pass protect becuase we know he cant catch. This game is no lock for clevelands by any means.

WTF?

--------

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 11m 11 minutes ago

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 44m44 minutes ago

Some reports saying rookie RB Isaiah Crowell to start for #Browns. Nothing official from team.

------------------

Why did Grossi tweet he was starting when no one else had?

Starting Crowell over Reed in the flex today. Need his higher ceiling to have a chance at winning.

:lol: This is becoming a comedy routine.

Updating a previous item, Terrance West took the first rep with the Browns' starting offense during Sunday's pre-game warmups.
Despite multiple reports the Browns will start Isaiah Crowell against the Texans, the team announced no lineup changes, and still lists Ben Tate atop the depth chart, with West handling first-team reps before the game. This situation is as unpredictable as it gets from a fantasy standpoint. The Browns' coaching staff likely doesn't even know who will get the bulk of the workload.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter
Nov 16 - 12:39 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sticking with Crow, I believe!!!! Tate on the outs, I'm thinking 12 carries minimum. Of course banking on a Mallett implosion...

Wow. Talk about over-the-top hype. Ought to be interesting to see if he can be the stud he's alleged to be with the start. Hanging onto the football would help.

Users who are viewing this thread