What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isn't it weird to donate for sick animals when we have sick kids? (1 Viewer)

i'll go there. i like cats and dogs better than kids, no question. my wife and i arent going to have kids. we do have pets, however. we'll let the rest of humanity raise their snot-nosed little crotchspawn. so i would donate to animal stuff before children's stuff.
Thanks for not having kids.

does anything trump sick kids? If not, I guess they should get all the money then. Why does our govt buy tanks and bombs and stuff when there are sick kids?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
does anything trump sick kids? If not, I guess they should get all the money then. Why does our govt buy tanks and bombs and stuff when there are sick kids?
You've posted several times with the same point, we get it. Move on to something else.
I'm still enjoying it.

Back when I was into performing magic I used to donate to the upkeep of Harry Houdini's grave site. It had been let go and his head stone had been badly vandalized. The magicians society had been in charge of it for a while but as the years passed they stopped caring about it. A private group raised funds and restored the grave and marker to better than it's original state. I am proud to have donated (it was only a few dollars a year) as I felt obligated to give back to a man who had inspired me when I was younger. The bottom line is we are free to choose who and what to donate our money. I have enough i can give to multiple charity.

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
You've posted several times with the same point, we get it. Move on to something else.
I'm just trying to figure out the ranking here. Seems like people donating to charity is a good thing, regardless of the cause. Not everybody cares about the same stuff.

People who donate to sick kids could probably donate MORE to sick kids, couldn't they?

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
I'm just trying to figure out the ranking here. Seems like people donating to charity is a good thing, regardless of the cause. Not everybody cares about the same stuff.

People who donate to sick kids could probably donate MORE to sick kids, couldn't they?
Donate to what you want, I don't care. But we'd be better off as a society if people focused on human matters rather than animal matters. That is indisputable. Humans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Animals. However, again do what you want to do, doing something productive is better than nothing.

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

Donate to what you want, I don't care. But we'd be better off as a society if people focused on human matters rather than animal matters. That is indisputable. Humans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Animals. However, again do what you want to do, doing something productive is better than nothing.
I dispute that.

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

:mellow:

it sounds like you do care though. maybe even a lot.

$10 to an animal shelter who only raises a few thousand a year makes a big impact. If you donate $10 to MDA, they raise millions and millions a year. That money doesn't have much of an impact for them. You have to think of percentages.

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

I dispute that.
There's a place for your type too.

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

I dispute that.
There's a place for your type too.
I hope that place is puppy heaven.

it sounds like you do care though. maybe even a lot.
That's where you're wrong, a lot.

Back when I was into performing magic I used to donate to the upkeep of Harry Houdini's grave site. It had been let go and his head stone had been badly vandalized. The magicians society had been in charge of it for a while but as the years passed they stopped caring about it. A private group raised funds and restored the grave and marker to better than it's original state. I am proud to have donated (it was only a few dollars a year) as I felt obligated to give back to a man who had inspired me when I was younger. The bottom line is we are free to choose who and what to donate our money. I have enough i can give to multiple charity.
Only a few blocks from where I grew up (not far from where I still live) We went there one Halloween. That cemetery is a mess.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
why does the US give aid to other countries when many of our own citizens have so many problems that need solving?
Lots of hungry US kids could be fed.

Unfortunately, the publics desire to help others is grossly disproportionate to the support given to ailing baby goats.

Only a few blocks from where I grew up (not far from where I still live) We went there one Halloween. That cemetery is a mess.
I was led to believe it had been cleaned up and was now being cared for by the Houdini museum.

Maybe I'll stop my donations to Disabled American Vets and give to a children's charity. What did the veterans do anyway?
Big fan of donations to vets. They've made tremendous sacrifices and should be cared for.

Or we could redirect all their donations to dalmations?
I don't get it. You don't want to help animals, but you want to help the doctors that treat animals?

I was led to believe it had been cleaned up and was now being cared for by the Houdini museum.
I think his grave is being maintained but the whole cemetery is falling apart. Last I heard they lock it on Halloween to keep the crowd away. Not sure what happens there now but there were hundreds of people the year I went.

I want to give to animal charities, but I'm just waiting on a viral gimmick to goad me into contributing.

I think his grave is being maintained but the whole cemetery is falling apart. Last I heard they lock it on Halloween to keep the crowd away. Not sure what happens there now but there were hundreds of people the year I went.
I'm just waiting for the day when he busts out of there.

I'm just waiting for the day when he busts out of there.
lol...so are a lot of people. I think the year I went was the 75th anniversary of his death.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
why does the US give aid to other countries when many of our own citizens have so many problems that need solving?
At least we're still talking about people vs. people there.

Isn't it weird for people to live extravagant lives when there are sick and dying children in the world?
Seriously yes. PM Chet.

You're mad about this aren't you. How much do you give to cats?
No, not mad. Just find it odd thinking.

I give to ASPCA, but most of my donations go towards helping people.
Can you tell me why it's odd thinking? It seems pretty normal to me. We gave X Million dollars as a society last year to help children. We gave Y Million dollars as a society to help cats. Given those facts, the thought wouldn't cross your mind that "hmm, hey, maybe we should take the Y Million we gave to cats, and instead give that to children too" ?
Let's do the same thing when it comes to breast cancer or ALS or Alzheimers. Screw those sick adults. Every penny should go to kids.
I personally don't have a problem with throwing the 70 year olds under the bus in favor of the 10 year olds, but that's not a debate we need to have here. We can't even get past kids vs. cats.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Couldn't we all live in adobe huts and give more money to sick kids?
If only someone had made this really perceptive observation already in this thread.

The less you give to the SPCA, the more pitbulls we have roaming the streets eating your kids.

Make sense?

They used to have a seance every year as he told his wife he would contact her if he could. They felt no contact. That was long ago and now with new technology like EVP I wonder if they would get some signals.

Gambino said:
This place needs a name change to OBTUSEGUYS.com
Shh. Let them just get out their righteous indignation at this affront. It will pass, and then maybe we can talk about logic and reason for like 7 seconds. And then Tim will show up.

Ok, so we've established that pets are equally as valuable as children.

Where is the dividing line between pets? Do you guys think it's silly to donate to pet fish causes? Hamsters? Just cats and dogs?
You forgot privacy shrubs. They're definitely more important than children.
How many cats do you have?
Why do you love privacy shrubs more than your kids?
I haven't purchased privacy shrubs yet. It is likely my wife will spend that money on the kids before I get the chance. I hope you're happy.

Gambino said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

I'm not suggesting anyone should donate more. I'm looking at what people are donating to cats and what people are donating to kids, and I'm thinking "man, we probably have better uses for that cat money."

I think what we can all agree upon here is that Otis really, really doesn't need those hedges.
We're basically just chilling with my neighbors all the time if we don't put them in. I'll invite you for beers the next time you make town. You'll come over and we'll have a great time and then the neighbors will complain that we're being too loud, and I'll just give you a look like "see, told you."

On the reals, personally I primarily give to a couple of charities (a breath of hope, neuroblastoma children's cancer society) that help people; but if peeps want to help our four legged friends that's cool too.

I also tend to give to any FBGs thing run/walk/bike/plunge/whatever thing I see because its cool that they're out doing something. I even got a thank you card from Beavers! (no pics though) I'll even give something to Sheik, despite his threads. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread